Samsung Free Lcd Waiting Room

On another note anyne got calibration settings for their smasung 50 inch p9 plasma

"Please allow a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks for delivery of your settings.

We have not anticipated the demand for these items so we are experiencing delays. We are trying to clear all remaining deliveries in the next 2 weeks. "

Repeat this message for the next 2 months !

:P

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Please allow a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks for delivery of your settings.

We have not anticipated the demand for these items so we are experiencing delays. We are trying to clear all remaining deliveries in the next 2 weeks. "

Repeat this message for the next 2 months !

:P

Too true! I remember hearing that message back in early March, and it's still the same message today! I gave up after sitting on hold for 10 minutes.

i am so furious with this whole ridiculously unproffesional promotion . i purchased a p9 on 13th december lodged redemption that night , recieved email saying they have received all relevent info and they will be dispatched mid january , i gave it a couple of months then rang to see what the holdup was , same story as alot of you guys got - didnt have all info , gave it to them no problems should be out to you soon . ring back asking to be upgraded to 32 inch because of the long wait , three times i recieved confirmation from consortium operators that yes the upgrade has been approved will be dispatched straight away , no tv ! so i get back on the phone and finaly get through to ed the manager . he assures me it will be a 32 inch and it will be dispatched straight away .

yesterday recieved a 26inch tv

i am pissed .... wait 5 months and get a tv that is now worth considerably less .

Well...the same thing happened to me. Got a 26 inch which was left on my front door step with no protection or security in full view of the public (although it was wrapped in black plastic if you stopped to read the tag it read that the parcel was from Samsung so it wouldn't take a dickhead long to work out it was worth taking). I just happened to be driving past my house in my lunch break and saw it sitting on the stairs. I was promised a 32" so I took the parcel inside and tore off the corner to read 26". I instantly rang Consortium to give them a mouth full who basically didn't want to talk to me or acknowledge me (thanks Ed for your most unprofessional lack of phone ettiquette) and no-one was prepared to talk to me or return my call for that matter. I then decided to ring Samsung who advised me that I shouldn't take delivery of the television and to leave it on the front steps as they would organise Consortium to call me back and organise pick up. They also said that they would escalate my complaint to a lady called Daria who is the Head of Promotions for Samsung in Australia who was having a meeting with Consortium the next day at 11.00am for which either Daria or Ed would return my call. Guess what....that was four weeks ago....television still hasn't been picked up and no-one from either Samsung or Consortium have returned my calls. Great service you guys! It sounds to me that Samsung are just as bad as Consortium. Thank god I didn't follow their advice and leave the television on the verandah. Oh and get this...the customer service guy at Samsung suggested that I ring the ACCC and dob both Consortium AND Samsung in....Excellent....

Well...the same thing happened to me. Got a 26 inch which was left on my front door step with no protection or security in full view of the public (although it was wrapped in black plastic if you stopped to read the tag it read that the parcel was from Samsung so it wouldn't take a dickhead long to work out it was worth taking). I just happened to be driving past my house in my lunch break and saw it sitting on the stairs. I was promised a 32" so I took the parcel inside and tore off the corner to read 26". I instantly rang Consortium to give them a mouth full who basically didn't want to talk to me or acknowledge me (thanks Ed for your most unprofessional lack of phone ettiquette) and no-one was prepared to talk to me or return my call for that matter. I then decided to ring Samsung who advised me that I shouldn't take delivery of the television and to leave it on the front steps as they would organise Consortium to call me back and organise pick up. They also said that they would escalate my complaint to a lady called Daria who is the Head of Promotions for Samsung in Australia who was having a meeting with Consortium the next day at 11.00am for which either Daria or Ed would return my call. Guess what....that was four weeks ago....television still hasn't been picked up and no-one from either Samsung or Consortium have returned my calls. Great service you guys! It sounds to me that Samsung are just as bad as Consortium. Thank god I didn't follow their advice and leave the television on the verandah. Oh and get this...the customer service guy at Samsung suggested that I ring the ACCC and dob both Consortium AND Samsung in....Excellent....

So how long had you waited after lodging the redemption form?

Been trying to get through to them for a few days, and today I got through within a minute... I was so shocked I almost forgot what I wanted to say. Anyway the call centre rep on the phone told me that no more 32's are going out, and that 26's would be on their way soon. I asked what soon meant and he said that he could not give any ETA...

