Samsung P9 (ps50p91fdx) Owners Thread

Sounds like we are in the exact same boat mate. The sparkles did happen straight away on the menu screen before a picture came up on mine too. I'm just wondering which model they will give us as a replacement... Probably the series 5. TBH I'd rather a refund for what I paid (bout $2600).

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audi...b=specification

it won't be the series 5 as someone on here got replaced with the new slim series 8 PS50B850 i will not except anything less then this cause i paid $3k plus $200 for extended warranty as well.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it won't be the series 5 as someone on here got replaced with the new slim series 8 PS50B850 i will not except anything less then this cause i paid $3k plus $200 for extended warranty as well.

Yeah fair enough. I just noticed a page or two back someone got the 8 series 850. That would make a nice upgrade, I wonder if there's any room to upgrade to a larger size if we offer to pay the difference...

Update:

after buck passing around Samsung VOC has received the report and i sent them my invoice the other day, i called up before and they said the case is waiting on management approval. They mentioned i should get a call in the next couples of days. Hopefully this will be over soon!

My extended warranty insurance company didnt even bother to come onsite.

They determined the fault was too expensive to fixed and offered me a Series 4 Samsung.

Yes like I am not going to notice the inferior resolution.

Back in your court lads, try harder this time.

Spec-wise the ps50p91fdx is equivalent to the series 5 (series 5 having a better picture), but price-wise what we paid for at the time is more equivalent to a 7 series.

Someone here got an 8 series for a replacement, but the 8 series is a bit older now. I think the latest 7 series are the top notch ones. Anyone actually know how the samsung series works?

Accepted the Series 5 as a replacement, got the Samsung free Bluray "home theatre" package thrown in, extended warranty for $169 and delivery.

Im a happy camper.

what do they do with your old tv? you get to keep it or someone comes and pick it up?

That remains to be answered, but I am not going to ask.

The final settlement states it becomes the property of Easicare.

I live over 100k's from their repairer so I dont think they will bother.....

The repairer said the fix is very very expensive and he wasnt going to be coming onsite to quote it.

everyone else that got theirs replaced or refunded do they take the TV back? Samsung VOC is farqing me around again! now they're saying it was out of warranty but i made the claim before warranty expired and out of goodwill they're gonna take the cost of the parts? but they have came out 5 times to fix it already!! they're are truly bad with information.

everyone else that got theirs replaced or refunded do they take the TV back? Samsung VOC is farqing me around again! now they're saying it was out of warranty but i made the claim before warranty expired and out of goodwill they're gonna take the cost of the parts? but they have came out 5 times to fix it already!! they're are truly bad with information.

Why/how did you get VOC involved? Isn't VOC only for when you file a complaint?

It may just be a matter of calling them up and speaking to someone different until you get someone who has a clue.

Why/how did you get VOC involved? Isn't VOC only for when you file a complaint?

It may just be a matter of calling them up and speaking to someone different until you get someone who has a clue.

VOC is the voice of concern department or resolutions. They decide if you get replacement, refund etc..

they are truly the worst, i spent over an hour on the phone with them back and fourth, they were suppose to contact me COB today in regards to a replacement have not heard anything since.

mine is getting serviced next Tuesday - 8/6 (by the extended warranty people)

they're coming on site, and apparently i don't even need to take the TV off the wall?

will keep you posted

i'm really crossing my fingers for a refund!!!

cheers

mine is getting serviced next Tuesday - 8/6 (by the extended warranty people)

they're coming on site, and apparently i don't even need to take the TV off the wall?

will keep you posted

i'm really crossing my fingers for a refund!!!

cheers

Is this being service from a Samsung repair tech or extended warranty tech?

see bold bit above ;)

my tv got repaired on Tue

they came to my house, took TV off wall, replaced "main board" and put the whole shebang back on the wall

the tv seemed to work fine for a couple of hours

then the white dots started coming back :angry2:

however, when i went to get my camera to take photos/video, they disappeared again?

i'm not holding high hopes on the "repair" fixing the problem

this is the third time this things been repaired, so if it happens again, it's either refund/new tv time :)

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for a resolution.

Repair agent claim the part for the third repair attempt will arrive tomorrow, whilst samsung are still awaiting the repair report before they will look at other options.

Samsung called them up and are getting them to send in the report anyways, will see what that leads to.

I made the original warranty call in March.

so my TV got "repaired" 8/6/10 by Marks Electronics ( http://www.markselectronics.com.au/index.php ), but i suspect it was sub contracted to a Sydney repairer

my issue was with the white dots on HDMI inputs.

the issue returned, and my extended warranty people (Product Cover) have a "no lemon" clause, which suggests that if your product breaks after 3 repairs, you're entitled to a new product (or refund i think).

my TV had previously been repaired twice under warranty, of which i now have the service receipts.

so i called Product Cover, and they have told me that since the third fault is re-appearing, it's classed as a recall of that third repair and not classed as a fourth repair (and thus the "no lemon" clause is not activated)

this is BS

i think i'm going to try and reason with Product Cover, then Samsung, then it's time for NSW Fair Trading

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/default.html

this is beyond a joke now

I hate to be the voice of doom but if anyone reading this has any kind (or colour) of pixels dancing around the screen it appears that there is no fix. Your only option is to go through the painful experience of letting Samsung or your extended warranty people "try" and fix the problem over a series of months and then push for a refund or replacement. Not one person seems to have been given a fix that worked !

