Pioneer Kuro Prices From Recce On Boxing Day

digital centre now offering the LX-608 for 9113

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/400913/p...-plasma-tv.html

If David Jones were to match on finance terms (1/3 up front, $30 card fee, 48 monthly installments amount ingto 2/3 of 9113 plus 2.95 montly account fee assuming 8% home loan rate) then the equiv price is 8,373

in Excel

=-9113/3-30+PV(8%/12,48,(2/3*9113)/48+2.95)

DJ Shareholder discount takes it to around 8200.

David Jones are doing four years interest free terms so there is no interest to be added. Just the 2.95 fee per month which is $141.60 for 48months and the $30 set up fee. So you could get the 60" for $9284.60 all up

Alan

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Jones are doing four years interest free terms so there is no interest to be added. Just the 2.95 fee per month which is $141.60 for 48months and the $30 set up fee. So you could get the 60" for $9284.60 all up

Alan

You need to convert back to a value today for a cash price comparision. So the 8% interest I used was a discount rate to adjust for the saving on a typical mortgage for deferring a cash outlay

On my calcs its equivalent to a 8360 cash price upfront.

Cheers

New member here - thanks for the great info on this thread as I'd been looking to buy a new tv and coincidentally my old crt died on new year's day. Based on this thread I went down to HN Balgowlah yesterday and mentioned the digitalcentre $5,199 special for the LX-508 (http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/400907/pioneer-pdp-lx508a-plasma-tv.html) and asked if they could match it. The salesman did his phonecall to the manager and I'm the proud owner of a new LX-508. He didn't bother checking the website where the special is only valid on the no deposit , 4 years to pay plan.

Guest Voodoo Rob

LX508A

Tried a few stores in Perth.

MYERS

$5,500 before even mentioning price matching. Could not meet $5,199, even with reciept. Did not try to push as he said there was not much movement at all.

David Jones

$6k+ before price matching. Happy to meet on the $5,550 prices. Would only do $5,199 if they were in the east (where the reciept was originated)

A few more David Jones in state to test.

Just picked up the 508 XDA for $3,990 on 1/3rd deposit the rest over 4 years interest free from David Jones in Melb CBD. They just price matched the Digital Centre offer of $3,990 but that offer included taking up their finance @ 17.9%.

508XDA

$4499.1 from Myer (price after 10% discount).

$4233 from JB (price on tag).

I'm glad I haven't got a PL from a bank/credit union yet then. At these prices, it would be worth it to get one soon. I just hope the Myers in my town (Dubbo) still stock them. If not, HN here might have a similar price.

But wow, a 508XDA for this far under $5000 would be very awesome!!

Hi Jeppy,

Absolutely awesome work getting this price matched.

Could you please send me a copy of your reciept so I can price match in BNE as the digital centre one doesn't stand up here. Please send to spblah at gmail dot com. Thanks in advance...

Forseti

Because I put it on 4 years interest free I only have a 'customer special order' form until they approve the 4 year deal. They told me that they will contact me on Monday the 7th re same. Like you I was suprised that they matched the Digital Centre price AND gave me the 4 years interest free terms. Digital Centre was NOT offering interest free terms.

I can email the customer order form but as it's a duplicate copy the quality isn't the best. I'll have a go at it later today once I take my personal details out.

Cheers

Jeppy

Forseti

Because I put it on 4 years interest free I only have a 'customer special order' form until they approve the 4 year deal. They told me that they will contact me on Monday the 7th re same. Like you I was suprised that they matched the Digital Centre price AND gave me the 4 years interest free terms. Digital Centre was NOT offering interest free terms.

I can email the customer order form but as it's a duplicate copy the quality isn't the best. I'll have a go at it later today once I take my personal details out.

Cheers

Jeppy

When you made your order at DJ's did they not attach a receipt to the customer order form? I have the order request, but also they ran it through the till and gave me a receipt for that. The receipt points out the need for the third deposit and that the remainder of the balance is to be paid in 48 equal monthly instalments and also includes the $30 establishment fee.

