Sign in to follow this  
nova

Pioneer Kuro Prices From Recce On Boxing Day

Don't forget it could also be worth $3000 in 2 years and that would in effect make the TV cost $9000.

Probably not with the amount of big U being dug up in WA :D

Probably not with the amount of big U being dug up in WA :D

Western Australia are going through a real boom aren't they.

Thing's will slow down but there is money to be made if you invest in the right stuff.

Hello.

I am not game to put money into shares.

What I prefer to do and it works for me is get the interest free period, divide the cost of the goods over the time period and make that payment each month so at least at the end of the term, the goods have been paid off.

David Jones are advertising four years interest free, but I believe their TV is quite expensive ie full advertised price.

What I was hoping, and it has not happened yet, was for someone who has bought the TV for the $5000 - $5500 could send me a copy of their receipt to show what they paid for the TV. Then I was going to walk into DJ's and say, "Hey, I see you are selling your TV for $7000. What is your policy on price matching and would you match this price". I would then show them the receipt and see what happens. If they are good to their word on never being beaten on price then they may say yes. Then I would ask if I still qualify for the interest free period as it is an in house offer not through a finance company. If they are game and say yes then I will make the purchase. I do not want to put $7000 on interest free because that makes the TV very expensive for its size based on what people are getting elsewhere.

It may seem like nit picking, but to add another $1600 for the priviledge of interest free just does not appeal to me and seems wrong.

I am sure DJ's will match the price, but without a firm quote or something tangible to show them, I think I do not stand a chance. Hence the need for proof in the form of a receipt.

The only person who has been able to send me a receipt was for the stuff up price of $4650. I think DJ's will laugh me out of the building if I show them that. I do think $5000 to $5500 would seem a more reasonable request for them.

Alan

Hi Guys,

The company I work for buys 20 LX508 screens at a time to give away to clients. I can get hold of a few at $5450 if anyone is interested as we have some left over from this year that we did not give away. Obviously this is a cash price as I cannot do finance or credit cards etc. I can get them delivered and installed for free as long as there is a Pioneer agent in your area. These are brand new TV's and will come straight from Pioneer to you so you get all the normal warranty etc as if you purchased it from any of the retailers.

adampaulseabrook@hotmail.com if you want to know more.

Adam

Edited by adamseabrook

Hello.

I am not game to put money into shares.

What I prefer to do and it works for me is get the interest free period, divide the cost of the goods over the time period and make that payment each month so at least at the end of the term, the goods have been paid off.

David Jones are advertising four years interest free, but I believe their TV is quite expensive ie full advertised price.

What I was hoping, and it has not happened yet, was for someone who has bought the TV for the $5000 - $5500 could send me a copy of their receipt to show what they paid for the TV. Then I was going to walk into DJ's and say, "Hey, I see you are selling your TV for $7000. What is your policy on price matching and would you match this price". I would then show them the receipt and see what happens. If they are good to their word on never being beaten on price then they may say yes. Then I would ask if I still qualify for the interest free period as it is an in house offer not through a finance company. If they are game and say yes then I will make the purchase. I do not want to put $7000 on interest free because that makes the TV very expensive for its size based on what people are getting elsewhere.

It may seem like nit picking, but to add another $1600 for the priviledge of interest free just does not appeal to me and seems wrong.

I am sure DJ's will match the price, but without a firm quote or something tangible to show them, I think I do not stand a chance. Hence the need for proof in the form of a receipt.

The only person who has been able to send me a receipt was for the stuff up price of $4650. I think DJ's will laugh me out of the building if I show them that. I do think $5000 to $5500 would seem a more reasonable request for them.

Alan

If I was you I wouldn't ask if I still qualify for the interest free as they will most likely say no.

If they price match then say great I'll take it on interest free.

If they say no ask why not and ask to see there price match policy and see if there are any condition's attached to it.

Edited by chrissyoscar

If I was you I wouldn't ask if I still qualify for the interest free as they will most likely say no.

