Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in IT and having a wife that works for the ATO - i don't think i can claim this TV. Not sure how you can claim this even at 50%

Unless if your blind and needs a big monitor to see.

The size of the TV/monitor should be irrelevant to the ATO if it is used at all for business purposes.

you could actually purchase it and put it in a waiting room and it would still be claimable.

The ATO cannot tell you what size monitor you can or cannot have, but you will have to justify it's use for business to make a claim.

Just bought a Bravia 46" X-series, Cheers 2 the dude who posted the DickSmith Powerhouse Catalogue because I used it to bargain down Good Guys, Then JB, then back to good guys!lol. Finally got it to $3250 - Goodguys 5yr warranty is expensive, anyway, it was 3250 + 350 for: Warranty+HomeDelivery(Hour+1/2 away) and also got them to chuck in a HDMI cable bcos someone else wrote on here the Sony Playstation doesnt come with one, Which was awesome, thanks mate.

Anyway, this will prob be my last post as I was happy with the price and dont want to see it beaten by like 300 lol. Cathya!

P.S They might go bit lower early next year I reckon, with the new 3rd generation being shipped!

Hey Miles

Great price. I have been shopping around for a Bravia 46" x and best price found is $3500 from Good guys in Bayswater. Are you able to send me a copy of receipt so I can also obtain this price. Happy to say buy a HDMI cable for you in return as this will save me $. Cheers

Hi Guys,

Any receipts on W series 40 inch Sony. I have been quoted $2200 only if I take the warranty, if someone in Victoria wants to buy with me then we can negotiate more.

Let me know as I am getting mine this weekend

Bye

Reggy

For those wanting a receipt for the 46x, this may help your bargaining

http://i2.tinypic.com/6sqdugj.jpg ($3250)

Once again if anyone's got any receipts they want uploaded so everyone can use, email them to me: jblmcc(AT)gmail.com :rolleyes:

$150 for a surge protector! Phwoar.

Anyone wanting to buy surge protection should read this article.

http://www.dansdata.com/gz039.htm

It ends:

The take-home message from all of this is that quality power filtering isn't cheap. Fortunately, though, most people here in Australia don't need quality power filtering. To Aussies, I therefore say: Go ahead and buy dirt cheap no-CEW filter-boards, and be merry.
Hi Guys,

Any receipts on W series 40 inch Sony. I have been quoted $2200 only if I take the warranty, if someone in Victoria wants to buy with me then we can negotiate more.

Let me know as I am getting mine this weekend

Bye

Reggy

Hi reggy, may I know which store quoted you that price?

I'm assuming $2200 is before the warranty? After would be like 2500ish right?

Hi Guys,

I purchased my Sony 46" XBR from JB HiFi Miranda only a couple of weeks prior to the bonus PS3 offer coming out.

I am very disappointed that I am missing out so I have sent an email letter sent to Sony expressing my discouragement and loss considering I own many other Sony products and am a avid gamer.

To try and avoid this I was wondering if anyone out there who has purchased the same model HDTV as me to forward on their receipt I will sincerely and very much appreciate it :)

Please PM me for my email address details.

Cheers,

Adrian

Edited by cheekyage
hey guys, looking at a 40" X, what are the best prices people are getting? was offered 2800 at clive peters dandenong. any help appreciated.

Hey mate, did u ask about a 46" while you were there, how much ? thats a pretty decent price - who did u speak to ?

jimbo, didn't ask about the 46. was looking at the 42" full hd panasonic plasma. took in a receipt received on this this forum for 2086, they didn't match it but offered 2300. then asked about the sony. spoke to a woman there but didn't get a card or anything. was on a sat.

think i will just wait until i can get the pana plasma for 2000. can just buy a ps3 after that anyway.

I'm looking at the Bravia X series 46". Did a bit of checking around Canberra :

( went in to bat with a receipted price of $3250 )

- Good Guys (Tuggeranong) : Was told the lowest they could go $3600 and that if I could get it for $3250 then to buy it. I said I would and moved on.

- Myers (Tuggeranong) : Willing to price-match, no problem (Noticed they had a X3100 40" for a ticket price of $3300 reduced for their sale). Wouldn't budge on 5 yr warranty of $499. Moved on.