So anyway, it's the same old story. Keep us in the dark as before! No apologies, no nothing.

Anyone else still waiting?

Hey Guys, I'm sorry to see this sh.t is still going on. I would advise each and every one of you (including those who took up the second round offers "minimum of 6 to 8 weeks") to lodge a complaint with the relevant fair trading dept in your states. I waited almost 16 weeks and it was only because I lodged my complaint with fair trading that I got the R8 (within 2 weeks of lodging the complaint). You need to argue that the promotion is essentially the 'same' and that most people from the first promotion received the 32'. what does a 'minimum' of 6-8 weks mean? I would argue that anything after 8-9 weeks breaches the term 'minimum'. I see this as an unclear term ripe for misunderstanding. The other argument to argue is that the TV is NOT woth the $1200 advertised and that you were mislead at the onset.

Attach all the emails and correspondance you have had with Samsung and Consortium (including) Fuk-'ED' to strenghten your argument.

Good Luck guys!

This just gets better and better.

After getting thru to speak to someone I find out they do not have my receipt anymore

after 19 weeks. Details confirmed correct and received on Jan 11th, Lodged JAN 4th.

Refax receipt direct, someone calls me back saying it is no good, must have $0

balance. OK, I go into store and get receipt reprinted now showing $0 balance. Refax receipt, guy says he will phone if he doesn't get it.

Hear nothing. Three days later I ring up again just to check all is OK. We don't have your receipt. WTF :blink::angry2:

Refax receipt AGAIN. Guy says I'll ring you back if i don't get it. No call, all good.

Phone again next day to check it's there. Person answers and checks details. No we don't have it still. WTF

I ask for Tony, the guy handling it all apparently. She gets him and he confirms that he does have it, all good :)

WRONG - I get email today saying

Thank you for purchasing a Samsung TV and applying to participate in the "Samsung Bonus LCD TV" promotion.

The response to this offer has been overwhelming, and we apologise if you have experienced some delay.

We are unable to process your claim because we need a formal store receipt showing payment in full, and clearly indicating the model number and the date of purchase, as soon as possible.

This promotion is now being finalised and we ask that you complete your claim by mailing us a copy of your receipt along with a print out of this email so that it is received by (Friday 23rd May 2008), after which time no further claims can be accepted.

No further claims will be accepted. Like F#$%ing hell they wont be sending it. I am going interstate first thing tomorrow for three weeks and let me say -

NOT HAPPY JAN :angry2:

Edited by Jutta

Jutta,

Write a letter to Samsung and lodge a complaint with Consumer Affairs/Fair Trading in your state. That's what I had to do in order to get things moving. Phone calls can be avoided, dodged etc and there's nothing in writing. Someone will probably abuse me for this, but too bad. There's no record when calling other than your own diary notes so you really should follow up your calls with letters/faxes etc. Painful, yes, but worth it.

hmmm looks like my post got lost due to the problems with the site last week.

Anyway - to restate my position. 46inch LCD purchased from Myer end-Nov last year. Redemption completed immediately. TV received in January. Serial Number provided to samsung to finalise redemption requirements immediately.

Waited. And waited. And waited.

Contacted samsung several times via email and phone.

Eventually gave up and sent them an email saying I was taking it to the Office of Fair Trading.

Contacted OFT who contacted Samsung for me on Monday. Samsung gave them the usual 'overwhelmed by responses' spiel, and said that they would deliver my tv straight away.

It turned up Friday(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), unfortunately I didn't get to the Post Office in time to collect it though so will have to wait until to today to see whether its just a 26inch or if I'll be lucky enough to score a 32 like some people.

I'm just happy that it finally arrived. Sucks that I had to contact OFT to get them to deliver the goods though

Lost my post too. Anyway, don't get me wrong, I was always prepared to wait and am not going to work up an ulcer about this. But the lack of communication is the killer... especially for those (including myself) who paid upfront in order to secure the deal and had to wait 7 or more weeks for the paid for TV - in my case the PS50P91FDX. I finally got the paid for TV and am (sort of) happy - very happy with the TV I paid for but all Samsung have to do is send an e-mail every now and then to let us know how it's going!

