Anyone Buying A Bravia Who Doesn't Want The Ps3?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the topic suggests, this could be a good opportunity for people buying Bravias under the new promotion who don't want/need a PS3 to get some money back on their purchase.

I'm interested at around the $500 mark - PM me with offers :)

mate the way i think is if sony's giving away ps3s for bonuses, that means the ps3's price will drop soon?

I'm based in Brisbane. I think I have pretty much decided on a Bravia x3100. I have no need for the

playstation as I have a gaming computer and will buy a hd dvd player.

I can let you know once I have purchased the tele if you like, probably over the next week or two at the

most.

Cameron

I would be interested in buying a PS3 at same stage.....just for playing games. I have a Sharp BD player for blu-ray movies. However, you can negotiate them for around $450 in the shops now. If buying off another person, I would expect to pay much less for them...

Yeah, I'd be happy to buy someone's unwanted PS3 as well. Looking at paying around $350 as there will be quite a few of these hitting the market once Sony start sending them out. I'm only interested in a new unopened unit. Otherwise $300 is tops for a used PS3.

I would be interested in buying a PS3 at same stage.....just for playing games. I have a Sharp BD player for blu-ray movies. However, you can negotiate them for around $450 in the shops now. If buying off another person, I would expect to pay much less for them...

Are you saying you can now get a PS3 for $450 or the Sharp BD player for around $450.

If you mean the PS3 I can tell you no way on Earth they are selling for $450.

The cheapest price was $600 from Kmart and Big W over Christmas with limited stock and are now back to around $700 and most places still charging $650-699.

Yeah, I'd be happy to buy someone's unwanted PS3 as well. Looking at paying around $350 as there will be quite a few of these hitting the market once Sony start sending them out. I'm only interested in a new unopened unit. Otherwise $300 is tops for a used PS3.

How is $350 a fair offer for a new unopened PS3?

$500-550 I would expect as a minimum. They're $700 new!

(I have a 60GB btw which im taking to the grave :) )

Edited by elisiX

yep i agree... surely no one in their right mind will sell you their unopened PS3 for that cheap.....

Are you saying you can now get a PS3 for $450 or the Sharp BD player for around $450.

If you mean the PS3 I can tell you no way on Earth they are selling for $450.

The cheapest price was $600 from Kmart and Big W over Christmas with limited stock and are now back to around $700 and most places still charging $650-699.

Mate, which planet are you on? I bought my Sharp BD Player (model BDHP20X) for $399 last week. People have got even better deals for them (some people of this forum got them for $399 incl 2 yrs extended warranty).

As far as PS3 are concerned, some on this forum have bought NEW PS3 for $449....

$699 is the RRP price. Obviously no one pays that much. The Sharp Blu-ray player had a RRP of $799 initially!!

Mate, which planet are you on? I bought my Sharp BD Player (model BDHP20X) for $399 last week. People have got even better deals for them (some people of this forum got them for $399 incl 2 yrs extended warranty).

As far as PS3 are concerned, some on this forum have bought NEW PS3 for $449....

$699 is the RRP price. Obviously no one pays that much. The Sharp Blu-ray player had a RRP of $799 initially!!

As far as i know that price is only for trade in with ur old console so that doesnt count :rolleyes:

As far as i know that price is only for trade in with ur old console so that doesnt count :rolleyes:

$449 was paid by guys WITHOUT the PS2 tradein. The PS2 tradein's are meaningless anyway. It's just a sales strategy to get people to to buy the newer PS3.

i think this thread is going no where why dont u guy sell it on ebay or some where else eg trading post. You properly get more chance then selling it on this forum. The mentality is ppl dont like paying too much when they know that u got it free, even though u, I and everyone else know its worth more. Lucky i already pre sold mine to my friend for $500, his happy cos he can not get it anywhere cheaper then that price. Also for ppl that are genuine interested in making a offer please still do so. But for other pls post ur comments else where. Keep it fair! and give this thread a go!

550 its definitely not fair, since before christmas it has been will be selling for $599 from Big W and K Mart.

Will not suprised me that by end of this month, there will be free games package with it.

I reckong 450-500 is pretty fair for those who can't wait and wants a good deal soon!

The reason why I said $350 is because I believe the PS3 will be dropping in price and will also offer bundled games soon. They need to do so to remain competitive. Also, there are large number of people who do not want to keep the free PS3. I've spoken to a few people in shops and they have said quite a few of their customers don't know what they will do with the PS3 because they don't really want them or already have one. Obviously there are others who do want them, but there are large number that do not. So they can get rid of them and recoup some of the costs of the TV. If you don't want to sell your free PS3, then don't.

