Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

Hi Guys,

Thought Id share mine too, not many 46W prices in the thread so here's mine:

WHAT: KDL46W3100

WHERE: JB at Bundall, Gold Coast

WHEN: Today(19th), in stock with delivery Monday

HOW MUCH: $3040 (TV only) + $329 (Extended Warranty) already have Surge protector/Cable + Free Delivery

STATUS: Promo offer sent today, Im guessing 3-4 weeks for PS3 delivery

All in all, not too bad I think, have seen prices on here of 2900 for TV, but thats ok.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GerryMH
Hi

can someone please send me a copy of the receipt for the 40" W for $2150 or there about, i have the 40" XBR but i cannot stand the sound of the fan, it is very annoying when the screen is on low volume or when the people are talking and no background sounds! My email is mdrazic [at] exemail.com.au

I really did like me xbr only if the fan was not there!!!!

Thanks again!

I got what I think was an ok price for an XBR and delivery after fishing around. I will pm you when I can work it out, is there a minimum no of posts you have to post to activate the pm system.

I got what I think was an ok price for an XBR and delivery after fishing around. I will pm you when I can work it out, is there a minimum no of posts you have to post to activate the pm system.

Yes, 5 posts (I'm pretty sure) before being able to PM.

How much did you get for your XBR?

ok, had plenty of people asking for it, so here it is.

Receipt for KDL40W3100 for $2150

Note that extended warranty was not even discussed until well after the price was agreed to, it was not a condition of getting the price.

Also, all I did to get this price was hand the sales guy a copy of BFOT's receipt for the same price, ask him if he could match it, and walk away and give him some space to talk to his Sony rep.

15 minutes later he came back to me and said he could match it :)

ok, had plenty of people asking for it, so here it is.

Receipt for KDL40W3100 for $2150

Note that extended warranty was not even discussed until well after the price was agreed to, it was not a condition of getting the price.

Also, all I did to get this price was hand the sales guy a copy of BFOT's receipt for the same price, ask him if he could match it, and walk away and give him some space to talk to his Sony rep.

15 minutes later he came back to me and said he could match it :)

i've never had any luck with with the good guys at browns plains, not with any of the four tv's i've purchased recently. congratulations :)

you even had the same salesman that i had last time :blink:

Walked in to Good Guys Nunawading (Vic) and asked for their best price on an X40 and an XBR40 and was quoted $2,950 and $3,250 straight up. A short stroll to Harvey Norman where they couldn't price match, followed by another to JB's where they could do the deal for $2,900 and $3,200 but with a 2 week wait for stock (Harvey Norman was a 1 month wait).

Went back to Good Guys (who had plenty in stock) and asked them to beat $3,200 on the XBR, which they did on the spot with a quote of $3,190. Paid by VISA Gold (to get the extended warranty) and had the box squeezed into the GF's Vitara 45 minutes after we'd first arrived.

The sales guy at Good Guys (Yasmin J) was a pleasure to deal with; no hard sell tactics and he even spent 15 minutes helping us squeeze the box in to our car to avoid the $40 delivery fee. The sales guy at JB's was, by comparison, pushy (I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that JB's main clients are young gen-Y males as compared to GG's gen-X white-good purchasers ... but I digress). Oh, and at no stage did anyone ask for anything other than "the best verbal quote" I'd got. Knowing the "fair value" prices from this forum in advance is the best ammunition you can get. Cheers, and good hunting!

Ashley

Just got the 40" XBR for $3000 at Harvey Norman, Bondi Junction. Will pick up today.

JB Hi-Fi would not match this (he said this was below cost).

I went today to Bing Lee (ACT) and they had on sale 40" W for $2500 including 5 years warranty.

They dropped it $2450 which seems to be ok. However, I looked at the screen and was

not impressed. Static pictures are very good, but moving objects are all pixelized and not sharp.

It is quite noticeable. In addition, the salesman told me that he would not buy such LCD.