I actually wrote a letter to Samsung regarding the delay in receiving the paid for TV along with submitting e-mail feedback via the website. They called me back twice although it was about a month after receipt of my e-mail and letter, so they missed the point really... but the people who called me were well mannered and obviously as disappointed as I was with what was going on. My issue with the paid for TV was that I was told it would take 2-3 weeks, but it ended up taking 7 weeks - and the store had no idea when it would be arriving. During this wait, I called Samsung's customer service line and they basically told me that the store was lying to me, that they don't make TV's in Australia (really? Who would have guessed?) and that shipment worldwide was being delayed due to popularity. Now add the delay for the bonus TV on top of that, which is now worth a lot less than the promotional material indicated.

If Samsung had been communicating to me all along regarding the paid for TV and the bonus TV I would have tolerated it, as I have been advised that several people at Samsung have lost their jobs over this issue. I understand how difficult logistics can be, especially in our tiny little part of the world (1+% of the global market and I would guess the shipping costs here would be pretty high too).

But to hear the recorded message stating "...new stock arriving within the coming weeks..." and having that message repeated ad infinitum for 2 months... Well, that's a bit poor. But hey, we all get free TV's so isn't that great. I have never seen a redemption scheme run on time anyway. I recall waiting 3 months or longer for an HP $100 cashback about 3 years ago.

Aaaaaanyway... at the end of the day, I think a lot of people (including myself) would have been happier if Samsung only called or e-mailed us to let us know what was going on - that's all. From the tone of some of the messages here, it seems that a lot of people would have tolerated the delays if only they knew what was going on.

Enjoy your free TV's everyone!

Aaaaaanyway... at the end of the day, I think a lot of people (including myself) would have been happier if Samsung only called or e-mailed us to let us know what was going on - that's all. From the tone of some of the messages here, it seems that a lot of people would have tolerated the delays if only they knew what was going on.

Enjoy your free TV's everyone!

Yes, I would have tolerated the delay if something was done at Samsung's end to contact and advise people of the situation.

I was waiting patiently and only called them up after the olds got there TV after 6 weeks. I had been waiting 17 weeks at that stage. Then, only to find out my receipt no longer existed.

In the space of three weeks my perception of Samsung has changed dramatically

Edited by Jutta

Eventually gave up and sent them an email saying I was taking it to the Office of Fair Trading.

Contacted OFT who contacted Samsung for me on Monday. Samsung gave them the usual 'overwhelmed by responses' spiel, and said that they would deliver my tv straight away.

I contacted the OFT 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them till date. Looks like they are "overwhelmed by response" too.

I don't know if the OFT did it or it was my e-mail to Consortium but a 19" LCD was sent to me without any e-mail or any other communication. Their e-mail arrived this morning, long after post tried to deliver and 2 days after I picked it up from my post office. It looks like they're trying to shut me up by giving me the freebie.

Follow-up with OFT is due today :

1) The freebie has lost so much of its value, I might as well toss it in the bin. They claimed $599 but deliberately waited so long for the price drop and then gave it. The retail price is now $396 (HN Broadway) and I have photos to prove it.

2) I haven't been able to give it to my parents in time for their anniversary. Not happy about that.

3) I couldn't complain if they gave it to me on time but Samsung haven't delivered on their promise. They wrote in their terms and conditions that "We do not accept any variation in the value of this offer" so why are they giving it after the value has dropped.

4) If some smarta** argues that "You wouldn't have said complained if the price had gone up and they had sent the 19" TV" but then Samsung would've sent the 15" model, saying "We reserve the right to substitute the TV with one of equal or greater value".

This promotion is a classic case of "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose". Samsung gets massive sales volumes at a higher price (because TVs were a lot costlier in Dec-Feb) and they give people the free TV after the substantital price drop in April/May. There is some merit in this point and let me see the OFT's reaction.

EDIT :

Looks like OFT is also slacking on the case. Called them up and now they say their response time is 14 to 21 days, up from "resolved within 14 days" on their site. They said they will write a letter to me outling the action that was taken and I can watch out for it in my mailbox. Seven more days of this and I'm going to talk to someone in SMH for a follow-up story.

Edited by kulfi

Hi everyone - just to let you know that today I managed (by virtually pleading with lower down Samsung staff) to speak with Justin who is one of the supervisors at Samsung Promotions (he told me he's not the boss of the Promotions Dept which I think has been alluded to somewhere in these forums) and he was very helpful and quickly resolved my problem otherwise I may not have received my free 26" LCD TV even after receiving a confirmation email on 10-12-07 confirming that they had received ALL my paperwork and my free TV was "ready to go" subject to the 6-8 week waiting period (of course!).