- JBHI (Woden) : Wasn't keen on the price but would pricematch. To be fair - none of the people I spoke with were keen on the price.

I asked for 5yr warranty + HDMI cable (these retail for $50/$99 1.5/3mtr) + Delivery ($50) for $350 : No go. Plus they wouldn't have any 46" in stock till February.

- HN (Fyshwick) : Best option : $3250 pricematch. 5yr warranty for $299. Panels in stock.

Think I'll be visiting HN tomorrow.

Edited by zoonimal

Just got home with my new toy.

KDL40XBR

4 year extended warranty, takes it up to 5 years.

$3360.00

XBR $3021.00

Warr $ 339.00

--------------------

$3360.00

--------------------

--------------------

Happy Camper :D

Where ????

Clive Peters Ringwood

Brand new, unopenned

Go see James. They have 2 40XBR's left (not floor stock!) and I asked him if he'd mind if I posted this and used his name as a reference.

No stock of 40X3100, however he said stock is coming in next week, just check.

Sorry have no scanner available for receipt.

Me one happy Sony-ite !!!

P.S. Thanks to the missus for allowing funds to go through - aint she the best ! :wub:

Like Ravencsr, I just got back from getting my new 40XBR

After at least 6 months of trawling through these (and other) forums, I finally purchased :)

Price:

40XBR - $3010.00

Warr - $339.00 (wouldn't budge on the warr)

No X's left, but a couple of XBR's - JB-HiFi North Ryde. Daniel is the man.

Gotta say, this kind of forum is great for getting a decent price. Thanks to all those who have posted prices and info about this - Knowledge is power B)

I have scanned the receipt.

Urban.

Edited by UrbanCowboy
Like Ravencsr, I just got back from getting my new 40XBR

After at least 6 months of trawling through these (and other) forums, I finally purchased :)

Price:

40XBR - $3010.00

Warr - $339.00 (wouldn't budge on the warr)

No X's left, but a couple of XBR's - JB-HiFi North Ryde. Daniel is the man.

Gotta say, this kind of forum is great for getting a decent price. Thanks to all those who have posted prices and info about this - Knowledge is power B)

I have scanned the receipt.

Urban.

Well done Urban. Would you mind sending the scanned receipt my way at xdaminime2006@gmail.com Thanks

Forgot to say - just to draw the curtain back on these panels...

46" X3100 wholesale goes for :

Minimum of 3 = $3084

50+ = $2700.

Keep that in mind when someone tells you $3250 is below cost.

Wow, good stuff zoonimal. Can I ask where you got those figures from? Or will you have to shoot me after? :)

Got any figures for a 40X and 40W?

Hey lads,

posted this another thread but this is probably the better one for it..

bought a 40 inch XBR from Good guys for 3500.

Then i did my research and have seen guys here who have got em for 3200 and less??

I went and spoke to the bloke and good guys and he said if I can produce a receipt proving it he will look after me.

So can anyone email me a receipt for a 40 inch XBR. This has nothing to do with the free PS3 deal (already submitted my details hehehe) so any date on the receipt is fine.. im just trying to get a little cash back or store credit.

blobby_fat@hotmail.com

Anything lower than 3500 but if someone with a 3200 or less could help me out, i shall be indeed in debt to them :)

Looking forward to being a solid contributor for this forum...

now im off to read the thread about what the best settings for my tv shold be :D

Cheers all.

S.

Edited by DontUhatePants
Far out, they sure have come down.

I can smell a group buy...

hehe... those wholesale prices were sourced from DSE.

I walked in to a DSE here and asked for their best price. Was told they were getting 50 in next week, I said; that's great - it'll cost you $2700. What's the best price you can do for me. The guy just laughed and said they were costing them $3400 each for 50 and their ticket price is over $4k. Roffle.

Knowledge is power.

I'm heading in to HN tonight to purchase one. Looking at $3250 for the 46" X3100 - $299 for 5yr warranty and I'll just snap up an HDMI cable while I'm there. If I can get all that for $3600 on interest free terms and drive away with the panel I'll be happy.

Any last words of advice before I jump in with both feet ?

I walked in to a DSE here and asked for their best price. Was told they were getting 50 in next week, I said; that's great - it'll cost you $2700. What's the best price you can do for me. The guy just laughed and said they were costing them $3400 each for 50 and their ticket price is over $4k. Roffle.

