Sign in to follow this  
nova

Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

Rick Hart - Osborne Park, WA

52" XBR - 5106

3.7M HDMI cable - 150

4 year extended warranty - 449 (might be where they make their money)

Delivery - 45

Arrived one week after order

No dead pixels I can see

WHAT: KDL46XBR

WHEN: 21/01/2008

WHERE: JB HiFI, MacGregor, QLD

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty and delivery and Installation ($3900)

TV - $3500

4 yr extended Warranty - $325

Delivery and Installation $75

Edited by genieyeh

46" X for $3000 Myer Cairns

Hi Orican

I would also like a copy of the scanned receipt/invoice if you dont mind. Pls send to: soccer_daemon@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot mate!

SD

Hey guys,

Bought a 52x3100 last Friday for $5000 deliveried from Radio Rentals Adelaide (instock), delivery will be done on Tuesday and I am quite happy with this price. Havent pay for any extened warranty, I would like to take that risk, however, 4 yrs extened warranty is $339, I might be able to push it down to $200 or less. Best wish to all mates are going to buy a TV in next few days.

Hi,

u wont happen to have the quote for 46" X by any chance ?

will u be kind enough to post the scanned copy of invoice for some of us who are shopping for good price ?

thanks

SD

Just to give u guys some idea, cost price for a 46X was $2779 at Rick Hart Vic Pk or was it $2997. Either case its below $3k. I noticed this out the corner of my eye after i did my purchase coz they had to enter in the cost price then the sold price. So dont take their word for it when they tell u they've sold it for below cost, went to bout 4 retailers and all gave me the same BS.

Btw i also had HN say that the BJ receipt could be a fake coz they reckon there's a similar HN receipt floating round which is a fake. So i left the store went to Rick Hart n got a better deal. And i also wont be goin back to Rick Hart in Belmont anytime soon, had the rudest sales guy there. I asked him for a price on the 46X, he said $4200 and just walked off as if he was too busy. I mentioned just as i was leaving that ive had quotes for about $1k less, wot a joke!!!

actually there may be some truth in what u have been told about selling under cost. Most big stores operate at "retail" and

"wholesale" level and as the name implies "retail" is for mobs like us walking in for a bargain. When you were told that they

are selling below cost, it simply means below "retail cost", which just means over to the "wholesale/trade/commericial" or

what ever u call it to earn the bucks. Which is why every time bargaining mobs like us walk in to the retail stores and start

asking for some seemingly impossible price, the sales guy always needs to go to the manager for approval. All depends on

your luck is my guess. At each level of sales including retail, there is quota to be met every month/quarter/u-name-it, so if

by selling the highly discounted unit and there is still $ left to meet the quota for the period, then they may be happy to do

it. It's actually a good strategy as words will spread from their happy customer and more will visit and probably even end

up in more successful sales for that period.

So i wont be surprised that if the real cost is $2779 at wholesale level which could be a lot lower than retail.

SD

WHAT: KDL46XBR

WHEN: 21/01/2008

WHERE: JB HiFI, MacGregor, QLD

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty and delivery and Installation ($3900)

TV - $3500

4 yr extended Warranty - $325

Delivery and Installation $75

So, on an XBR46 you paid $325 for extended 4 yrs FROM JB , I paid $339 for 4 yrs on a W model, yet they consult a card on their structure of prices

for warranty...

I wonder why this card states the XBR to be cheaper than the W, is that the norm for later models, did I maybe pay too much ?

So, on an XBR46 you paid $325 for extended 4 yrs FROM JB , I paid $339 for 4 yrs on a W model, yet they consult a card on their structure of prices

for warranty...

I wonder why this card states the XBR to be cheaper than the W, is that the norm for later models, did I maybe pay too much ?

I think it was $335 so it makes the package $3910, and I ask to make it even fot $3900 and he said OK, then on my receipt it shows $325

and the sales person was very nice about pricing, so you can always negotiate warranty price!

i wish i could ask that guy copy of the receipt because i didnt brought i was lining up after him to buy a camera but i know he also brought a 5 extended year warranty which is $450

sorry guys for those who want a receipt!

Hi First time poster here.....

Got mine BABY BRAVIA KDL46X3100 at GG on the 26-12-07 - Victoria

Paid $3361 + 4 years Extended warranty...damn that's like $499!!!! cut me real deep!

Still waiting for them to call me and arrange for delivery...tomorrow is the 27th day since the purchase...heard NOTHING!!!

GUESS WHAT GUYS?!?!?!

I purchased my HDMI flat cable on ebay...wasn't home when it arrived so they left a note for me to pick the parcel. So i arranged for the parcel to be transfer to a closer POST OFFICE near work..this was done on last monday 14-01-08..AUSTRALIA POST somehow managed to loose my PARCEL!..They don't know where it is and they basically told me if it's lost they will not compensate as the parcel is not insured.

