Sign in to follow this  
nova

Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

Thanks all for your fast replies, I have been hovering in the background for some time,

thanks for the site mods!!!

Craig.

what a great forum. and a great thread. looking forward to getting a bravia soon!

Hi AndrewW, well done on the 40W !

Can you please email your receipt or BFOT's receipt ? tommyj123 AT gmail.com

Thanks !

Please email to me also rexneb@gmail.com or post in thread.

46X3100 $3500 (including additional 4 yr warranty, to bring it to a total of 5 yrs). Harvey Norman, Preston, Vic.

That's a fantastic price for the XBR. Congratulations.

Edit : Would be great if you could post a receipt for this purchase, if possible.

Edited by zoonimal

Hi a friend and myself both got a w40" from the Good Guys in Thomastown, Melbourne. for $2230.00 the salesman name is Dragio and he has 3 units left which he will sell for this price. The ticket price on show is $2390.00

I tried may stores in the northern suburbs and not only was his the best price but he was the only one with stock. Note: you do need the serial number box label to claim the Playstation.

I am watching the tennis on it and it is AWESOME :)

Cheers

Phil

46X3100 $3500 (including additional 4 yr warranty, to bring it to a total of 5 yrs). Harvey Norman, Preston, Vic.

Mate, is that for an x or an xbr?

Can you post a reciept please?

Is there, or could there be a reciept post on this forum?

thankyou,

Craig.

Edited by coastal tv

Sorry forgot to say that the Good Guys - Thomastown will do the X 40" for $2,900.00 it was not Dragio that gave me this price as he was not on the next day when we came back to pickup both the w series. But i'm sure he will match or better his co-worker.

Hope this helps you save $.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by flipperMAN

Hi

I recall seeing someone quoting X or XBR 52" at $4837 at NH Thomastown ? Anyone has the details as in who the sales

guy is and whether this is for a brand new unit or display unit ? Better still, can anyone provide an invoice/receipt for

that so I can go have a bargain with them as well?

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

I've just returned from a very disheartening day TV shopping, and am in need of some encouragement :(

Using the receipt posted for the 46"X series at $3250 (and the earlier one for $3100 as backup), I was refused at both the city JB Hifi and the Heidelberg JB Hifi store in Victoria on price matches. Both staff members basically went and chatted with the manager and came back to say "We've decided not to honour the pricematch, it's too cheap and was sold close to boxing day", without offering so much as an offer close to it. After expressing my disappointment there wasn't really a lot else I could do. JB is my preferred store as I have a significant gift voucher I need to use there, but I don't know how many more there are around Melbourne.

I might have to give up on the X series and go for the 46" W, but I don't have a receipt for it. If anyone has a receipt for the 40/46" W series or 46" X series I would be very grateful if you could send it to chronorox@gmail.com

Also, any suggestions would be great too :unsure:

Thanks for all the help so far on this great forum

Can anyone please tell their latest price for sony xbr and x 40 and 46 inch please?

thankyou, Craig.

$3200 for the 40XBR from Clive Peeters Hobart (with extended warranty, 12ft HDMI and Black hawk down blu-ray on top of that)

Hi All,

Thought I'd update my travels...

For those interested, I've been chasing a 46x for a mate and a 40w for myself.

For those in WA, every store I've been to is expecting stock of the 40w within the next week or two (varies depending on which outlet and which store you got to)

However I found the Myer city store had ONE only in stock which I promptly pushed the sales rep into matching down to $2400 (cheapest WA price i've found) and I should be picking it up tomorrow.

As for the 46x, cheapest price was $3600 everywhere up until this afternoon when JB in Cannington said they'd do $3500.

At least I should be able to sign up for free PS3 when I get the serial number soonish.

Happy hunting everyone!

