Sharp Aquos D83 Series

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the 52" d83 at Good Guys Alexandria on display. Had a sticker price of $4400, couldn't believe it. They'll move to $4200 but I'm buying a heap of other stuff so don't know if that's standard, but the $4400 certainly was.

Rob

Is that the latest model or the runout models? Might be over now but at one point Clive Peeters had the new 52" exclusively with freebie bd player

Gday,

Looked up some of the specs to find out the difference between 46D83x, 46PD7x and 46D63x.

However, besides the 100Mhz - Fine Motion Advanced thing - I don't seem to be able to find any difference. Also, what is the difference between 46PD7x and 46D63x? Is the PD7x a later model? If so, why is the rrp for the PD7x lower?

Also, have somebody actually seen the comparisons between the three models?

I hope somebody can shine some light on this, and whether the 100 Mhz-thing is worth while the extra money.

Thanks guys!

Gday,

Looked up some of the specs to find out the difference between 46D83x, 46PD7x and 46D63x.

However, besides the 100Mhz - Fine Motion Advanced thing - I don't seem to be able to find any difference. Also, what is the difference between 46PD7x and 46D63x? Is the PD7x a later model? If so, why is the rrp for the PD7x lower?

Also, have somebody actually seen the comparisons between the three models?

I hope somebody can shine some light on this, and whether the 100 Mhz-thing is worth while the extra money.

Thanks guys!

46PD7X is the older model, cant do 1080p/24.

Only difference between 63X and 83X is 100Hz. Both can do 1080p/24.

46PD7X is the older model, cant do 1080p/24.

Only difference between 63X and 83X is 100Hz. Both can do 1080p/24.

Ok, cool thanks - thats good information.

Does anybody here has any experiences with the D63x?

Also, are the people with the D83x actually finding the 100Hz-thing useful? Is it working for you guys?

In one of the Samsung Threads the general feeling is that the 100Hz-thing is not doing anything for them, so before I fork out additional money I would like to get some feedback, from anybody... Thanks guys - your help is very much appreciated.

Ok, cool thanks - thats good information.

Does anybody here has any experiences with the D63x?

Also, are the people with the D83x actually finding the 100Hz-thing useful? Is it working for you guys?

In one of the Samsung Threads the general feeling is that the 100Hz-thing is not doing anything for them, so before I fork out additional money I would like to get some feedback, from anybody... Thanks guys - your help is very much appreciated.

I haven't got mine yet (d83x) but from seeing various implementations I'm sure I'll switch it off immediately. I typically find all the "picture enhancements" to be exactly not that and switch them all off.

Remember getting my old 32" sharp home 3.5yrs ago and seeing the strong blur across the screen and thinking what the hell have I bought! turned off the noise reduction and all gone.

Rob

I haven't got mine yet (d83x) but from seeing various implementations I'm sure I'll switch it off immediately. I typically find all the "picture enhancements" to be exactly not that and switch them all off.

So what made you decide to purchase the D83x and not the D63x, considering the fact that you won't use the only feature-difference?

Hi Goldy, any chance of emailing your receipt to the following address please? I managed to talk the salesman at CP in Sunshine down to $3300 but your price of $3160 is sensational. Hows the set running these days, cause im stuck between the Sharp and the Sammy the Fony just didnt do it for me, also 1 question I have, is the Sharp HDMI v1.3? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vincentcxureb@optusnet.com.au

I ordered the 52" which doesn't have a D63x version so no option.

Ok, very valid reason, he he ;)

Just out of curiousity - if the D63x-range did have a 52" model, would you have gone for that one or still stick with the D83x?

For everybody else, I've been quoted $3100 for 46D63x - would that be considered as a good price?

Just out of curiousity - if the D63x-range did have a 52" model, would you have gone for that one or still stick with the D83x?

For everybody else, I've been quoted $3100 for 46D63x - would that be considered as a good price?

