Samsung Free Lcd Waiting Room

Hi jaffa_cree - I emailed Justin in Samsung Promotions after I received my free TV and enquired about registering it and what to do if I sold it to a friend and this is what he replied with - I've cut and pasted below the relevant bits from his email reply to me;

"You should be able to register your warranty online/mail using the enclosed

letter as a proof of purchase since you did not purchase it. If you are

unable to, kindly contact Samsung Customer Care to obtain assistance on how

you may do so.

If you wish to sell it to a friend, I would suggest writing an authorization

letter to provide your friend with, as proof that you have received the TV

as part of a promotion, and are selling it to a friend."

Hope this helps - that's all he told me.

Cheers

powerman1

so just to confirm it, if i sell it to my friend, i need to give him an authorization letter saying that the TV was bought during the promotion period, and probably a copy of the receipt of the 46F8 is it ?

thanks.

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking, aside from the fact that it's fraud, I guess there's probably little Samsung can do. Still, it's surprising how people want to take advantage of any chance they can get...

Ease up and take a breath. If you read my post you will see that the offer was by the retailer to exchange, credit or refund primarily because they have no idea when they are receiving new stock for my replacement tv and it has been 11 weeks since I originally paid for television. Without wanting to debate the morals of this issue, posters suggesting this is fraud or dishonest on my part is absolutely laughable!!!!!!! Honestly, I would prefer a workable tv, the model that I originally purchased, however, given Samsung's inability to supply my retailer with stock within a reasonable time frame, I will happily consider the options given to me.

so just to confirm it, if i sell it to my friend, i need to give him an authorization letter saying that the TV was bought during the promotion period, and probably a copy of the receipt of the 46F8 is it ?

thanks.

AFAIK, all you need is an authorisation letter and the invoice receipt of the promotion TV which you'll get when the TV is delivered (not your original purchase TV). Selling to a friend should be OK, but to me, if you sell it to a stranger and you need to supply them all this personal info, there could potentially be security/"identity fraud" issues...or I could just be paranoid and cynical :unsure:

AFAIK, all you need is an authorisation letter and the invoice receipt of the promotion TV which you'll get when the TV is delivered (not your original purchase TV). Selling to a friend should be OK, but to me, if you sell it to a stranger and you need to supply them all this personal info, there could potentially be security/"identity fraud" issues...or I could just be paranoid and cynical :unsure:

i didn't get any invoice receipt for the promo TV, unless its kept inside the LCD box, which i haven't opened as yet since i want to sell it as an in box item. but if the receipt is inside, i wouldn't mind opening it up.

any help guys?

thanks.

i didn't get any invoice receipt for the promo TV, unless its kept inside the LCD box, which i haven't opened as yet since i want to sell it as an in box item. but if the receipt is inside, i wouldn't mind opening it up.

any help guys?

thanks.

There is a letter attached to the black plastic in an envelope, its behind (under) the consignment / shipping details. It is from samsung and has all the details you need on it.

There is a letter attached to the black plastic in an envelope, its behind (under) the consignment / shipping details. It is from samsung and has all the details you need on it.

Ditto.

It's in the envelop sticky taped to the black plastic bag the box comes in. It's can easily be mistaken for just an address label. It'll have a letter from Samsung saying "please keep this letter for warranty.."

Ditto.

It's in the envelop sticky taped to the black plastic bag the box comes in. It's can easily be mistaken for just an address label. It'll have a letter from Samsung saying "please keep this letter for warranty.."

thanks guys for that..

i did throw the whole black cover into the dustbin.. and just dug up into it and found it !

cheers.

Has anyone got any updates on getting there 26" upgraded to a 32"?

No reply from the email I sent to the manager last week, will call them tomorrow.

I emailed the manager last week too but have still not heard anything from that either. I will call again tomorrow too but I have called every week for the past 3 weeks and they just keep telling me that it'll be here next week. Next week comes and nothing. It's now just past 10 weeks since purchase and registration. Getting very frustrated..... :angry2:

just wondering, with these freebie lcds, is that 1 year warranty on them or the same amount of warranty as purchased on the main lcd tv?

thanks.

As far as I can see from Samsung's website, LCD televisions come with a 3 year warranty.

ALL 32" hopefuls

I am a happy customer! I received my TV this morning, and not only was it a 32" black TV as promised, I can now clarify that the model is the newer R81BDX model, not the R71 as previously thought.

I haven't had a good look at it yet but from memory it has 2 additional HDMI ports. I'm sure there are other benefits which will come to light upon further research!

HAPPY DAYS!

K.

After 12 weeks of being mucked around by the promotions company I was told by Ed that my television was sent on the 20th March (Last Thursday, mind you I was promised it would be sent the week before.) I pushed and finally got them to provide me a consignemnt number which I won't post here but it consists of ten digits (Numerical).

I then go to eparcel.com.au to track it's whereabouts as it is now a week later (yes I know there were public holidays) and surprise surprise......nothing.

have I been given the correct type of consignment number. Is anyones tracking number alpha numerical?

Jeez I'm getting tired of this.

K.

After 12 weeks of being mucked around by the promotions company I was told by Ed that my television was sent on the 20th March (Last Thursday, mind you I was promised it would be sent the week before.) I pushed and finally got them to provide me a consignemnt number which I won't post here but it consists of ten digits (Numerical).

