Sign in to follow this  
nova

Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

With the bonus PS3 on offer effective today, has anyone bought any Sony Full HD LCD TV? What's the best price? I hope that it's still possible to get a discount of at least 20% off the RRP.

Edited by nova

comeon, where is everyone. the duckie's desperate. all hands on deck (please) :) surely there are people out there that are after these particular tv's, with the PS3 to sweeten the deal. me aiming for the W unless there is a super miracle (legitimate ) x deal

Edited by mcduck

I went into JB at Eastland (melb) and they had the W series 40" advertised at $2700 and said they can drop it down to $2400. Am thinking of getting that early next year

Edited by drunkoncheese

I went into JB at Eastland (melb) and they had the W series 40" advertised at $2700 and said they can drop it down to $2400. Am thinking of getting that early next year

I am also in the market for a 40W.

JB at nunawading had the sticker price at 2556 for the 40W today, so there is room to go to at least 2400. 46W was about 3100 and the 46X was about 3300, notmbuch of a jump from W to X at 46" size! Good Guys nunawading were willing to do 2400, but I think I can do better,. Will let you know once I buy

i was at jb nunawading today too, the 46X was more then 3300, did you do some haggling?

We have travelled all over Adelaide today (23/12) and found the following prices for the Sony Bravia 40W:

Myer Centre $2,600

HN City $2,579

Truscotts $2,999

JB Modbury $2,549

Any feedback appreciated as we need to buy before Xmas.

Edited by ozetek

I am also in the market for a 40W.

JB at nunawading had the sticker price at 2556 for the 40W today, so there is room to go to at least 2400. 46W was about 3100 and the 46X was about 3300, notmbuch of a jump from W to X at 46" size! Good Guys nunawading were willing to do 2400, but I think I can do better,. Will let you know once I buy

Okay if this is true and they were prepared to do a 46" X for $3300, I'd take a punt that I can get it for $3200 with 2 year extra warranty on boxing day... what does everyone think of that? is it possible or have I lost the plot?

Edited by GEoMaNTiK

K guys my X series will be delivered tomorrow. Anyone care to teach me what to do before i sign it off...

How do i check dead pixel? I want to make sure everything good before i sign it.

If u guys wana know, i bought it for $3400 46X series

i was at jb nunawading today too, the 46X was more then 3300, did you do some haggling?

no, I didnt. I went to 5 stores today, and I'm shopping for the 40W, so I didnt write 46" prices down. Sorry.

no, I didnt. I went to 5 stores today, and I'm shopping for the 40W, so I didnt write 46" prices down. Sorry.

well I am in Adelaide and will be buying either a Sony W Series or Samsung 40" M Series LCD tomorrow, any advice/pricing appreciated.

Just bought a Bravia 46" X-series, Cheers 2 the dude who posted the DickSmith Powerhouse Catalogue because I used it to bargain down Good Guys, Then JB, then back to good guys!lol. Finally got it to $3250 - Goodguys 5yr warranty is expensive, anyway, it was 3250 + 350 for: Warranty+HomeDelivery(Hour+1/2 away) and also got them to chuck in a HDMI cable bcos someone else wrote on here the Sony Playstation doesnt come with one, Which was awesome, thanks mate.

Anyway, this will prob be my last post as I was happy with the price and dont want to see it beaten by like 300 lol. Cathya!

P.S They might go bit lower early next year I reckon, with the new 3rd generation being shipped!

well I am in Adelaide and will be buying either a Sony W Series or Samsung 40" M Series LCD tomorrow, any advice/pricing appreciated.

C'mon guys. I am sure there have been a few Sony 40W or Samsung KDL40W3100 sold today at the post-Xmas Sales. What was the going prices. At the moment drunkoncheese is the only one who has posted his experience.

Share it round ...

Hi,

I think that I saw someone getting a price of $2700 for a Sony 40" XBR but i cant find the thread - does anyone know where? a copy of the docket would be great to beat some of the stores here on the Gold Coast with! You could send it to sendingsoftware at hotmail dot com. Many many thanks

Hi,

I think that I saw someone getting a price of $2700 for a Sony 40" XBR but i cant find the thread - does anyone know where? a copy of the docket would be great to beat some of the stores here on the Gold Coast with! You could send it to sendingsoftware at hotmail dot com. Many many thanks

Thats a good price!!! I got 1 for $3160 and I though it was a good price, but $2700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky guy........................................

