Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

Guest JintsFan
So does anyone know of any stores that have stock of the 46X3100, i have phoned some places with no avail besides Sony Central.

I'm also in Adelaide and looking to buy a 46X, but same story - no stock, will arrive mid-Feb. Where have you tried? I've been HN-Marion, JB-Marion, Myer, Radio Rentals.

Speaking of Radio Rentals, I went in to their Edwardstown store on Saturday and they had a 12.5%off sale, but only for that weekend, and none in stock. The salesman said the price for a 46X3100 during the sale was $3,499, not too shabby, especially from Radio Ripoffs! Unfortunately my money didn't arrive until today, so I'm only now in a position to buy - and pay cash. Oh well, I guess I'll ring around on the off-chance that anyone has some in stock...

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also in Adelaide and looking to buy a 46X, but same story - no stock, will arrive mid-Feb. Where have you tried? I've been HN-Marion, JB-Marion, Myer, Radio Rentals.

the only place that has stock is Sony Central that ive found. ive phoned radio rentals, harvey norman, goodguys, truscotts.

be prepared to pay close to 4g's at sony central

Was just offered $3333 from a JB Hifi Carindale in Brisbane for the 40" X Series (KDL40X3100) display model with extra 2 year extended warranty. (TV alone quoted at $3131 and warranty $219 = $3350 which I taked him down to $3333)

Retravision,Harvey Norman and David Jones all quote around $3190 and scoff at anything below $3000

Videopro at Westfield Carindale are offering $2996 for just the TV and extra $229 for extended 5 year warranty. This was without even haggling.

I went with Videopro. Just put down my deposit.

What do yas think.. good/bad ?

Edited by netsick

Guest giveway
Was just offered $3333 from a JB Hifi in Brisbane for the 40" X Series (KDL40X3100) display model with extra 2 year extended warranty. (TV alone quoted at $3131 and warranty $219 = $3350 which I taked him down to $3333)

Retravision,Harvey Norman and David Jones all quote around $3190

What do yas think.. good/bad ?

Before the new year JBHIFI at macquarie in Sydney were doing the KDL40X3100 for $2900 but had none in stock at that store but would reserve one at another. I went upstairs to DSE Power house and got it for $2960. I wanted it before the weekend so i paid the $60 extra.

That was on the 28/12/07 I think because stocks are low they are not discounting as much.

Still waiting for the PS3 though.

Mate, is that for an x or an xbr?

Can you post a reciept please?

Is there, or could there be a reciept post on this forum?

thankyou,

Craig.

If you PM your e-mail address I'm happy to send you a copy. Not exactly sure how I can add a copy in the forum.

Cheers,

Meno

If you PM your e-mail address I'm happy to send you a copy. Not exactly sure how I can add a copy in the forum.

Cheers,

Meno

Hi, I am also looking for the 46X as well. Do you mind to send me a copy of the receipt as well? My email is jefflin.huang@gmail.com.

Thanks

$120 :blink: Seems like it could be a go-er for you guys in Perth!

After two unsuccessful attempts yesterday, I got lucky at the Preston store today. I got suckered on the HDMI cable (marked price was 229, the hell?), but I may try and return that when I pick up the TV, seeing as you can pick up some good ones for 30$ on this fine forum - I felt bad a getting such a good deal and decided to allow the upsell :blush:

I'm pretty happy overall though, and can't wait to pick it up in a few short weeks.

Sony KDL46X3100 - $3250

5 years total warranty - $280

2m HDMI cable - $140

4 Plug surge protector - $65

Total - $3735

Could you send em the receipt chonorox, if you could tell me who you dealt with, i might go pick up the exact same deal

First post :)

Could i get a copy of that receipt orican, or anyone with it? I'm gonna try and go hassle some jb people tomorrow night and it would help

cheers

a.certo(at)gmail.com

i find it hard to believe you can get a 46 inch X series for $3000 from anywhere.

See this post where he says... http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...st&p=920748

"i wish i could ask that guy copy of the receipt because i didnt brought i was lining up after him to buy a camera but i know he also brought a 5 extended year warranty which is $450

sorry guys! "

5 year extended warranty is NOT $450 so basically they made it seem like he got the TV for cheap then ripped him off on warranty lol

46X3100 $3500 (including additional 4 yr warranty, to bring it to a total of 5 yrs). Harvey Norman, Preston, Vic.

Hi menoclue

After 2 attempts at GG and Power house in Nunawading, they quoted me over $4000.00 I told them you guys can get $3500 with 5 yrs warranty. They would not match at all. If you could tell me sale rep's name or even better the receipt. That would be appreciated.

my email: dzungbom@yahoo.com

Cheers

Edited by vdz

Guest yazman78
I think it was $335 so it makes the package $3910, and I ask to make it even fot $3900 and he said OK, then on my receipt it shows $325

and the sales person was very nice about pricing, so you can always negotiate warranty price!