My problem was that my retailer gave me an incorrect serial # before I took delivery of my 46" F81 TV and so I registered for the free 26" TV straight away using that serial # - a few days later when my 46" TV was delivered I checked and found a different serial # to the one my retailer had given me! I immediately went online and corrected the wrong serial # by overtyping it with the correct serial # and it all accepted ok etc etc.

Wanting to be sure all was ok I managed to get Samsung Promotions (Justin) to reply to my email way back on 10-12-07 and he confirmed I had done the right thing and that my free TV was all ok to be sent as per their previous advice. Well, a week later (17-12-07) the problems started as I got an email from them saying, amongst other things, "We have been unable to process your registration, either because you have not included a copy of your purchase invoice, or you have provided an insufficient receipt, not detailing the model of the LCD TV and the date of purchase".

Of course, I emailed them asking what on earth was going on given they'd emailed me a week before saying all paperwork was received and my free TV was "ready to go". On 28-12-07 I got a reply from Justin saying "Thank you for contacting us. We confirm again that your LCD claim has been processed. However, you received that email as a result of you having more than 1 registration on our database. We have 2 registrations from you, and only 1 has been processed. Kindly advise if you have purchased more than 1 LCD. If you have, we will need to process the a copy of the other receipt. However, if the other registration was a duplicate and you have only made 1 purchase, we will delete the unprocessed registration. Please advise."

As you'd expect, I replied that same day stating I had only bought one 46" F81 TV and I explained about the initially incorrect serial # and what I had done to correct it online on their site. I asked for an email reply to confirm everything was still ok for me to get my free TV.

Well, as of today 29-1-08 (a month later) I've had no reply from Samsung so I rang and after several times of getting their "Leave a Message Service" I finally got a real person who said he needed to transfer me to Justin as there was no record of my paperwork being received! Of course, I didn't successfuly get thru to Justin as it went to his Answering Machine! Ready to pull my hair out, I rang again 2 or 3 times until I managed to get a real person answering again and I pleaded with them to take my name and number and to give it to Justin (rather than try to transfer my call to him only to get his Answering Machine again). The person did this.

Anyway, Justin rang me shortly thereafter and we discussed my situation AND it turns out I had to scan my purchase receipt again and email it to him this arvo even though I told him I already had 2 confirmation emails saying all required paperwork had been received from me - I was ready to do anything at this stage just to get thru this fiasco and so I did that and he rang me back to say he had received my email with the scanned copy of my receipt and that he would backdate my free TV's date to 10-12-07 (the date of my first confirmation email otherwise a fresh 6-8 week waiting periond would have started from today! and so he should have (started the 6-8 week waiting period from 10-12-07) seeing I had an email dated 10-12-07 confirming everything was ok for my free TV.

So, everyone, I wonder how many others of you out there might have a problem with your free TV that you are unaware of like me even though you have the email confirmation that all paperwork had been received by Samsung Promotions and your free TV was "ready to go" in 6-8 weeks time? I guess my case was unique seeing I had initially supplied an incorrect serial # (not my fault) which resulted in me having 2 records on their data base for a free TV - but, there is no excuse for them wanting me to send proof of my purchase again today when it had previously been sent and acknowledged by them in not one but 2 separate emails that I still have copies of on my PC!

Here's something of interest to you all, he did say they are waiting on new stock to arrive and this means I should get my free 26" TV in a week to 2 week's time. I then received yet another confirmation email late this arvo from them! Hopefully nothing else will go wrong! Justin was friendly, helpful and apologised for their stuff up.

Sorry this has been an epic everyone but I guess it needed to be so that you can understand what I have been through - I think I need to take a Valium now to relax;-)

Cheers

powerman1

hi powerman

do you have that email contact for Samsung handy fortheir promotions department ?

ben sitting on their horrible on-hold musiv for 40mins while trying to get through

This just gets better and better.

After getting thru to speak to someone I find out they do not have my receipt anymore

after 19 weeks. Details confirmed correct and received on Jan 11th, Lodged JAN 4th.