Sure, a Google search will lead you to believe that this is a common problem to do with voltage and boards etc. but this problem on this model seems to be an exception and unfixable.

Be vigilant and don't let them keep trying to fix it wasting their money and your time :excl:

Your only option is to go through the painful experience of letting Samsung or your extended warranty people "try" and fix the problem over a series of months and then push for a refund or replacement.

This is exactly why I bought a projector before they came to take my TV away. I knew I would struggle without a TV for even a week, it's been two and a half months now. I spent $1700 on a PJ and love it so much I actually don't know what to do with the TV if they end up giving me a replacement. A refund would be nice but, how do they calculate the refund? the amount I originally spent?

so my TV got "repaired" 8/6/10 by Marks Electronics ( http://www.markselectronics.com.au/index.php ), but i suspect it was sub contracted to a Sydney repairer

my issue was with the white dots on HDMI inputs.

the issue returned, and my extended warranty people (Product Cover) have a "no lemon" clause, which suggests that if your product breaks after 3 repairs, you're entitled to a new product (or refund i think).

my TV had previously been repaired twice under warranty, of which i now have the service receipts.

so i called Product Cover, and they have told me that since the third fault is re-appearing, it's classed as a recall of that third repair and not classed as a fourth repair (and thus the "no lemon" clause is not activated)

this is BS

i think i'm going to try and reason with Product Cover, then Samsung, then it's time for NSW Fair Trading

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/default.html

this is beyond a joke now

so i'm in negotiations with the extended warranty people now

when they came and looked at the tv today, they have now decided that the panel needs replacing (last time they replaced the main board?)

they've asked me to fax them proof of the other repairs, and they'll see what they can do

crossing my fingers!!!

cheers

I have just had one of these Plasma's given to me, the Y Main board is shot, not sure what other damage has occurred yet. I have had a quick look at the buffer boards but can not see the chips due to heatsinks, perhaps there is a way to check them with a meter for shorts. Has anyone else had this happen or can shed some light on what to look for. Also looking for service manual, if any one has one that has a broken screen I would be interested in buying it for parts.

Edited by Garyho

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had one of these Plasma's given to me, the Y Main board is shot, not sure what other damage has occurred yet. I have had a quick look at the buffer boards but can not see the chips due to heatsinks, perhaps there is a way to check them with a meter for shorts. Has anyone else had this happen or can shed some light on what to look for. Also looking for service manual, if any one has one that has a broken screen I would be interested in buying it for parts.

I have successfully fixed mine. I got a YMAIN board through Ebay from USA, the board is S/H and cost just over $100 delivered. This model has many parts in common with the USA model FP-T5084, not sure about main logic board but signal board is definitely different, the rest is the same.

i've been offered a 5 series as a replacement

i can upgrade to 6 series for $150 or 7 series for $512 (both 1 year warranty)

extended warranty is +2 years $149, +4 years $299

dunno what to do???

thinking upgrade to 7 series, lol

EDIT - the extended warranty people also haven't said anything about taking the old TV away :)

Edited by Stooge007

If the insurance company is IUG (Easicare) they leave the old TV with you.

My old one is working fine, but for a few green dots in the kids loungeroom.

Go for the series 7 mate. Its a far superior TV than the series 5.

no, it was Product Cover (purchased from Myer)

i'm not going to chase them up to come pick it up :)

mine still kind of works fine, except for the white dot issue, but you barely notice it 80% of the time (unless you're looking for it)

i think i'm going to upgrade, the 3D and PVR is probly worth $500 to me

cheers :)

50" 7 series gets delivered tomorrow

opted for +4 years warranty

hope it all goes well :)

cheers

EDIT - moral of the story is you have to keep pushing your warranty/extended warranty providers. it takes some time, but it's worth it in the end. so keep pestering them!

Edited by Stooge007

I'm still waiting for a resolution.

Repair agent claim the part for the third repair attempt will arrive tomorrow, whilst samsung are still awaiting the repair report before they will look at other options.

Samsung called them up and are getting them to send in the report anyways, will see what that leads to.

I made the original warranty call in March.

So I never got a call from Samsung. The repair agent did finally say my TV was repaired though and I got it back on monday. As soon as we turned it on it was sparkling pixels. To top that it now has a really annoying buzz that gets louder the brighter the picture is, (the result being a constantly changing pitched buzz).

Called Samsung support today, they said a tech would have to come around and have a look so they can send them a repair report.... WTF??? they should have three of these from them already!?

I try to explain that they should have three reports for the three repair attempts they've made, and if samsung's repair agent isn't doing their job properly then I shouldn't have to hassle them. I get annoyed when they tell me I have to call the repair agent and get them to fax the repair report in with the reference number (they do this every single time I call).

Guy put's me on hold and emails the resolution guys, tells me he'll call me back when he gets a response.

Still doing this silly dance.

edit: Out of interest the ACCC site has a good guideline for how to make a complaint. http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml...x=12&Go.y=5

Edited by WalamusPrime