At this stage i was like OMG WHAT THE HELL!?!?! Now they're "investigating" they'll get back to me when they can locate where it is.

I can't believe it! It's of their business to transport goods to and frow for people, how can you trust them if they can't even managed to do one simple thing! ERR :angry: !!

Right now the only thing that will cheer me up is the news that me tv is cooooooominnng!!! and maybe a payrise LOL.

peace out my Sony Lovers.

i know of a store which has a couple 46X3100 in stock and willing to sell them cheap.

Can you tell me which store and/or salesperson to ask as I am in Glen Waverley area? What price are they looking to offer?

Paid for 2, 46" X series tv's on the 6th of January and got the call to come pick them up today from Castle Hill JB. It looks like that shipment due mid January is being distributed w0000t!

Order a 40" W series for $2360 from Truscotts in Adelaide. Still no solid news on when its going to arrive.

Rang Sony today and asked if they were going to honor the deal even if the barcode comes after the 10th of March due to the TV being delivered late and the guy said no. I told him this was pretty typical of Sony and he proceeded to get pi$$ed off at me and asking why I had bought a Sony product then...

It must be mandatory to an arrogant twat to work for Sony!

Anyway, Sony is saying April for delivery but 3 or 4 stores I have called up are saying end of Jan or early Feb. Does anyone have any details on this and/or if Sony's April delivery is due to their current stock already being allocated?

Cheers

Fil

Hi

I called the Sony Promotions Ph #1800 882 170 and they were not helpful at all in answering my question.. which was "What if I buy and fully pay for a valid Bravia before 28th Jan BUT it does not get delivered until after the 10th of March therefor I can not send a copy or cut out the serial on the box when it is delivered"

So I rang Sony themselves (the promotions team said they just run the promotion and I would need to confirm that off Sony)

Celest the manager of the Sony Rep who answered 1300 13 SONY (7669) assured me that the bonus ps3 would still be honoured if my TV was delivered after the 10th of March. I made them give me a ticket/reference # for the call and they logged everything in their system and assured me to go ahead and by a TV before the offer expires and rest assured.. they said feel free to call a week or more before the 10th of March just to let them know the TV might be late in arriving..

I even got a call back from someone to confirm everything the Rep told me even though I never asked them to.

So it would seem they will honour individual requests.. you just have to be patient with them on the phone and NON THREATENING.

Make sure you get a reference # and call back every week just to confirm things.. but don't be painful :)

Netsick.

Edited by netsick

Hi

I called the Sony Promotions Ph #1800 882 170 and they were not helpful at all in answering my question.. which was "What if I buy and fully pay for a valid Bravia before 28th Jan BUT it does not get delivered until after the 10th of March therefor I can not send a copy or cut out the serial on the box when it is delivered"

So I rang Sony themselves (the promotions team said they just run the promotion and I would need to confirm that off Sony)

Celest the manager of the Sony Rep who answered 1300 13 SONY (7669) assured me that the bonus ps3 would still be honoured if my TV was delivered after the 10th of March. I made them give me a ticket/reference # for the call and they logged everything in their system and assured me to go ahead and by a TV before the offer expires and rest assured.. they said feel free to call a week or more before the 10th of March just to let them know the TV might be late in arriving..

I even got a call back from someone to confirm everything the Rep told me even though I never asked them to.

So it would seem they will honour individual requests.. you just have to be patient with them on the phone and NON THREATENING.

Make sure you get a reference # and call back every week just to confirm things.. but don't be painful :)

Netsick.

Thats great news Netsick! I wonder why I wasn't told the same information? Are we able to use your reference number so that when we call up and theres some ambiguity they can refer to that event and confirm it?

Cheers

Fil

sure.. I don't see why not but only if they start to be difficult. I think just by calling up and mentioning Celest by name (it's a Male) should be enough to win them over..

Order a 40" W series for $2360 from Truscotts in Adelaide. Still no solid news on when its going to arrive.

Rang Sony today and asked if they were going to honor the deal even if the barcode comes after the 10th of March due to the TV being delivered late and the guy said no. I told him this was pretty typical of Sony and he proceeded to get pi$$ed off at me and asking why I had bought a Sony product then...

It must be mandatory to an arrogant twat to work for Sony!

Anyway, Sony is saying April for delivery but 3 or 4 stores I have called up are saying end of Jan or early Feb. Does anyone have any details on this and/or if Sony's April delivery is due to their current stock already being allocated?

