Sign in to follow this  
Stooge007

[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

hey gabe did you get a stand for the new plasma ? not like the included stand but a proper tv entertainment stand.

Ive got a cabinet already. I just hope it holds.

Cheers.

Gabe

damn, you're getting yours before me :lol:

mine is getting delivered on Saturday.

let us all know how it goes :)

cheers

Hi Stooge,

Yeah i was going to get it delivered on Saturday, but she told me i had to wait all day and there was no set time, plus i cant wait that long hehe. So she told me she can use a different courier and get it delivered after 6pm on a weekday and the only spots were on Thursday so i took that. Just had to pay $20 dollars more for the after hours delivery.

Thanks Again.

Gabe

Edited by gabe

No i only went for only 1 yr extended warranty. Reason behind.. Well i think from my past experience if electronics were to break down they will break down within the first yr. Also im not getting a KURO thats worth 5-7k so i didnt go with the extended warranty of 5 yrs.

I agree with your statement about electronics breaking down within 1st year, but it case of a plasma, the panels can just burn out after certain hours of usage?? I was thinking about getting the 5 yr warranty....its only $240 more.

the panels can just burn out after certain hours of usage??

new gen panels are rated to about 60,000 hours.

which at 8 hours a day = 7,500 days or 20.5 years.

Hey Stormrage

Is the extended warranty on-site??

Hi Vinex, after hearing about the heat factor and feeling them myself today I am opting for extended full 5 years, whats a couple hundred bucks if it decides to die in 3 years, its a no brainer for me. The extended warranty is Australia wide and they come to you.

cheers

Justin

Hi Stooge,

Yeah i was going to get it delivered on Saturday, but she told me i had to wait all day and there was no set time, plus i cant wait that long hehe. So she told me she can use a different courier and get it delivered after 6pm on a weekday and the only spots were on Thursday so i took that. Just had to pay $20 dollars more for the after hours delivery.

Thanks Again.

Gabe

Hi Gabe, did u speak to EDITED? Let us know about the buying experience, panel etc.

cheers

Justin

Edited by jd71

Hi Gabe, did u speak to Allison? Let us know about the buying experience, panel etc.

cheers

Justin

Yeap heard from her. Although im not sure if were able to mention any names on here.

The purchase was really easy with no fuss. Got details from Stormrage to fill in the details and a letter of consent. Basically need to submit what he requested on the forum. Faxed it over. that was yesterday afternoon. Heard from the lady this morning and arranged for delivery.

That was it. Was nice, sweet with no fuss.

Hope this helps.

Will post some pics once i receive it.

Gabe

Enjoy the big Plasma Gabe :)

To the rest who are interested in purchasing the goods please do what Gabe did and it's the best and quicker way to secure your purchase.

1. Copy of your Driver Licence

2. Your Credit Number

3. Written authorisation from you to allow [store name deleted] charge to your credit card and sign it

4. Please include an estimate delivery date and the address where you want the goods to be deliver.

5. My fax no. (02) 9540 1685

Here is a list of product and covers

1. Samsung Plasma PS50p91FDX = $3000 ( which includes : 2 Years Manufacture Warranty Plus and an extra Extended Warranty Cover by us and delivery within Metro Sydney, NSW)

2. I'd recommended you take 5 Years Product Covers Warranty = $3240

3. For interstate delivery charge added around $20-$50 depends on the locations.

Sorry I'm the a rush, got to go and do my xmas shopping now, I'll check in later

how much does it cost to have it send to Adelaide? can I pay by gift cards because I don't have a credit card, thanks

Yeap heard from her. Although im not sure if were able to mention any names on here.

The purchase was really easy with no fuss. Got details from Stormrage to fill in the details and a letter of consent. Basically need to submit what he requested on the forum. Faxed it over. that was yesterday afternoon. Heard from the lady this morning and arranged for delivery.

That was it. Was nice, sweet with no fuss.

Hope this helps.

Will post some pics once i receive it.

Gabe

Sweet dude, lets all get them going and compare notes when we set them up, or lets have a big thread with GB buyers in there!

