Sign in to follow this  
oliverg

G90s

Gentlemen, I've decided to sell my beloved G90s. I'm not getting out of CRT, I just need to clear up room until I move again.

Right now, I have a G90 sitting in the kitchen and another in the lounge room.. people keep stubbing their toes and cursing!

Once I move into my own place again, I'll buy two more :)

You've all probably know the saga I've had getting these machines here!! I'll give you a quick re-cap on them.

G90 number 1 is called Romulus

G90 number 2 is called Remus

Don't laugh, its true.

Romulus has 300 hours on him. He is "new" - when his case is opened, the new Sony G90 smell washes all over you! It had a problem in the deflection circuitry that has since been repaired.

This is as good as you can expect a 300 hour machine to be.

Remus has just over 5000 hours. He had a green and blue tube replaced 900 hours ago. There is very very slight wear on them. I would rate them at 8.5. THe previous owner had them replaced @ 690 hours if you all recall the thread on AVS.

Most of the 5000 hours are standby hours. Curt tells me this is normal for G90s.

I have ordered two new Dallas (IC333) chips and I can have these fitted if you want. They are the later revision 1245Ys which a HP tech has told me should last 40 years.

Each comes with its own trolley tray to help moving around. One has a standard Sony CRT factory mount.

I also have two new DVI cards (John's) which come with.. and can be fitted if you so desire.

Both machines can be seen working although I only have a wall to project on - the rooms in this house aren't big enough for the minimum throw on the 10F lenses. (Although you can look through the lenses and see everything functioning normally)

I am bed-ridden 22-24 hours of each day. Getting up to talk to prospective buyers is a big deal to me! Please don't say you're interested just to come and take a look at them if you don't intend to purchase. I've had so many tirekickers come for the Vision 1 - even one guy who bounced a cheque on me and lost me the sale to another guy who wanted to argue that a cheque isn't a deposit until it clears!! (turns out he was right though!)

I will throw in a 92" screen as well. Matte white, pull-down. (I got a bunch from Dream - they are quite good for what they are)

OK pricing wise: $8500 US for the 300 hour Romulus, $7500 US for Remus. OR .. the deal of the century: Both for $15000 US.

I have the shipping documents I paid $2400 for freight and GST - each! No, I wasn't ripped off - there are new shipping laws in the US that mean exporting from the US costs alot more than it did before October 30 this year. If you buy off someone like Terry who is "known" to the TSA and a business, you might be able to get them here for just over half that. If you're an individual buying from another individual, costs have doubled. Also many freight agents wont handle individuals anymore as the insurance costs are too high.

Anyway, if anyone is interested - let me know. I'm putting them on eBay soon.

Kind regards

Edited by oliverg

Fabulous gear for sale Oliverq - especially for Australia

Sorry to hear about your health issues - hope you feel better soon

Sadly I do not have the room to house these - they are going to make somebody very happy

Any body want to buy a kidney or a liver?.............Anyone? :unsure:

Fabulous gear for sale Oliverq - especially for Australia

Sorry to hear about your health issues - hope you feel better soon

Sadly I do not have the room to house these - they are going to make somebody very happy

Thank you kind sir :)

Oh Huggy, two kidneys and you have a deal?

Edited by oliverg

Thank you kind sir :)

Oh Huggy, two kidneys and you have a deal?

I need one,however I'll give you one of my testicles if I can find where my wife put them :blush:

Good luck on your sale mate. I would but I need to save for my vacation in Feb, plus I already have 3 minty 9"ers. ;)

If you happen to have Romulus after March I'll likely take him.

Hey, I might be interested in the newer bulbed one, which state/city are you in?

Thanks

Good luck on your sale mate. I would but I need to save for my vacation in Feb, plus I already have 3 minty 9"ers. ;)

If you happen to have Romulus after March I'll likely take him.

You really are a gentleman Gino.

If you do really want him, I'd be happy to put him aside for you.

Having a real G90 instead of a pair of artificial ones is a real step up! ;) (hehehehehe!)

Where are you going on your holiday?

Huggy: Thanks for the offer mate, but having three testicles might be hard to explain. "There was this one time... at CRT camp..."

Racerz: I'm in Melbourne Victoria. When you say "newer bulbed one" do you mean the 300 hour (Romulus) that Gino might want, or Remus? The one with the 2 relatively new tubes?

Also, to anyone who is a DTV member, I'm willing to let the Vision 1 go for $5900.

Lastly, I hope everyone is having a great Christmas. Happy New Year to you all! :)

Kind regards

You really are a gentleman Gino.

If you do really want him, I'd be happy to put him aside for you.

Having a real G90 instead of a pair of artificial ones is a real step up! ;) (hehehehehe!)

Hehe, I was actually going to see if a minty G90 could keep up at 1080p72! :blink:

What ever the motivation Gino, I understand :)

I wont be at all suprised if I come up one day to find you've bought two G90s and put them in Marquee cases -- "see, see how good my marquees are??"

I wont be at all suprised if I come up one day to find you've bought two G90s and put them in Marquee cases -- "see, see how good my marquees are??"

Hehe, good one Oliver... only if that did ever happen it would be because the G90's got envious of my marquee's ;):P

Well ... circumstances outside my control means I have to sell these two machines.

Subsequently, I'm open to any reasonable offers

I'll let them BOTH go for 12k US (that's 3k off my last post)

Pickup is possible in Melbourne, or I can arrange freight at your cost. You are also welcome to use your own freight company.

I wont be making a profit on freight and will provide the receipt from freight company.

If they aren't sold, I'll put them on eBay [edit] I have put the 300 hour machine on eBay and AVS

Kind regards

Edited by oliverg

Oliver, see your PM, I still want Romulus at least, still considering the other.

Gino; please don't ever ask me to help you move house! :lol:

mmm... if I get both, that makes it 5 9" machines, almost half a tonne! Then there's the massive pair of Atlantis subwoofers too ;)

I got your PM Gino, I sent an email to the address you supplied with pics of the 2nd units tube faces and the trolley

I've got 4 people interested right now (in both) , whoever comes up with the cash first :)

(except: I'll give Gino a day or so to think about it as I have offered him a special deal. After that, all bets are off.)

I do like the idea that NE Qld will have 95% of the CRT performance index in Australia!

Edited by oliverg

Gino, I've just sent you an email - I couldn't wait any longer. I'm blown away by just how much interest there has been

Romulus has been sold.

Remus is still up for sale.

I have someone who says he is interested but so far no deposit. Make me an offer or $5000 AUD secures the sale. That's $4500 US - I'm making a significant loss on it. It cost me 5k US + 2k shipping + 500 GST - I still have all the paperwork.

If anyone wants to import one - that's about as cheap as it will get - over 3k US off

That's a whole lot of PJ performance for $5k :D Someone will get a bargain... If only i already had my dedicated room i would beef up the ceiling supports and enjoy some real high end performance... except I'm not spending money right now :(

Thanks everyone - both PJs are sold. Congratulations to the new owners :) (for privacy reasons I can't disclose their idents)

Thanks everyone - both PJs are sold. Congratulations to the new owners :) (for privacy reasons I can't disclose their idents)

Well done, great pjs, fab pricing, happy new owners I am sure!!

Glad you were able to find good homes for them Oliver. I considered buying both to replace my two NEC 8" CRT Projectors. But I decided it wasn't worth the ear bashing I would cop from She Who Must Be Obeyed.

By the way I'm not running blended or stacked projectors. One is a spare. My screen is bright enough without adding another projector.