Sign in to follow this  
nova

Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

i know of a store which has a couple 46X3100 in stock and willing to sell them cheap.

i know of a store which has a couple 46X3100 in stock and willing to sell them cheap.

Is the store in WA???

Yes Nam we know your the greatest with deals but unfortunately you are in Melbourne and not in Perth

Us guys in WA get royally screwed all the time with new products and prices.

As a matter of interest how much would delivery and insurance be for a 46x3100 to Metroplitain Perth from Melbourne or New South Wales)?

I've finally got some cash together to get myself some Bravia goodness. Yay!

What is the best price anyone has got for a 46X3100 in Adelaide? Has anyone done better than $3500 (in Adelaide)? I have been round to several stores and asked prices, but haven't done any bargaining yet. The Good Guys said $3700 for cash AND HAD SOME 46Xs IN STOCK! So I'll definitely be going back there to see what their best deal is. A tosser at JB Hi-Fi tried to tell me their buy price was $3800, so they are off my list. Any SA people out there have suggestions? (or receipts?)

On a side issue, what length of warranty do people suggest to buy? I would have thought that if there was going to be manufacturing problems they would surface in the first year or more likely in the first few months? This will be my first LCD tv so maybe I will be corrected on this. Also, I may be moving overseas soon and shipping my household goods with me, which may void the warranty? Or maybe the cost of returning the unit to the store I bought it in for repair, when I'm now living on the other side of the world may cost more than the tv is worth! And yes, I have checked prices of Sony Bravias in the country I may move to, and they are twice what they cost here!

Cheers for the help. :D

That's a fantastic price for the XBR. Congratulations.

Edit : Would be great if you could post a receipt for this purchase, if possible.

Sorry I haven't been around for a little while. If you're still interested it was for a 'X' series not the XBR. Will try and post the receipt tomorrow. BTW got my PS3 (via redemption) yesterday... OMG!!!! :D

Hi all, Newbie here. Thanks for all the info I have been gathering from this website in regards to purchasing a tv for my father. As of Thursday afternoon 17/1 The Good Guys in Preston, Melbourne have 4 left of the 40X3100 series tv. I just purchased one for $2900 (salesman Tom), not the very best price out there but still a damn good price considering the unavailablity of these units. They also have the 40" XBR in stock but I'm not sure how many.

Just purchased (16/01/08) a KDL46X3100 for $3250 plus $339 for additional 4 years warranty ($3589 total) from Clive Anthonys Kedron (Brisbane northside).

They price matched the $3250 price quoted earlier in this thread - slightly more for the warranty but I was happy with the outcome.

Unfortunately in the worst case I may have to wait till late February for delivery. Just enough time to send the serial number to Sony by 10th March.

Greg

Hi

can someone please send me a copy of the receipt for the 40" W for $2150 or there about, i have the 40" XBR but i cannot stand the sound of the fan, it is very annoying when the screen is on low volume or when the people are talking and no background sounds! My email is mdrazic [at] exemail.com.au

I really did like me xbr only if the fan was not there!!!!

Thanks again!

Has any one in Perth managed to get a deal on a 52" X Series Bravia?

If so, willing to share receipt?

Prices so far have been for TV, 5 yr warranty and delivery are $6,500 HN City West, $6,200 Good Guys Joondalup (weren't willing to do anything else) and Rick Hart Osborne Park for $5,600.

Not sure whether to take the Rick Hart deal or now consider whether to wait until after the PS3 promotion, wait for the prices to come down due to the new models and use those "savings" toward a PS3

i got my KDL46X3100 From Harvey Norman Bowgowlah on interest free for $3799 including 4 years extended warranty, 1m HDMI cable, Monster 8 Socket surge board.

Harvey Norman use a 50% mark up on most accessories ie, hdmi cables, surge protector boards. and interest free costs them roughly 7% p.a of total price. and 8.8% when using deferred payments (advertised)

so basically if you know you can pay it off without using the advertised 25months no interest no repayments. ditch the deferred payments and you will save yourself 3.8% straight away plus take off 1 month interest free so you're left with 24 months (plenty of time) and youre left with a pretty good deal

Congrats - that's quite a good price on IF and I think you may have set the benchmark. Would you be up to supplying a decent scan of your receipt for those still looking to get in on this deal ?

Edited by zoonimal

Yes Nam we know your the greatest with deals but unfortunately you are in Melbourne and not in Perth

Us guys in WA get royally screwed all the time with new products and prices.