Can you email me your receipt please. Am going to buy this weekend and can use this to price match. My email is yazman78@tpg.com.au

KDL46X3100 = $2979

4 yr Ext Warranty = $429

Total = $3400

Payment = Visa

The Good Guys - Joondalup, WA

Bought = 17 Jan

Picked up = 19 Jan

Last one in stock

Sent off for PS3 =22/1

Will scan receipt in tomorrow as I don't have it at work with me today

BTW guys thanks for all of the posts, without these I'd never have gotten such a great deal.

KDL46X3100 = $2979

4 yr Ext Warranty = $429

Total = $3400

Payment = Visa

Bought = 17 Jan

Picked up = 19 Jan

Last one in stock

Sent off for PS3 =22/1

BTW guys thanks for all of the posts, without these I'd never have gotten such a great deal.

Is that price for real?

I find that hard to believe......was it a demo model?

You walked in and they had one in stock? when heaps of us have been waiting for ones on order for weeks...and you get it for such a price.

Good work and Well done!

Is that price for real?

I find that hard to believe......was it a demo model?

You walked in and they had one in stock? when heaps of us have been waiting for ones on order for weeks...and you get it for such a price.

Good work and Well done!

No it was a brand new boxed unit, and it really wasn't just a case of walking in and asking for it, I wish. I visited loads of places first and kept getting a lower price. I then managed to find a helpful salesman that wanted to make a sale and if I could prove my lowest quote they would not match it but beat it. I was just lucky I guess but they charged me more than I wanted for the warranty but overall a great deal I thought.

I found that a lot of stores further away from the city had stock, Myers even quoted me 18 units on stock but they wouldn't come down that much. I tried HN but they are so rude and the guy there said why would I sell you a TV for less than $4K when I have stock and can sell it to another person that'll pay full price.

Sorry about the receipt will scan it in tomorrow.

My advice when haggling is to don't just go in and ask them outright can you match a price. Take your time. It worked for me.

No it was a brand new boxed unit, and it really wasn't just a case of walking in and asking for it, I wish. I visited loads of places first and kept getting a lower price. I then managed to find a helpful salesman that wanted to make a sale and if I could prove my lowest quote they would not match it but beat it. I was just lucky I guess but they charged me more than I wanted for the warranty but overall a great deal I thought.

I found that a lot of stores further away from the city had stock, Myers even quoted me 18 units on stock but they wouldn't come down that much. I tried HN but they are so rude and the guy there said why would I sell you a TV for less than $4K when I have stock and can sell it to another person that'll pay full price.

Sorry about the receipt will scan it in tomorrow.

My advice when haggling is to don't just go in and ask them outright can you match a price. Take your time. It worked for me.

Hi Dackoo

I will take your advice and wait for your receitp. Once I have your receipt I'll come back GG and good luck to me.

Thanks for your receipt in advance.

Cheers

KDL46X3100 = $2979

4 yr Ext Warranty = $429

Total = $3400

Payment = Visa

Bought = 17 Jan

Picked up = 19 Jan

Last one in stock

Sent off for PS3 =22/1

Damn thats bloody awesome. N i thought i had a good deal when i got mine for $3230 incl delivery from Rick Hart. That goes to show these sales guy sure pull out some BS sales talk coz they were telling me that they cant do a price match from the east coast coz of more freight charge to WA, yadi yadi yah... not to mention the "Thats below cost BS..." i got from every store.

what good is the price above when they charge you twice as much for the extended warranty..

its all smoke and mirrors.. you think they are doing you a deal on the TV but then they have rorted you for warranty..

You will NEVER get a 46" X Series on its own for anywhere near $3000.. (unless its been dropped)

i rekon you been sniffing glue and he actually sold you a 46" W series not an X..

i will not believe this deal or half of the others on this forum until I see copies of receipts and so far only two people on this entire forum have bothered to do this..

Edited by netsick

what good is the price above when they charge you twice as much for the extended warranty..

its all smoke and mirrors.. you think they are doing you a deal on the TV but then they have rorted you for warranty..

You will NEVER get a 46" X Series on its own for anywhere near $3000.. (unless its been dropped)

i rekon you been sniffing glue and he actually sold you a 46" W series not an X..

i will not believe this deal or half of the others on this forum until I see copies of receipts and so far only two people on this entire forum have bothered to do this..

Interesting. I will agree with you though as I also believe it's the total cost that is important, but I will say that for me at least I've heard enough stories of issues with LCD's to not take the risk on a 12 month manufacturers warranty.

As to the W or X question well the proof's in the pudding and I'm happy to scan in my receipt tomorrow and post it.

Well if u read the posts about 3-4 pages back & also sumwhere near the start u will see that `cost price' for a 46X is round the $2700 odd mark so if by some luck u managed to buy it for $3k they still profit from u. Numerous ppl have managed to score a 46X for close to $3k here and ones managed to go just below n im sure he'll be happy to prove it with a receipt.

As for the warranty $419 for extended 4 yr warranty isnt really that bad, most others paid round $200 for 2 yrs. Whether u need 4yrs is another question, either case he's still come off pretty damn good at $3400 & he can have peace of mind for the next 5 yrs.