Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased a 52" Bravia XBR on 30th Dec. Details:

WHAT: KDL52XBR

WHEN: 30/12/2007

WHERE: Retravision Knox City, Victoria [original salesman was Len Gardner on 29/12, then Aidan Pivetta on 30/12]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty - TV invoiced at $5231, +4yr Warranty at $369. Extra $30 to deliver. Delivery ETA mid Jan 2008

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered for serial number.

Another relative of mine then purchased the 46" from the same salesman on 31/12, paid $3750 for the TV. Both of us wanted to take advantage of the Amex offer (10 bonus points for every $ spent at certain electrical stores) that finished 31/12.

cheers

Kevin

I purchased a 52" Bravia XBR on 30th Dec. Details:

WHAT: KDL52XBR

WHEN: 30/12/2007

WHERE: Retravision Knox City, Victoria [original salesman was Len Gardner on 29/12, then Aidan Pivetta on 30/12]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty - TV invoiced at $5231, +4yr Warranty at $369. Extra $30 to deliver. Delivery ETA mid Jan 2008

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered for serial number.

Another relative of mine then purchased the 46" from the same salesman on 31/12, paid $3750 for the TV. Both of us wanted to take advantage of the Amex offer (10 bonus points for every $ spent at certain electrical stores) that finished 31/12.

cheers

Kevin

ok we r open today (NEW YEAR DAY) @ DSE Powerhouse springwood

And because I think we won't get any customers.

If any of you guys in brisbane want a deal.

WEll come see me now,because i'm definately willing to negotiate

Edited by eckles

Good Guys had a catalogue with the 40" Sony LCD TV with bonus PS3 going for $2499 a few days ago. I assume the 40" TV is the X-Series? Can someone who has bought one off the GG please kindly confirm? Many thanks.

Good Guys had a catalogue with the 40" Sony LCD TV with bonus PS3 going for $2499 a few days ago. I assume the 40" TV is the X-Series? Can someone who has bought one off the GG please kindly confirm? Many thanks.

no, thats the W series

X is around $3000+

W is still a great tv, only lack motionplus, which is overrated

Hey, just want to thank everyone for all the posts on the prices and experiences. All the info helped a lot!

Earlier today I bought a 40" W at HN Waurn Ponds for $3000 including 5 year warranty, surge protector and delivery all on their 25 months interest free. I'm pretty pleased given they had it marked for $3k just for the tv alone (but really, who were they kidding?)

Already posted in the other thread, but I figure people can use this info as they will...

46X, GG Maribyrnong, 3390 delivered mid-late Jan, deposit paid Dec 31. Other stores in the area wouldn't come close to it, best was 3500 for the display model. Also got an Akari GL1510BL stand for 450: not outstanding but I'm comfortable with that.

Hey, just want to thank everyone for all the posts on the prices and experiences. All the info helped a lot!

Earlier today I bought a 40" W at HN Waurn Ponds for $3000 including 5 year warranty, surge protector and delivery all on their 25 months interest free. I'm pretty pleased given they had it marked for $3k just for the tv alone (but really, who were they kidding?)

I guess i will give my input too...

i bought 40W3100 for $2450 + 299 4 yr extended warranty. (Syd alexandria HN)

did i pay too much on the warranty?

I guess i will give my input too...

i bought 40W3100 for $2450 + 299 4 yr extended warranty. (Syd alexandria HN)

did i pay too much on the warranty?

If your insurer is the Narta group, then I think you are paying around $22 too much for your 4 years extended warranty.

I paid $179 for extra 2 years which I think is enough cover till what ever HD standard is out by then.

If your insurer is the Narta group, then I think you are paying around $22 too much for your 4 years extended warranty.

I paid $179 for extra 2 years which I think is enough cover till what ever HD standard is out by then.

I am not sure which group is offering the cover.... i was not given any booklets or anything.

i didn't know that i have the 2 year option, or i would have gone that way... ...

Has anyone had any experience with stores price matching with receipt/docket evidence from other states?

Am looking at the kDL40W3100 - So far the cheapest I have seen it on DTV is around the $2300-2400 mark (TV only)

Has anyone got prices in this range from WA stores?

I got it for 2200 in VIC, just mentioned that some stores were selling it for 2200 and the sales person went to talk to manager and arranged the deal.

with regards to the PS3, has anyone received theirs yet? If so how long did it take for the PS3 to arrive?

I know it says 28days but i assume thats the max time.

I got it for 2200 in VIC, just mentioned that some stores were selling it for 2200 and the sales person went to talk to manager and arranged the deal.

with regards to the PS3, has anyone received theirs yet? If so how long did it take for the PS3 to arrive?

I know it says 28days but i assume thats the max time.

in regards to the ps3, please see this thread

anyone got their ps3 yet

Hi Altf4, any chance you could scan or take photo of your receipt? Would help me with getting a better price out of my local stores (like getting blood from stone)

+1 to that!

Anything that improves chances of getting abetter deal would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Altf4, any chance you could scan or take photo of your receipt? Would help me with getting a better price out of my local stores (like getting blood from stone)

Hi, would really appreciate if you can send copy of the receipt as well. I'm thinking aboutgetting one, and anything that might help me getting a good deal will be very helpful. Thanks in advance! :)

Went to BingLee Rhodes NSW tonight.

Advertised price on 46X is $3699.

He said best price $3500 without me asking.

I wanted 4 year warranty included.

He said that would be fine.

Said thanks and left.

Still not sure if I should switch to an LCD from my Pio but this looks like screen alone would be $3200-3300?

hi all, I'm looking to buy an 46 x series.

can you guys who paid $3300 or less please send me an email with a receipt for me to use to get the store to match?

emails au_mario on yahoo.com.au

ta

Has anyone had any experience with stores price matching with receipt/docket evidence from other states?

Am looking at the kDL40W3100 - So far the cheapest I have seen it on DTV is around the $2300-2400 mark (TV only)

Has anyone got prices in this range from WA stores?

I went to JB Hifi in Osborne Park they only go for $2480. The Good Guys stuck with $2480 as well. Retravision also quoted $2480. ALL HAD NO STOCK! Needed to be Pre-Orderd.

I guess it's a little bit more as these units may come from the East (postage/shipping).

Not sure how many stores they have in other states, but I got mine from Sony Central Chatswood (40W3100 for $2399 plus a free HDMI cable (worth $70) and a PS3 blu-ray remote (worth $50)).

I picked it up the same day from their loading bay in World Square, George Street, Sydney and it was an absolute Alladin's cave of Bravia LCDs, stacked to the ceiling. Whilst waiting for the sales guy to get me my cable, I hung out down in that basement with the guy who shuffles the boxes around as he happily showed me how their security system worked and we both pondered how much stock was crammed into the room. I was tempted to try a very dark Jedi mind trick and fashion a quick upgrade to a big XBR... :unsure:

So if people are having trouble finding stores with stock, maybe try going closer to the source and have a look at Sony Central. $2399 is their official "sale" price for the 42 inch W series and they have official discounts across the range, with a bit of room at least to get some cables etc chucked in.

Sales guy called Ferdinand in Chatswood was very helpful and fixed up some problems with my order (I was buying an amp at the same time) in a very professional way.

http://www.sonycentral.com.au/

great thread guys, I am now seriously considering picking up a 40W.

Can anyone who has picked one of these up for under $2300 in Brisbane send me a PM, I'd love to get a copy of the receipt or at least the name of the store/salesperson.

Cheers.