Damn right that's a good price! :huh: Pity I'm not quite ready to get one otherwise I would push for details! :blush:

Here's a quick match-up of specs, comparing the Sharp 46D63 to my Samsung 46N8 -

Warranty -

3 yrs vs 3 yrs

Contrast ratio (dynamic)

10000:1 vs 10000:1

Price -

$3100 vs $2100 including freebie 19" LCD

That makes $3100 for the similarly-specced Sharp 46" Full HD LCD TV. It seems a little too much, considering the D63 doesn't even have 100Hz. I understand you want a Sharp but for how much more money ?

Damn right that's a good price! :huh: Pity I'm not quite ready to get one otherwise I would push for details! :blush:

Ru sure that's a good price - we're talking about the 63-series, not the 83-series... I know there are guys out here that have been able to score the 83-series 46 inch for about the same price, so that's why I wasn't/am not really sure if this is a good deal.

Valid question but I'm the sort of person who can't help wanting all the features just in case rather than saving a couple of bucks. Can't help thinking "but if I got it wrong and I do want it!" :wacko:

Good guys Alexandria from memory had the d83x 46" for $3300 sticker price.

Rob

Ru sure that's a good price - we're talking about the 63-series, not the 83-series... I know there are guys out here that have been able to score the 83-series 46 inch for about the same price, so that's why I wasn't/am not really sure if this is a good deal.

Oops :blush: I thought that was for the D83x...my mistake. I'd say that a really good price for the LC46D63X would have to be 3100 - 700 = $2400. This calculation assumes the RRP for LC46D63X is $700 less than the RRP for the LC46D83X.

Goldy - thanks for that!

Are we talking the same model (gold trim)? I was told $3380 was cost on it, presumably sales pitch!!

I'm pretty new to all this and just weighing up that TV verse the Sony KDL46XBR

Yeh it is the same model,gold trim,100hz,etc etc.

Best i could get was 3500.00 but found it at HN knox for 3300.00 and got it for 3160.00.

Very happy with it.

Yeh it is the same model,gold trim,100hz,etc etc.

Best i could get was 3500.00 but found it at HN knox for 3300.00 and got it for 3160.00.

Very happy with it.

But I seem to recall Goldy you felt cricket and AFL were no problem at all with 100Hz switched off, so would you recommend we consider the D63 on that basis?

Oops :blush: I thought that was for the D83x...my mistake. I'd say that a really good price for the LC46D63X would have to be 3100 - 700 = $2400. This calculation assumes the RRP for LC46D63X is $700 less than the RRP for the LC46D83X.

Big difference if indeed 100Hz is the only spec difference between the models. Is there evidence to confirm that at RRP $700 is the actual difference? If you approach it another way, try doing a % reduction on the D63 with the same % reduction on the D83 and you will find a lower difference than $700. I guess its all theoretical anyway - depends which models the shops have excess of or are prepared to give you a better deal on!

Big difference if indeed 100Hz is the only spec difference between the models. Is there evidence to confirm that at RRP $700 is the actual difference?

The RRP evidence is on the SHARP Website . And I agree that $700 is alot for 100Hz fine motion...especially if it does not work like the Samsung version...but I have yet to put it to the test, so maybe it is worth it if it smoothes fast motion as it is supposed to.

I understand you want a Sharp but for how much more money ?

Quick answer: it ain't just about the specifications and features of a television that are on offer for a given price. It's sometimes about qualities that aren't so easily shown on a specification sheet; like the picture quality and the satisfaction to be gained from the overall viewing experience.

Sure; I already own an older model Sharp Aquos... but I do still take a look at what's been coming to market out of a sense of curiosity, and while I may admit to myself that the size of my Sharp isn't as huge and penile inflating as the Sammies and Sony's or the LG's et al considering what I paid for it - the naturalness of colouring, the high viewing angle, the excellent contrast and brightness real world performance beyond the on paper specs all delivered to screen without the colour 'bleed' and obvious artifacting I've seen in other manufacturers offerings, more than make up for any desire to go out and trash my cash on any of the latest panels from other manufacturers that I read glowing reports about on forums like this...

I guess the same principle could be applied to motor vehicles couldn't it? Why do some people pay all that extra money for a Ferrari, when a Hyundai has the same four wheels, an internal combustion engine and gets driver and passenger from point A to point B?

Choice still seems to be a difficult thing for some individuals to comprehend as being allowable for others. <_<