Philips 47pfl9632d 47"

Guest monkey_boyau

Thanks Butcher ( and BJ ) for forwarding a copy of the Myer invoice.

Can I verify that this invoice is from the Melbourne city store please, and that the sales persons name was Kris?

Reason I ask is because I have just returned from the Bondi Myer where they were happy to match $3300 inc delivery, but when it came to the free HDMI cable they wanted to check with Melbourne.

They claimed that when they called Melb store there was nobody named Kris with a member number 58179 (as shown on the invoice)

Cheers

Rowd

Rowd - I purchased from Myer Melbourne yesterday and they were happy to match the $3300 (inc. delivery) price for BJ (I think his invoice was originally from a Qld store? - definitely not Melbourne) but no they wouldn't throw in any cables, which wasn't really a drama for me. An assistant called John looked after me there. He gave me a discount on the 2 yr warranty extension (from standard 3 years to 5 years) which I purchased for $350 (instead of $430 or something).

Sorry if I missed anyone who wanted receipts emailed today but I've been working but I can forward them now...

By the way, I have had a close look at the online specs and the 47" panel seems to me to be the same as the 42" Aurea and therefore must get the same rating for PQ as the Aurea has been getting - i.e. excellent reviews. Looking forward to it. Mine was on back-order, available on the 18th January. I understand the last of the Myer LCD's that were on back-order was purchased yesterday.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowd - I purchased from Myer Melbourne yesterday and they were happy to match the $3300 (inc. delivery) price for BJ (I think his invoice was originally from a Qld store? - definitely not Melbourne) but no they wouldn't throw in any cables, which wasn't really a drama for me. An assistant called John looked after me there. He gave me a discount on the 2 yr warranty extension (from standard 3 years to 5 years) which I purchased for $350 (instead of $430 or something).

Sorry if I missed anyone who wanted receipts emailed today but I've been working but I can forward them now...

By the way, I have had a close look at the online specs and the 47" panel seems to me to be the same as the 42" Aurea and therefore must get the same rating for PQ as the Aurea has been getting - i.e. excellent reviews. Looking forward to it. Mine was on back-order, available on the 18th January. I understand the last of the Myer LCD's that were on back-order was purchased yesterday.

John from Myer Melbourne gave me the same deal too. So far he is the only one in Melbourne who is willing to give this deal. So if any one in Melbourne wants a good deal, John is the man.

Just went n looked at the Philips 47" today in Myers Perth, stated on the price tag was the free 32" LCD by redemption from Philips but it also notes that postage/delivery not included. I imagine that postage/delivery from wherever Philips is could amount to quite abit if it had to come from say the eastern states or vice versa for the eastern states ppl.

Anyone got their free 32" yet and kno wot the deal is with the postage?

Butcher

Kris gave me a price of $299 for the same 2 year warranty and I didn't take it. In hindside I probably should have. ODD that warranties are all different at different MYer stores. Have to look into that. Going to go on Sunday and have a chat with him. Maybe I can get a discount on that too. :rolleyes: you never know. I hope people who have bought from MYER got their MYER one card, so they can get some credit vouchers in a couple of months, which can probably go towards a wall mount for the 32".

I think Philips will post the 32" for free as otherwise it would be too difficult to ask people for more money for postage.

Hi guys,

After visiting HN in Osborne Park today im very glad I did a quick search for info on this LCD. They told me 3900 was the best they could do and that after the sale period they would go back up to reccomended retail. If someone doesnt mind I would appreciate it if I could get a copy of any receipt around the 3300 mark sent to tallen99@hotmail.com.

Thanks for all the info too, feel much better about purchasing the tv now!

Hi there,

Thank you to all those that contribute to this forum. Once I had informed myself about the best prices I was able to negotiate the Philips 47PFL9632d for $3300 + $150 for additional 4 years warranty from HN Auburn, including delivery. Not bad at all!

I'm happy to email my receipt to anyone that needs it.

