Sign in to follow this  
Templer!oftheDog

Black Hawk Down

The movie only started 2 mins ago, but the second promise that Ten promised (first being beautiful 1080i), is ear popping surround sound.

I will let my amp do all the Pro Logic 2 work then, wont I?

The movie only started 2 mins ago, but the second promise that Ten promised (first being beautiful 1080i), is ear popping surround sound.

I will let my amp do all the Pro Logic 2 work then, wont I?

The DD 5.1 is only for "When it's available", not all HD Programs are sent to broadcasters with a DD 5.1 soundtrack, the majority will be DD 2.0, the reason they were advertising DD 5.1 is because up until now, they were only doing DD 2.0 even if the program came with DD 5.1

The film is not even being shown on SC10 HD :(

Channel 10 already ruined the movie by taking out their scissors and censoring it so they can air it an hour earlier anyway.

The film is not even being shown on SC10 HD :(

You may not be able to get this on SC10 until March 2008 as extra HD encoders are required and they should be installed by the end of March 2008.

You may not be able to get this on SC10 until March 2008 as extra HD encoders are required and they should be installed by the end of March 2008.

I have seen the Ten HD watermark at various times on SC10 HD... I was hoping that would mean we were going to get it at the same time as the state capitals, but apparently not.

I wish they'd make the HD watermark smaller. It's showboating for the sake of it and very F'n annoying!

Channel 10 already ruined the movie by taking out their scissors and censoring it so they can air it an hour earlier anyway.

Woah? It's airing the normal time here at 8:30 in Adelaide, And I've never seen them edit a show on that time. how early did it air there?

The DD 5.1 is only for "When it's available", not all HD Programs are sent to broadcasters with a DD 5.1 soundtrack, the majority will be DD 2.0, the reason they were advertising DD 5.1 is because up until now, they were only doing DD 2.0 even if the program came with DD 5.1

Well dang, if they havent got the 5.1 all ready for the first night of TenHD, and what they promoted as a big blockbuster, what hope is there for all the lamo movies and shows in the future?

Well dang, if they havent got the 5.1 all ready for the first night of TenHD, and what they promoted as a big blockbuster, what hope is there for all the lamo movies and shows in the future?

Geez, TEN was the first to give us DD5.1 and HD sports on a regular basis, cut them some slack...

Just not on the watermark.

I wish they'd make the HD watermark smaller. It's showboating for the sake of it and very F'n annoying!

Its fracking huge, thats what it is. Nothing like a big fat watermark, right in someones head. Which is a pitty, since the picture isn't half bad.

Even so, they can forget about 4400, BSG, etc, I've already seen it.

I think a better TEN HD watermark would be one that's similar to the TEN News watermark, but with HD replacing News.

Yet they managed DD 5.1 on australian idol...

Yet they managed DD 5.1 on australian idol...

my point is that "Black Hawk Down" Might not have been sourced with a DD 5.1 soundtrack.

Yeh, im not happy that Black Hawk Down is NOT got a 5.1 soundtrack.

THe WHole TEN HD launch hasnt been anything special

Woah? It's airing the normal time here at 8:30 in Adelaide, And I've never seen them edit a show on that time. how early did it air there?

It aired at 8:30pm.

The film is rated MA though, and it's a pretty "hard" MA (was originally rated R and reduced on appeal) -- Ten could air it completely uncut with an AV classification at 9:30, but chose to cut it down to M which allows them to air it at 8:30.

my point is that "Black Hawk Down" Might not have been sourced with a DD 5.1 soundtrack.

Exactly, not everything is available in DD5.1.

I think they are saying that Ten should have got a movie (new) that IS in high definition with 5.1 channel surround sound. Playing something that they have aired many times before with DD2.0 and a HUGE watermark isn't exactly the best choice to show off the new service.

I think they are saying that Ten should have got a movie (new) that IS in high definition with 5.1 channel surround sound. Playing something that they have aired many times before with DD2.0 and a HUGE watermark isn't exactly the best choice to show off the new service.

I'm sorry, how big is the watermark again?

i wonder if theyl listen to anyones complaints of the big logo,

at least the other channels logos are smaller and more watermarket and not big fat and white

I'm sorry, how big is the watermark again?

Unfortunately I am unable to go 500pt font on this message board...

i wonder if theyl listen to anyones complaints of the big logo,

at least the other channels logos are smaller and more watermarket and not big fat and white

They do listen, AFAIK Ten executives are given a run down list of complains/comments on a regular basis.

Bon Jovi concert after it is in Dolby 5.1

It was then they had static before bringing it to 2 channel. Good to see they fixed it quickly.

Bon Jovi concert after it is in Dolby 5.1

It was for about a minute!

Now 5.1 is back on again.

Edited by ExcessiveGBH