Philips 47pfl9632d 47"

Guest monkey_boyau

This thread has become quiet all of a sudden. Are many of us still waiting for the delivery of our lcds?

I had called up Myer today and have been told that my delivery is now pushed off to 25th Feb. Having said that, they said they couldnt guarantee it since its upto Philips to get the stocks delivered into Myer's warehouse.

I am thinking of either

a] asking for a refund and purchasing the Samsung F8.

b] get a refund and wait another couple of months on the next models expected later this year.

After following the Samsung F8 thread, I am getting quite tempted to jump ships. Is it just me or are there anyone else feeling the same. Mind you, many people have mentioned reliability issues with the Sammys though.

Hope to hear from you folks soon. Keep the thread alive ... this is the show I watch nowadays while I wait on my Philips LCD B)

Its a bummer waiting Reynold, I got a phone call saying it was going to be 2-3 weeks :angry: away then I get another phone the next day to say it was in. :D :D

I did the same but the other way, originally I had purchased the Sammy F8 then 3 days later I changed it for the Philips. Couldn't be happier. The Samsung thread really is a depressing read and still people are getting there sets on to have them on for an hr and then die.

Good luck on your decision.

Cheers

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on mine from Myer's - looking like next week also, but got such a good deal and the free TV makes it a great deal.

Might see what sort of deal I can get this weekend at GG and HN to see if worth cancelling at Myers if the others have stock.

I'd imagine if you cancel the Myer order and buy else where then you wouldn't qualify for the free LCD as the purchase date would then be after 31st of January. I've thought of doing the same but am also trapped.

It is frustrating how Philips are continually changing the ETA. I don't mind waiting as I know there is a shortage nation wide on many TVs but I'd prefer to not be expecting the TV on a certain day and then repeatedly be disappointed when I find out I'll have to wait another 2 weeks. I'd prefer it if they just provided one definite delivery date, even if it was longer term.

Hopefully Philips honour the free LCD offer to those of us who may get the TV delivered after the Feb 29th as it stipulates on the redemption form that it needs to be received by Philips before the end of the promotional period which we know was unofficially extended to 29/2/08. As many other people have done, I posted my form last weekend with a note saying I'd provide the serial number and barcode when the TV arrives. Since the form is incomplete, I wonder if it will be accepted as being received within the promotional period?

I'm going to contact Philips tomorrow to check all of these possibilities. Surely they would still honour the deal, otherwise there could be a mass exodus of people canceling their orders.

I'd imagine if you cancel the Myer order and buy else where then you wouldn't qualify for the free LCD as the purchase date would then be after 31st of January. I've thought of doing the same but am also trapped.

It is frustrating how Philips are continually changing the ETA. I don't mind waiting as I know there is a shortage nation wide on many TVs but I'd prefer to not be expecting the TV on a certain day and then repeatedly be disappointed when I find out I'll have to wait another 2 weeks. I'd prefer it if they just provided one definite delivery date, even if it was longer term.

Hopefully Philips honour the free LCD offer to those of us who may get the TV delivered after the Feb 29th as it stipulates on the redemption form that it needs to be received by Philips before the end of the promotional period which we know was unofficially extended to 29/2/08. As many other people have done, I posted my form last weekend with a note saying I'd provide the serial number and barcode when the TV arrives. Since the form is incomplete, I wonder if it will be accepted as being received within the promotional period?

I'm going to contact Philips tomorrow to check all of these possibilities. Surely they would still honour the deal, otherwise there could be a mass exodus of people canceling their orders.

Lanek, I would call Philips and ask what the story is now as you have done everything in your power but they haven't been able to stock the stores with enough supplies.

I rang Philips beore the extension from the 15th to the 29th was done, found them very helpful.

Also, when I sent my serial and paperwork in I asked if I could get an email to confirm all paperwork was received. Well I got a phone call the next day instead and also told it may be 6-8 weeks because they had thousands and thousands of free TV's to fill.

Yeah looks like there should be no problems Bosman. The person I spoke to thinks that as long as my form is received by them before the 29th then I should be able to claim the free LCD even if the 47" LCD arrives in early March.

Lanek,

Who was the person you spoke to at Phillips? Was told delivery was in mid Feb, then pushed to this week, now told next week. :wacko:

I guess no one has received their Lcd's yet, going by the lack of talk on here. Time is running out to meet the deadline of 29 Feb set by Philips. Hope we still can claim the free Tv after the friday.

I have been told by Myer that even though the delivery has been delayed, possibly until early March, Philips will be honouring the redemptions. I would make sure you get your form in (without the bar code) well before then though.

I was getting a bit nervous that I hadn't received my tv yet and thus not being able to send in the serial number to claim the free tv. I just got off the phone from Philips after being informed that they hadn't received my redemption form that was sent registered mail.

The person I spoke to at Philips said I could just fax in another redemption form before the 29th to claim the tv - he didn't sound too sure of this and wasn't able to put anything in writing. Based on that, I think I will be cancelling my order.

I have been told by Myer that even though the delivery has been delayed, possibly until early March, Philips will be honouring the redemptions. I would make sure you get your form in (without the bar code) well before then though.

Let's hope so.

Called back philips after a missed call from the redemptions line asking about the serial number (had sent in form without serial number info)

Was told that the delay in delivery is not my fault, and that they will look after people that had purchased in the redemption period (do not know if that means had already sent in a form) Was advised to send in the serial number as soon as recive either by email of photo or fax of cutout of serial number.

Was also told that there are still some TV's on backorder that will be delivered in early March (probably mine)

if you people don't mind what are some of the prices you are paying for these screens

thanks jamie

I suggest the best thing to do is go back through this topic and also look at a link from off the main page somewhere that has the best prices for all LCD and Plasma TV's. I don't have time to look the link up for you I'm afraid.

From memory, the best price for one of these 47" LCDs was about $3100, which appeared to be below cost price for some stores, but that may have changed by now.

I suggest the best thing to do is go back through this topic and also look at a link from off the main page somewhere that has the best prices for all LCD and Plasma TV's. I don't have time to look the link up for you I'm afraid.

From memory, the best price for one of these 47" LCDs was about $3100, which appeared to be below cost price for some stores, but that may have changed by now.

Jamie

I paid just under $3100 in Perth a month ago whilst the promotion was still on. Considering the promo has ended, I imagine prices should drop at least a few hundred dollars? I am not sure how much people are being quoted for this screen atm, but I will expect it to be below $3k now?

thanks sschen as per usual in tassie they want top dollar here $3800 is best i have been qouted here

if you happen to have scanned copy of your receipt you can send me gives bit of barganing power

I've used a receipt from Perth (I think it was from you sschen) here in Adelaide - and despite numerous conversations, with a whole bunch of people (including merchandise manager, and store manager) I have not been able to get that price. I've been told that anything under 3100 is under cost-price, but I realise this is a standard line... Still, under 3100 seems very difficult here. The best they could do here is $3359 (including delivery, and $60 Myer vouchers), which is actually not such a bad price.

any good price will do just give ammo to say this is what others are paying and you are over priced

thanks jamie

Done. I forwarded you a copy of docbj's receipt that was sent to me in early Jan.

I found that I didn’t need any receipts when negotiating a price and that most salesmen believed me when I informed them that one of their local competitors could sell it for $x amount. However, in your case it sounds like a receipt may help.