I then go to eparcel.com.au to track it's whereabouts as it is now a week later (yes I know there were public holidays) and surprise surprise......nothing.

have I been given the correct type of consignment number. Is anyones tracking number alpha numerical?

mines just plain 10 digit numerical.

I guess if anyone's learned anything from this whole process it's not to trust a word that consortium say regarding your claim. I was told my telly had been sent last thursday however upon calling several times to australia post have found it was only sent yesterday. This is less than acceptable from a company who prides themselves on delivering on time and on the money.

I also would like to point out that being a call centre, Consortium is in the business of communication. Their lack of knowledge and consistant information is intolerable. The unkept promises just continue to point out that they should not be handling this promotion for Samsung either. If I were their employer (Samsung) I would have fired them long ago. 12 weeks to wait for a television that was clearly promised within 8 weeks is a joke.

Their lack of consideration for both their employer (Samsung) and their customers (Us) is less than impressive. They only claim they could make that would be the absolute truth is "we pride ourselves on being innacurate with our information and promise to not keep our promises"

Surely a little "truth" wouldn't go astray.

Edited by Khtulu

Australia Post just delivered my free TV!

Can't believe it arrived soooo fast after all the troubles you guys have been through!

I only submitted my serial number last Monday the 17th March, and 10 days later its here!

Can't wait to get it home!

btw.....I got a 26incher.....TV that is...

:D

K.

I found eparcel website almost as crappy as the company looking after the promotion. i called australia post direct and although i was on hold for about 5 minutes before getting through to an operator, i found them very polite and informative, they even told me that my panel was going to be on an afternoon run and to expect it later in the afternoon... I got it the next day and the website still showed it was sitting in the Sydney Depot..

K.

I found eparcel website almost as crappy as the company looking after the promotion. i called australia post direct and although i was on hold for about 5 minutes before getting through to an operator, i found them very polite and informative, they even told me that my panel was going to be on an afternoon run and to expect it later in the afternoon... I got it the next day and the website still showed it was sitting in the Sydney Depot..

I guess if anyone's learned anything from this whole process it's not to trust a word that consortium say regarding your claim. I was told my telly had been sent last thursday however upon calling several times to australia post have found it was only sent yesterday. This is less than acceptable from a company who prides themselves on delivering on time and on the money.

I also would like to point out that being a call centre, Consortium is in the business of communication. Their lack of knowledge and consistant information is intolerable. The unkept promises just continue to point out that they should not be handling this promotion for Samsung either. If I were their employer (Samsung) I would have fired them long ago. 12 weeks to wait for a television that was clearly promised within 8 weeks is a joke.

Their lack of consideration for both their employer (Samsung) and their customers (Us) is less than impressive. They only claim they could make that would be the absolute truth is "we pride ourselves on being innacurate with our information and promise to not keep our promises"

Surely a little "truth" wouldn't go astray.

I agree totally , im sick of the lies and misinformation, i registered on the 13th december and still have not recieved LCD , supposedly i have been upgraded to a 32inch , only after expressing how dissapointed i was with the whole process .. then same crap alot of you guys have said , telling me it will be sent next day only to ring up a week later saying they are waiting on stock . i think we should be placing our complaints squarely with samsung , not this promotions company consortium who is handling these shenanigans , i'm going to try and contact someone at samsung and let them know how dissapointed and pissed off i am with their bait advertising. I would like to thank all you guys that have posted comments on here without this forum i would be totally in the dark to this whole situation

Well...here I am posting my story for the first time. I have been reading all of your stories since we purchased our television. We have been waiting since the beginning of December for our promotional LCD. We have received confirmation emails from Samsung (the first confirmation being 7th December) and we have also rung countless times, left messages with message service, rang Samsung direct and sent countless emails and we have received no reply from Samsung.

Fed up to the eyeballs we blew the crap out of our Retravision sales guy (yes we know it is not his fault) but we stated to him that if Samsung are pissing their customers off and they are standing by willingly promoting their products they are just as bad! He got on the phone to Samsung directly who couldn't help him (more like refused to help him and he is the Manager of the local Retravision store - we stood right beside him when he made the call). They gave him a number for the promotions team and surprise surprise - the hold up is because we didn't provide them with a serial number (that is their excuse). I was actually amazed that he got through because we can never get through!

Total BS - we rang the number through and gave it directly to a guy, we faxed it through and then emailed it through all on the same day (because we didn't want to miss out on the promotion - ha ha ha!!!). So we gave them all of the information again. We have been promised that our television will be in the next batch which apparently is being received in 4 weeks.

Our Retravision man rang us back this afternoon and said he had been talking to a mate of his at Samsung about this and he reckons that the original marketing company have refused to hand over information to the new marketing company and they have little/few details to work with. Apparently they are receiving thousands and thousands of pissed off people calls and these phone calls are what they are trying to fill the information blanks in with.

I would suggest that if you haven't received any information on your LCD TV and you purchased it as far back as I did it might be worth making the phone call to the ACCC AND signing the petition. I would definitely hound the crap out of them because I wouldn't be surprised if we end up missing out all together. I think will put a complaint into the ACCC if I haven't heard anything directly back from Samsung by the end of the week (despite what Retravision Man said because I think we are being fed crap).

I will keep you all posted.....