My brother got the sony 46" XBR for $3800 from JB in melbourne. I have had quote of $3700 from a eastern retravision in melbourne.

Dan

Clive Anthony's In Castle Hills store 22/DEC.

40" W series for $2400 with extra two years extended warranty. Lucky to get that deal I guess... ^_^

Hi Miles R,

Well done on your price!

I think regular customers might have a hard time beating your price...

Sorry to ask you, but is there any chance you could email me your receipt?

My email is joseph@salimgroup.com.au

My local goodguys want proof as they would not match it.

I went in to buy one today with not that much luck...

Thanks in advance either way,

Regards,

Joseph

Edited by joseph07

X series 40" for $3165 on interest free frm harvey norman seems to be my best. Has anyone else got better from HN on interest free? Got a quote from JB just under 3k but the interest free has me at the mo.

Matt

X series 40" for $3165 on interest free frm harvey norman seems to be my best. Has anyone else got better from HN on interest free? Got a quote from JB just under 3k but the interest free has me at the mo.

Matt

Yesterday a mate of mine got a 40" X-Series from Clive Anthony's at Kedron in Brisbane for $2960, they also were selling the 46" for $3600

Edited by interweb66

Heres my experience ...

Yesterday went to JBHifi Nunawading, HN and Goodguys.

Went to JB first, two guys were basically clammering over a Bravia W 46", last two they had I believe. Two strangers had haggled it down to $3100 is what i overheard.

I asked one of the guys about 46" X . He was cocky enough to say they had no stock and if I was to go to Goodguys and HN they would have no stock too. At that point I thought WTF and walked away.

Went to GG. Talked to a pleasant chap and basically small talk about X, XBR and W. Then I asked about the X, he had one or two he believes in stock but I would have to wait a day or two to come from the warehouse. He wanted to push me to the XBR which he gave me a quote of $3890 I probably could have pushed it down a bit. But I'm not really interested in the shiny bezel.

For the X though, he wasn't interested too much in going down past $3500.

Went to HN looked around, basically too many people and couldn't be assed negotiating because they have always been the most expensive.

Now before I went hunting, I had already negotiated a corporate price for the 46" X with clive peeters at $3470 (21st Dec).

Anyhow its today and I had decided to check out the usual suspects at Highpoint and GG at Thomastown.

I thought I might use the DSE catalogue as a leverage point. Went to DSE Powerhouse at Nunawading, picked up the catalogue and went in to look around.

Eventually I asked about the 46" X and the advertised price of $3343, thats a misprint and they wont be honouring it. He pointed out that the CAT code (small number next to the wording) is clearly in reference to the D series.

And this is what is clearly on their shelf at the price in the catalogue. I was ready to be on my way as I was only here to pick up the catalogue to use as leverage.

However I thought I would ask about the price they would do for the 46" X Series. I didn't really give him room to move as I said the best price I have is $3300.

He came back after a while and said the boss will approve it if I pay for it today.

I said I will if delivery is included.

Deal was done.

Could have bought 5 year warranty for extra $250 if you are interested.

I guess if you wanted to be technical my receipt says $3275 + $25 Delivery.

Edited by Almighty

Yesterday a mate of mine got a 40" X-Series from Clive Anthony's at Kedron in Brisbane for $2960, they also were selling the 46" for $3600

HI - could you get your mate to scan teh receipt and email it to me o I can try to get The good guys or Clive to match it here on teh Gold Coast

Try sendingsoftware at hotmaildot com

many thanks

We have travelled all over Adelaide today (23/12) and found the following prices for the Sony Bravia 40W:

Myer Centre $2,600

HN City $2,579

Truscotts $2,999

JB Modbury $2,549

Any feedback appreciated as we need to buy before Xmas.

SA - Adelaide DTV Readers

Shop around and haggle .... today we bought the Sony 40" Bravia (KDL40W3100) for $2,300 .. this price was offered by a number of retail outlets. In summary, SA residents shouldn't be paying any more than our interstate friends.

Happy haggling !!!!