Cheers

Fil

Hey Fil, As I have mentioned in other threads I work for a major retailer in Vic and the situation with the Sony Tv's isnt all that bright...At this point in time, Sony are not giving ETA's on delivery at all...Ive spoken to Rep's and also Vic Managers of Sony and they are not giving too much away at all...last time I spoke to them they said they were due in Mid April...We have 2 on back order for customers and they are shipping to us late FEB, but for new orders....who knows!!! I will keep everyone posted when I hear any further news...

As I said they are not even giving a date of when they are due in...

This applies to the following models

KDL40W3100

KDL40x3100

KDL46X3100

hope this helps

Regards,

Adam

Adam.Tucci@hotmail.com

go to harvey norman and talk em down say you've seen a better price else where as there moto goes " we won't be beaten on price"

that is probably the most useless post in this entire thread.

that is probably the most useless post in this entire thread.

LOL I totally agreed!

I have tried to get them price match 3 different times, 3 times they said its below their cost and can not do it, and even told me to get it where i got the quote from. So i loudly said to the sales guy making sure everyone hears it "you guys are rip off and don't honour even your own motto why do business with u!"

LOL happy scroll across to DSE power house, so far havent said no to price matching. Really stay away from HN, i dont think they offer any good pricing at all from experience.

then again its just my opinion maybe others have better

actually there may be some truth in what u have been told about selling under cost. Most big stores operate at "retail" and

"wholesale" level and as the name implies "retail" is for mobs like us walking in for a bargain. When you were told that they

are selling below cost, it simply means below "retail cost", which just means over to the "wholesale/trade/commericial" or

what ever u call it to earn the bucks. Which is why every time bargaining mobs like us walk in to the retail stores and start

asking for some seemingly impossible price, the sales guy always needs to go to the manager for approval. All depends on

your luck is my guess. At each level of sales including retail, there is quota to be met every month/quarter/u-name-it, so if

by selling the highly discounted unit and there is still $ left to meet the quota for the period, then they may be happy to do

it. It's actually a good strategy as words will spread from their happy customer and more will visit and probably even end

up in more successful sales for that period.

So i wont be surprised that if the real cost is $2779 at wholesale level which could be a lot lower than retail.

SD

Good post, pretty much hit it the nail on the head. However the price $2779 sounds like ex tax, most whole sale price are quoted ex tax.

Also i find that shopping the last few day of the month usually work cos of the quota they have to meet. Also get friendly with them and make them feel like u are doing them a fav so they can meet their target. All sales guy make have quota and commission they work on. I have learn in car sales the sales guy get a fix commission when he saids a car does matter if he sales the car at a loss or profit , to him its the number of cars that counts. but of cos the manager will have to agree first, that is why u need to get friendly with the sales guy. A happy sales guy will try harder to get better pricing for you. A lot of time the sales guy actually show me their cost price, and no not the one listed on the computer screen but the one hidden from customer, e.g for DS system hey hover the mouse over the cost button to show the real cost price the one display is not the true cost price.

Another tip is also bundle things, the more you bundle the more happy they will deal with u, and more discount on ur items, why not since u will get them anyway might as well get them now and save more.

just my 2 cents

Just rand Sony Central in Adelaide to check availability of the 46X3100 and if they price match.

He told me they do price match but it depends of what product, the seller, and if the seller has the stock.

i told him that i had a copy of a reciept from DSE price (from hdtvprices) of $3100. he said he was confident that was a bogus price, that it was hundreds under cost price. he also started to laugh saying do DSE actually sell sony tv's, to which i said the powerhouses do and he promptly shut up. finally he said if i was serious about buying one he would give me a serious price which would be in the high $3000's, all because they are the only ones who actually have the stock in the shop.

So does anyone know of any stores that have stock of the 46X3100, i have phoned some places with no avail besides Sony Central.

Picked up our KDL40W3100 on Saturday. Last one in stock from BingLee $2300 + $180 for an extra 4 years warranty. Stock seems to be getting short on most models when I was shopping around.

Hey Fil, As I have mentioned in other threads I work for a major retailer in Vic and the situation with the Sony Tv's isnt all that bright...At this point in time, Sony are not giving ETA's on delivery at all...Ive spoken to Rep's and also Vic Managers of Sony and they are not giving too much away at all...last time I spoke to them they said they were due in Mid April...We have 2 on back order for customers and they are shipping to us late FEB, but for new orders....who knows!!! I will keep everyone posted when I hear any further news...

As I said they are not even giving a date of when they are due in...

This applies to the following models

KDL40W3100

KDL40x3100

KDL46X3100

hope this helps

Regards,

Adam

Adam.Tucci@hotmail.com

Thanks Adam

I went and spoke to the sales guy at Truscotts who sold me the TV 3 weeks ago and he said that there is a delivery being sent out that they were allocated 7 units a few weeks ago and if anyone was to order one now they would have to wait for the April delivery. I hope this is the case...

Fil