Sign in to follow this  
jd71

Samsung P9 (ps50p91fdx) Owners Thread

keep pushing them mate

it's the only way (painful as it is!)

I have one of the units I no longer use. I purchased it in November 2007. It has not been used in over a year, and has no problems like sparkles or buzzing.

How much do you think it's worth if I was to sell it ?

Edited by rhodesy101

Last week I finally got a replacement for my ps50p91fdx.

I ended up having to write up a 3 A4 page complaint email addressed to the VOC manager to get a resolution. I had an issue where I logged the fault before the manufacturer's warranty expired but, over the period of six months when they were attempting to repair it the warranty expired. After the four repair attempts it was escalated to samsung VOC but they claimed it was not a manufacturer's warranty issue but extended warranty.

I spoke with extended warranty people and they wanted to start the repair process all over again as they don't count repair attempts during the manufacturer's warranty period as part of their four attempts no lemon clause. So frustrating!!

So two weeks after I sent the email Samsung called and told me I would be given a series 6 50" replacement, which has arrived. I asked if I could get an LED TV instead but they weren't going to have a bar of it. The samsung repairers kept the old TV.

Took a good six months for the whole thing to resolve.

Edited by WalamusPrime

Hi all,

I would like some advice...I think the extended warrarnty ppl might be trying to rip me off.

My Samsung plasma ps50p91fdx was getting lots of green and red dots in dark areas and the TV was two and a half years old but I have extended warranty with the good guys. They use a company called Horizon five. After picking up my TV a month ago they have finally told me it's too expensive to repair and have told me a little rudely that I have no choice in what TV they replace it with as long as it is similar in quality. The guy told me I have a PS50C550GI waiting at the store and they dont provide delivery and it was my problem how to get it home... WTF!?!

Then the store called me and advised that I have a voucher for the total of $1061 to get a replacement TV. My question is can I really get a similar replacement TV for $1061? Or are they ripping me off? This TV cost me $3089 with extended warranty two and a half years ago. Doesnt seem right ?

If this is right, can someone advise what the best TV would be to go for with this money (doesnt have to be Samsung)? by the way the room I will be watching this TV in is sometimes a little bright and I believe my previous TV had some kind of antiglare coating.

I will go for @ least 50 inch, but if not too much more, may go larger.

oh and if its not right and they are ripping me off, what TV`s are comparable and how much SHOULD they be giving me?

Edited by kormart

For $1300 you can pick up a top of the line Samsung 50" C7000 plasma ($1800 for 58"). I would be arguing the point that the replacement TV has to be a Samsung as that is what you bought and what you were insuring against for extended warranty - not any LG or any other brand.

If they argue, ring the Dept of Fair Trading or equivalent in your state and get some assistance. The warranty company is not doing the right thing.

Finally had closure with my 3 month long extended warranty claim today - ended up getting paid out for it.

The extended warranty people have been pretty good about it all - had 3 service visits before they identified the panel needed to be replaced (green + red sparkles as usual) which was quoted at ~$1200. But Samsung had no stock available worldwide so they tried to put it back on Samsung to provide a replacement TV. After a few weeks of messing around with incorrect models numbers, no responses from Samsung the extended warranty company decided to replace it with a Samsung Series 5.

Next problem was the warehouse they do their purchasing from didnt have any stock of the S5 or S6, so tried to upgrade me to an S7 for an extra $600!! Obviously I turned that down and asked for a payout instead...they agreed to $1090 so I've just returned from my local Good Guys purchasing a new Series 7 for $1199. Was a very long and often frustrating experience, but a good result in the end - very happy! :)

green sparkles now appearing on my samsung which makes it hard to watch. its almost 3 years old so the warranty has expired. poor timing as funds to get a replacement are pretty thin.

bugger :angry:

Edited by bensl

For the first time ever, I used HDMI on my P91 today. A PS3 hooked up and running 1080P mode.

When the Ps3 starts up, I'm getting flashing horizontal white staticky bars. This seems to go away after a little while, but it comes back now and then.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? I've heard of a white dot issue - that sounds kind of similar but not really the same?

I will be trying a different HDMI cable soon to see if it's the culprit.

Previously to this I've always used component (via an xbox 360) and have had 1080P over that just fine.

I am looking at buying a new Samsung 8000 series 64 inch to replace my Fujitus P50XHA40 50inch plasmavision which I got in 2005

Is the Samsung likely to be a better picture quality? I know the specs are better but that doesnt mean a better picture and the Fuji has an outstanding picture.

Any thoughts are appreciated

This is a very unusual and unrelated thread to ask your question but yes the 8000 is well ahead of the old Fujitsu.

This is a very unusual and unrelated thread to ask your question but yes the 8000 is well ahead of the old Fujitsu.

Thanks - for some reason I was not able to post a new topic I will try again.

I believe you need to have 5 posts before you can start a thread mate, you are nearly there. ;)

I believe you need to have 5 posts before you can start a thread mate, you are nearly there. ;)

Oh OK thanks Owen, I did a bit of a search but wasnt sure why that was the case, but now I know!

Thanks for the Help, this seems like a great forum.