Sign in to follow this  
monkey_boyau

Philips 47pfl9632d 47"

Hi,

thortt- Goodguys Caringbah.

Robbie- I bought a surge protector I think it does help a bit but not sure it completely rids the screen of it.

But all in all it really isnt a big deal, its just that if another screen might outperform the Philips anywhere, it could be here...

By the way, I bought the last one in stock, but they might have more stock by now.

Goodluck,

Joseph

Here is a review of this TV from the UK: http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/philips_47pfl9632d.htm

They gave it an overall rating of 91% which was the same as Sony X series.

Here is a review from CNET:

http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/lcd/0,239035307,339282194,00.htm

They gave it 7.8/10 and members gave it 9.5/10 overall.

I am able to get this TV for $3400 from a HN store in Adelaide. I told the salesman over the phone about the price of $3300 that people from this forum have paid and he informed me that the ticket price was $3899 but he could price match $3300 if I provided proof that it was from a local retailer, even though their cost price was $3339. I admitted that $3300 was an interstate price and that I could understand how prices are slightly higher here due to freight costs. I am still quite happy with that price though, especially once you factor in the free 32". If some one has done better in SA, please let me know as I may purchase this TV soon.

Edited by lanek

All

Just been to the GG in Cannington and saw this LCD on display and very impressed with it. Just wondering what is the best price forum members have paid for this LCD in Perth and from which store?

Also, if anyone has a receipt, it will be greatly appreciated if you can kindly email me a copy at ssschen@bigpond.com.

Hey, I bought a 47"PFL9632D today from Domayne Canberra. retail at $4299, i got it for $4210 with extra 4yrs warranty (total 7 yrs.) A bit disappointed seeing some ppl say they are getting them in melbourne and sydney for approx. $3400. Has anyone bought one in Canberra or has had a price anywhere in the ACT. Maybe they demand more here because we earn more here -appparently? Was considering the Sony XBR 46" but it was the bonus 32" that swayed me to Philips. Im buying a PS3 as well anyway. Both displays are excellent along with the Samsung "F" 46" although it has an annoying blue on/off switch light at the centre bottom of the frame (not sure if you can turn it off?). The sony was good but I prefered the philips for motion viewing and i think it looks more aesthectically pleasing, especially with ambilight, which in these new models isnt just a gimmick.

Anyway let me know some prices ppl

Cheers

Glen

Hey, I bought a 47"PFL9632D today from Domayne Canberra. retail at $4299, i got it for $4210 with extra 4yrs warranty (total 7 yrs.) A bit disappointed seeing some ppl say they are getting them in melbourne and sydney for approx. $3400. Has anyone bought one in Canberra or has had a price anywhere in the ACT. Maybe they demand more here because we earn more here -appparently? Was considering the Sony XBR 46" but it was the bonus 32" that swayed me to Philips. Im buying a PS3 as well anyway. Both displays are excellent along with the Samsung "F" 46" although it has an annoying blue on/off switch light at the centre bottom of the frame (not sure if you can turn it off?). The sony was good but I prefered the philips for motion viewing and i think it looks more aesthectically pleasing, especially with ambilight, which in these new models isnt just a gimmick.

Anyway let me know some prices ppl

Cheers

Glen

Hi all:

Bought the Philips 47" on Thursday from Myer in Carinade, Brisbane. He quoted me $3800 as well but I said I have a price of $3300 with free delivery and HDMI cable. He matched it without much effort, which kinda made me a bit concerned (kinda too easy)

Anyway it arrived yesterday, but the delivery people had left the Myer invoice still on the side of the box. So now I know how much Myer bought it for.

Their Price is $3021 inc GST, which means they still made about 10% on the TV.

So I suggest to you guys to try and bargin to around the $3150 mark as that would be a good price.

Considering all that I still think I got a good deal as I paid using diners (points), myer one ($60 back), free deliver ($35), Free 1.5 metre HDMI cable ($89).

Will try and scan the myer invoice if anyone else needs it.

Edited by docbj

Hi all:

Bought the Philips 47" on Thursday from Myer in Carinade, Brisbane. He quoted me $3800 as well but I said I have a price of $3300 with free delivery and HDMI cable. He matched it without much effort, which kinda made me a bit concerned (kinda too easy)

Anyway it arrived yesterday, but the delivery people had left the Myer invoice still on the side of the box. So now I know how much Myer bought it for.

So I suggest to you guys to try and bargin to around the $3150 mark as that would be a good price.

Considering all that I still think I got a good deal as I paid using diners (points), myer one ($60 back), free deliver ($35), Free 1.5 metre HDMI cable ($89).

Hey

Would love a copy of the receipt, can you please email a copy to ssschen @ bigpond.com

Thanks.

Hi all:

Could you also send me a copy of your receipt to lchi46 AT yahoo DOT com

Thanks

Hi all:

Hey docbj

Ive been looking around melbourne for the best prices on this one and they dont seem to go under 3400, you got a sweet deal! How is the tv? happy with the purchase? I had trouble choosing between this and the Sony 46x though the free lcd is too tempting as i already got the ps3 a few months back.