P.S. Sooo jealous of the Eastern States prices quoted on here, at one point was thinking of purchasing and couriering two Bravia's to WA <_<

Hey Everyone,

I've just returned from a very disheartening day TV shopping, and am in need of some encouragement :(

Using the receipt posted for the 46"X series at $3250 (and the earlier one for $3100 as backup), I was refused at both the city JB Hifi and the Heidelberg JB Hifi store in Victoria on price matches. Both staff members basically went and chatted with the manager and came back to say "We've decided not to honour the pricematch, it's too cheap and was sold close to boxing day", without offering so much as an offer close to it. After expressing my disappointment there wasn't really a lot else I could do. JB is my preferred store as I have a significant gift voucher I need to use there, but I don't know how many more there are around Melbourne.

I might have to give up on the X series and go for the 46" W, but I don't have a receipt for it. If anyone has a receipt for the 40/46" W series or 46" X series I would be very grateful if you could send it to chronorox@gmail.com

Try JB in Camberwell. I believe they may be a little more willing to get the deal.

Hey Everyone,

Often if your looking to buy the TV only with no additional warranty, delivery or other goodies they won't feel as inclined to work with you on a price.

While $3250 is a great price I don't think its all that repeatable at this point in time.

When I went shoping I didn't say I want this TV for this much, I simply stated I want this TV and this warranty and I want it delivered and the price i'm looking for is this.

At the time I was armed with a verbal quote from DSE Powerhouse and a print out of their misprinted advert (which I never had to get out).

So the prices I was working from where $3343 for the KDL46X3100, $289 for a 4 year extended warranty and $60 for delivery, I pitched that to JB as a single figure of $3692 for all 3 items.

The guy was happy to match this in the end, then I asked him to beat it as thats what DSE had quoted, so he took off $52, not much but essentially free delivery.

So final price was $3640, a price that has been repeated at least half a dozen times by people with a copy of my receipt.

Yes I went shopping on Boxing Day which helped, but going for just a TV with no extras and aiming for a price like $3250 which I think the original buyer was very lucky to get maybe beyond whats achievable as your seeing.

Just my $0.02

Hi guys,

I got my 40W today from JB Hi-Fi at Miranda today for $2150 + $279 for the additional warranty.

:D

Hi BFOT,

Was delivery inc with your purchase price ($2150) from JB Miranda ?

Could I trouble you (or anyone you have already forwarded a copy of your receipt to) to email me a copy please?

rowd at bigpond dot net dot au

Many Thanks

Try JB in Camberwell. I believe they may be a little more willing to get the deal.

hmmm walked in there recently intending to buy, but saw their advertised price on a 46X was $4100-4200 or thereabouts. Then the sales guy seemed shocked when I said other places had the more expensive XBR advertised for 4k (actually more like 3900). So didn't bother entering pricing talks since they put themselves in an elevated price point from the beginning.

Hi all,

I assume the great prices members are quoting here are cash prices. Just wanted to get an idea what prices those of you who purchased using interest free periods (e.g. 25 interest free offerings from HN or Domayne) got in the 40/46 x/xbr range? Thanks.

xdaminime2006

Often if your looking to buy the TV only with no additional warranty, delivery or other goodies they won't feel as inclined to work with you on a price.

Yes I went shopping on Boxing Day which helped, but going for just a TV with no extras and aiming for a price like $3250 which I think the original buyer was very lucky to get maybe beyond whats achievable as your seeing.

Yeh it is a pretty damn good price, and the guy at Heidelberg pretty much said "We're not prepared to lose that much money on a sale", but I'll try Camberwell today and see how I go. Maybe Preston and Epping too...not sure if they do Home Theatre.

I did forget to say though that I was asking for the whole package - warranty and delivery too. He pretty much said "So you're happy to have it all at that price, right here, right now?" But the managers seemed to have the last say. Thanks again for the advice.

hmmm walked in there recently intending to buy, but saw their advertised price on a 46X was $4100-4200 or thereabouts. Then the sales guy seemed shocked when I said other places had the more expensive XBR advertised for 4k (actually more like 3900). So didn't bother entering pricing talks since they put themselves in an elevated price point from the beginning.