Knowledge is power.

I'm heading in to HN tonight to purchase one. Looking at $3250 for the 46" X3100 - $299 for 5yr warranty and I'll just snap up an HDMI cable while I'm there. If I can get all that for $3600 on interest free terms and drive away with the panel I'll be happy.

im almost 100% sure they wont sell it for $3250 on interest free terms plus im pretty sure HN do their extended warranties on the bravias at 10% on sell price.

i hope you do get it for that price and if you do send the receipt my way ill snap it up too but so far best ive found on interest free has been $3600 for tv alone plus $350 for extra 4 year warranty.

Merchant interest with Ge credit line is close to 7% and over 25 months its almost 14.2% so im feeling they will add that onto the $3250 to find a reasonable sale price. which makes my $3600 cheap!

Good luck dude and let us know how you go.

Edited by ktrainau

Knowledge is power.

That would be awesome deal if you could get hold of it for that price. Infact, you would break the title record for this forum topic :-) Anyways, good luck with it and let us know. Can you also please send me the scanned receipt to reynoldspecial at gmail.com

And to everyone else in this forum. This is a great and helpful community and I just want to thank everyone here for their contributions. Now this is what I call a Buyer's market !

Reynold

Edited by reynold
Cheers Zoo. Ill be using the POWAH of the receipt...

I used it yesterday at JB on the Gold Coast and they matched it - My 46x cost me $3250 plus $250 for 4 years warranty. They cant deliver until end Jan/early Feb but the PS3 deadline ios now 10 March

WHAT: KDL46XBR

WHEN: 5/01/2008

WHERE: The Good Guys, Brighton, Victoria [salesman: Dean Glew]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 2yr extended warranty and delivery ($3838)

TV - $3600

2 Yr Warranty - $200

Delivery $38

DELIVERY: Got delivered 2 hours after puchase :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I live approx 30 mins away from Brighton

MAILED: Not yet, will do this tomorrow.

Cheers

Xan

Hey,

great price. Was going there this weekend to buy an X, but for that price, may just get the XBR. Any chance of sending a copy of your receipt for a price match?.

zebbyafonso@gmail.com

Thanking you

Hi guys, anyone have any luck finding/obtaining a receipt for an excellently priced KDL40W3100 yet (Melb, VIC)?

I'm also looking for a receipt for a KDL40W3100. It doesn't have to be from Melbourne but that would be a plus. I went back and forth from JB and Good Guys and they said $2400 with the standard 1 year warranty. That price would be fine if it included more warranty.

Edited by Rex Nebular

Hi all,

I should have read this forum before done the shopping.

Anyway, on thursday, i went to jb hifi (elizebeth street) in melbourne, and got qouted for 46XBR of $3980. I didn't take it, becuase it was the first shop. Then nn hour later, I rang back to make the deposit, it sold and according to the saleman, gotta wait for another 2 weeks or so. Then i called up Sony Central, JB Hifi in Highpoint, in watergarden, and they all outof stock and their price was along the sameline. I went to goodguy in watergarden and got it qouted for $3800, and i was very happy, but then after compared with X3100, the only difference\ is the stainless steel look, so i decided to choose the model X3100, which got it for $3550, and i was very happy then. But after visit this forum, now i felt a bit dissapointed. I will go back to morrow to see if i can get the hdmi cable for softer price.

Hi Guys, I think I have the best price ever in W series 40 inch from Harvey Norman as I happened to see the real cost price not the one they show us.

The price I got te masterpiece yesterday was 2200.00, I also had 4 years additional warranty for 235.00. This is great.

If anyone interested let me know and I can press the right nerves and get you a deal from HN or JB Hi Fi. Have to be quick as JB has no stock and HN had some yesterday

Hi Guys, I think I have the best price ever in W series 40 inch from Harvey Norman as I happened to see the real cost price not the one they show us.

The price I got te masterpiece yesterday was 2200.00, I also had 4 years additional warranty for 235.00. This is great.

If anyone interested let me know and I can press the right nerves and get you a deal from HN or JB Hi Fi. Have to be quick as JB has no stock and HN had some yesterday

Hi reggy,

Can you please email me the receipt ? tommyj123 AT gmail.com

Thanks heaps!