Would be great to get some tips on the settings, etc if anyone has them.

Thanks again.

Sara

Hi there,

Thank you to all those that contribute to this forum. Once I had informed myself about the best prices I was able to negotiate the Philips 47PFL9632d for $3300 + $150 for additional 4 years warranty from HN Auburn, including delivery. Not bad at all!

I'm happy to email my receipt to anyone that needs it.

Would be great to get some tips on the settings, etc if anyone has them.

Thanks again.

Sara

Hey Soraya,

could you please email copy of your receipt to khanbubba@hotmail.com

i may go to the auburn store and purchase from there. Do you know if they had many in stock?

Hey Soraya,

could you please email copy of your receipt to khanbubba@hotmail.com

i may go to the auburn store and purchase from there. Do you know if they had many in stock?

Hey peoples,

Just went and looked at TVs in HN and really liked the Philips, but they were charging 3988.

Can someone please send me the receipt so I can try and at least get down to the 3500 mark? My email is: leighton.carr@gmail.com (leighton <dot> carr <at> gmail <dot> com)

Also, is there anyone in Brisbane that has gotten a good deal? Can you suggest a store?

Would really appreciate the help! :)

Thanks,

Leighton.

Butcher

Kris gave me a price of $299 for the same 2 year warranty and I didn't take it. In hindside I probably should have. ODD that warranties are all different at different MYer stores. Have to look into that. Going to go on Sunday and have a chat with him. Maybe I can get a discount on that too. :rolleyes: you never know. I hope people who have bought from MYER got their MYER one card, so they can get some credit vouchers in a couple of months, which can probably go towards a wall mount for the 32".

I think Philips will post the 32" for free as otherwise it would be too difficult to ask people for more money for postage.

BJ, I checked with my insurance co and TVs are convered under the accidental cover in the contents insurance anyway. I had initially paid $350 for the extra 2 years, but then cancelled it as I had 2nd thoughts about paying that much for just 2 extra years. DOn't know why Myers charge a lot more than other places.

BJ, I checked with my insurance co and TVs are convered under the accidental cover in the contents insurance anyway. I had initially paid $350 for the extra 2 years, but then cancelled it as I had 2nd thoughts about paying that much for just 2 extra years. DOn't know why Myers charge a lot more than other places.

Rob

I think you are right. I don't think it is worth spending $300 on 2 years of warranty. I think I am better off spending that money on a wall mount for the 32" <_< . The TV is already covered under accidental damage in my home and content insurance.

Have you set yours up yet? I have a very small issue with mine. Probably in settings, but it keeps flicking from widescreen to smaller screen. Any ideas???

Guest opticnerv
Receipts sent to snoozi and opticnerv B)

Thanks Butcher,

Dont know if its any help to anyone in melb, but if myer won't discount stock after the 18th. I was quoted $3699 over the phone from the GG's Thomastown (even offered 24 months interest free) they said they had stock and I'm sure you could do better in person with BJ's receipt. With regards to the 2 year warranty extension HN Nunawading quoted $236, so myer may be picking up a little there . You would have to compare the policies, if you were going down that path.

Have you set yours up yet? I have a very small issue with mine. Probably in settings, but it keeps flicking from widescreen to smaller screen. Any ideas???

BJ

Thanks for your contribution, re price on this set. I purchased one on Monday, last one in stock in the store, delivered the next day. I would never have had the balls to go into shops and make an offer so much lower than the retail ticket price if I hadn't known what other people were paying. I found no receipt was necessary for price matching in stores, or perhaps I was just lucky, I don't think I'm a very persuasive person or skilled in negotiation.

