Samsung Free Lcd Waiting Room

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to Samsung promotions on the phone 02 8204 4555. The LCD TVs are out of stock and are awaiting stock from Korea. They said to expect my delivery 6-8 weeks after I received my second confirmation email..... even though my email from them said delivery in MID JAN!!! Go figure!!!

i got an email on 18 December saying that my tv is 6-8 weeks away.

but i got another confirmation email on 7 Jan.

who knows when the TV will arrive?

no it'll be here tues or wed next week (22 or 23 jan) i got my final email dispatch date and tracking number and thats the eta for it.

A post i grabbed from another section of this site.. It appears that the LCD's are starting to be shipped

i got an email on 18 December saying that my tv is 6-8 weeks away.

but i got another confirmation email on 7 Jan.

who knows when the TV will arrive?

I had this problem too,

I sent in all my infomation got my first 2 replys rang them to confirm they had all my infomation receipts etc on around the 30th of november , i thought all was good 6-8 weeks cool (big mistake). On the 1st of Janurary got a confirmation email and didnt think anything of it, so the other day i rang to see were my TV was and they said i will be delivered 6-8 weeks from the time they send the confirmation email grrrrrrr .

What!!!! it took them 1 month to look at my receipt and serial number and send back an email so i cracked the shits and asked for a manager who i spoke to after been cut off a number of times and got them to send my TV out on the next dispatch.. problem solved

got them to send my TV out on the next dispatch.. problem solved

The question is, when is the next dispatch? if it is sometimes within the next 6 to 8 weeks then the problem is not solved ;)

The Sony's promotion started way after the Samsung's but from what I can see Sony have been sending out the bonus PS3 for weeks now, way before Samsung dispatched their first bonus TV.

The Samsung's spin, the bonus TV will be dispatched from 6 to 8 weeks after the claim is approved is really pathetic, but they did spell it out in the T&C, a minimum 6 to 8 weeks, so not much anyone can do!

Edited by zaq

The question is, when is the next dispatch? if it is sometimes within the next 6 to 8 weeks then the problem is not solved ;)

The Sony's promotion started way after the Samsung's but from what I can see Sony have been sending out the bonus PS3 for weeks now, way before Samsung dispatched their first bonus TV.

The Samsung's spin, the bonus TV will be dispatched from 6 to 8 weeks after the claim is approved is really pathetic, but they did spell it out in the T&C, a minimum 6 to 8 weeks, so not much anyone can do!

Well.... If enough people start making some noise, then it may prompt them to speed things up. :)

I got an email from Samsung today saying that the TV is shipped but I would need to supply a serial number (since i haven't taken delivery of my set yet).

I went to JB Hifi today to ask why it's taking so long, and apparently it seems like there was a stuff up and my order was lost ......ridiculous really, i was so mad......they said that the next shipment is not expected until 3 weeks.

Do you think Samsung will let me keep the Free TV (whenever it arrives) without providing the serial (or is there communication a lie and they didn't send out the free tv and still waiting for my serial)......IF SO, i rather get a refund from JBHifi now and buy elsewhere to get another Free LCD TV....

crowey, yeah i got my tv today. a 19"!!!!! i have to organise to get it sent back(their expense) and then wait for the 26" to arrive. how marvelous!!!

Im sorry mate, but that made me almost fall off my chair laughing!! Its true, they are useless!!!!

I had a problem with a Nkia N95 phone, and i said to Nokia that i wanted a new one delivered to my door. They told me a new one would be shipped and when delivered, the courier would collect the old phone in the box and take it back to the depot.... The new phone arrived, went to give the driver the other handset and he knew nothing about it, so i now have 2 N95's and this is about 8 months later!!!

My advice, tell samsung that you are holding onto the 19" till the 26" gets to your door and the courier can take the 19" with him when he leaves!!

You never know, you might have 2 tv's to sell!!

Im sorry mate, but that made me almost fall off my chair laughing!! Its true, they are useless!!!!

I had a problem with a Nkia N95 phone, and i said to Nokia that i wanted a new one delivered to my door. They told me a new one would be shipped and when delivered, the courier would collect the old phone in the box and take it back to the depot.... The new phone arrived, went to give the driver the other handset and he knew nothing about it, so i now have 2 N95's and this is about 8 months later!!!

My advice, tell samsung that you are holding onto the 19" till the 26" gets to your door and the courier can take the 19" with him when he leaves!!

You never know, you might have 2 tv's to sell!!

lol Sounds like when my adsl modem started to act up. Telstra sent a new one out.....now i have a spare modem laying around :D

more news from the wacky world of samsung. due to the f.up on their behalf (19" arrived instead of the 26") i'm now being upgraded to the 32" in white :) i do have to return the 19" though. and the 32 is leaving tomorrow(apparently)

Imagine if they sent you a 40" this time round by mistake. LOL!

more news from the wacky world of samsung. due to the f.up on their behalf (19" arrived instead of the 26") i'm now being upgraded to the 32" in white :) i do have to return the 19" though. and the 32 is leaving tomorrow(apparently)

Do you happen to have that in writing with an email of something because at least then you got evidence to fall back on if they were to stuff it up again

Edited by Spinner31

Spoke to the promotions department, and they said so many people have taken the offer that they are out of stock.

So I was told it should arrive early or mid Fed

i was told(in early jan08) that they have been honoring the lcd buyers first and will then start to fulfill the plasma buyers. i kicked up a fuss and so my tv was shipped sooner. of course it ended up being the wrong one. in the end i spoke to a guy called justin and he went to his manager and then my deal was struck.

Samsung will continue to stuff you around unless you hassel them regulary, speaking to the Managers is the best way to get results.

Their policy seems to be wait until the customer is furious before giving them what they paid for, how can it be that they didnt realize how many people would take up the free tv offer and consequentially are understocked .

It really dumbfounds me how such a big company could be so ignorant and unorganized... :wacko:

Samsung will continue to stuff you around unless you hassel them regulary, speaking to the Managers is the best way to get results.

Their policy seems to be wait until the customer is furious before giving them what they paid for, how can it be that they didnt realize how many people would take up the free tv offer and consequentially are understocked .

It really dumbfounds me how such a big company could be so ignorant and unorganized... :wacko:

From the stint i worked there yrs ago, you would be suprised how unorganised they are.