Sharp Aquos D83 Series

I just purchased the Sharp LC52D83X to replace my Sharp LC45GX (1080 Panel).

This is now my 4th Sharp Panel, as I already have 2x Sharp LC45GX and 1x Sharp LC32.

Picture quality is amazing on this new unit, the black detail is better than my previous reference unit the LC45.

The 6 series that are around most stores are made in Malaysia and the image quality is no where near as good as these 8 series that are made in Japan,

just like to previous LC45GX that was made at the Kameyama plant.

The inbuilt HD tuner provides a sensational HD Image, certainly the closest image to HD or Blu-ray that I have seen from a LCD or Plasma.

It is such a shame that most retailers are promoting the Sony as the best LCD's as they are not even in the same league.

Thanks HD TV GUY,

Can you let us know what price you paid for the 52?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I'm also looking at the Sharp LC46D83X, my understanding is that the actual LCD Panel is made in Japan from the clever marketing label on the front of the TV.

BUT I noticed today looking further that the rear markings indicate "made in Malaysia", so I suspect except for the display the rest is made and assembled in Malaysia.

Can anyone contribute anything further regarding this?

Regards,

DEM-968.

I just purchased the Sharp LC52D83X to replace my Sharp LC45GX (1080 Panel).

This is now my 4th Sharp Panel, as I already have 2x Sharp LC45GX and 1x Sharp LC32.

Picture quality is amazing on this new unit, the black detail is better than my previous reference unit the LC45.

The 6 series that are around most stores are made in Malaysia and the image quality is no where near as good as these 8 series that are made in Japan,

just like to previous LC45GX that was made at the Kameyama plant.

The inbuilt HD tuner provides a sensational HD Image, certainly the closest image to HD or Blu-ray that I have seen from a LCD or Plasma.

It is such a shame that most retailers are promoting the Sony as the best LCD's as they are not even in the same league.

Hello,

I'm also looking at the Sharp LC46D83X, my understanding is that the actual LCD Panel is made in Japan from the clever marketing label on the front of the TV.

BUT I noticed today looking further that the rear markings indicate "made in Malaysia", so I suspect except for the display the rest is made and assembled in Malaysia.

Can anyone contribute anything further regarding this?

Regards,

DEM-968.

Well if it says Malaysia, I guess Malaysia it is. The Panel is definetly Japan. I found this on the Sharp site.

"Advanced Integrated Manufacturing

Sharp has the world’s most advanced facility for the integrated

production of AQUOS from the manufacturing of LCD panels to

assembly of fi nal products in Kameyama, Japan, producing the

world’s largest* eighth-generation motherglass. Sharp also has

strategically located assembly plants around the globe which

utilise Kameyama panels in fi nished LCD TVs."

Have you seen any reviews on this unit? is it called something else in US perhaps ?

Well if it says Malaysia, I guess Malaysia it is. The Panel is definetly Japan. I found this on the Sharp site.

"Advanced Integrated Manufacturing

Sharp has the world’s most advanced facility for the integrated

production of AQUOS from the manufacturing of LCD panels to

assembly of fi nal products in Kameyama, Japan, producing the

world’s largest* eighth-generation motherglass. Sharp also has

strategically located assembly plants around the globe which

utilise Kameyama panels in fi nished LCD TVs."

Have you seen any reviews on this unit? is it called something else in US perhaps ?

They also suplly panels to Loewe.

The 83x series has not been out for long so thats probably why there are not many reviews yet.

I am about to mount my 46" on the wall now actually.

Silly question, and possibly for a new thread.

HDCP, DVI plugs etc on these new panels. There doesnt appear to be any on any of these top end LCD TV's..

only 15 pin DSub... Have I missed something? I would have thought when they say PC ready that this would be mandatory ??

HDMI can connect to DVI no problem. Just need the right cable.

Well I have finally mounted my 46" lc46d83x today and I must say it looks amazing and the picture quality is sensational on free to air hd and standard def looks excellent to.

I have been worried how foxtel would look by what everyone says but it looks excellent to.

The sound is amazing to even though i will be using my bose 321 but you would be more than happy with the sound from the tv.

I can fully recommend this tv to anyone.

I have not tried dvd yet but that should be good to i guess.

Hey

Just wondering if any of you peeps who have bought the new 83 series panels have any dead pixels (esp. 46" model)?

Due to that about three months ago we purchased a LC46pd7x and we have already gone through 4 sets of of TV's and all of them have had dead pixels...

So we are considering to upgrade to the new model if the next panel which is arriving in a few days will have dead pixels..

Also just wondering if anyone else with the LC46pd7x model has had problems with dead pixels.