If they price match then say great I'll take it on interest free.

If they say no ask why not and ask to see there price match policy and see if there are any condition's attached to it.

Great advice.

I will certainly do that.

But not wanting to sound like a cracked record, I cannot ask them to price match based on me saying HN here and there will do it for x amount. I do need a solid quote or receipt to use as my bargaining tool.

I cannot ring HN in Victoria, ACT etc and ask them what their price is. I feel that DJ's will not go for that. However, if I can show them something it really will be useful for bargaining.

Do others agree with this or does it just sound wrong?

Alan

Great advice.

I will certainly do that.

But not wanting to sound like a cracked record, I cannot ask them to price match based on me saying HN here and there will do it for x amount. I do need a solid quote or receipt to use as my bargaining tool.

I cannot ring HN in Victoria, ACT etc and ask them what their price is. I feel that DJ's will not go for that. However, if I can show them something it really will be useful for bargaining.

Do others agree with this or does it just sound wrong?

Alan

Hopefully somebody will help with a receipt.

With price's being quoted so low I would assume there'll be a receipt or two doing the round's soon enough.

Alan - no offense, but you are starting to sound like a cracked record - almost everyone here who negotiated did it without someone elses receipt. I have said to you many times, Harvey Norman Knox city has a fixed price ticket of $5999 - if your buying it on finance - then you will not get the best possible price- cause its not cash/credit. But you should still get them to match the digital centre's $5999 - $350 redemption price. So worst you can do is $5649! for the sake of $200 - just go for it. If you want better than $5600 - i guess you will have to keep shopping around until you find the price drop or have an assist who doesnt know what they are doing.

they can just go onto the digitalcentre.com.au site at HN and confirm it - so they wont have to call. HN is the same Australia-wide. So just your mate in melbourne bought it for $5450 cash - and digital centre have it for $5649 on finance - so you want it BETWEEN this price.

best of luck

Edited by aussiebalboa

My problem is that I do not have the cash to pay for it up front.

That is why I was hoping someone would send me a copy of their receipt so that I could at least use that as possible bargaining power.

I would be happy to pay a little more for interest free finance, but for them to stand their ground and not budge is just too much.

I appreciate that they probably do have fees and charges incurred, but why run a promotion for interest free, knowing that as a retailer you have to pay the relevant fees etc. I know that in the small print it says ticket or advertised price, so that covers their backs, but really, to be able to offer $5000 - $5500 for cash, and to say $6999 for finance. A bit of a joke.

Alan

I was back in HN today and got the story from the salesperson regarding the $5000 sales and why it's now ticketed at $6999. Ostensibly, Pioneer had a limited supply to sell at a good price for those stores who had the Pioneer Kuro display stands, which not all stores have. Once these sold out, they're back to selling them at $6999. So the three who bought those at around $5K were very lucky indeed. I asked the salesperson what the best price now was for cash, and the reply was about $6699, but I'm sure they can go lower than that, especially for cash. I'm wondering why Pioneer would do such a thing; to generate buzz perhaps? To get people to go into stores? Obviously the group buy people can rest a little easier now that it's not so drastically cheap for the majority.

Alan - no offense, but you are starting to sound like a cracked record - almost everyone here who negotiated did it without someone elses receipt. I have said to you many times, Harvey Norman Knox city has a fixed price ticket of $5999 - if your buying it on finance - then you will not get the best possible price- cause its not cash/credit. But you should still get them to match the digital centre's $5999 - $350 redemption price. So worst you can do is $5649! for the sake of $200 - just go for it. If you want better than $5600 - i guess you will have to keep shopping around until you find the price drop or have an assist who doesnt know what they are doing.

they can just go onto the digitalcentre.com.au site at HN and confirm it - so they wont have to call. HN is the same Australia-wide. So just your mate in melbourne bought it for $5450 cash - and digital centre have it for $5649 on finance - so you want it BETWEEN this price.

best of luck

Has anyone actually purchased it from digitalcentre.com.au? So they have stock?

not aware of anyone having stock after boxing day, most stores ive enquired with basically said pay, goes on order and pioneer call with a delivery date/time within a week.

hope this helps

dan

Harvey Norman is not the same Australia wide. They are a franchise. Hence the branch at Alexandria saying ticket price of $6999 and the one at Moore Park, Sydney saying $6677. If they were all the same it would be so much easier to just walk in and say one branch is doing it for this price. The salesman just do are not interested.

