[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

I really need a copy of a receipt to stick it to the myer staff i went their last night only to find the Q9(at $2800) next to the P9($4400 but with a sign saying $300 off) i really doubt they are bringing them in for $4700 a good 300 above the rrp on the sammy website. When i mentioned people getting it around $2800 he laughed and said not possible, i wont be getting it their but will go back with proof.

Edited by Hellyeah
I really need a copy of a receipt to stick it to the myer staff i went their last night only to find the Q9(at $2800) next to the P9($4400 but with a sign saying $300 off) i really doubt they are bringing them in for $4700 a good 300 above the rrp on the sammy website. When i mentioned people getting it around $2800 he laughed and said not possible, i wont be getting it their but will go back with proof.

Silly salesman. When I showed the receipt to staff at myer and good guys they get weak at the nees and couldnt come close to it, their cost was 500 bucks above the receipt, what they said anyhow, should have bought it locally though and would have it now.

Hellyeah,

Drop me an email if you need a receipt.

adamwilson1968 @ optusnet.com.au

Adam

Hi all,

Super long time lurker, first time poster (no, not the variety that you hang on your wall :)). Anyway, I too am looking to buy one of these screens (to pair with my PS3), but don't live anywhere near a capital city - the only people I have to deal with in my municipality are Retra Vision and Harvey Normans. Nevertheless, I had been quoted $3100 for the screen only, and $3450 for the screen plus the EW up to 5 years.

However, since I've been keenly observing this thread for some time, I've been holding back from buying said screen - if I could get the screen plus warranty for $3100 or less paying by credit card, I'd be all over it.

Therefore (and to the reason of me finally registering and joining this fine community), could I possibly also get a copy of this receipt that is proving to be quiet useful for other members please?

Shoot me a copy to elfinke @ exemail dot com dot au.

I look forward to being able to join in on a 'P9 owners' thread soon!

I too was lucky enough to take the $2811 receipt to my local JB HIFI in Sydney and got a Sammy for $2811 plus $179 for a total of 5 years warranty.......

I have just confirmed with JB that it is actually 4 years total warranty.

They guy had in his head that Samsung was 3 year manu warranty instead of 2 years, so he added the extra 2 for a total of 5 years...... Not sure if he is just bluffing or not!

But I think $179 even for 2 years extra is pretty good. He told me he could go to 5 years total for another $50 if i go back in.

So got a un-broken one today.

Is there a way to adjust the level of the screen on the stand as its on a nice slant to the right? Amazes me that they have plastic stands for such huge screens )

thanks

Justin

Hi guys , I am looking at jumping on this GB , is it still available ? I havent read the whole thread but will go back now , so any help would be great so I might be able to get it before christmas if possible .

If all I need to do is show a receipt to get a decent price then could someone send me a copy please ?

peter_b@iinet.net.au

:)

Edited by aussie-revhead

hi guys i work across the street from the Macquarie Centre in NSW. and got chatting reguarly to a guy at the JB there, ended up me and a mate biought 50 inch Pana PZ700 for 3300 each and my parents got the samsung p90 50 inch for 3000. Ticket price of 4000 or thereabouts.

also i sent another mate to him for a Panasonic TX 32LX700 LCD ticket price of 1699, got it for 1520. he's the man for anything just mention me and this forum, . he'll do really good deals on hdmi cables, wall brackets and suge boards to. good luck! his names Zak at JB HiFI Macquarie Centre North Ryde

hi guys i work across the street from the Macquarie Centre in NSW. and got chatting reguarly to a guy at the JB there, ended up me and a mate biought 50 inch Pana PZ700 for 3300 each and my parents got the samsung p90 50 inch for 3000. Ticket price of 4000 or thereabouts.

also i sent another mate to him for a Panasonic TX 32LX700 LCD ticket price of 1699, got it for 1520. he's the man for anything just mention me and this forum, . he'll do really good deals on hdmi cables, wall brackets and suge boards to. good luck! his names Zak at JB HiFI Macquarie Centre North Ryde

I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he wasn't prepared to go that low. I told him about this forum so it sounds like he has been doing some reading and changed his or his boss' mind!

Good to know another place to send people.

Just to let people know that there is a place on this forum to post attachments (JPEG's). It is much easier to post these receipts here:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showforum=99

Just scan or take a photo of the receipt, blank out personal details ( via paint program) and then everyone can enjoy.

I know some people do not like to share but I did this last year and had no repercussions.

How do you find receipts there ? Its all just random stuff ...

If you could point me to a P9 receipt , or email it that would be great.

:lol:

I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he wasn't prepared to go that low. I told him about this forum so it sounds like he has been doing some reading and changed his or his boss' mind!

thats hilarious mate, he mentioned the fact that he heard about this forum and these gbs so he checked it out and realised it was a good way to make some quick easy sales. if you havnt got the screen yet get in there. cheers and merry xmas

thats hilarious mate, he mentioned the fact that he heard about this forum and these gbs so he checked it out and realised it was a good way to make some quick easy sales. if you havnt got the screen yet get in there. cheers and merry xmas

Thanks panaboy , I will try my local JB first and see what they say . My local Good Guys sold a Q9 for $2700 while I was there and the salesman haggled himself lol , buyer didnt say a thing .

:lol:

Hey Ozpanda,

i live in syd too, which Jb did u go?

any chance i could get a copy of ur receipt.

sorry to bother

cheers

I have just confirmed with JB that it is actually 4 years total warranty.

They guy had in his head that Samsung was 3 year manu warranty instead of 2 years, so he added the extra 2 for a total of 5 years...... Not sure if he is just bluffing or not!

But I think $179 even for 2 years extra is pretty good. He told me he could go to 5 years total for another $50 if i go back in.