As a matter of interest how much would delivery and insurance be for a 46x3100 to Metroplitain Perth from Melbourne or New South Wales)?

$120

$120 :blink: Seems like it could be a go-er for you guys in Perth!

After two unsuccessful attempts yesterday, I got lucky at the Preston store today. I got suckered on the HDMI cable (marked price was 229, the hell?), but I may try and return that when I pick up the TV, seeing as you can pick up some good ones for 30$ on this fine forum - I felt bad a getting such a good deal and decided to allow the upsell :blush:

I'm pretty happy overall though, and can't wait to pick it up in a few short weeks.

Sony KDL46X3100 - $3250

5 years total warranty - $280

2m HDMI cable - $140

4 Plug surge protector - $65

Total - $3735

My experience was (luckily) the opposite.

I walked in with a print out of a receipt for a 40W for $2150, handed it to the sales guy and said "can you match this price ?"

After 20 minutes on the phone with his Sony sales rep he said "yes, I can".

I guess you just have to be lucky sometimes.

Have been reading here for a while now, getting info on which lcd to buy, have in the end chosen the 40"W, now if anyone out there has a copy of the receipt for $2150 i would greatly appreciate it. I am going to hunt around this week and see the best price i can get. For those that would be able to email my contact is viperzx at gmail dot com

Thanks all, you've aided me well in deciding which lcd to purchase

Edited by ViperzX

Hi Nam,

Where's this place you talking about and HOW much did you pay?

Hi,

Can someone please send me a copy of the receipt for a $2150 40w3100 to kharn827@gmail.com

Thanks

There are a lot of great prices on here that various people have managed to achieve for the 46X3100 ($3250, $3300 etc). I'm in Sydney and have spoken to a few sales people and none of them have been willing to go under $3500 (excluding warranty).

Can anyone recommend any Sydney based retail stores that are doing these great prices?

Thanks in advance.

JB Hi-Fi Dandenong (VIC) wants $2410 for the KDL40W3100 and said their cost price was $2400 (showed me on a PDA but I have my doubts). They wanted $100 for 2 years extended warranty (3 years total). They didn't have any in stock. I just can't pay that price when I know others have got it much cheaper.

You shouldn't be paying for more than $2400 for the 40w3100. $2400 is the cost price at JB and some have been sold under cost but then bundled with other stuff which evened it out to be a profit.

The other Sony LCDs I didn't bother to check as I'm only wanting to get a 40w3100. I know this because I work at JB.

Edited by tkdbboy

if thats your "cost price" you guys aren't getting rebated enough from sony then, i've invoiced out many for far cheaper than $2400 with no accessories just the TV by itself.

Edited by namwhs

If your in the market for a 40W make sure the place to go has stock, new orders are due into stores MID - LATE APRIL and if the stock arrives after MArch 10th Sony will NOT be honouring the PS3... I work at a retail store in Vic and spent most of the day on the phone arguing with Sony about this but at this point in time if the goods arrive after the claims are due they will not send the ps3...So for potential buyers...beware....

Hi,

Can someone please send me a copy of the receipt for a $2150 40w3100 to kharn827@gmail.com

Thanks

JB Hi-Fi Dandenong (VIC) wants $2410 for the KDL40W3100 and said their cost price was $2400 (showed me on a PDA but I have my doubts). They wanted $100 for 2 years extended warranty (3 years total). They didn't have any in stock. I just can't pay that price when I know others have got it much cheaper.

See my other post for a 40W at $2230.00 in Thomastown, i have a truck and could deliver it for you for $70.00 if you so require (weekends only)

You would still be saving.

In fact anyone wanting transport for a big tv, i'm happy to quote.

Cheers

Just purchased (16/01/08) a KDL46X3100 for $3250 plus $339 for additional 4 years warranty ($3589 total) from Clive Anthonys Kedron (Brisbane northside).

They price matched the $3250 price quoted earlier in this thread - slightly more for the warranty but I was happy with the outcome.

Unfortunately in the worst case I may have to wait till late February for delivery. Just enough time to send the serial number to Sony by 10th March.

Greg

I went and did the same deal there a few hours ago. The guy I dealt with (Ko?) was rather hesitant to do the price but I said I'd pay cash on the spot so we did the deal. Thanks for the lead!

Now the waiting begins...

any new arrivals of PS3 into peoples homes lately ...

If so, when did you send in, when was it dispatched from sony and when did it arrive?

Still waiting on mine to arrive... but i hope it will be worth the wait.

Can you tell me where that is and how much? I am interested to pick one up. Thanks.