I was not under the impression that they had to wait approval? Are you a new customer to David Jones and you have just made a new application? Then this may explain the order form.

Alan

When you made your order at DJ's did they not attach a receipt to the customer order form? I have the order request, but also they ran it through the till and gave me a receipt for that. The receipt points out the need for the third deposit and that the remainder of the balance is to be paid in 48 equal monthly instalments and also includes the $30 establishment fee.

I was not under the impression that they had to wait approval? Are you a new customer to David Jones and you have just made a new application? Then this may explain the order form.

Alan

Yes I am a new customer to DJ's so had to complete an application form and that would probably explain why I have no receipt. I saw the guy that served this morning and I get the impression he is unaware that the Digital Centre price and associated finance was not interest free. So DJ's price match is better than the Digital Centre offer given the credit terms. He said that he will be in touch tomorrow re my application so I assume i get a receipt then?? More than happy to give confirmation when I have the invoice/receipt.

Jeppy

Just picked up the 508 XDA for $3,990 on 1/3rd deposit the rest over 4 years interest free from David Jones in Melb CBD. They just price matched the Digital Centre offer of $3,990 but that offer included taking up their finance @ 17.9%.

An absolute awesome price well done.

I had cash for my new 24" iMac but took the DJ option as it was so cheap, 1/3 down and a small $2.95 month account fee.

New member here - thanks for the great info on this thread as I'd been looking to buy a new tv and coincidentally my old crt died on new year's day. Based on this thread I went down to HN Balgowlah yesterday and mentioned the digitalcentre $5,199 special for the LX-508 (http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/400907/pioneer-pdp-lx508a-plasma-tv.html) and asked if they could match it. The salesman did his phonecall to the manager and I'm the proud owner of a new LX-508. He didn't bother checking the website where the special is only valid on the no deposit , 4 years to pay plan.

Hi Clarson

Any chance you can forward me a copy of your invoice, i am keen to secure an LX-508 especially at that great price

email to sergdi at bigpond dot net dot au

Cheers

dantay

Hi Jeppy

I'd also appreciate it if you could email me a copy of the receipt when you get it. I tried Doymane & Clive Peters today and neither would price match the Digital Centre price.

My email address is oliverhj at tpg dot com dot au

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Oliver

An absolute awesome price well done.

I had cash for my new 24" iMac but took the DJ option as it was so cheap, 1/3 down and a small $2.95 month account fee.

Is DJ using their own finance or a third party e.g. GE Finance

cheers laurie

Hi Clarson,

Could you please forward me a copy of the receipt for your purchase on the LX508?!?

elisix@optusnet.com.au

Much appreciated.

Guest BreakAtmo

20,000:1 contrast is amazing, and so are these prices, but does anyone know if there will be sub-50" 1080p Kuros? I thought they would all be 1080p, then I find that the 40" and 46" panels are 1024x768:wacko:.

Oh well, they'll be $2000 by the time I have the money to pay for them ^_^ .

Hi Clarson

Any chance you can forward me a copy of your invoice, i am keen to secure an LX-508 especially at that great price

email to sergdi at bigpond dot net dot au

Cheers

dantay

Just sent the receipt - good luck with it, let me know how you go.

20,000:1 contrast is amazing, and so are these prices, but does anyone know if there will be sub-50" 1080p Kuros? I thought they would all be 1080p, then I find that the 40" and 46" panels are 1024x768:wacko:.

Oh well, they'll be $2000 by the time I have the money to pay for them ^_^ .

Since when has there been a 40" and 46" kuro, or any plasma for that matter?

Thanks Jeppy I have the form but I understand you do not have the full receipt just yet. Thanks for scanning :-)

Forseti

I have the receipt confirming the price and the 1/3rd deposit + balance over 4 years. Will email ASAP & to others who asked for a copy.

Best of luck with your group buy.

Cheers

Jeppy