Sign in to follow this  
kello

Samsung Free Lcd Waiting Room

Put a deposit on the LA40M on 31st December. No stock in store but promised 'early in the new year'.

Paid balance for TV on 12th January, no stock, promised 15th Jan delivery.

Emailed a scan of the receipt to the Samsung promition email.

Phoned and was told 22nd Jan delivery.

Finally got the TV on the 24th, updated the S/N on the promotin web page.

25th faxed the receipt to Samsung.

25th receive email confirming my free tv - yay!

20mins later receive an email reply to the 'scanned in' email saying they can't change my details, I'll have to do it myself...

Looking forward to my free TV!

Jim

So has anyone got their LCD yet???? I was told mid January, but not looking good so far, anyone got it yet?

cheers

Justin

So has anyone got their LCD yet???? I was told mid January, but not looking good so far, anyone got it yet?

cheers

Justin

got mine last week

cheers

Justin

i rang up and they said they are out of stock and it seems like stock will be replenished mid feb.

Not happy but i will ring again.

Been away for the long weekend and have just got home and neighbour took delivery of my free LCD for me on Friday...

I ordered my 50in FDX over the weekend - however - as we ALL KNOW via the various Samsung threads - there's about a 2-3 week ORDER DELAY for fullfillment (probably even more !!).

I went into the Samsung promotions website - and registered my details - no real issue - apart from not having the Serial Number. Got my redemption reference number.

Then their site says that all the details / forms need to be filled in WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF PURCHASE !!

HELL - how is THAT going to happen when Samsung are behind in orders (and replacement parts) ????? This would be FINE if I was expecting the store to deliver on the same or next day.

I'm obviously ONLY at the start of that long 'free LCD' chain - but it will be interesting to see what may come over the next few mths.........

Edited by tonyjg

Been away for the long weekend and have just got home and neighbour took delivery of my free LCD for me on Friday...

Did your neighbor tell you about the TV or did you notice the TV when you visited and saw the box lol

Also when did you buy your Plasma/LCD and fax the forms through?

Edited by Spinner31

Did your neighbor tell you about the TV or did you notice the TV when you visited and saw the box lol

Also when did you buy your Plasma/LCD and fax the forms through?

I received my 46f81 on 28/11/07 and completed paperwork sameday with Samsung. So they just made it into the 8 weeks for delivery of the free LCD as per their terms and conditions on the promo...

(Lucky I have an honest neighbour as I might have missed out on it...)

reminds me of that TV advert.... now which brand was that again ???

Hi everyone - just to let you know that today I managed (by virtually pleading with lower down Samsung staff) to speak with Justin who is one of the supervisors at Samsung Promotions (he told me he's not the boss of the Promotions Dept which I think has been alluded to somewhere in these forums) and he was very helpful and quickly resolved my problem otherwise I may not have received my free 26" LCD TV even after receiving a confirmation email on 10-12-07 confirming that they had received ALL my paperwork and my free TV was "ready to go" subject to the 6-8 week waiting period (of course!).

My problem was that my retailer gave me an incorrect serial # before I took delivery of my 46" F81 TV and so I registered for the free 26" TV straight away using that serial # - a few days later when my 46" TV was delivered I checked and found a different serial # to the one my retailer had given me! I immediately went online and corrected the wrong serial # by overtyping it with the correct serial # and it all accepted ok etc etc.

Wanting to be sure all was ok I managed to get Samsung Promotions (Justin) to reply to my email way back on 10-12-07 and he confirmed I had done the right thing and that my free TV was all ok to be sent as per their previous advice. Well, a week later (17-12-07) the problems started as I got an email from them saying, amongst other things, "We have been unable to process your registration, either because you have not included a copy of your purchase invoice, or you have provided an insufficient receipt, not detailing the model of the LCD TV and the date of purchase".

