Samsung Free Lcd Waiting Room

My 46" F8 was bought back in November 2007.

I still havent got my bonus 26" LCD.

I have emailed them.

I just tried to call them on (02) 8204 4555, but no answer. Is this the correct number?

What is going on???

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who may receive their LCD's from this so-called batch which has just arrived......Will you guys be accepting it! Once you accept the delivery, you can't make a claim for an upgrade or anything else! I will refuse delivery!!

You accepted their TERMS, get over IT!. <_<

Haha, it's Australia post, they don't care, you don't need to sign for it. They'll leave it at your door step in the middle of the day while you're at work, of you're having it delivered to your work they'll just leave it with reception, I really don't see how you're going to "refuse" it, by the time you see it, it's already been accepted in the Aus Post system.

My 46" F8 was bought back in November 2007.

I still havent got my bonus 26" LCD.

I have emailed them.

I just tried to call them on (02) 8204 4555, but no answer. Is this the correct number?

What is going on???

Call promotions and find out... 1300 780 910

Let's NOT go over this again...pre 15 Jan 2008, their terms were 6-8 weeks....not minimum of 6-8 weeks!! :blink:

If their terms are unacceptable to you, go to Consumer Affairs in your state and see what they have to say. Otherwise, accept delivery and be done with it.

Exactly how many weeks "over" are they, and what do you really expect to get from them?

Those who may receive their LCD's from this so-called batch which has just arrived......Will you guys be accepting it! Once you accept the delivery, you can't make a claim for an upgrade or anything else! I will refuse delivery!!

I'm getting the feeling these people didn't even want their second TV's and just want to sell them. So now they're wanting to get the full MSRP from samsung instead of the TV and the half that they would get for a second hand sale?

Offer is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the offer with an alternative of equal value. The Promoter accepts no variation in the value of the offer.

It's in their terms and conditions. Why cry because the other kids got a better lolly than you did?

Try 02 8204 4555 then 0 when then message starts.

I always ask for a supervisor first but there never seems to be one. Craig was the guy who helped me today.

Thanks Ratto.

Spoke with a really helpful lady (name escapes me) at Samsung late yesterday who advised they have all of my details but it was not included in the batch that was being sent this Friday. Anyway, when I queried why not, she was going to chase up and call me back (we'll see about that).

Best response I have had with Samsung in 2mths. It looks like the new promotions group are really trying to get this moving.

Offer is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the offer with an alternative of equal value. The Promoter accepts no variation in the value of the offer.

It's in their terms and conditions. Why cry because the other kids got a better lolly than you did?

Yes, the promotor is also obligated to meet the other conditions of the disclaimer..... :blink: 6-8 weeks delivery is also a condition which the promoter hasn't complied to. Sicarius123 and simopimo, read the rest of the previous pages before asking the same old repeating questions. People have already been to ACCC and Samsung has been found to be in breach of the Trades Practises Act. :wacko:

Hi guys

I sent my confirmation print-off and receipt to Samsung last week via registered post. I'm not in any hurry to receive the tv considering the waitlist but was just wondering if I will receive another confirmation confirming that they received my letter/receipt?

Cheers

Alex

Well after things going smoothly last month and having received a letter from Samsung last week that all documentation was received and all they needed was my serial number upon receipt of the TV things took a U-turn over the last couple of days. Rang Samsung promotion number on Tuesday to give serial number of TV received last Monday. Spoke to a guy whose name sounded like Ramesh. (can't input through internet anymore) He checked my name and said there might be a problem. Because I bought TV on credit through a Melbourne company who provided me with a layby receipt and told me that was all I needed to claim the freebie was told by this guy that the layby docket may not be sufficient proof of purchase. Told him that the letter from Samsung say all documents are correct. He said he would check abd get back to me. Took my phone number and I gave him the serial number of my 46f82. Heard no more so rang today (took several tries like on Tuesday ro get through) to check and spoke to Jessica. Told her about my communication on Tuesday and that I had not received a reply as was promised. she said no one of that name in her office, so who did I talk to? She checked and no serial number had been put in or any other info re any communication on Tuesday. She gave me the spiel that I needed more than a layby docket to receive the freebie. Said I needed a receipt or other proof of purchase showing my name, cost and date of purchase. I had an invoice that came with the TV so she said to fax to her with the serial number on it. Didn't want it scanned and sent by email, had to be faxed to a number she gave me. Had to go to a mates place as I don't have a fax machine. Luckily the invoice had the 29th Feb on it otherwise I think I might have been stuffed. I ordered the TV on 2nd February and up till now all went well. Took over three hours for the fax to finally go through. Will check again tomorrow to make sure fax has been received. Getting a little frustrated after feeling good abut it all. The left hand obviously doesn't know what the right is doing. You have to keep on them otherwise you may not get anything. I at least got confirmation but that still wasn't food enough. I feel for those who have been waiting for so long wiyhout any confirmation and even then if you don't check you might be waiting a long, long time.

Hi guys

I sent my confirmation print-off and receipt to Samsung last week via registered post. I'm not in any hurry to receive the tv considering the waitlist but was just wondering if I will receive another confirmation confirming that they received my letter/receipt?

