Best Price For Sony Full Hd Lcd Tv With Bonus Ps3

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I might use the DSE catalogue as a leverage point. Went to DSE Powerhouse at Nunawading, picked up the catalogue and went in to look around.

Eventually I asked about the 46" X and the advertised price of $3343, thats a misprint and they wont be honouring it. He pointed out that the CAT code (small number next to the wording) is clearly in reference to the D series.

And this is what is clearly on their shelf at the price in the catalogue. I was ready to be on my way as I was only here to pick up the catalogue to use as leverage.

However I thought I would ask about the price they would do for the 46" X Series. I didn't really give him room to move as I said the best price I have is $3300.

He came back after a while and said the boss will approve it if I pay for it today.

I said I will if delivery is included.

Deal was done.

Could have bought 5 year warranty for extra $250 if you are interested.

I guess if you wanted to be technical my receipt says $3275 + $25 Delivery.

interesting, was good of them to offer u $3300 even though they said they wouldnt honour the catalogue price of $3343

would you happen to know the name of the sales person that gave you that deal? looks like i should speak to him too lol

Edited by songaz

Guest pharves
Yesterday a mate of mine got a 40" X-Series from Clive Anthony's at Kedron in Brisbane for $2960, they also were selling the 46" for $3600

Thats were I got my 40" xbr. $3160 with 6 months interest free.......

40" W for $2300 from JB at indooroopilly (price of tv only).. although we also got suckerd into cables (silly me), warranty and i decided to get a sony AV reciever too.

Sony clearance center at the DFO do factory seconds for $2327, We had an opportunity to get cost+3% from retravision one weekend for $2310..

Edited by lronpaw

Just got a 46" W Series for $3051 from JB. Not sure if this is good? Hope so. Was $3330 with a 5 year warranty. This is no deposit over 12 months - they would have gone cheaper for cash but we didnt have it. Good that we get a PS3 delivered too. Good considering my modded PS2 now takes 10 mins to load most discs. Yay! Anyone get a deal like this? We shopped around a bit. Good Guys were gonna give us $3580 with warranty. Everywhere else was at a minimum $3800 ish inc 5 yr warranty. Bing Lee being the next best after JB and Good Guys. Can't believe the ridiculous prices Good Guys charge for warranties. Does it cover more or something?

guys, i went in to numerous jb & HN stores in melbourne and asked " i can get the XBR 52 inch for $5300 - most of them have said they can match it but not beat it. So if you can get it for $5300 - MAYBE $5250, then forget what other places have them on for and ticketed price.

I was THAT close to buying the XBR 52 for $5300 and the bonus of the PS3 for bluray play made it a VERY tempting offer... but i went with the Kuro LX for $5450

Went to my local Harvey Norman, which had their interest free campaign running, and they told me that they wouldn't do a deal under $3495. I said, No way! He said with my needing the interest free, there was no deal that they could ever make.

Went across the street to local Clive Peters, and told the salesman there that I wanted the TV on a 24 interest free payment plan at price of $2900 to $3100. He said that they could only do $3300. I said no, and began to leave. They then returned and said that they would talk to the manager. He came out and said it could be done for $3100.

So I walked out a happy man! Got the price I wanted on the TV I wanted (40x3100), on the payment plan that I needed. Also, I have the PS3 already, so I am going to sell mine when it arrives and use it towards the price of the TV. Woohoo!

Guest filthy_goat

Hi Stalker

I'm near Joondalup and in the market for a Sony LCD. Could I get a scan of your receipt please.

kirkland at global dot net dot au

many thanks

Edited by filthy_goat

Anyone in Canberra that's looking for a 46X, HN Fyshwick matched the Dick Smith catalogue price ($3343) and were after another $249 for the 5Y warranty. I just ordered one for a total of $3592.

Hi I am looking to get one of these, would you remember the name of the salesperson or can you email me a scan of the docket please to anthony.t.le@gmail.com? I am in the ACT also. Cheers.

Edited by Paragon

Paid $3500 total for all of the following today at Sony Central, Chatswood, NSW:

KDL40W3100 40 inch W series full HD TV (ostensibly for the "sale" price of $2399)

Plus...

STRDA3300ES 7.1 channel AV receiver (RRP $1999)

Extra HDMI cable ($85)

PS3 Blu-Ray / DVD remote control ($49)

Free PS3 ($699)

All set up and working beautifully so far - very impressed with the Bravia Theatre Sync where the TV and receiver talk to each other over HDMI, and the receiver's OSD is a total dream. Plenty more tweaking to do but so far so good.....

Hi I am looking to get one of these, would you remember the name of the salesperson or can you email me a scan of the docket please to anthony.t.le@gmail.com? I am in the ACT also. Cheers.

Hi Paragon,

The salesperson i spoke to was Arthur. I'm in Sydney til after new years but can scan a copy for you after then if required.

I simply took a printout from the Dick Smith catalogue and he matched it. Let me know how you go.

got my 46X from jb nunawading yesterday with the help of klif's receipt. they matched the price on his receipt but would not go lower

so i ended picking it up for $3370+190 for 5yrs extended warranty, pretty happy with the price, thanks to klif :)

Congratulations on your purchase songaz.

Would it be possible if you could e-mail me a copy of the receipt from klifs ?

I was tossing between the samsung f8 but i'm now considering getting sony xbr instead.

Thanks in advance.

This is a great forum.

got my 46X from jb nunawading yesterday with the help of klif's receipt. they matched the price on his receipt but would not go lower

so i ended picking it up for $3370+190 for 5yrs extended warranty, pretty happy with the price, thanks to klif :)

Congratulations on your purchase songaz !

Can someone kindly e-mail me a copy of the receipt from klif ?

my e-mail address is berean_mountains@yahoo.com

I was thinking of getting the samsung 46 inch F8 but I'm now considering sony instead.

I think this is a great forum !

Hi Songaz, thanks for the receipt .

So this was for the 46x series model , I just went to HN earlier and the guy there said he can give me the 40" inch XBR model

for 3700 with 4 yrs extended warranty.

Hi all

I'm looking to pick up a new Sony Bravia 46" X series over the next few days and noticed a few of you get this for under $3,500... I was wondering if anyone could send me a copy of their receipt to help with a price match.

My email address is stevemavros@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Voodoo Rob

These are not the best prices, bit something for people to work with who live Warnbro WA way...

Port Kennedy Harvey Norman telephone enquiry. Did not assk on 52" foolishly.

XBR Series

40" $3,299

46" $3,999

X series

40" $3,199

46" $3,699

At David Jones in Perth, the marked price on the 52XBR was $7,700. The did not look too offended when I asked why it was nearly $1,000 over RRP. They also offered me a whopping deal for a Pioneer LX508 of $6,800. Not the best place to buy, but they have on display Pioneers 60" and 50" close to the 52"XBR, so comparissons are possible.