I am so far quite happy with PQ for FTA television and DVDs, though I haven't yet decided to enter the HD disc player market. Unfortunately this satisfaction was soured somewhat with a couple of problems. Out of the box the speakers on the television emitted a buzzing sound, even when turned down to 0. The Philips customer support said they were aware of this problem and the software update via USB fixed this. The software on the set before upgrade was Q581E-0.64.14.6, dated 5 October 2007. The other problem is a faulty remote receiver within the television, so the remote control will not operate unless directly in line and on level with the receiver on tv. I will be getting a new set when new stock arrives in Feb and have been assured I will still qualify with LCD promotion but I should try and get this in writing I guess from the Philips rep.

In regards to your display switching from widescreen to another format, try the Picture Format button, change the selection from Auto Format to Widescreen. Also it is suggested to select Unscaled for HD discs or when connected to a PC.

Regards

Guys

Can someone please confirm how many years warranty this LCD comes with? I just spoke to a sales guy at Myer and he is adamant this TV only comes with one year warranty. He said he confirmed with Philips just a few days about warranty as one of his customers recently bought this TV and wanted an extension on the warranty.

Is there anywhere on the Philips website that states the warranty for this LCD?

Thanks

Hi all,

Ordered one from Myer in Geelong on Thursday, sales assiatant (Nanthan) didin't really sqirm at $3300 delivered and his first offer was $3275 delivered without cable. I ended up talking him down to $3250 without cable, delivered. This was the second last backorded unit due in their warehouse on the 18/1 should see it by the 23rd at the latest. Mario from Philips assured me as long as it was paid for by the 31st Jan and he recieved the forms by the 15th Feb all was cool for the free 32"

Thanks all for you emails and Help JB :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Ordered one from Myer in Geelong on Thursday, sales assiatant (Nanthan) didin't really sqirm at $3300 delivered and his first offer was $3275 delivered without cable. I ended up talking him down to $3250 without cable, delivered. This was the second last backorded unit due in their warehouse on the 18/1 should see it by the 23rd at the latest. Mario from Philips assured me as long as it was paid for by the 31st Jan and he recieved the forms by the 15th Feb all was cool for the free 32"

Hi there

Did you ask about warranty on this TV?

Hi all,

Anyone in QLD know where to get this kind of price? I'm getting like $3600 from GG. Or is it possible to order it interstate you think?

Hi there

Did you ask about warranty on this TV?

I checked with Philips the other day re warranty and it is definitely 3 years (Since 1 Oct 07). If you send them an email, they will send a document for your records confirming the 3 yr warranty.

Guys

BJ sent me a PDF document from Philips that shows that LCD TV purchased after Oct 1 2007 are covered by 3 years warranty so I have printed it out to keep with the TV for warranty purposes. FYI, I bought the TV from Myer Garden City in Perth at $3100. They did not even have the TV on the floor for display. I called asking for a price quoting BJ best price of $3300 and the sales rep were happy to do it for me at $3100. At the time, the sales rep was adamant the TV only comes with 1 year warranty though as he claimed he had contacted Philips only a week ago and was advised by Philips that it only comes with 1 year warranty. But the document from BJ suggests otherwise.

He said they cannot budge on the pricing for the extended warranty though, so at the time I bought the 3 years warranty cover based on the premise that the TV only comes with 1 year warranty. Apparently the extended warranty can only be purchased at point of sale? 3 years cover is $315 but the best he can do it $289. He confirmed that the extended warranty can be cancelled within 30 days so I guess I will have to make another trip to Myer to cancel it. I might give Philips another call tomorrow to confirm before doing so. They have 2 in stock in their Perth Kewdale warehouse so there should be 1 left for anyone that is interested.

All up, the sales rep put through two separate transactions. He does it in a funny way though. He said he has to charge the full $315 for the 3 years product cover. So on the first transaction, he charged me $3074 ($3100+$289-$315), and the full $315 on the 2nd transaction for the 3 years product cover. I paid for the whole lot using AMEX and my wife's Myer One card too. I forgot to mention that I got him to throw in a $89.95 HDMI cable too for free and delivery is also included in the price.

