Samsung Free Lcd Waiting Room

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Dept of Fair Trading has something to do with this. I had lodged a complaint with them 2 weeks ago and asked them to investigate the delays in people receiving their LCD's. I had received a 26" LCD but they called me back this week to say that will upgrade it for the 32". I will be sending back the 26" back to Samsung and they will replace it with a 32" free!! I had not unboxed it.

Powerman1, persistence pays off!! :rolleyes:

Hey vinex - congratulations - I'm so glad for you - see, I told you it would work and it did:-) This is a nice gesture by Samsung and I am glad they are doing it as it will help redeem their image in our eyes:-)

Cheers

powerman1

Edited by powerman1

Another small hiccup to recount. Phone the samsung telephone line a couple of weeks ago to record my serial number - spoke to a human, told them the serial number, got it logged was told everything is now underway to receive the bonus lcd. But get home this afternoon to see email in my inbox from samsung extolling me to provide them with the serial number as they hadn't received it, so this time I did it through the website.

Surely in this day and age it can't be that hard to setup a process that allows for the recording of serial numbers against an individual purchase of a qualifying product and then ship the bonus item however with the amount of issues with the management of this promotion there are obviously serious complexities to which I am oblivious as there is issue after issue raised on this forum with respect to this promotion.

So I suppose I will go back to the fingers crossed methodology with respect to waiting for my bonus LCD.

Hey vinex - congratulations - I'm so glad for you - see, I told you it would work and it did:-) This is a nice gesture by Samsung and I am glad they are doing it as it will help redeem their image in our eyes:-)

Yes, Powerman1. You would also remember that a few sceptical people were not willing to go down the Dept of Fair Trading path and said we were wasting our time. Thanks to our persistance, many other people on this forum are benefiting now by getting the 32" upgrade free.

I got a couple of calls from the Dept of Fair Trading last week acquiring further information and investigation this issue....

Justice is served......

Thanks to people like Ratto and Homersyd and others

Cheers guys and enjoy the 32" LCD...

I doubt that fair trading had anything to do with the decision. I think Samsung realise the position they put themselves in and before it got that far. In terms on compensation they were pro-active. It's interesting that they've upgraded to 32" as well as this is one of the most common requests for compensation by ourselves. It is not a surprise to anyone that both Samsung and the promotional company Consortium read this forum.

Like insurance companies the dept of fair trading just don't work that fast.

Edited by Khtulu

Hey,

Thanks for the mention vinex, unfortunately my girlfriend accepted and opened the 26 inch lcd from aus post about a week and a half ago while I was away (still away for another 5 weeks).

I think I will call Samsung promo and ask for consideration for a 32 inch because I waited more than the 6-8 weeks as agreed to on contract.

Will let all know how I went over the next few days.

I'm really glad that many of you are getting upgraded because of the unexpected delays, but as you can understand I am disappointed that I am not because of the place I am in the queue.

Good luck to all!

called Samsunf promo yesterday they are hopeless, i spoke to them on 4th march to give them my serial number and he assured me he had put it in. yesterday i call to check and they say no serial number in our system so i gave it to them again. ZVery frustrating.

I doubt that fair trading had anything to do with the decision.

Well in that case, Samsung would not be calling me up and acknowledging that they had received a complaint by Dept of Fair Trading in terms of upgrading people with a 32" LCD because the previous promotional company had set the precedence by compensating customers for receiving their LCD's late. It was a case of treating all customers equally.

Well in that case, Samsung would not be calling me up and acknowledging that they had received a complaint by Dept of Fair Trading in terms of upgrading people with a 32" LCD because the previous promotional company had set the precedence by compensating customers for receiving their LCD's late. It was a case of treating all customers equally.

Hey vinex.

Youd didn't make that clear before I lodged my post. I guess I should go and hide back in my hole.

you just made that up.

I spoke to Samsung today and they said it was luck fo the draw that I got the upgrade and it's purely to do with what stock is available.

I spoke to a guy (Craig - great bloke) at Samsung promotions today about some people getting upgraded to 32 inch and others not.

