Pioneer Kuro Prices From Recce On Boxing Day

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to HN at Alexandria today, just got back in fact, and they have the ticketed price as $6999. As I mentioned on another thread, the guy said he would take off $50 if we went with the 25 months interest free offer. Said he did not have room to budge as they paid $6000 for the TV in the first place.

Alan

Today HN Knox had the LX508A with a tagged price of $5999.

They also had the LX608A with a tagged price of $9999.

what's the cheapest that anyone from perth has seen the the LX508A ticketed?

Especially Harvey Norman stores.

Hello "thundabot"

I am wanting to find a good deal on a Pioneer PDP-LX508A too, and I too live in Perth, Western Australia (gods country for sure, but a bit slow on the uptake for pricing), plus I hate talking to sales assistants that don't know the product they are selling, and here in WA we have plenty of them too. Already had a couple of reps from the JB store at Whitfords tell me that the Pioneers LX508A is rubbish compared to their HD LCD TV's they are pushing so heavily, I do not like LCD, I think I can see artefacts galore during quick movement shots, but they tell me there is not any, but I can see them, am I crazy (not sure if I should ask anyone that, for fear of an answer). They both said that anyone who knows their stuff, knows that there is only really HD LCD worth buying. If that was the case, I will stay in the dark ages with my large flat screen CRT. Why would you buy something that makes you think you are seeing double during action scenes.

If you do get lucky and find something about the $5,400 price (as it looks like about bottom dollar, don't you think?) could you please tell me ( woodvaliens at iinet.net.au , yes I live in Woodvale, not very original I know).

Thanks a million, and good luck with your search too

Mark (I am a newbie so no flames please)

P.S That is a neat setup you have from the images of your theatre room. I would love to set up a room like that, the chairs alone must have cost a mint.

i believe this is how it goes william:

1. most probably

2. very much doubt it.

3. yes - they get 'price protection' - credti for the difference in wholesale price.

I will be able to get more info next week as to weather the wholesale price is being dropped in perth.

At least Apple gave early buyers of the iphone a refund when they shafted them for paying too high at the outset.

I'm happy with my price from the GB, but this is ridiculous. Passionate supporters of Pioneer getting ripped off SO SOON after the things came out. I only have 60 hours on my screen and the price has dropped thousands.

Pioneer should extend some sort of gesture to the people who have talked the Kuro's up and got them momentum in the market place.

I stand to be corrected why would they get stock! I thought they have floor models and Pioneer delivers and installs the displays I'm positive you cannot just take one home :unsure:

cheers laurie

I meant they had three to sell. Stock is from Pioneer, and when I went back in the afternoon, they had sold them all. The display model no longer had the ticketed price (they took it off) because the three were gone.

A friend of mine just picked up the Pioneer 60" Kuro for $8200. Just have to find out where from in Adelaide. The 60" will be below $8k before soon.

Hey Spero D

I am trying desperately to get a copy of a receipt here for a Pioneer PDP-LX508A around the $5400 price tag, and I have been very happy with my surround sound system per say (I have Richter Excaliber front mains, Richter unicorn centre, Richter Hydra surrounds with another pair of surrounds named Opus Ones (not a big name, but very good sound for the buck) The Richters are from when they were family owned in Pleasure Point, Sydney, not the mass production they are today) and my dear B&W AS1000 Sub (though the Excaliburs produce a lot of deep base, but that is from the front left right output, not the .1 output), the TV is just a 68cm Philips flat screen CRT, but I have not been knocked off my feet till this point by anything under $10,000 to replace my CRT with, I replaced my "recently deceased" NAD ac3 receiver, that they wanted the price of a new one to repair, with my spare which is a Panasonic SA-HE200, which does quite well for now while I see where this latest upgrade will take me) but looking here at the setups you guys have (sorry thudabot, I quoted your name incorrectly I see, I appologise), it is quite easy to start thinking of just replacing everything. Though I do not see myself selling my house to get a new one with a suitable theatre room just yet, unless I win lotto today. I feel like I am missing out.

In short, my wife thinks I have a problem with spending money on toys, it appears I am not alone.

Anyone able to send a copy of a receipt for a Pioneer PDP-LX508A around the $5,400 price would be warmly received, I really do need one to work on the sales reps over here in WA (if you do, please email it to me at woodvaliens at iinet.net.au, please, please)

Cheers all

Mark

Edited by woodvaliens

At least Apple gave early buyers of the iphone a refund when they shafted them for paying too high at the outset.

I'm happy with my price from the GB, but this is ridiculous. Passionate supporters of Pioneer getting ripped off SO SOON after the things came out. I only have 60 hours on my screen and the price has dropped thousands.

Pioneer should extend some sort of gesture to the people who have talked the Kuro's up and got them momentum in the market place.

agreed

maybe "who's pissed off with getting gouged thread" might be in order :wacko:

Went to HN at Alexandria today, just got back in fact, and they have the ticketed price as $6999. As I mentioned on another thread, the guy said he would take off $50 if we went with the 25 months interest free offer. Said he did not have room to budge as they paid $6000 for the TV in the first place.