Is anyone gonna get theirs calibrated?

cheers

Justin

how much does it cost to have it send to Adelaide? can I pay by gift cards because I don't have a credit card, thanks

Adelaide delivery should be about an extra $50 or so, so $3050 or $3290 depending on warranty

don't know about gift cards

call our contact to find out.

Sweet dude, lets all get them going and compare notes when we set them up, or lets have a big thread with GB buyers in there!

there's already another big thread about the P9, so maybe we should keep all discussion in this thread :)

Is anyone gonna get theirs calibrated?

cheers

Justin

you need to wait 100-200 hours of viewing before getting it calibrated.

i'll consider it, once i have all of my sources sorted as well, as they calibrate the tv to each separate source

also can everyone PLEASE refrain from posting names (of both people and stores) in this thread?

also can everyone PLEASE refrain from posting names (of both people and stores) in this thread?

Yeh sorry mate, I edited it when I realised I put the name there ), theres no name there now.

cheers

Justin

Yeh sorry mate, I edited it when I realised I put the name there ), theres no name there now.

cheers

Justin

Since were on the calibration topic.. Stooge can you tell me what the reason why we shouldnt calibrate it when we get it and have to wait 100-200hrs worth of usage first? I have some links at home that i have bookmarked for some calibration settings. I'll share that and give my opinion once i get the TV. but i guess i wont calibrate it after the 100-200hrs if its factual and a good reason for it..

Gabe

Adelaide delivery should be about an extra $50 or so, so $3050 or $3290 depending on warranty

don't know about gift cards

call our contact to find out.

Thanks for the info, actually this morning I found someone local will do the same deal for me, $3240 incl 5 yrs warrenty and free delivery, so I save on the delivery fee :lol:

Anyone in Adelaide want to get one, pm me I'll send you the info

Thanks for the info, actually this morning I found someone local will do the same deal for me, $3240 incl 5 yrs warrenty and free delivery, so I save on the delivery fee :lol:

Anyone in Adelaide want to get one, pm me I'll send you the info

Well done dude. I would like to hear from anyone in Vic getting a similiar deal, they didnt want to match the price for me, closest I could get was 3.5 with 5 yr warranty.

Since were on the calibration topic.. Stooge can you tell me what the reason why we shouldnt calibrate it when we get it and have to wait 100-200hrs worth of usage first? I have some links at home that i have bookmarked for some calibration settings. I'll share that and give my opinion once i get the TV. but i guess i wont calibrate it after the 100-200hrs if its factual and a good reason for it..

Gabe

see these threads:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=23631

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=47611

and others on calibration.

panels need time to "bed" in, per se

Well done dude. I would like to hear from anyone in Vic getting a similiar deal, they didnt want to match the price for me, closest I could get was 3.5 with 5 yr warranty.

PM sent

Got my call today.. mine should be coming Monday, or at least early next week. Drooled at it again in a store today, can't wait!

Thanks so much for organising Stooge.. Lady said probably the last time they would ship/etc again outside of Sydney, and I guess their initial stock of 10 must be nearly out by now - but I'm grateful I got in at the right time.

Edited by predator666

Hi All,

Sitting on my TV cabinet is a Samsung 50" P9. Just on SD PQ TV is awesome.. The TV is just awesome im just so speechless i didnt imagine it to be this good in quality.. Need to test it with my xbox 360 and also my laptop which has a resolution of 1920 x 1200, will be interesting to see how it goes.. Im all for this TV. For the PQ as i cant say enough again and the price and another 26" lcd what more could you want.

Thanks Stooge again.. The sound is also not too bad. I didnt hear very crash hot reviews on the audio but i guess i assumed it was very bad, but i htink its quite good just on TV itself. Will adjust and play with the settings when i have abit of time.

Gabe, it will just get better!!

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and still find myself being amazed at the PQ.

I still think the sound is a bit thin compared to the old HD CRT but it's quite fine for FTA viewing.

Let us know what settings you find work for you.

yeah sound is the one thing my old 600a pana had that was better. i have an inkling that my speakers are outta phase. i have noticably more bass and depth when balanced fully to either side, than at centre.

Sitting on my TV cabinet is a Samsung 50" P9. Just on SD PQ TV is awesome..

I was wondering if I will need to go out and buy an upscaling DVD player? Or does the TV by itself do a good enough job?