Of course, I emailed them asking what on earth was going on given they'd emailed me a week before saying all paperwork was received and my free TV was "ready to go". On 28-12-07 I got a reply from Justin saying "Thank you for contacting us. We confirm again that your LCD claim has been processed. However, you received that email as a result of you having more than 1 registration on our database. We have 2 registrations from you, and only 1 has been processed. Kindly advise if you have purchased more than 1 LCD. If you have, we will need to process the a copy of the other receipt. However, if the other registration was a duplicate and you have only made 1 purchase, we will delete the unprocessed registration. Please advise."

As you'd expect, I replied that same day stating I had only bought one 46" F81 TV and I explained about the initially incorrect serial # and what I had done to correct it online on their site. I asked for an email reply to confirm everything was still ok for me to get my free TV.

Well, as of today 29-1-08 (a month later) I've had no reply from Samsung so I rang and after several times of getting their "Leave a Message Service" I finally got a real person who said he needed to transfer me to Justin as there was no record of my paperwork being received! Of course, I didn't successfuly get thru to Justin as it went to his Answering Machine! Ready to pull my hair out, I rang again 2 or 3 times until I managed to get a real person answering again and I pleaded with them to take my name and number and to give it to Justin (rather than try to transfer my call to him only to get his Answering Machine again). The person did this.

Anyway, Justin rang me shortly thereafter and we discussed my situation AND it turns out I had to scan my purchase receipt again and email it to him this arvo even though I told him I already had 2 confirmation emails saying all required paperwork had been received from me - I was ready to do anything at this stage just to get thru this fiasco and so I did that and he rang me back to say he had received my email with the scanned copy of my receipt and that he would backdate my free TV's date to 10-12-07 (the date of my first confirmation email otherwise a fresh 6-8 week waiting periond would have started from today! and so he should have (started the 6-8 week waiting period from 10-12-07) seeing I had an email dated 10-12-07 confirming everything was ok for my free TV.

So, everyone, I wonder how many others of you out there might have a problem with your free TV that you are unaware of like me even though you have the email confirmation that all paperwork had been received by Samsung Promotions and your free TV was "ready to go" in 6-8 weeks time? I guess my case was unique seeing I had initially supplied an incorrect serial # (not my fault) which resulted in me having 2 records on their data base for a free TV - but, there is no excuse for them wanting me to send proof of my purchase again today when it had previously been sent and acknowledged by them in not one but 2 separate emails that I still have copies of on my PC!

Here's something of interest to you all, he did say they are waiting on new stock to arrive and this means I should get my free 26" TV in a week to 2 week's time. I then received yet another confirmation email late this arvo from them! Hopefully nothing else will go wrong! Justin was friendly, helpful and apologised for their stuff up.

Sorry this has been an epic everyone but I guess it needed to be so that you can understand what I have been through - I think I need to take a Valium now to relax;-)

Cheers

powerman1

Edited by powerman1

i think i may have been the one who mentioned justin on the forums. in my case, it seems they chose not to do anything to my file from the 7/12/07 to 7/1/08!!! and then like yourself, they tried "resetting" the 6-8 weeks. i'm getting a 32" white lcd now :D apparently it'll be here in a week. i doubt it though...

i'm getting a 32" white lcd now apparently it'll be here in a week. i doubt it though...

Did they mention you will be getting the 32" over the phone or did they say it in an email?

Edited by Spinner31

over the phone. but i have the agents name and phone call details which states this as being autho'd by the manager of promotions. i called back yesterday to double check and it still is. apparently its an upgrade campaign they have as a backup. does anyone know which model this 32" will be? i assume its not the current one, but on their website i cant find any reference to a white 32".

Edited by simonr23

it will probably just be the 32" model from the same series as the 26" we are all getting which i believe is R... i saw it today on the back of the new myer catalogue.

over the phone. but i have the agents name and phone call details which states this as being autho'd by the manager of promotions. i called back yesterday to double check and it still is. apparently its an upgrade campaign they have as a backup. does anyone know which model this 32" will be? i assume its not the current one, but on their website i cant find any reference to a white 32".