Saw the same sign and got them down to 3300 + 339 for Warranty the sign don't mean squat :)

My experience was (luckily) the opposite.

I walked in with a print out of a receipt for a 40W for $2150, handed it to the sales guy and said "can you match this price ?"

After 20 minutes on the phone with his Sony sales rep he said "yes, I can".

I guess you just have to be lucky sometimes.

i got my KDL46X3100 From Harvey Norman Bowgowlah on interest free for $3799 including 4 years extended warranty, 1m HDMI cable, Monster 8 Socket surge board.

Harvey Norman use a 50% mark up on most accessories ie, hdmi cables, surge protector boards. and interest free costs them roughly 7% p.a of total price. and 8.8% when using deferred payments (advertised)

so basically if you know you can pay it off without using the advertised 25months no interest no repayments. ditch the deferred payments and you will save yourself 3.8% straight away plus take off 1 month interest free so you're left with 24 months (plenty of time) and youre left with a pretty good deal

My experience was (luckily) the opposite.

I walked in with a print out of a receipt for a 40W for $2150, handed it to the sales guy and said "can you match this price ?"

After 20 minutes on the phone with his Sony sales rep he said "yes, I can".

I guess you just have to be lucky sometimes.

Hi Andrew,

I would like to purchase a 40W from the same store as BFOT did.....would you mind please emailing me a copy of the receipt he sent you ?

My email is rowd at bigpond dot net dot au

Thanks

Rowd

i got my KDL46X3100 From Harvey Norman Bowgowlah on interest free for $3799 including 4 years extended warranty, 1m HDMI cable, Monster 8 Socket surge board.

Harvey Norman use a 50% mark up on most accessories ie, hdmi cables, surge protector boards. and interest free costs them roughly 7% p.a of total price. and 8.8% when using deferred payments (advertised)

so basically if you know you can pay it off without using the advertised 25months no interest no repayments. ditch the deferred payments and you will save yourself 3.8% straight away plus take off 1 month interest free so you're left with 24 months (plenty of time) and youre left with a pretty good deal

Thanks for this ktrainau.

Thanks for this ktrainau.

Just to give u guys some idea, cost price for a 46X was $2779 at Rick Hart Vic Pk or was it $2997. Either case its below $3k. I noticed this out the corner of my eye after i did my purchase coz they had to enter in the cost price then the sold price. So dont take their word for it when they tell u they've sold it for below cost, went to bout 4 retailers and all gave me the same BS.

Btw i also had HN say that the BJ receipt could be a fake coz they reckon there's a similar HN receipt floating round which is a fake. So i left the store went to Rick Hart n got a better deal. And i also wont be goin back to Rick Hart in Belmont anytime soon, had the rudest sales guy there. I asked him for a price on the 46X, he said $4200 and just walked off as if he was too busy. I mentioned just as i was leaving that ive had quotes for about $1k less, wot a joke!!!

Edited by mafia

Just to give u guys some idea, cost price for a 46X was $2779 at Rick Hart Vic Pk or was it $2997. Either case its below $3k. I noticed this out the corner of my eye after i did my purchase coz they had to enter in the cost price then the sold price. So dont take their word for it when they tell u they've sold it for below cost, went to bout 4 retailers and all gave me the same BS.

Btw i also had HN say that the BJ receipt could be a fake coz they reckon there's a similar HN receipt floating round which is a fake. So i left the store went to Rick Hart n got a better deal. And i also wont be goin back to Rick Hart in Belmont anytime soon, had the rudest sales guy there. I asked him for a price on the 46X, he said $4200 and just walked off as if he was too busy. I mentioned just as i was leaving that ive had quotes for about $1k less, wot a joke!!!

Could you please tell us where you ended up buying and what was the price?

Cheers