Pioneer Kuro Prices From Recce On Boxing Day

I just got back from Knox City and here are the prices from the stores.

LX608A

$8999 from HN (indicative price from sales person).

$10000 from Big Picture (indicative price from sales person).

LX508A

$5849.1 from Myer (price after 10% discount). Didn't ask whether further discounts are possible.

$5699 from HN (best price from sales person).

$5700 from Big Picture (best price from sales person).

JB is not able to match HN's price. When I told sales person HN's price, he asked a senior sales person, and latter commented "get me one".

508XDA

$4499.1 from Myer (price after 10% discount).

$4233 from JB (price on tag).

428XDA

$3795 from Big Picture (price on tag).

$3824.13 from Myer (price after 10% discount).

$3852 from JB (price on tag).

I'm only interested in the LX508A, so if anyone has a better price than $5699 from other major retailers (Clive Peeters, DJ, etc) please let me know. Digital Home Ent today lowered the price from $6499 to $5999 in their website with the chance of another $350 "rebate".

Edited by nova

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nova, any chance that you could give us the salespersons name that quoted the LX608A at $8999?

Sorry, I can't remember his name. I recalled he's kind of blondish and a little over 6 foot. But he did go to the back room to check the prices for the LX508A and LX608A. It's not something from the top of his head. The LX508A was his best price. I didn't dwell on the LX608A price.

Edited by nova

Nice work Nova - that all sounds pretty good. I'm also in the market for an LX508...altho the 508XDA looked almost identical today at myer playing Die Hard 4. I wasn't sure whether it was a blu-ray/HDDVD source but it could possibly also be my inexperience in looking for differences between a 1080p and 768p screen.

At Chaddy myer, the sales ppl were very strict on no further discounts beyond the 10% off.

The JB Price looks nuts tho! - I think i might be forced to cop a 508XDA now! i was originally going to wait for the LX508 to come down..but at 4233....far out!

there's something weird here with some retailers not being able to match, i'm suspecting that Pioneer has dropped their wholesale price and maybe some retailers don't know about it or they have stock they bought at the old price. in this case pioneer should issue them a protection on their buy price so they don't loose out when selling below their original cost.

Nova, i know HN in perth are advertising 25 months interest free, are those price cash prices only?

if so, what is their ticketed 'sale' price if you wanted to do interest free.

I didn't ask about interest free prices. So I assume that HN's prices are for cash sales including credit card.

Edited by nova

Guest blimpyboy

LX508A

$5849.1 from Myer (price after 10% discount). Didn't ask whether further discounts are possible.son, and latter commented "get me one".

I'm only interested in the LX508A, so if anyone has a better price than $5699 from other major retailers (Clive Peeters, DJ, etc) please let me know. Digital Home Ent today lowered the price from $6499 to $5999 in their website with the chance of another $350 "rebate".

Hi Nova,

Which myer in particular ? Sydney CBD Myer is selling LX508's for $7499 + 10% on top of that which gives $6750 or so (this is as of boxing today).

Hi Nova,

Which myer in particular ? Sydney CBD Myer is selling LX508's for $7499 + 10% on top of that which gives $6750 or so (this is as of boxing today).

Ticketed price is $6499 at Myer Knox City. Also at Myer Doncaster and other stores from earlier posts.

Wow that is a huge price drop across the whole range.

I bought a LX508 for much more than that last week and it doesn't arrive for 2 weeks. I'm even inclined to get a refund / repurchase for that price difference. :unsure:

I would ring up the retailer and ask nicely for an equivalent reduction in price as the RRP seeing as they could not supply the panel on the spot. Argue that you haven't got your panel yet and that you can now get it elsewhere much cheaper. If they are interesetd in keeping your business, I am sure they will offer something acceptable to both parties

Guest mistered

Thanks for the recce nova.

I did a drive around this morning for an LX508...

Good Guys dont stock Pioneer.

DJs at The Glen had the LX508 at $7999, less 10%. When I asked for a quote the sales assistant dropped another 5%.

They tried to call and price match the Myer quote, but no-one answered the phone!

HN at Chadstone had removed the price ticket from their demo LX508.

