Samsung Free Lcd Waiting Room

I just paid for my p9 yesterday! (woohoo) Finally got around to registering for the free lcd. Samsung sent through the confirmation email. Ive since both faxed *and* mailed a copy of my pop and email printout.

Im just curious...how do we check on whether the processing has started/progressing? They ask for a password but i dont see where to login on their site with the password i created. Hopefully they wont be too lazy...6-8 weeks grrrr :P

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered by free 19" today too and havn't gotten any confirmation to my e-mail or anything like that. I just faxed them the e-mail printout that they sent me after i filled out the form and the e-mail i got from gameon.net after i bought the TV, is that what i should have done?

I just ordered by free 19" today too and havn't gotten any confirmation to my e-mail or anything like that. I just faxed them the e-mail printout that they sent me after i filled out the form and the e-mail i got from gameon.net after i bought the TV, is that what i should have done?

Once you have filled out your details online, it's not a bad idea to send an e-mail to the e-mail address and just ask for confirmation that they have received all the required paperwork from you. You should then receive a confirmation e-mail...

• 2 weeks later...

I am also wondering what would happen if you are not home to take delivery as this is often the case with me.

It says on samsung website that you have to have it redelivered at your own cost. Does this mean that they will take it back to their warehouse or will they at least leave a delivery note and deliver it to the nearest post office?

I am also wondering what would happen if you are not home to take delivery as this is often the case with me.

It says on samsung website that you have to have it redelivered at your own cost. Does this mean that they will take it back to their warehouse or will they at least leave a delivery note and deliver it to the nearest post office?

I gave them my (retired) parents' address so they can deliver it there.

Correct me if i am wrong, but isnt the free LCD a 26" in either black or white?? that is what i read when i got my 50" full HD yeaterday?? You got a bonus 19" as well if you purchased the panel on Flexirent.

Not fussed either way, a free LCD is better than a kick in the chops!!!

Has anyone recieved their LCD yet? Surely it cant really be 6-8 weeks??

FYI, on the 12th Dec I sent an email to infoATsamsungpromotions.com.au asking Samsung to confirm that my claim for the free LCD TV is in order, within minutes I received the following reply message.

Dear -----,

We confirm that we have received all the required paperwork. Your entry has been processed and you’re on your way to receiving a new LCD TV! Unfortunately we are unable to give an approximate delivery date as Australia Post handles the deliveries, and will deliver when they can. However, you can expect a time frame of 6-8 weeks from today.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other inquiries.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

-----

I am still waiting for the free TV :)

Edited by zaq

I have rang their info line numerous times and I get the same response, "There is no way for us to confirm whether we have received your faxed".

Surely there must be a way, so I am going to ring up again and ask that they tell me.

I went into office works to get the paper work faxed although I tried earlier to fax it with no success. One of their phone staff suggested i scan and email the receipt which I have done as well.

I even tried emailing their info AT samsungpromotions.com.au but I never got a response from them. Guess I will try again.

Well, a CSR finally was able to check my claim status, however they said it has not been processed yet, mainly because of the huge amount of faxes and emails they received. I faxed/emailed mine on the 24th Dec so she suggested I ring back in a couple of days to see if they have then processed it.

I am going to be extra cautious and also send one in the mail as well.

i emailed, just to make sure, and received the confirmation email back saying they had all my paperwork :)

it takes all of 2 minutes to email them, and gives you peace of mind

EDIT - i just saw that this deal is "while stocks last", so get in quick!!!

Edited by Stooge007

EDIT - i just saw that this deal is "while stocks last", so get in quick!!!

I think they mean while stocks of HD TVs last. It doesn't say anything about limited stock of giveaway TVs in the terms and conditions. I believe that fair trading demands that promoters highlight how many TVs they are giving away if it is limited. Otherwise they could just have limited stock of 10 for example :)

I snail-mailed the copy off to them the other day. Hopefully they clear it soon. Is there a phone number to check if they've received/processed it?

On the confirmation email there is a number you can ring to check. They say allow 3 working days if you faxed it so snail mail give them 7 days.

Here is the confirmation e-mail I received from Samsung today, for those who want the details of how it will work:

"This is a courtesy email to let you know that we have received your proof of purchase and your redemption is now complete. We will be dispatching your BONUS LCD TV from mid-January and will organise to send it out to the details below:

*snip!*

You will receive a confirmation of delivery email after your BONUS LCD TV has been dispatched via Australia Post. If you are not home at the time of delivery, you should receive a consignment slip which you can use to pick your parcel from your local post office. "

I hope this helps clear up some questions of those still waiting or wondering.

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by kazander18

I snail-mailed the copy off to them the other day. Hopefully they clear it soon. Is there a phone number to check if they've received/processed it?

I also snail mailed and am seriously paranoid that it will get lost in the mail.

Ill have to whip off an email later and check it out