Would love a copy of the receipt if its no trouble. My email is cun3yt@hotmail.com

Cheers

Hey docbj

Ive been looking around melbourne for the best prices on this one and they dont seem to go under 3400, you got a sweet deal! How is the tv? happy with the purchase? I had trouble choosing between this and the Sony 46x though the free lcd is too tempting as i already got the ps3 a few months back.

Would love a copy of the receipt if its no trouble. My email is cun3yt@hotmail.com

Cheers

Hello Docbj,

Where in Melb. can you get it for $3,400?

Best I got was $3,600.

Hello Docbj,

Where in Melb. can you get it for $3,400?

Best I got was $3,600.

Hello Jack,

Sorry, the query was meant for you.

Where in Melbourne were you quoted $3,400?

Thanks.

Hey Guys, I will scan the invoice and email it by monday. But will cross out my address. I suggest you all buy it from the biggest LCD buyer in Australia which as far as I know is still Myers.

Please send a copy of the invoice to me if you can or to the following address:

apswan@optusnet.com.au

greatly appreciate this.

cheers

Anthony

Hi all:

Hey Guys, I will scan the invoice and email it by monday. But will cross out my address. I suggest you all buy it from the biggest LCD buyer in Australia which as far as I know is still Myers.

docbj

great stuff, thanks very much mate. I can wait a couple of days, just went to HN this afternoon to have a look at it, Myer hardly had any Philips LCD on display for some reason.

Docbj

thanks heaps for this, greatly appreciated.

cheers

Hi docbj and all!!

I have only been looking for a new TV since last weekend. Started off looking for a plasma as hubby only watches movies and motor racing and was told plasma would be better for fast action. Back to the shops today (much cooler there) and was introduced to the Philips 47" by the GG salesman. Hubby and I :blush: both really like it and after finding your forum have definitely been convinced. Thanks to everyone for imput!!

Docbj, would also love a copy of invoice, as the price we got today was $3700, so it would give us a bit of bargaining power. Please send to admin@tabones.com

We are very new to digital TV, I am ashamed to tell you the last time I bought a TV, (to tell you the truth this is the first time I have been on a forum, wonderful things!!) Thanks to all for guiding me in the right direction.

Regards

Kate :wub:

Hi docbj

Love to get a copy of the invoice as well. Can you tell me whether you got additional warranty. robbyw.

Hi docbj

Love to get a copy of the invoice as well. Can you tell me whether you got additional warranty. robbyw.

No additional warranty needed as it has 3 year factory warranty. 2 extra years with Myers costs $300. That is how they rip you off. I think in 3 years time most of us are pretty happy to upgrade anyway.

Make sure you include your emails in your posts so I can sent you a copy of the invoice. Remember guys, you work hard for your money so just don't give it up easily. I set a new bench mark, so hopefully you guys and ladies can use my experience and get even better price. Make sure you don't mention to the dealers about the 32" as you may loose your bargaining chip a bit.

Good luck

bj

No additional warranty needed as it has 3 year factory warranty. 2 extra years with Myers costs $300. That is how they rip you off. I think in 3 years time most of us are pretty happy to upgrade anyway.

Make sure you include your emails in your posts so I can sent you a copy of the invoice. Remember guys, you work hard for your money so just don't give it up easily. I set a new bench mark, so hopefully you guys and ladies can use my experience and get even better price. Make sure you don't mention to the dealers about the 32" as you may loose your bargaining chip a bit.

Good luck

bj

Thanks docbj, my email address is robertfswong@optusnet.com.au

Hi docbj,

I would like to get a copy of the receipts as well if there is no too much trouble.

Please send to sylvester_law AT hotmail.com.

Thanks.

Syl

My parents bought one of these back on the 6th of December for $3850, they were happy enough with the price at the time, but are a bit pissed off now knowing that if they had bought it 8 days later they could have got the free 32 inch as well! oh well, I am guessing they are not the first and won't bet the last that this type of thing happen to.

Hey

Would also like a copy of the receipt please. May you send me a copy to keone_73@hotmail.com

Thanks

Hi all:

Hi i wonder if you would be able email me the copy of the ivnoice too? I would be much appreciated as i am looking to buy one. justinpaulbauer@yahoo.com.au

cheers Justin

Edited by JPB928

Hi all:

Hey docbj,

could you also please email me a copy of the receipt to khanbubba@hotmail.com

Thanks champ.

Hey docbj,

could you also please email me a copy of the receipt to khanbubba@hotmail.com

Thanks champ.

Hi everyone:

Have sent a copy of the invoice to you all who had put down their email. If anyone else requests it from now on, could someone else pass it on.

I think we should open a new topic on how to hang the 47" on the wall or what kinda entertainment units best fits this sexy TV.

Thanks and good luck with your purchases.

bj