1st Set = 3 dead pixels; 1 blue, 2 red

2nd Set = 1 dead pixel; 1 green pixel

3rd Set = 4 dead pixels; 2 green & 2 Blue

4th Set = 2 Dead Pixelsl 1 Red, 1 Green

Whats up with that?

Cheers in advance

Just bought myself a LC42D83x and a BDHP20X.

I have a HD CRT before... and i could say.. this is a good move!

Excellent PQ, refresh rate ...

just need to play around with the settings a bit as the colour not seems too right for me.

:blush:

I went into JB Hifi at West Lakes (SA) today, and got quoted the price of $3696 for the LC46D83X, moedel. Model was not on display, and according to the sales-dude there were only 5 panels in Australia....

I didn't negotiate on the price, since I am not in a position to purchase yet, but surely the price would have dropped a bit and/or some extra's.

Hey

Just wondering if any of you peeps who have bought the new 83 series panels have any dead pixels (esp. 46" model)?

Due to that about three months ago we purchased a LC46pd7x and we have already gone through 4 sets of of TV's and all of them have had dead pixels...

So we are considering to upgrade to the new model if the next panel which is arriving in a few days will have dead pixels..

Also just wondering if anyone else with the LC46pd7x model has had problems with dead pixels.

1st Set = 3 dead pixels; 1 blue, 2 red

2nd Set = 1 dead pixel; 1 green pixel

3rd Set = 4 dead pixels; 2 green & 2 Blue

4th Set = 2 Dead Pixelsl 1 Red, 1 Green

Whats up with that?

Cheers in advance

So they will exchange an LCD with 1 dead pixel?? I thought the manufacturers wouldn't do that. Did you use a PC dead pixel spotter?

Thanks, Monty.

So they will exchange an LCD with 1 dead pixel?? I thought the manufacturers wouldn't do that. Did you use a PC dead pixel spotter?

Thanks, Monty.

Hey man

Yeah they are i am currently waiting for the fifth set to come.

There not bad blokes at HN, all the stuffing around they have had to go through.

Have you guys heard of anyone else have these many problems with the LC46pd7x?

I went into JB Hifi at West Lakes (SA) today, and got quoted the price of $3696 for the LC46D83X, moedel. Model was not on display, and according to the sales-dude there were only 5 panels in Australia....

I didn't negotiate on the price, since I am not in a position to purchase yet, but surely the price would have dropped a bit and/or some extra's.

I got a lc46d83x for 3160.00 in melb

hi there folks,

Just want to say, got my self D83, 42in $3000 (18 months interest free) from Myers (Brisbane), will be delivered today (hopefully).

From what I've read here, looks like a good buy.

Just a question though, with setup, is there anything special I should be doing or looking for anything?, or should I plug and play?.

a mate of has one of those dvd that tells you how to adjust your tv (colors mostly), should I even bother with that?

Thanks.

hi there folks,

Just want to say, got my self D83, 42in $3000 (18 months interest free) from Myers (Brisbane), will be delivered today (hopefully).

Just a question though, with setup, is there anything special I should be doing or looking for anything?, or should I plug and play?.

a mate of has one of those dvd that tells you how to adjust your tv (colors mostly), should I even bother with that?

Thanks.

Its basically plug and play... just the stand is a bit hard to get into it...

and i suspected a problem.. dunno its the problem with the BDHP20x or the D83... when i have my BD player connected with the tv using HDMI, and i connect the audio using optical cable to my Amp, the speaker of the TV still have sounds coming out......

and i suspected a problem.. dunno its the problem with the BDHP20x or the D83... when i have my BD player connected with the tv using HDMI, and i connect the audio using optical cable to my Amp, the speaker of the TV still have sounds coming out......

Thanks, I'll just turn it on then. With the audio setup you mentioned, that's a little weird. Just a question though, why do you need optical cables?, doesn't HDMI transmit uncompressed audio too?

Thanks, I'll just turn it on then. With the audio setup you mentioned, that's a little weird. Just a question though, why do you need optical cables?, doesn't HDMI transmit uncompressed audio too?

yes, but my amp havent got HDMI input, so i use HDMI for the video to the TV and use optical cable to the amp for the audio.

Just turn the volume down on the TV, sound will still go to the AMP.

hi there folks,

Thanks.

I would recommend going through the menu's and turning all the picture enhancement 'features' off which always seem to default with on. Things to turn off are like, dynamic backlight, noise reduction, dynamic contrast, frame smoothing.

Muck around with the basic controls, like brightness, contrast and backlight to get a picture you are happy with and then go through the enhancement 'features' one by one separately to properly see what effects each feature has on the picture.

Rob

Edited by BigBobOz