Refax receipt direct, someone calls me back saying it is no good, must have $0

balance. OK, I go into store and get receipt reprinted now showing $0 balance. Refax receipt, guy says he will phone if he doesn't get it.

Hear nothing. Three days later I ring up again just to check all is OK. We don't have your receipt. WTF :blink::angry2:

Refax receipt AGAIN. Guy says I'll ring you back if i don't get it. No call, all good.

Phone again next day to check it's there. Person answers and checks details. No we don't have it still. WTF

I ask for Tony, the guy handling it all apparently. She gets him and he confirms that he does have it, all good :)

WRONG - I get email today saying

Thank you for purchasing a Samsung TV and applying to participate in the "Samsung Bonus LCD TV" promotion.

The response to this offer has been overwhelming, and we apologise if you have experienced some delay.

We are unable to process your claim because we need a formal store receipt showing payment in full, and clearly indicating the model number and the date of purchase, as soon as possible.

This promotion is now being finalised and we ask that you complete your claim by mailing us a copy of your receipt along with a print out of this email so that it is received by (Friday 23rd May 2008), after which time no further claims can be accepted.

No further claims will be accepted. Like F#$%ing hell they wont be sending it. I am going interstate first thing tomorrow for three weeks and let me say -

NOT HAPPY JAN :angry2:

hey jutta

have you got the fax number hnady for the promotions department ?

hey jutta

have you got the fax number hnady for the promotions department ?

Fax number for "Consortium" - 02 9748 3903

This is the company now handling the redemptions

ATTN it to TONY

He seems to be THE guy.

Hi All,

Just one quick note: I regret to inform my membership to the Samsung Bonus TV Waiting Room is no longer valid, as I just received my 26 inch telly - after 8 weeks and 5 days...Samsung Promotions were pretty good overall, good enough I say. Maybe I was on the last wave of the redemption, whereas it seems a lot of people had far worse experiences than me. Good luck to all those still waiting, I think Samsung / Consortium are in the finalisation stages of the redemption offer, so shouldn't be too much longer...I don't think a redemption like this will ever happen again...

Liam.

Hi All,

Just one quick note: I regret to inform my membership to the Samsung Bonus TV Waiting Room is no longer valid, as I just received my 26 inch telly - after 8 weeks and 5 days...Samsung Promotions were pretty good overall, good enough I say. Maybe I was on the last wave of the redemption, whereas it seems a lot of people had far worse experiences than me. Good luck to all those still waiting, I think Samsung / Consortium are in the finalisation stages of the redemption offer, so shouldn't be too much longer...I don't think a redemption like this will ever happen again...

Liam.

If by 'finalisation stages' you mean - they are out of stock and have no more in the warehouse to send out

then yes there are in the finalisation stages of the redemption offer.

I have been in contact about 7-8 times in the past two weeks and everything looks to be sorted for my own claim.

In their own words "Not sure what stock levels are like down there, I don't think we have any left to send out straight away" - this was when I said "you will be sending the TV today right".

I finally got a guy who has a bit of pull in the despatch part and from what I could gather and assume, they do have a few TV's for people who really get stuck into them. Looks like long delays for everyone still waiting. What's another month or three. It's only been 20 weeks so far for me. I was patient for 17 weeks. Note to all. Don't be patient.

Hi All,

Liam.

I wouldn't be accepting the 26" as they are only worth around $850 now.

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...msung+26+lcd+tv

I wouldn't be accepting the 26" as they are only worth around $850 now.

I'm going to return the 19" to Samsung so welcome to the party, mate. I've got a week to go before the slackers in OFT respond to my complaint stating the same fact.

If by 'finalisation stages' you mean - they are out of stock and have no more in the warehouse to send out

then yes there are in the finalisation stages of the redemption offer.

I have been in contact about 7-8 times in the past two weeks and everything looks to be sorted for my own claim.

In their own words "Not sure what stock levels are like down there, I don't think we have any left to send out straight away" - this was when I said "you will be sending the TV today right".

I finally got a guy who has a bit of pull in the despatch part and from what I could gather and assume, they do have a few TV's for people who really get stuck into them. Looks like long delays for everyone still waiting. What's another month or three. It's only been 20 weeks so far for me. I was patient for 17 weeks. Note to all. Don't be patient.

Jutta,

When they refer to stock levels down there, where exactly do u live?