Only "problem" I have now is I really would have liked to extend the warranty by an additional two years so that the TV has 5 years of warranty cover. Their price for a 5 years (3+2) warranty cover is a crazy $449 and he is quite adamant he can't move much on the warranty pricing. I don't think this is worthwhile, what do you guys think?

Do you guys think if it is possible to go to another retailer such as HN, GG or JB, and tell them I just want to buy 2 years extended warranty for a LCD TV I just bought elsewhere? Appreciate your feedback, cheers.

Edited by sschen

Hi robbyw,

Well done on your price, I too have been shopping around in melb and it seems more expensive than other states. If you have a or any of the receipts quoted on the forum would you please forward a copy to stephen_gist@bigpond.com.

Thanks in advance.

Melb HN Knox have given a price of $3550 but would be very interested in a copy of a Vic receipt for $3300 to get this better deal as he wouldn't come any lower. Could someone please email to yekop@hotail.com

Thanks to everyone on this forum and especially Soraya for all their feedback on price. With the help of Soraya's invoice i managed to get an identical deal of $3,300 for the tv $150 for 4 years additional warranty.

I first tried all the shops in Wollongong (NSW) area but no one could even get close to Soraya's price even after showing them the receipt and they said to go to HN Auburn. On my way to HN i decided to stop in at Domayne Auburn. Spoke with the manager there Rachel. After calling around HN to confirm the price they agreed to match the price on Soraya's receipt. I was happy to take it considering the best i was getting in Wollongong was $4,000 with 4 years extra warranty.

I would be happy to pass on my invoice if anyone wants it. Also, have no probs recommending Rachel at Domayne who was very friendly, knew her stuff and great to deal with.

Edit: Mistyped the tv price

Edited by mikdude

Guys

BJ sent me a PDF document from Philips that shows that LCD TV purchased after Oct 1 2007 are covered by 3 years warranty so I have printed it out to keep with the TV for warranty purposes. FYI, I bought the TV from Myer Garden City in Perth at $3100. They did not even have the TV on the floor for display. I called asking for a price quoting BJ best price of $3300 and the sales rep were happy to do it for me at $3100. At the time, the sales rep was adamant the TV only comes with 1 year warranty though as he claimed he had contacted Philips only a week ago and was advised by Philips that it only comes with 1 year warranty. But the document from BJ suggests otherwise.

He said they cannot budge on the pricing for the extended warranty though, so at the time I bought the 3 years warranty cover based on the premise that the TV only comes with 1 year warranty. Apparently the extended warranty can only be purchased at point of sale? 3 years cover is $315 but the best he can do it $289. He confirmed that the extended warranty can be cancelled within 30 days so I guess I will have to make another trip to Myer to cancel it. I might give Philips another call tomorrow to confirm before doing so. They have 2 in stock in their Perth Kewdale warehouse so there should be 1 left for anyone that is interested.

All up, the sales rep put through two separate transactions. He does it in a funny way though. He said he has to charge the full $315 for the 3 years product cover. So on the first transaction, he charged me $3074 ($3100+$289-$315), and the full $315 on the 2nd transaction for the 3 years product cover. I paid for the whole lot using AMEX and my wife's Myer One card too. I forgot to mention that I got him to throw in a $89.95 HDMI cable too for free and delivery is also included in the price.

Only "problem" I have now is I really would have liked to extend the warranty by an additional two years so that the TV has 5 years of warranty cover. Their price for a 5 years (3+2) warranty cover is a crazy $449 and he is quite adamant he can't move much on the warranty pricing. I don't think this is worthwhile, what do you guys think?

Do you guys think if it is possible to go to another retailer such as HN, GG or JB, and tell them I just want to buy 2 years extended warranty for a LCD TV I just bought elsewhere? Appreciate your feedback, cheers.

Keep the warranty you have. This should extend the total warranty cover for your tv to 6 years (3 years from philips and 3 from Myer). I don't think other retailers would be willing to sell warranty on a product they didn't sell you.