Pioneer Kuro Prices From Recce On Boxing Day

Guest RooAvery
New member here - thanks for the great info on this thread as I'd been looking to buy a new tv and coincidentally my old crt died on new year's day. Based on this thread I went down to HN Balgowlah yesterday and mentioned the digitalcentre $5,199 special for the LX-508 (http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/400907/pioneer-pdp-lx508a-plasma-tv.html) and asked if they could match it. The salesman did his phonecall to the manager and I'm the proud owner of a new LX-508. He didn't bother checking the website where the special is only valid on the no deposit , 4 years to pay plan.

Hi clarson,

great price, well done. could I ask you to send me a copy of your receipt so i can use it as a bargaining chip <g>?

amost forgot roo at rooavery.com,

Thanks in advance,

Roo

Edited by RooAvery

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi clarson,

great price, well done. could I ask you to send me a copy of your receipt so i can use it as a bargaining chip <g>?

amost forgot roo at rooavery.com,

Thanks in advance,

Roo

Sending it now - good luck with it! (Haven't heard back from anyone yet whether it's been successful or not).

Guest Andy18981
Sending it now - good luck with it! (Haven't heard back from anyone yet whether it's been successful or not).

Hey clarson, would you mind sending a copy of that receipt to awalsh@sjm.com thanks :)

New member here - thanks for the great info on this thread as I'd been looking to buy a new tv and coincidentally my old crt died on new year's day. Based on this thread I went down to HN Balgowlah yesterday and mentioned the digitalcentre $5,199 special for the LX-508 (http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/400907/pioneer-pdp-lx508a-plasma-tv.html) and asked if they could match it. The salesman did his phonecall to the manager and I'm the proud owner of a new LX-508. He didn't bother checking the website where the special is only valid on the no deposit , 4 years to pay plan.

Hi clarson,

Having left a deposit for a LX-508 in mid december at $6850, and still waiting for the TV, I am one angry consumer. Watching the prices spiral down over into the new year I have since cancelled my order and recovered my deposit. I would greatly appreciate a copy of your receipt for $5,199 to start my purchase over again (and also to show the ignorant saleperson who still tells me they can't go below $6,000!!). My e-mail is nikolakabra@hotmail.com

Thankyou in advance and thanks to everyone for the price updates.

Hi clarson,

Having left a deposit for a LX-508 in mid december at $6850, and still waiting for the TV, I am one angry consumer. Watching the prices spiral down over into the new year I have since cancelled my order and recovered my deposit. I would greatly appreciate a copy of your receipt for $5,199 to start my purchase over again (and also to show the ignorant saleperson who still tells me they can't go below $6,000!!). My e-mail is nikolakabra@hotmail.com

hi can i also get a copy of the receipt ? my e-mail address is berean_mountains@yahoo.com.

thanks in advance .

Hi Clarson

Could you please add me to that ever growing list of people wanting a copy of your receipt. My email is tegregg@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi clarson,

That sounds really poor form. When I bought mine the salesman said Pioneer would deliver within 5 working days. Turned out exactly 5 working days so fair enough. Sounds like he did you a favour now as you managed to cancel.

Will send you a copy of the receipt now.

Hi Clarson,

Greatly appreciated if you could please forward your receipt to:

guru.888@hotmail.com.

Hope to tackle DJs in Melbourne this week for a LX508 armed with several price matched receipts.

Thanks.

Glenn

Rowville, Victoria

Sent a bunch of scanned receipts to a few recipients. Let me know if I left anyone off. Good luck and update me how it goes.

Hi Clarson,

I'm going to try my luck at DJ Chadstone this weekend.

I'd definitely appreciate a copy of your receipt, too, if you don't mind!

Email: natimuk at gmail dot com

Cheers mate!

Bill

Edited by natimuk

Hi Clarson

Could I also trouble you for a receipt... I'm planning on purchasing tomorrow when i have the day off. You can send it to jteh at iinet dot net dot au.

Thanks so much!!!

James

Ok two more receipt copies sent.

Btw are the stores obliged to match the receipt? I guess a competitor could supposedly turn it down. What about another (or even the same) HN - are they obliged to match?

DJ's has a price match policy

Some price match policy also takes another % off otherwise you simply go back to the person that gave you the low price in the first place I can understand store service being the difference in most cases but Pioneer is doing the installation & service retail outlets are the middle man

cheers laurie

I've got my LX508 delivered and installed by Pioneer yesterday.

Movies and games on the Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 are awesome.

Foxtel also looked very good with only SVideo connection but I'll still get a scart to component adapter.

Clarson,

Thanks for your receipt early on, these are my travels with it on the weekend.

Well I'll update this forum with my Perth travels. Armed with a receipt I went to a few retailers. Best price was around 6k. The bloke at Harvey Norman Malaga was a tool. He stated "oh people post those on the internet they aren't even real receipts" despite it having a receipt number and minus the whiting out of details being the same as every other receipt I've ever got from the particular retailer.. I said go ahead and ring the retailer his response "I can't match that I can't even come close if it's real how about you buy me some at that price" So I go what's the best price his response "I've got one left on display you can have that for $6.5" and I left the shop.

Perth retailers must either be screwing the consumer or they have not heard about the drop probably option 1. Screw you Harvey Norman Malaga.

Basically no retailer in Perth is willing to do these under $5500 it seems, or more importantly the ones I talked to not under 6k. Haven't ventured out to David Jones yet. Shame about the retailers in Perth inflated prices. It's the price we pay for being in the boom state?

If anyone gets a price of $5200 or under in Perth can you send me the receipt.

Cheers