Alan

Hi ozboyz,

Out of interest, what time were you there? I was there around 3p.m. and there was no price ticket on the LX508. There was on the LX608 (some weird figure like $11321). As I said in a previous post, in the morning the 508 was ticketed at $5567. The guy said they had three for sale at this price (which were naturally all sold by the afternoon).

Hi ozboyz,

Out of interest, what time were you there? I was there around 3p.m. and there was no price ticket on the LX508. There was on the LX608 (some weird figure like $11321). As I said in a previous post, in the morning the 508 was ticketed at $5567. The guy said they had three for sale at this price (which were naturally all sold by the afternoon).

hello.

I finished work at about 3pm and so by the time I got to HN, the big one on Gardeners Road, it will have been perhaps about 3.30pm. They had the shop model up on display. It had a ticket price of $6999.

I walked around the display area as the Pioneer was in it's own display and facing it was the 60" Panasonic. That was about the same price as LX508.

A salesman stopped me and asked if he could help. I asked about pricing and because I was interested in the 25 months interest free he would only take $50 off. When asked about the $5000 deal earlier he just said that was a mistake, it was well below cost etc. Even when I said that Pioneer had reduced their pricing in line with competition he just would not budge. I made no attempt to show him the receipt for the one that was sold for $4650 as that would have been a waste of time.

I just left. Even on interest free I figured they would have budged a bit more. HN at Moore Park had it priced at $6577 approx, but again I did not bother to ask about pricing as they were all doing their "yo bro" thing in the shop, and it was just too much.

What I need is for someone who has bought theirs for the $5000 to $5500 range to email me a copy of their receipt to ozboyz@bigpond.net.au and I will more than happily try elsewhere, but without a legitimate price range and one that is not fantasy (no digs at the one who got theirs for $4650 as I do believe that is not a realistic goal for me) then I am not sure where I stand with negotiating.

I do not have cash. I am keen on credit terms, and do appreciate that there is little room for movement in that area. I may well be prepared to wait until I have saved the money up and offer cash to see what I can get.

I just wonder if the pricing will come down furthur in the coming months or if we will see them remain static?

cheers

Alan

Since it's hard to get the LX508A for the $5500 mark in WA, why don't you order it from interstate. Ring up HN Knox City in Wantirna South, Melbourne. Their best price is $5450. I don't think there'll be any charges for delivery as it is free.

hello.

I finished work at about 3pm and so by the time I got to HN, the big one on Gardeners Road, it will have been perhaps about 3.30pm. They had the shop model up on display. It had a ticket price of $6999.

I walked around the display area as the Pioneer was in it's own display and facing it was the 60" Panasonic. That was about the same price as LX508.

A salesman stopped me and asked if he could help. I asked about pricing and because I was interested in the 25 months interest free he would only take $50 off. When asked about the $5000 deal earlier he just said that was a mistake, it was well below cost etc. Even when I said that Pioneer had reduced their pricing in line with competition he just would not budge. I made no attempt to show him the receipt for the one that was sold for $4650 as that would have been a waste of time.

I just left. Even on interest free I figured they would have budged a bit more. HN at Moore Park had it priced at $6577 approx, but again I did not bother to ask about pricing as they were all doing their "yo bro" thing in the shop, and it was just too much.

What I need is for someone who has bought theirs for the $5000 to $5500 range to email me a copy of their receipt to ozboyz@bigpond.net.au and I will more than happily try elsewhere, but without a legitimate price range and one that is not fantasy (no digs at the one who got theirs for $4650 as I do believe that is not a realistic goal for me) then I am not sure where I stand with negotiating.

I do not have cash. I am keen on credit terms, and do appreciate that there is little room for movement in that area. I may well be prepared to wait until I have saved the money up and offer cash to see what I can get.

I just wonder if the pricing will come down furthur in the coming months or if we will see them remain static?

cheers

Alan

Yes, so I was there about half an hour before you. The 508 you saw, was it right next to the 608? The 508 was on the left hand side and the 608 on the right hand side. I think they had Blu Ray Spiderman 3 playing on a PS3 at the time. I don't remember it being opposite the 60" Panasonic though, but I wasn't paying too much attention. I don't see how it could be a mistake though, as a few other people have bought it recently between the $5K and $5.5K mark, and at various places around the country. Perhaps as someone else said it's B stock? Stock where the noticeable buzzing (that owners have noticed) haven't been rectified? Who knows? As I said the salesman said they had three to sell at that $5.5K ticketed price and the new stock in the New Year will be more expensive. Anyone care to speculate?

