Upgrade Time

Hi thundabot,

Nice theatre thanks for posting the pics . How is the new amp sounding on the Wharfedales as i have the same front speakers and was interested in your opinions as im in the market for a new avr . where in perth did you demo the avr and did they have any others set up to compare with? I have bought cables from selbys and ht custom cables and there service and price was better than most of the shops over here very quick to . Did you get any bannana plugs?

any way cool set ups.

cheers chippie

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm running the wharfedales on the Denon 1905 AVR in the HT room.

I mainly got the LX60 for the HDMI and upscaling so only running the pure acoustics in the lounge room as i dont need to crank up the volume there.

to be honest i set the LX60 in the HT room to muck around with before the lounge was set up, so I tested both AVRs on the wharfedales and i think the denon is much better sounding, the controls on the remote are much much beter and easy to use to set up all the sound parameters etc. did look at getting banana plugs but decided against it. i was only considering it because i was going to test both avrs and both speakers on together and would have made for easy unplugging and pluggin but decided against it once i was set on having the whafedales in the HT room, i wont be unplugging them again any time soon

Hi thudabot ,

thanks for the reply will have a look at the new dennons but the yamaha and marantz are a bit cheaper as i want a new sub also.but if the sound and features are worth it may have to save harder. the AFL footy season is just about here which screen do you think you will use the most.hard choice.

i will probhably only get banana plugs for the front 3 speakers so i can demo mates speakers as you mentioned wont be unplugging or moving the amp after its set up.