Sales girl price matched the Myer quote less $50, ie. $5800, which I took without further haggling (I was too tired after driving around all morning and the price was close enough) :D

mistered

Wow - . So whats the best price we have had on the Kuro so far? I got $4100 from a JB hi fi in melboure. There ticket price was $4400, but i advised digital centre had it for $4400 with a $300 cashback offer. JB matched it - with all those added benefits of free delivery, set up and HDMI cables thrown in.

Is that the best we have so far?

Thanks for the recce nova.

I did a drive around this morning for an LX508...

Good Guys dont stock Pioneer.

DJs at The Glen had the LX508 at $7999, less 10%. When I asked for a quote the sales assistant dropped another 5%.

They tried to call and price match the Myer quote, but no-one answered the phone!

HN at Chadstone had removed the price ticket from their demo LX508.

Sales girl price matched the Myer quote less $50, ie. $5800, which I took without further haggling (I was too tired after driving around all morning and the price was close enough) :D

mistered

I would ring up the retailer and ask nicely for an equivalent reduction in price as the RRP seeing as they could not supply the panel on the spot. Argue that you haven't got your panel yet and that you can now get it elsewhere much cheaper. If they are interesetd in keeping your business, I am sure they will offer something acceptable to both parties
Thanks for the suggestion! I actually contacted Pio this morning, and they even gave me some bargaining advice including what the stock price is vs the "go" price. So I took both advices and followed up with Bing Lee Rhodes, who agreed to refund $600 off what I paid (which makes it competitive with the quotes kindly listed by nova).

In the end I could've dug deeper but given the extra administrative burden for BL I thought not to be too greedy.

Now there's just the waiting to deal with!

Hello.

So what did they say the stock price was and also the "go" price?

I was looking at the Panasonic PZ700 50" but now being swayed by the Pioneer PDP LX508A though keen to find out what the pricing is. It seems that the difference between Panasonic and Pioneer is about $1500???

JB Hifi at Bondi in Sydney on Xmas Eve had the 50" Pioneer ticketed as $7999 and the Panasonic as just under $4000. Huge difference

Alan

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually contacted Pio this morning, and they even gave me some bargaining advice including what the stock price is vs the "go" price. So I took both advices and followed up with Bing Lee Rhodes, who agreed to refund $600 off what I paid (which makes it competitive with the quotes kindly listed by nova).

when we got our plasma we had several stores say that they could not match HN on price.

I would say that the more a store sells the lowere their cost price is, Hn was $480 cheaper than goodguys on a panasonic we were thinking about, then they droped 1200 off the retail on a pioneer 43 inch after we told themn teh price joyce main could do, the sales gut just said yep we will beat them no worries, went to teh comp and dropped a further $150 off Joyce mains ( buy it now no leaving the store price).

I have never seen a store beat HN, on price....

Hello.

I was looking at the Panasonic PZ700 50" but now being swayed by the Pioneer PDP LX508A though keen to find out what the pricing is. It seems that the difference between Panasonic and Pioneer is about $1500???

Actually the price difference is around $2500.

Hello.

He said the "go" price was $6499 and the stock price was around $5300. Although I've noted someone getting a quote for $5500 from HN on here which would make for a slim margin so I'm wondering now...

denere? the stock price was $5300 on the pioneer LX508a?? that means wholesale price? so any place getting it at $5300 probably wont mind dropping to $5400? or $5450 if they arent loosing money on it..

dan

He said the "go" price was $6499 and the stock price was around $5300. Although I've noted someone getting a quote for $5500 from HN on here which would make for a slim margin so I'm wondering now...

LX608A

$8999 from HN (indicative price from sales person).

$10000 from Big Picture (indicative price from sales person).

LX508A

$5849.1 from Myer (price after 10% discount). Didn't ask whether further discounts are possible.

$5699 from HN (best price from sales person).

$5700 from Big Picture (best price from sales person).

JB is not able to match HN's price. When I told sales person HN's price, he asked a senior sales person, and latter commented "get me one".

508XDA

$4499.1 from Myer (price after 10% discount).

$4233 from JB (price on tag).

428XDA

$3795 from Big Picture (price on tag).

$3824.13 from Myer (price after 10% discount).

$3852 from JB (price on tag).

Can confirm the Myer price for the LX50 of $5850 on the Gold Coast. HN would not match this, only came down to $7000