Also it appears that the only reason Alexandria branch sold theirs so cheaply is they say they had a few which they could do that with, but now do not have room to move hence price hike, whilst everyone else is able to get a big price difference, which even based on a cash sale is impressive.

But I hear what you are saying about the digitalcentre price. I will certainly print off their advert and take that in and see what i can get.

Generally I am pretty good at negotiating a price. But each time the salesman has willing came forward and said ticket price is say $6000. I can do it for $5500. But this time they are just not budging. Hence when they have a sign saying "will not be beaten on price" then for me just to walk in and say my mate in Melbourne got his for $5450 just will not work. Need proof.

But if I do get the TV and it works out I will certainly post it here.

Alan

best of luck

I was back in HN today and got the story from the salesperson regarding the $5000 sales and why it's now ticketed at $6999. Ostensibly, Pioneer had a limited supply to sell at a good price for those stores who had the Pioneer Kuro display stands, which not all stores have. Once these sold out, they're back to selling them at $6999. So the three who bought those at around $5K were very lucky indeed. I asked the salesperson what the best price now was for cash, and the reply was about $6699, but I'm sure they can go lower than that, especially for cash. I'm wondering why Pioneer would do such a thing; to generate buzz perhaps? To get people to go into stores? Obviously the group buy people can rest a little easier now that it's not so drastically cheap for the majority.

Phew!!

the way things were going I was ready to put on my clown suit for a performance of "Riddi Pagliacco...!"

Harvey Norman is not the same Australia wide. They are a franchise. Hence the branch at Alexandria saying ticket price of $6999 and the one at Moore Park, Sydney saying $6677. If they were all the same it would be so much easier to just walk in and say one branch is doing it for this price. The salesman just do are not interested ...

All the HNs in Melbourne that I've been (Knox, Dandenong, Nunawading, Chadstone) have different price tags for the Pioneers. But the sales people will listen to what's been offered and check whether the price could be matched or beaten.

I bought the LX508A from HN Chadstone in the morning.

I told the sales person that I would mention him to my friends.

His name is Michael and he has been very pleasant and patient to deal with.

Overall, it was very good to deal with HN Knox, Chadstone, Nunawading and Dandenong in my "journey".

About a month ago, when I decided that the Pioneer was the one to buy, my "willing to pay" price was $5500.

I'm glad I don't have to wait long to exceed my objective.

Thanks to everyone who posted in the "HDTVs & HD Capable Displays" forum.

I called the Digital Centre in St Albans regarding the 508 XDA and was quoted $3985 IF YOU TAKE UP THE FINANCE OPTION. I'm was told the finance was at about 10% p.a. - but I didn't check this. Otherwise cash is $300 more.

For those who need finance this could suit you

Hello.

If my experience in David Jones is anything to go by, get yourself a copy of someones receipt who has paid a decent price, and go in and they will at least try and price match.

So someone who has paid in the $5000 to $5500 region has the TV at what seems a huge discount based on the stores saying it is $7999.

But DJ's will at least consider matching if they can contact a shop and ask them what they are selling for or as long as the price is not unreasonable. They certainly were willing to drop to $5999 based on Digital Centre and USL's price, and do 4 years interest free.

In terms of DJ's pricing that is a drop of $1101 from $7100 (their sale price).

If you have cash then you probably stand a better chance of getting a good price at one of the other stores like HN, Bing Lee etc.

