Sign in to follow this  
Nando

Your Predictions For 08

I predict:

An economic recession will hit the US Market

AUD$ will continue to be strong against greenback

Costco will open in Australia, Support HD-DVD Exclusively and prices will be equivilent to Amazon but in AUD$

Secondly, in 2008 I HOPE:

Sony Australia CLOSE DOWN

JB Hi Fi CLOSE DOWN

Blu-Ray Discs are only available at Reject Shops as HD-DVD Dominates the World Markets

I predict:

Blu-Ray Discs are only available at Reject Shops as HD-DVD Dominates the World Markets

I wish that aswell :rolleyes:

Edited by AidanGGG

I predict there'll be another post after this one :rolleyes:

Oh bugger did I just prove your prediction? :ph34r: :P

I Predict that the Midday sky will be Blue and that Sunsets will be Red for at least the next few billion years*!

*All Weather patterns are subject to change without notice (especially if you are in Melbourne) and your results may vary depending on your location and which season you are currently in - God.

:P

I predict:

An economic recession will hit the US Market

AUD$ will continue to be strong against greenback

Costco will open in Australia, Support HD-DVD Exclusively and prices will be equivilent to Amazon but in AUD$

Secondly, in 2008 I HOPE:

JB Hi Fi CLOSE DOWN

Costco will be opening in rouse hill correct? just search seek.com.au and ull find advertisements for ppl to work there...

Yep that one had me stumped too. :wacko:

kmart has become very competitive recently but this is at the cost of their profit and margin...i'll give them some credit...

store execution needs to improve though if they are going to turn around their massive market share decline they've experience as a result of jb, ezy dvd, big w and video ezy brochure activity...

1. You want people to become "smarter" and yet misspell "realise" and "dvds" and "any day" and "in to"

2. lol, JB Hifi is cheaper than Kmart ? Are you kidding ?

1. haven u heard of dis new internet speak? where u dont hav 2 spell everything correctly in order to communic8?? lol

2. i'll give kmart some credit...but i think their market share tells it all...target are the worst in terms of pricing...absolutly ripping of customers unless they are in brochure for particular titles...

just some quick comment on your predicts....

Mass merchants like big w will always range both hi-def formats - at least a small ange - until sales pick pp - and they will - Its Inevitable...

a bit of contradiction - small range.... sales pick up... inevitable ?? look at what's happening to CDSingles - range is decreasing and people aren't buying this format anymore (which is sad by the way !). How do sales pick up on such a small range ? I'm definitely sure stores like BigW couldn't get a **** about this format 'war' - they want sales - and if your not moving stock - you're out the door (check out the Woolworths stores and products being shafted)

Distributors are already trying to push out product - and the market is already reluctant to accept - at this point in time its only specialty stores who are taking on more of a range - the mass merchants are choosing selected titles only on hi-def formats/quote]

push... reluctant... understand why they would be reluctant at stock another two formats with their existing SD-DVD stock.

Another prediction is the focus of retailers on tv on dvd/boxset titles to offset the losses they are making on new releases and some back catalogue titles...this is due to tv on dvd's higher dollar value
like huh ?? what do you mean ???

to add to AndrewW's 'speeling' comments :) - smarter ?? aussie-style: do you know why prices fluctuate so much ??? its called distributor's discounting !

1. haven u heard of dis new internet speak? where u dont hav 2 spell everything correctly in order to communic8?? lol

ah... NO !! It comes across as someone lacking basic spelling and communication skills.

If this is the way of the 'future' - heaven help us now !

Edited by tonyjg

just some quick comment on your predicts....

a bit of contradiction - small range.... sales pick up... inevitable ?? look at what's happening to CDSingles - range is decreasing and people aren't buying this format anymore (which is sad by the way !). How do sales pick up on such a small range ? I'm definitely sure stores like BigW couldn't get a **** about this format 'war' - they want sales - and if your not moving stock - you're out the door (check out the Woolworths stores and products being shafted)

like huh ?? what do you mean ???

And my final prediction - well hope is more like it...and that is that consumers will become smarter and release that kmart, ezydvd and especially targets dvd prices are way too inflated at regular prices and are ripping off customers when they can go to Jbhifi & Big W and get titles at the cheaper price pretty much anyday they go into buy dvd's - e.g. shrek 1 @ target selling for over $30 normally yet they put it on "sale" for $12.99 and make out like its over 50% off - and this price still isnt the cheapest around!

to add to AndrewW's 'speeling' comments :) - smarter ?? aussie-style: do you know why prices fluctuate so much ??? its called distributor's discounting !

there is small range now because its not worth the investment...well at least not yet... and yes im sure the same thing will happen to the dvd industry when broadspeed improve and more ppl use broadband to download movies instead of music... with hi-def its not a matter of being better quality - its more a question of how good is good enough...and for a while yet...dvd quality will be good enough...

no retailer actually gives a f*ck about the format war...its always about sales...there might be individuals who care about it within retailers - but the company as a whole doesnt...i agree...

yes i do know why prices fluctuate so much...yes it is because distributors discounting...this happens more so with fox and disney titles as they offer scan discounts as opposed to permanant markdowns....vendors such as sony, warner and even universal do more permanant markdowns so you'll find their titles pricing fluctuates less often than the like of disney and fox

if there is fluctuation its usually only between 2 different prices...i.e. $15 regular price down to $10 on promotion - this is mostly controlled by the vendor selecting titles each month which they choose to promote - on the rare occurance retailers may ask for additional titles as price exclusives to try to differentiate themselves from the normal supplier promotions each month...

ah... NO !! It comes across as someone lacking basic spelling and communication skills.

If this is the way of the 'future' - heaven help us now !

calm down - i didnt log on here to p*ss you all off

gives a f*ck
p*ss you all off

circumventing the swear filter is a no no, it's there for a reason.