When you can buy something for $450 from a shop, why would you pay more than $350 here. If anyone wants to sell their free PS3, please PM me once you have received the unit. $350 unopened, $300 opened. I'm in Adelaide, pickup only.

If anyone wants to sell their FREE PS3, I would recommend steering clear of DTVforum to advertise it.

These forums are excessively price driven in commentary and people try to pay as little as possible. The facts are these.

Sony gives the retailers around 6% margin on the consoles - If you notice no one has really advertised them below about $650 yet we all know 20% off a TV is done easily - Why not 20% off a PS3. Reason - It can not be done

$450 as quoted previously as a street price is Nonsense. Unless you get a sales drone who is an idiot and stuffs up, $450 will never happen.

BIGw/Kmart at $599 - yes it happenned but now they have stopped. Walk in now and try to get it at $599. You simply wont. It was a genuine loss leader to drag bums in for the Xmas sales.

Anyone wanting to sell should go to EBAY or the like where if you notice $550+ for a new unopened Australian unit is very common. I would suggest you will get close to $600. Simply put for some people who want a console, to pay $50-$80 more in a shop is a fair bit of money . If they can get your new unopened unit for $50-100 less than the best retail street price available they will jump at it.

The only way you will get less is if there is a price drop from Sony reducing the units RRP Value or a new bundle becomes available. But I dont see that happenning until at least March/April which is the next holiday season. The gaming industry goes into offers, bundles or price drops always around holiday times when they try to induce families and kids who will bust their parents chops for entertainment.

And as for likening prices to the US, forget it. We are not in the US so its no comparison. IF you want to save a few bucks and run the risk of no warranty, or getting caught with customs duty or the possibiliy of a DOA, then go for it - But is all that hassle and concern really worth about $100

If you are selling your console, don't listen to anyone here who offers less than $500, let alone ridiculous offers of $350 - $300. If anyone out there is prepared to take $350 - $300 then I will give you $50 more myself and sell it on ebay and make $100 off your lack or patience.

Liken it to ipods - the best you get an unopened ipod off EBAY is generally around 10% off retail - more is just not possible because of the demand vs cost structure of the product.

PS3 SELLERS - DON'T CUT YOURSELF SHORT.

A product is ultimately worth what people pay for it - and they will pay around $500 + while the RRP is at $699. even $550 Vs BigW $599 is still god value right!

If anyone wants to sell their FREE PS3, I would recommend steering clear of DTVforum to advertise it.

These forums are excessively price driven in commentary and people try to pay as little as possible. The facts are these.

Sony gives the retailers around 6% margin on the consoles - If you notice no one has really advertised them below about $650 yet we all know 20% off a TV is done easily - Why not 20% off a PS3. Reason - It can not be done

$450 as quoted previously as a street price is Nonsense. Unless you get a sales drone who is an idiot and stuffs up, $450 will never happen.

BIGw/Kmart at $599 - yes it happenned but now they have stopped. Walk in now and try to get it at $599. You simply wont. It was a genuine loss leader to drag bums in for the Xmas sales.

Anyone wanting to sell should go to EBAY or the like where if you notice $550+ for a new unopened Australian unit is very common. I would suggest you will get close to $600. Simply put for some people who want a console, to pay $50-$80 more in a shop is a fair bit of money . If they can get your new unopened unit for $50-100 less than the best retail street price available they will jump at it.

The only way you will get less is if there is a price drop from Sony reducing the units RRP Value or a new bundle becomes available. But I dont see that happenning until at least March/April which is the next holiday season. The gaming industry goes into offers, bundles or price drops always around holiday times when they try to induce families and kids who will bust their parents chops for entertainment.

And as for likening prices to the US, forget it. We are not in the US so its no comparison. IF you want to save a few bucks and run the risk of no warranty, or getting caught with customs duty or the possibiliy of a DOA, then go for it - But is all that hassle and concern really worth about $100

If you are selling your console, don't listen to anyone here who offers less than $500, let alone ridiculous offers of $350 - $300. If anyone out there is prepared to take $350 - $300 then I will give you $50 more myself and sell it on ebay and make $100 off your lack or patience.

Liken it to ipods - the best you get an unopened ipod off EBAY is generally around 10% off retail - more is just not possible because of the demand vs cost structure of the product.

PS3 SELLERS - DON'T CUT YOURSELF SHORT.

A product is ultimately worth what people pay for it - and they will pay around $500 + while the RRP is at $699. even $550 Vs BigW $599 is still god value right!

+1

Anyone who thinks they can get a PS3 for $450 in a store is crazy.

If it were me I'd be listing it on ebay for $500.