Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

I got it for 2200 in VIC, just mentioned that some stores were selling it for 2200 and the sales person went to talk to manager and arranged the deal.

with regards to the PS3, has anyone received theirs yet? If so how long did it take for the PS3 to arrive?

I know it says 28days but i assume thats the max time.

Hi can you email me your recipet or at least tell me which shop you got it frim in melbourne?

That would be really fantastic if you could. thanks.

wavhome(at)letsgo_dot_com_dot_au

please replace with @ and . 's.

Edited by harpie

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to JB Hifi in Osborne Park they only go for $2480. The Good Guys stuck with $2480 as well. Retravision also quoted $2480. ALL HAD NO STOCK! Needed to be Pre-Orderd.

I guess it's a little bit more as these units may come from the East (postage/shipping).

Harvey Norman CityWest quoted $2480 today for the KDL40W3100. Seems like everyone's the same. I'll take my quote to another store on the weekend and hopefully be able to find a sweeter deal.

Congratulations on your purchase songaz.

Would it be possible if you could e-mail me a copy of the receipt from klifs ?

I was tossing between the samsung f8 but i'm now considering getting sony xbr instead.

Thanks in advance.

This is a great forum.

I will be buying a KDL46X3100 TV in the next few days, can I also please get a copy of the receipt? my email is chuynh@bigpond.net.au.

Many thanks!!

Not sure how many stores they have in other states, but I got mine from Sony Central Chatswood (40W3100 for $2399 plus a free HDMI cable (worth $70) and a PS3 blu-ray remote (worth $50)).

So if people are having trouble finding stores with stock, maybe try going closer to the source and have a look at Sony Central. $2399 is their official "sale" price for the 42 inch W series and they have official discounts across the range, with a bit of room at least to get some cables etc chucked in.

Any chance you could provide a copy/scan of the receipt indicating that price ($2399) with the goodies thrown in? :)

if you (or anybody else for that matter) can send me a receipt - jblmcc(AT)gmail.com

I'm sure we'd all be really appreciative!

Seems prices over here in WA are about $1-200 more pricey :/

+1 to that!

Anything that improves chances of getting abetter deal would be greatly appreciated!

Me too please!!!

Actually, anyone in Brisbane has gotten the 40'W for under 2300, I'd be very interested (and greatful) for a copy of the receipt scanned for price matching! TIA!

ljbright (at) gmail (dot) com

Edited by asiel

Hi guys,

I got my 40W today from JB Hi-Fi at Miranda today for $2150 + $279 for the additional warranty.

:D

Hi BFOT,

Sounds like you've got a really good price. Can you please email me a copy of your receipt? My email address is suntommy@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Hi All.

Recently I posted a message requesting a receipt for me to go buy my bravia but got nothing.

I understand the ones who bought it for a good price, it's a bit of a hassle, specially because i realize there's a lot of people looking for the same.

But have a bit late xmas siprit and share, we appreciate your haggling abilities, so why not just scan/take a picture with the mobo and upload it to an image service and post the link here for all to benefit from your skills?

HI aussiebuddha

I got a quote for Sonyx 46x3100 for 3500 inclusive of 5 yr warrany, delivery and HDMI cable at JB-HIFI.. but i am still waiting to buy! may be see what's on the horizon.. as CES this weekend in US.

Also 436XBR for 3800 with the same terms as above..

I have a had a real hard time finding a store that actually has stock of the 40" W series in Sydney. Ive callled at least 10 different stores now and none of them have stock. One store even told me they are not expecting more stock till mid Feb!

Hi guys,

I got my 40W today from JB Hi-Fi at Miranda today for $2150 + $279 for the additional warranty.

:D

hey alls.... i'd just purchased my sony 40" w too from domayne livor for 2190 + free delivery + free 2 middle range HDMI cable( banbridges )

very happy with its ....everyone said it's unbelievable deal especially from domayne cause they hardly drop in the price that much (equipvalent to 30%+ drop from its RRP)

PS: got a little idea for warranty....do not attempt to buy extra warranty from the retailer u buy the gears from as sony has its own free in home pick up 4 years warranty for 350 plus if u registered for my sony member, u'll also get another 5% discount off from that....so don't be silly like me to get rip for 239 = 2 yrs warranty = ( ....damn i should just be patience n get warranty from sony

PS: got a little idea for warranty....do not attempt to buy extra warranty from the retailer u buy the gears from as sony has its own free in home pick up 4 years warranty for 350 plus if u registered for my sony member, u'll also get another 5% discount off from that....so don't be silly like me to get rip for 239 = 2 yrs warranty = ( ....damn i should just be patience n get warranty from sony

Thanks for that handly little piece of info. I just ordered my 40X from Myer yesterday and their extended warranties are about $500 for an extra 4 years and $315 for an extra 2 years :blink:

WHAT: KDL46XBR

WHEN: 5/01/2008

WHERE: The Good Guys, Brighton, Victoria [salesman: Dean Glew]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 2yr extended warranty and delivery ($3838)

TV - $3600

2 Yr Warranty - $200

Delivery $38

DELIVERY: Got delivered 2 hours after puchase :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I live approx 30 mins away from Brighton

MAILED: Not yet, will do this tomorrow.

Cheers

Xan

Edited by xanataus

Guest cruiserman_80

My best Price for Sony Bravia 52X3100 was $5150 which included 4 years additional warranty.

I originally got that price from HN Maitland with 2 years add warranty. Bing Lee at Thornton matched it and upped the ante to 4 years add warranty which JB Hi Fi at Kotara (Newcastle) and Joyce Main at Bennets Green also matched.

However the only store that had stock was Joyce Mayne so I picked it up from there on the 2nd Jan.

The panel is outstanding. The bonus PS3 makes it even better value.

Note: Found out that the Harvey Norman and Joyce Main (Same company) extended warranty does not cover fair wear and tear although JB HiFi and Good Guys claim their's do. Joyce Main salesman also said warranty covers in home repair but not mentioned in paperwork.

PS Does anyone know if you can program a skip on Digital Channels so you dont have to scroll through all the digital radio and 5 versions of the same program??

Craig Maitland NSW

I believe that stands for Suggested Retail Price.

I'm used to RRP being used...Recommended Retail Price. Hadn't heard of srp.

If that's the case and that's what it means it sucks a bit as I'll be paying under 3k for it.

'edit' Just found the details on Sony's site...Standard Retail Price so I guess that rules out using their extended warranty then. And I thought Myer were expensive.

Edited by KAYAR

I'm used to RRP being used...Recommended Retail Price. Hadn't heard of srp.

If that's the case and that's what it means it sucks a bit as I'll be paying under 3k for it.

'edit' Just found the details on Sony's site...Standard Retail Price so I guess that rules out using their extended warranty then. And I thought Myer were expensive.

I think most australia retailers use the acronym RRP more often. I noticed quite a lot of US online retailers are using the acronym MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) instead.

PS Does anyone know if you can program a skip on Digital Channels so you dont have to scroll through all the digital radio and 5 versions of the same program??

Yes, just program in a favourites list (check your manual, as I had a friend help me set mine up. ;))

Cheers!

amyf