Alan

OZBOYZ

So DJs are willing to negotiate on price even on interest Free Plans? I will pay cash for the Kuro if i have to but if i can get a decent deal on interest free and only have to pay a couple or few Hundred more then that would be alright..

A friend of mine just picked up the Pioneer 60" Kuro for $8200. Just have to find out where from in Adelaide. The 60" will be below $8k before soon.

Hey Spero D, have any more details been gathered from your friend? Would be very interested to find out where he got such a good price and if possible could you get your hands on a copy of his receipt. It appears that 99% of best prices people are quoting here are for 50". I'm looking at buying 60" in next week or two and would really like some hard copies of anyones best price. Thx

Hi Guys,

I can get hold of the following screens at these prices. Payment via PayPal (you can use credit cards on Paypal) or cash if you are in Sydney. We have a bulk buy price from a local retailer so I am happy to pass it on to help you guys who are not hard core negotiators out :)

Pioneer KURO PDP-428XDA = $3929.00

Pioneer KURO PDP-508XDA = $4189.00

Pioneer KURO LX-508 = $5290.00

Pioneer KURO LX-608 = $10,029.00

I am in the process of trying to work the LX-608 price down further so will update later today. If you are interested in purchasing email adam@totallyorganic.biz

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Guys,

I can get hold of the following screens at these prices. Payment via PayPal (you can use credit cards on Paypal) or cash if you are in Sydney. We have a bulk buy price from a local retailer so I am happy to pass it on to help you guys who are not hard core negotiators out :)

I am in the process of trying to work the LX-608 price down further so will update later today. If you are interested in purchasing email adam@totallyorganic.biz

Cheers,

Adam

Yeah, the LX-608 still has a good 20% to drop before your in the ballpark.

Yeah. Interest Free. The lady I spoke to was most friendly and all she was interested in was the reasonable price in order to match it.

$4660 which I showed her was no good.

The Digital Centre discount she would not do as it was only applicable to that web site.

So if you are able to get a hard quote from another store then go into DJ's and ask for a price match, if it is reasonable and they feel they can do it then they will.

Alan

So DJs are willing to negotiate on price even on interest Free Plans? I will pay cash for the Kuro if i have to but if i can get a decent deal on interest free and only have to pay a couple or few Hundred more then that would be alright..

Guys,

I went into BingLee @ an inner west shop in Sydney today, I could have bought (ca$h) a 5080 with stand and under speakers for $4200 cash...? Is this a good deal? Is the LX model range better than the PDP models? Am seriously looking at Sony's LCD (blacks issue acknowledged) Glare/reflection on Plasma a worry too? Would like to make a 'future proof' purchase at least until OLED's starting becoming a popular reality.

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Adam

digital centre now offering the LX-608 for 9113

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/400913/p...-plasma-tv.html

If David Jones were to match on finance terms (1/3 up front, $30 card fee, 48 monthly installments amount ingto 2/3 of 9113 plus 2.95 montly account fee assuming 8% home loan rate) then the equiv price is 8,373

in Excel

=-9113/3-30+PV(8%/12,48,(2/3*9113)/48+2.95)

DJ Shareholder discount takes it to around 8200.

digital centre now offering the LX-608 for 9113

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/400913/p...-plasma-tv.html

If David Jones were to match on finance terms (1/3 up front, $30 card fee, 48 monthly installments amount ingto 2/3 of 9113 plus 2.95 montly account fee assuming 8% home loan rate) then the equiv price is 8,373

in Excel

=-9113/3-30+PV(8%/12,48,(2/3*9113)/48+2.95)

DJ Shareholder discount takes it to around 8200.

$9113 from Digital Centre is only if you take their interest payment plan which I think is around 10% per annum. Their credit card price is $9799. I should hear back from my supplier tomorrow he needed to check and see if there had been a price drop on the LX608 as has happened with all the models below this one.