Yes, so I was there about half an hour before you. The 508 you saw, was it right next to the 608? The 508 was on the left hand side and the 608 on the right hand side. I think they had Blu Ray Spiderman 3 playing on a PS3 at the time. I don't remember it being opposite the 60" Panasonic though, but I wasn't paying too much attention. I don't see how it could be a mistake though, as a few other people have bought it recently between the $5K and $5.5K mark, and at various places around the country. Perhaps as someone else said it's B stock? Stock where the noticeable buzzing (that owners have noticed) haven't been rectified? Who knows? As I said the salesman said they had three to sell at that $5.5K ticketed price and the new stock in the New Year will be more expensive. Anyone care to speculate?

This was the one at the end of Bourke Street in Alexandria?

I am not sure about it being next to the 60". The film that was running on it was some cartoon character, sort of like the Jetsons. If you stood with your back to the screen and looked forward the Panasonic was there, but at a right angle. The screens were not facing each other.

The Pio had the pricing on the top right hand of the screen.

I was a bit excited as I thought I was going to be walking away with a TV but at that price it really was way too much.

Apparantly the buzzing seems to be part of the TV, according to some other threads on here.

Alan

Since it's hard to get the LX508A for the $5500 mark in WA, why don't you order it from interstate. Ring up HN Knox City in Wantirna South, Melbourne. Their best price is $5450. I don't think there'll be any charges for delivery as it is free.

My problem is that I do not have the cash to pay for it up front.

That is why I was hoping someone would send me a copy of their receipt so that I could at least use that as possible bargaining power.

I would be happy to pay a little more for interest free finance, but for them to stand their ground and not budge is just too much.

I appreciate that they probably do have fees and charges incurred, but why run a promotion for interest free, knowing that as a retailer you have to pay the relevant fees etc. I know that in the small print it says ticket or advertised price, so that covers their backs, but really, to be able to offer $5000 - $5500 for cash, and to say $6999 for finance. A bit of a joke.

Alan

That is why I was hoping someone would send me a copy of their receipt so that I could at least use that as possible bargaining power.

I would be happy to pay a little more for interest free finance, but for them to stand their ground and not budge is just too much.

I appreciate that they probably do have fees and charges incurred, but why run a promotion for interest free, knowing that as a retailer you have to pay the relevant fees etc. I know that in the small print it says ticket or advertised price, so that covers their backs, but really, to be able to offer $5000 - $5500 for cash, and to say $6999 for finance. A bit of a joke.

Alan

The tagged price for the LX508A is $5999 and for the LX608A is $9999 at HN Knox.

I saw the tags in the store yesterday.

Alan

The interest free is paid for by the retailer and it's anywhere from 7-12% of the purchase price so on a $7000 TV the most it would cost HN to offer you interest free is about $800 which they pay to GE finance.

If it's only 12mths interest free it about 7% maybe lower and it goes up to 12% for a 40mth interest free loan.

So they do have room to move you would think!

The interest free is paid for by the retailer and it's anywhere from 7-12% of the purchase price so on a $7000 TV the most it would cost HN to offer you interest free is about $800 which they pay to GE finance.

If it's only 12mths interest free it about 7% maybe lower and it goes up to 12% for a 40mth interest free loan.

So they do have room to move you would think!

The way I see it simply (please correct me if I am wrong), a 25 months i/f for a tagged price of $6000 is a very good deal.

The average home loan interest rate (with the usual 0.6% discount for the major banks) is 8.07%.

Now 8.07% over 25 months is a savings of (6000*0.0807/12)*25 = $1009

Assume that the fees and charges to set up the i/f loan = $200.

So at the end of 25 months, you would have paid $6200 for the TV but end up saving $1009 because you don't have to withdraw money from the mortgage now to pay for the TV.

Edited by nova

The way I see it simply (please correct me if I am wrong), a 25 months i/f for a tagged price of $6000 is a very good deal.

The average home loan interest rate (with the usual 0.6% discount for the major banks) is 8.07%.

Now 8.07% over 25 months is a savings of (6000*0.0807/12)*25 = $1009

Assume that the fees and charges to set up the i/f loan = $200.

So at the end of 25 months, you'll pay $6200 for the TV but end up saving $1009 because you don't have to withdraw money from the mortgage now to pay for the TV.

That's the way I see it and I got my 508xda on 40mths interest free.

I got it early and paid a high price but the savings down the track would make it worth while.

The way I see it simply (please correct me if I am wrong), a 25 months i/f for a tagged price of $5999 is a very good deal.

Now 8.07% over 25 months is a savings of (5999*0.0807/12)*25 = $1009.

Assume that the fees and charges to set up the i/f loan = (2.95*25) for monthly fees plus $25 set up cost = $99.

So at the end of 25 months, you would have paid $6099 for the TV but end up saving $1009 because you don't have to withdraw money from the mortgage now to pay for the TV.

this is exactly why i want to put it on interest free from HN.

even better to put that money in the sharemarket for 2 years, the way its going at the moment $6,000 will easily be worth $12,000 in 2 years and you haven't had to actually pay anything ;)

Don't forget it could also be worth $3000 in 2 years and that would in effect make the TV cost $9000.