Pioneer Kuro Prices From Recce On Boxing Day

denere? the stock price was $5300 on the pioneer LX508a?? that means wholesale price? so any place getting it at $5300 probably wont mind dropping to $5400? or $5450 if they arent loosing money on it..

dan

I presume it does mean the wholesale price yes. $5500 is a very good price considering all this so I personally would take it.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

So what did they say the stock price was and also the "go" price?

I was looking at the Panasonic PZ700 50" but now being swayed by the Pioneer PDP LX508A though keen to find out what the pricing is. It seems that the difference between Panasonic and Pioneer is about $1500???

JB Hifi at Bondi in Sydney on Xmas Eve had the 50" Pioneer ticketed as $7999 and the Panasonic as just under $4000. Huge difference

Alan

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually contacted Pio this morning, and they even gave me some bargaining advice including what the stock price is vs the "go" price. So I took both advices and followed up with Bing Lee Rhodes, who agreed to refund $600 off what I paid (which makes it competitive with the quotes kindly listed by nova).

If the LX508 is too expensive, why not go for a 508XDA?

It’s a much better display then a Panasonic PZ700 and can be had for $4k.

what's the cheapest that anyone from perth has seen the the LX508A ticketed?

Especially Harvey Norman stores.

Wonder if we could go into HN or WC HiFi stores and quote the price at www.digitalcentre.com.au and see if they can beat that.

I will be getting the LX508...just have to wait until the prices here in Perth are similar to those quoted over east.

Just seen an advert on TV for David Jones and they are doing four years interest free.

I wonder if I had a price then they would match that?

Digital Centre is offering $5999 with $350 rebate and four years credit so wonder if David Jones would match that?

If anyone has actually bought the TV and is under the $6000 mark then is there a way of emailing me a copy of their receipt to see if DJ's will come to the party?

cheers

Alan

If the LX508 is too expensive, why not go for a 508XDA?

It’s a much better display then a Panasonic PZ700 and can be had for $4k.

Since Owen is selling 508XDA everytime he has a chance, I should sell PZ . :)

PZ is no slouch compare to the 508XDA and its 1K cheaper if you r lucky enough to get your 508XDA for 4K.

When a PZ look crappy at the shops look around where they display the PZ usually on bright areas of the shops. While the non matte plasma TVs are all at the darkest areas of the shop.

My PZ at home looks 10 times better than those display at bright areas of the shops.

And PZ is brighter than 508XDA.

The PX Panasonics have better blacks and are brighter then the PZ’s, and they are a lot cheaper as well. :D

Ya pays ya money ya takes ya choice.

P.S. Can you really buy a 50” PZ for $3k? ($1k cheaper then a 50” XDA at $4k)

guys - hn knox city had the lx508 ticketed at 5999 - but i managed to get it for 5500. there was a rumour on another thread of snn getting it at 4500, but it was actually 4660 . he only got that due to a "store stuff up" and they agreed to honor the deal. so besides my 5500, someone else here "had a mate that picked it up from harvey norman alexandra for 5000". if this is true. 5000 - 5500 should be the new aim of yet to be buyers.

dan

guys - hn knox city had the lx508 ticketed at 5999 - but i managed to get it for 5500. there was a rumour on another thread of snn getting it at 4500, but it was actually 4660 . he only got that due to a "store stuff up" and they agreed to honor the deal. so besides my 5500, someone else here "had a mate that picked it up from harvey norman alexandra for 5000". if this is true. 5000 - 5500 should be the new aim of yet to be buyers.

dan

If the ticketed price at HN is $5999, then it's better to opt for the 25 months interest free.

The PX Panasonics have better blacks and are brighter then the PZ’s, and they are a lot cheaper as well. :D ...

Interestingly, I recently happened to see an in-store demo loop running on a bank of Panasonic TV’s grouped together with a variety of different models and sizes.

The demo comes to a section where there is a shot of outer space which might be the Milky Way. On the Pana PZ models, there were seemingly millions of stars displayed in this scene, with many that were exceedingly small. But on the display of the PX models, only just a few of these stars were apparent! -ie: only just the larger ones. A very significant difference indeed!

Also, whenever a slow pan occurs in this demo, there were noticeable ‘sparkling’ or noisy pixels on all fine details viewed on the PX models -but this effect was almost non-existent on the PZ versions. Again a very noticeable difference.

Looks like, that despite their poorer black levels, the Pana PZ models may possibly have a better performing display than the PX models overall.

Mind you, the connection to all sets was via component leads from an in-store component distribution system. So the characteristics observed could be different for other connection methods.

-Just my observation :)

Cheers

dumb question please

watching the price of the LX508 go into free fall...

(1) is this due to Pio slashing the wholesale price ?

(2) are retailers just lowering their profit margins ?

(3) what happens if a retailer buys 20 LX508's at a set price 2 weeks ago and Pio says "sorry guys the new wholesale price is $4k" - do the retailers get compensated in some way?

having paid $7k for my Lx 508 I'm stunned at what the f*ck is going on :)

Never posted but have read religiously.....After a LX508a or 60a haven't decided how far to stretch the budget..HN in Joondalup WA had ticket price of $7999 on LX508a salesman immediately gave me a price of $6999...the LX608a was ticketed at $11,999 given price of $10,500..Salesman was not really up to the abilities of this panel saying that when he could sell 20 of them he would do some research on them....They looked great with both on display running Blue Ray content......If anybody has a receipt for either of these great panels at a decent price could u please please please send it too me .....Thankyou all :)

dumb question please

watching the price of the LX508 go into free fall...

(1) is this due to Pio slashing the wholesale price ?

(2) are retailers just lowering their profit margins ?

(3) what happens if a retailer buys 20 LX508's at a set price 2 weeks ago and Pio says "sorry guys the new wholesale price is $4k" - do the retailers get compensated in some way?

having paid $7k for my Lx 508 I'm stunned at what the f*ck is going on :)

i believe this is how it goes william:

1. most probably

2. very much doubt it.

3. yes - they get 'price protection' - credti for the difference in wholesale price.

I will be able to get more info next week as to weather the wholesale price is being dropped in perth.

No, I don't think so. They have three in stock. $5000 cash. They reckon they are getting three more in soon but the price may be higher; yeah, right.

I stand to be corrected why would they get stock! I thought they have floor models and Pioneer delivers and installs the displays I'm positive you cannot just take one home :unsure:

cheers laurie

As mentioned elsewhere, it's possible to get the LX508 from HN Alexandria NSW for around $5K. In fact, their ticketed price is - for some weird reason - is %5567.

Went to HN at Alexandria today, just got back in fact, and they have the ticketed price as $6999. As I mentioned on another thread, the guy said he would take off $50 if we went with the 25 months interest free offer. Said he did not have room to budge as they paid $6000 for the TV in the first place.

Alan