Cheers

Alex

I got 1 by snail mail roughly 2 weeks later that they received my details and that I needed to call a 1300 no to update the S/N to apparently hasten its delivery.

Yes, the promotor is also obligated to meet the other conditions of the disclaimer..... :blink: 6-8 weeks delivery is also a condition which the promoter hasn't complied to. Sicarius123 and simopimo, read the rest of the previous pages before asking the same old repeating questions. People have already been to ACCC and Samsung has been found to be in breach of the Trades Practises Act. :wacko:

Couldn't agree more with you vinex - that 6-8 weeks was clearly not complied with for quite a few 16-1-08 purchases and that has been confirmed as a breach by a phone call to Consumer Affairs and I also know several people rang the ACCC on the matter - I agree that if they haven't got supplies then there will be delays but there seem to be alot of "stuff ups" going on with these free TVs - mine a classic example (posted previously on this) - only got my free TV by sheer persistence and with the help of the friendly/helpful supervisor Justin (is he still there I wonder?) - perhaps that's why a new company is now handling it?

I think an upgrade from 26 to 32" is certainly not unjustified where a company breaks a written down condition and I would be asking them nicely to agree to upgrade you (I think you've already emailed them without any reply!) - however, I think I'd be reluctant to not accept the 26" TV if it arrived at my house if I had not first got written confirmation (email) from Samsung Promotions to upgrade me to a 32" TV - I mean, you may have to go through a long wait again or they may somehow say you failed to accept the TV and so you don't want one and so they will not send another one out (even a 26" one)!

Sorry, I'm not trying to be nasty or negative but am just trying to help by thinking of what could eventuate - if only you could get to speak with Justin on the phone (if he's still there!) - how about ringing them and plead to be put through to Justin as your case is problematic and you've had an email reply once before from Justin (he had actually emailed me so I didn't make that up) - that's what I did - however, when they tried to transfer me to his phone it went to his answering machine thingy so I hung up and rang again and this time pleaded with the person to write down my name and phone number and give it to Justin to ring me ASAP to help solve my problem with my free TV and he did ring me (very quickly) - that's how I got his personal email address at Samsung Promotions.

Perhaps it would be appropriate to contact your state's Consumer Affairs Dept and raise the matter with them - with a printout of Samsung's conditions for pre 16-1-08 purchases and your receipt showing date of purchase and other proof of when Samsung said they'd received all your paperwork for the free TV then you'd have all the evidence you'd need for Consumer Affairs to investigate as it appears you are getting nowhere by other means of contact with Samsung Promotions.

Cheers

powerman1

Edited by powerman1

Vinex, stop posting the same old boring posts then! Have YOU been to Consumer Affairs in your state? If not, just do it. There's no use ranting about it here. What's the point in posting to a forum that Samsung probably aren't reading anyway? If it bugs you that much, go to Consumer Affairs/ACCC and DO something about it!

Vinex, stop posting the same old boring posts then! Have YOU been to Consumer Affairs in your state? If not, just do it. There's no use ranting about it here. What's the point in posting to a forum that Samsung probably aren't reading anyway? If it bugs you that much, go to Consumer Affairs/ACCC and DO something about it!

Mate, I'm waiting since end of October. Each time I email them I get the standard reply, that they have my details and will contact me when they are ready to ship. I'm begining to get the shits but hell, its free so I'll wait a bit longer.

Mate, I'm waiting since end of October. Each time I email them I get the standard reply, that they have my details and will contact me when they are ready to ship. I'm begining to get the shits but hell, its free so I'll wait a bit longer.

#@$% that's long, probably the longest wait I've read. Are they sure they've got your details. I'd be politely putting the heat on these guys if I was you.

Since Oct? has anyone else waited this long? U sure ur even in their system lol?

Btw, my friend bought a 46" Sony XBR with free PS3 promotion. He bought it before the new year and only just got it recently.

Apparently due to being stuffing around by sony, they gave him free HDMI cables.

I guess if Samsung customers have been stuffed around for so long, samsung should give em something.

Cash is out of the question obviously. But an upgrade in screen size, extended warranty, gift vouchers or even free samsung mp3 player shouldnt be too difficult.....

Yah i called yesterday and they said it would be sent out in the next couple days, so maybe theres a new batch coming through. The lady on the phone said tvs are going out to people who registered in november and december. I registered in late december so hopefully it should come in the next couple days unless the woman on the phone was outright lying her face off!

:rolleyes:

Powerman1 thanks for the advise. I see your point about not accepting the delivery. Spoke yesterday to a lady called Jessica...sounded helpful. I have been guaranteed by her that a supervisor or manage will call me today to advise what Samsung are going to do about their breach in condition....Let's wait and see...

And Simopimo.....this is a thread where people discuss their "Waiting Times for their Samsung LCD". If these discussions are not relevent to you, you are most welcome to leave this thread and not read our discussions. Obviously its relevant to other people who haven't received their LCD's yet!! And by the way, I have already called ACCC! :angry:

A friend of mine purchased an F46 on the last day of the promotion, he rang Samsung promotions and they said dont mail it in, dont e-mail it in, they're only wanting people to fax it in.

So far we've been trying to fax it for two days and it keeps coming back busy!