However, I looked at the screen and was not impressed. Static pictures are very good, but moving objects are all pixelized and not sharp.

It is quite noticeable. In addition, the salesman told me that he would not buy such LCD.

Couple of things to consider here:

What source were they feeding to the display ?

The out of the box display settings on the Bravia are horrible.

The salesman wasn't trying to sell you a more expensive panel, was he ? :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any of you guys that got good deals on 46" X models in Melbourne would be able to email copies of your receipts to kizmyarse (at) hotmail (dot) com. I saw noddyc43, klif-e, songaz and scrantic say they all got good deals, looking to squeeze in the buy before the 28th for the PS3 deal, so your help/receipts would be greatly appreciated. :)

Also, is there a big difference in quality between the W/X/XBR series? I've been largely looking at the X series at the moment for a nice balance between quality (with the Motionflow stuff) and price, though when I saw some of them in action at JB today, the W series still looked pretty damn good to me. That said, it was just a demo movie, not high speed action stuff or games.

Thanks guys,

Kieran

46" X for $3000 Myer Cairns

id like the receipt aswell please, that sounds unbelieveably good. im in melbourne, but anything for reference to bargain with would be very helpful.

im looking for a 46" w x or xbr series (prefer x,xbr) probably under 3300, if anyone reads this and got a good deal feel free to email me when you get a chance with a receipt or something.

i hope that new stock will be coming in soon; i was in jb the other day and they only had 2 bravias on display...

When: 8/1/08

Where: Harvey Norman Vic

Price: $2450 for tv, $200 for 5yr warranty all up $2650 all on finance.

Other info: Didn't do the 25mnth interest free as then I can't claim it on tax.. went for 36mnth payoff, can claim it all!

Also, picked up there on the spot.. It did fit into the turtle.. Not many places around with any stock left I think?

Hi Ultimate Hater,

Can you please email a copy of your receipt to izsim77@gmail.com?

Reserved my 40W at the local HN Store. $199 for 2 years ext warranty and waiting for the unit to be arrive in the store. Would like to see if the HN store would match 4 years ext warranty. Thanks.

Thanks.

Edited by izsim

46" X for $3000 Myer Cairns

Hi all, this is my first post. Forum is a great source!!

Mate, was hoping you would be able to email me a copy of your receipt also. This is an awesome price!!! Best I have got so far is $3,600 without extended warranty. This is from GGuys at Browns Plains (brisbane) $3,899 from DSE Powerhouse at Springwood including the 5 year warranty which is $389. They had about 5 or 6 in stock that i saw with my own eyes. Hope you can email me that receipt mate. frag_steve@hotmail.com

Cheers

Steve

Guest yazman78

I live in Brisbane and am looking at buying a 46X.

Can anyone give me their best price and preferable a copy of the invoice so that I can bargain down. I would prefer to buy from DSE Springwood. Lowest I have got so far without haggling is $3749 without extended warranty. Would like to get it from DSE as I am moving to NZ later this year and their extended warranty is covered in NZ. Plus they giving me 12 months interest free. DSE also have stock available.

Also one question on performance, is this TV good for watching live sports.

Hey guys,

Bought a 52x3100 last Friday for $5000 deliveried from Radio Rentals Adelaide (instock), delivery will be done on Tuesday and I am quite happy with this price. Havent pay for any extened warranty, I would like to take that risk, however, 4 yrs extened warranty is $339, I might be able to push it down to $200 or less. Best wish to all mates are going to buy a TV in next few days.

Edited by taotaolou

Just got the 40" XBR for $3000 at Harvey Norman, Bondi Junction. Will pick up today.

JB Hi-Fi would not match this (he said this was below cost).

Hi JWH,

Do you mind posting a copy of your receipt? I'm looking for a 40XBR but the best I've gotten is $3350.

Or send it to angec1@optusnet.com.au

Thanks