Hey Ozpanda,

i live in syd too, which Jb did u go?

any chance i could get a copy of ur receipt.

sorry to bother

cheers

QUOTE(panaboy @ Dec 18 2007, 10:14 PM)

Hey Narain

I've passed on copies of receipts from other members to you by e mail.

Went to Myer (Melb City) and they did the deal for $2850 (panel only) without any problems. We arranged delivery for tomorrow so I think they have plenty of stock.

Good luck to everyone chasing a deal and many thanks to forum members for sharing their information.

Cheers

Baggiez

Hey guys,

I'm located in Melbourne, just wondering if someone could email me the receipt for the sale,

I'd like to get my hands on this awesome bargain. Thank you in advance!

Cheers guys!

Sven

P.S. My email add: vuittonzz@hotmail.com

Mine being delivered on Monday!

Walked into Myer Melb. city store, completely empty home entertainment floor (me and 3 sales guys). Showed him one of the receipts - following his best 'eyes pop out of head' expression, he came back withing 30 secs with a $3k figure, no haggling. Was pretty happy with that (and avoiding JB :angry: ), so it was all done in 5 mins.

Looks from the posts above and personal experience that $3k should be easily achievable (major centres at least) - haggle away but don't pay more.

Thanks to all on this thread (as always) and ozpanda in particular!

P

Got my Samsung P9 50' in Myer Hurstville(Sydney) for $2557(panel) + $189 (3 year Myer Warrenty, 3 year in total) + $35 (Delivery) with Bertzz's Receipt. Paid in Myer Card(6months interest free) and Credit Card (Master)

Very happy with the price and can't wait to see the TV....

Cheers guys especially Bertzz!!

Got my Samsung P9 50' in Myer Hurstville(Sydney) for $2557(panel) + $189 (3 year Myer Warrenty, 3 year in total) + $35 (Delivery) with Bertzz's Receipt. Paid in Myer Card(6months interest free) and Credit Card (Master)

Wow, great price!

I'm just about to go out to buy today.

Any chance of a scan of your receipt?

bud_coll at yahoo com au

Thanks

Craig

That is an astonishing price - if you are happy to scan and send your receipt, I'd appreciate a copy as well: -

refracktor@yahoo.com

Well done.

Got my Samsung P9 50' in Myer Hurstville(Sydney) for $2557(panel) + $189 (3 year Myer Warrenty, 3 year in total) + $35

Great price!! Does this mean Samsung may have just dropped their cost price?

I have heard from a few people in the last couple of days who have been having trouble getting a match at the $2800 price tag.

Anyone discovered best settings for playback of SD material eg PVR or DVD?

Can we rely on the SD upscaling being done by the TV rather than an upscaling DVD player?

Gday

Can you please email me the receipt to

bkromkamp@internode.on.net

Cheers in advance

Krommas

a copy of the receipt please :)

jarthel at gmail dot com :)

HOLY CRAP !!!

Can I have a copy too ?

lordvader at exemail dot com dot au

(hope JB will match that price !)

HOLY CRAP !!!

Can I have a copy too ?

(hope JB will match that price !)

That is a fantastic price.. I'd also like a copy of the receipt please if possible.

wayne.lim@zurich.com.au

lim.wayne@gmail.com

That price has made my financial officer very pleased.

Please add me to the long list of receipt email sends.

stusmith@bigpond.net.au

Many thanks in advance. Stu

can i have a copy of your receipt please :)

ken.cho.shek@gmail.com

Great price tonyju!! Would really appreciate a copy of the receipt too. I'm at princemr@gmail.com. Thanks mate

Great price!! Agree with Ozpanda that sounds like Samsung have dropped their prices. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and paid a few hundred dollars extra for it. For those who paid a higher price than that, don't feel disheartened cos' it's only a matter of weeks that the prices would fall even further. That's just a reality. At least we would all receive our free 26" LCD TV free (had a look at one operating at the shops the other day - not a bad little TV!)

Ok, now that we all have a 1080p TV, has everyone got a blu-ray or HD-DVD player to compliment it? Has anyone managed to secure a good deal on one?

The Sharp BDHP20X Blu-ray player (RRP $749) was recently on specials at Harvey Norman (Woden, ACT) for $370! They have run out of stock now but I have been unable to get any store in Sydney to match that price (even with a HN receipt). Does anyone know of a great deal out there......

Cheers

Hi Tony

Did you say you got 3 years or 5 years warranty in total? The plasma comes with 2 yrs manufacturer's warranty. If you have got 3 years in total (2 + 1 extended), then the total price you paid is $2781, and that's what was on the receipt that has been circulating for a couple of weeks. Most of us who bought earlier got that price as well. I paid extra for an additional 2 yr warranty (total 5 yrs).

However, if you paid $2781 for a total of 5 yrs warranty, then you have truely struck an excellent deal!!

Given this is my first post, I realise this may be a little impertinent......

Any chance of getting a copy of one of those receipts emailed to me as well?

benr@tlcdatasecurity.com.au

Thanks heaps for this, I'd love to use the change to get a new surround-sound receiver. :wub:

Hi Tony

Did you say you got 3 years or 5 years warranty in total? The plasma comes with 2 yrs manufacturer's warranty. If you have got 3 years in total (2 + 1 extended), then the total price you paid is $2781, and that's what was on the receipt that has been circulating for a couple of weeks. Most of us who bought earlier got that price as well. I paid extra for an additional 2 yr warranty (total 5 yrs).

However, if you paid $2781 for a total of 5 yrs warranty, then you have truely struck an excellent deal!!

I wouldn't mind a copy of that one either !!! The more receipts the better ! I may even buy the panel this weekend !