He agreed that it was completely unfair but doesn't understand why others aren't getting the upgrade especially if they entered the promo earlier and had been waiting longer. (He told me that this was actually happening - the people getting 32 inch is pretty much done at random).

He gave me his manager's email address and told me to "kick up a stink".

So I wrote a big email to him but probably won't get a response until next week.

If anyone wants his email or to see what I wrote, send me a pm.

If anyone else has had contact with them, let me know, we can compare notes :)

I spoke to a guy (Craig - great bloke) at Samsung promotions today about some people getting upgraded to 32 inch and others not.

He agreed that it was completely unfair but doesn't understand why others aren't getting the upgrade especially if they entered the promo earlier and had been waiting longer. (He told me that this was actually happening - the people getting 32 inch is pretty much done at random).

So I wrote a big email to him but probably won't get a response until next week.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago, I did get an answer from them but I also received the 26" which I was entitled to, not the 32" upgrade. I'm happy with the 26", good luck you never know you may get upgraded now as they seem to be doing more of this lately.

Just wondering if anyone has got an upgrade from the free 19" to a larger size.

I bought the TV on the 15 Jan and am still waiting for the freebie.

It would be great if an upgrade can be done for the 19" as well :blink:

Found on consortiums website:

Consortium’s distribution solution is just that – a completely integrated delivery system. It’s simply about delivering the right product to the right person at the right time – on the money.

http://www.consortiumcentre.com.au

Well it's 11 weeks for me now, other's longer. My blood is boiling.

and check this out http://www.consortiumcentre.com.au/CaseStudy.aspx. I can't wait to see what crap they spin about this samsung promotion

In adition to this check out section 48 of the Trade Practices Act

Offering gifts and prizes

A person shall not, in trade or commerce, in connection with the supply or possible supply of goods or services or in connection with the promotion by any means of the supply or use of goods or services, offer gifts, prizes or other free items with the intention of not providing them or of not providing them as offered.

Edited by Khtulu

I am new to post here. I have been reading this thread for some time with interest as I purchased our LA46F81 back on 15 Jan and like so many others am still waiting for our free TV. I registered with Samsung on 15 Jan and rec'd confirmation same day. I rang Samsung 2 weeks ago and they said I should have free TV early this week. Of course, hasn't happened. Rang again today and they said it's just 8 weeks (it's actually 9 1/2 weeks) and should receive in the next week or so.... I told them they told me that 2 weeks ago and that it's more than 8 weeks now..... Not getting anywhere with them so...

Ratto, I have tried PM you but it won't let me. I was wondering if you would so kindly PM me if you are able to and let me know the managers name and email address so I can try going higher. Will try for the 32" too, why not, you can only try! Thanks

I am new to post here. I have been reading this thread for some time with interest as I purchased our LA46F81 back on 15 Jan and like so many others am still waiting for our free TV. I registered with Samsung on 15 Jan and rec'd confirmation same day. I rang Samsung 2 weeks ago and they said I should have free TV early this week. Of course, hasn't happened. Rang again today and they said it's just 8 weeks (it's actually 9 1/2 weeks) and should receive in the next week or so.... I told them they told me that 2 weeks ago and that it's more than 8 weeks now..... Not getting anywhere with them so...

Ratto, I have tried PM you but it won't let me. I was wondering if you would so kindly PM me if you are able to and let me know the managers name and email address so I can try going higher. Will try for the 32" too, why not, you can only try! Thanks

Hey DIPOD,

tried PMing you but the forum says that you have it disabled.

have a go at playing around with your settings

I'd like to give you the info but i dont think its a good idea to post ppl's personal info in the public forum.

Let me know if you get it working

Well, I am really happy with the new 26 inch sexy lcd sitting in the bedroom. Had to put a dvd box behind the back of the stand to give it a small tilt so when your watching it in bed the blacks are ok as its sitting on top of the tall boy.

So all in all, even though I had to wait some time it was worth it with a brand new lcd.

Great promo!

Hey DIPOD,

tried PMing you but the forum says that you have it disabled.

have a go at playing around with your settings

I'd like to give you the info but i dont think its a good idea to post ppl's personal info in the public forum.

Let me know if you get it working

Thanks Ratto. I have played around a bit. Can you try again? Thx heaps