Ill believe it when i see it lol Smasung are far from reliable. Ringing them again reminded me when i used to be in their returns department. They sound like temps and they sound like theyre not paid nearly high enough to care! If no one answers straight away i just hang up as i know the phone is on "dock" :D (thats what i would do when i had had enough of hearing people complain lol). Thankgod i dont work there anymore. :)

Oh this is interesting to think maybe they are giving a 32" instead of the 26" (albeit daggy white - IMO) perhaps to those who have been stuffed around and who talk to them on the phone, BUT, I agree with you, we need to know which model it is as it might be one of their lower quality models (perhaps not with a HD tuner etc etc)?

I have already onsold my free 26" TV to mates who paid me for it weeks ago even though I still have not received it! Although my mates might be pleased with a bigger TV (if I could get Justin to agree to give me one for all their stuff ups) I would first want an answer to the question "which model is the 32 inch? and does it come in black?"

Cheers

powerman1

it wont come in black, that much i asked and had answered.

kello, i understand your p.o.v and i feel/felt the same. i do believe that i will be getting the 32", but i dont believe it'll be in 1 week.

it wont come in black, that much i asked and had answered.

kello, i understand your p.o.v and i feel/felt the same. i do believe that i will be getting the 32", but i dont believe it'll be in 1 week.

Hi Simon :)

I didnt mean to question the arrangement they have made with you, i just was pessimistic about there being a widespread campaign where they upgrade everyone. But its great to see you being rewarded for your effort and chasing up! :)

Well, the free set arrived today without warning. I was told it would be 6 to 8 weeks from 6 December so it came within the time slot. Just.

Hadn't heard from them since the 1 January message and was holding my fire until February and the 8 weeks had run out.

TV was white (which I'd asked for) and - get this - 32r81 - which I hadn't expected at all. So the upgrade rumor is true!!

It's larger than I wanted for the bedroom, but I'm not complaining!!

Now, for the replacement 46f81 and I'll be very happy indeed!

cheers

So you think Samsung is bad. We recently purchased a HP computer on behalf of a client. At the time, there was a promotion and we got in on the last day. That was three weeks ago and I got an e-mail today confirming they had received and approved our application and we should expect to receive our promotion in 75 days.

It's $250 worth of BigPond vouchers!!! Why on earth would it take 75 days to post out some vouchers?

We have another one in with Samsung for a $200 cash-back on a multi-function printer. Can't wait to see how long it takes them to write a cheque and post it. :angry:

So you think Samsung is bad. We recently purchased a HP computer on behalf of a client. At the time, there was a promotion and we got in on the last day. That was three weeks ago and I got an e-mail today confirming they had received and approved our application and we should expect to receive our promotion in 75 days.

It's $250 worth of BigPond vouchers!!! Why on earth would it take 75 days to post out some vouchers?

We have another one in with Samsung for a $200 cash-back on a multi-function printer. Can't wait to see how long it takes them to write a cheque and post it. :angry:

I propose we start a revolution! We hereby declare a "free tv" = a free tv from the store we buy it from! :)

No more waiting for sony to send out your ps3. No more waiting for confirmation emails. You hand over your money...you smile...they confirm youre a happy customer and make you happier by giving your free tv then and there!!

Technically, its also false advertising. They claim to be giving us a tv valued at 1199 (or thereabouts). We accept that offer. So its a contract. We receive the tv months later. Is it the same value as to what we agreed upon?

Whos with me! Lets get our pitch forks and head down to samsung in homebush bay! :) I want my free lcd already so i can stop complaining about the wait and start complaining about ghosting issues and dead pixels lol :D

I also got a 32" white lcd tv today without warning :D

I was going to ebay the sucker anyhow... this obviously should go for more than the 26" one so I am ecstatic!