[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

Got my call today.. mine should be coming Monday, or at least early next week. Drooled at it again in a store today, can't wait!

Thanks so much for organising Stooge.. Lady said probably the last time they would ship/etc again outside of Sydney, and I guess their initial stock of 10 must be nearly out by now - but I'm grateful I got in at the right time.

Edited by predator666
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Sitting on my TV cabinet is a Samsung 50" P9. Just on SD PQ TV is awesome.. The TV is just awesome im just so speechless i didnt imagine it to be this good in quality.. Need to test it with my xbox 360 and also my laptop which has a resolution of 1920 x 1200, will be interesting to see how it goes.. Im all for this TV. For the PQ as i cant say enough again and the price and another 26" lcd what more could you want.

Thanks Stooge again.. The sound is also not too bad. I didnt hear very crash hot reviews on the audio but i guess i assumed it was very bad, but i htink its quite good just on TV itself. Will adjust and play with the settings when i have abit of time.

Gabe, it will just get better!!

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and still find myself being amazed at the PQ.

I still think the sound is a bit thin compared to the old HD CRT but it's quite fine for FTA viewing.

Let us know what settings you find work for you.

I was wondering if I will need to go out and buy an upscaling DVD player? Or does the TV by itself do a good enough job?

I bought a Samsung 1080p7 upscaling DVD player ($160) but mainly because my sony dvd player didn't have HDMI out and so I could use the same remote for tv and dvd and get the anynet function working (easy for the kids and wife).

The PQ is great but It's hard to tell if it's any better than my Sony.

I got different information from sales people some said let the TV scale and save your money for a HD DVD some said it would make a difference.

I'm happy with the purchase and SD DVD's do look fantastic but not sure if that's the new player or the great screen.

Can't wait to pick up a BD or HD DVD player, from what I saw in the stores its superb.

i have the 1080p7 and i just bought the xbox hd-dvd addon. the hd picture to me is amazing, i'm assuming it must (somehow) be even better on the high end toshiba players. even with the 1080p7 the picture is good if the dvd is good quality. it just doesnt seem to be as "focused", to put it in a camera sense.

Mines ordered now waiting for the delivery guys to call, probably not til next week unfortunately (

Just have to get a caninet / and or bracket for the wall. I am strongly thinking of getting a samsung BR player or PS3 so I can use the plasma to its potential. My problem with the samsung BR player is it doesnt do divx which is amazing (. I am getting a XB 360 as well, and have a sony T200 with 1980x1080 mode for playback on the plasma, photos should look sweet.

Thanks stooge for the GB ),

cheers & merry xmas everyone, dont forget we are the lucky ones that can afford to buy such an intense TV, spare a thought for the little crt guys that cant afford anything else :-(. Cant wait to get mine.

Justin

I bought a Samsung 1080p7 upscaling DVD player ($160) but mainly because my sony dvd player didn't have HDMI out and so I could use the same remote for tv and dvd and get the anynet function working (easy for the kids and wife).

The PQ is great but It's hard to tell if it's any better than my Sony.

I got different information from sales people some said let the TV scale and save your money for a HD DVD some said it would make a difference.

I noticed yesterday a lot of the DVD players for sale seem to upscale to 1080i not 1080p. Comments? Maybe this should be in another forum, but I ask the question with connection to a Sammy 50" in mind.

JD71 - latest Xbox 360 update does DIVX/Xvid ;) No need for a separate box now..

and very well at that. i have several avi type files that i can now play back without the hassle of tversity. and the quality is excellent. easily dvd quality for files that are 350mb and 43mins long. audio sync is spot on too.

I noticed yesterday a lot of the DVD players for sale seem to upscale to 1080i not 1080p. Comments? Maybe this should be in another forum, but I ask the question with connection to a Sammy 50" in mind.

Some do upscale to 1080p. The Samsung 1080p7 DVD players upscales to 1080p but I really dont know if you will pick the difference between 1080i or 1080p as the screen will de-interlace 1080i to display it at 1080p native resolution anyway.

When I finally have time to do go in person, the offer is no longer available.

The contact advised me the price is $3300 now :(

Any one know of any other retailers that would sell it for a similar deal at $3000 with delivery + 1 year extended warranty?

I am so annoyed at myself, I should have ordered it over the phone/fax during the week but was paranoid with faxing my CC details so I wanted to do it in person!

Stooge moved into his new house yesterday/today and got his screen delivered this morning. I'll be heading over tonight and no doubt pulling out some Top Gun and Matrix as well as playstation to test it out... :)

When I finally have time to do go in person, the offer is no longer available.

The contact advised me the price is $3300 now :(

Any one know of any other retailers that would sell it for a similar deal at $3000 with delivery + 1 year extended warranty?

I am so annoyed at myself, I should have ordered it over the phone/fax during the week but was paranoid with faxing my CC details so I wanted to do it in person!

Sorry to hear that mate. Where do u live? I know someone that just snagged one for the GB price.

regards

Justin

JD71 - latest Xbox 360 update does DIVX/Xvid ;) No need for a separate box now..

Have u got a P9 and XB 360? What is the quality like with ~700mb dvd rips etc.? I am dying to know if all my movies are no good on it or not.

cheers

Justin

Sorry to hear that mate. Where do u live? I know someone that just snagged one for the GB price.

regards

Justin

Hi Justin,

Was that from the GB contact or another place with a price match? I'm looking to pick up a P9 in Melbourne for close to the GB price if possible so any helpful info would be great.

Thanks, Moosey

Hi Justin,

Was that from the GB contact or another place with a price match? I'm looking to pick up a P9 in Melbourne for close to the GB price if possible so any helpful info would be great.

Thanks, Moosey

Hi Moosey

He got it from Sydney store at below the GB cost! pretty sure it was a JB HIFI , try them in Melboune. In Geelong I didnt have much luck equaling the GB, I got GG to go to 3280 with the standard 2 yr warranty but that was as low as he would go as he went and spoke to the owner upstairs and he comes back and is disapointed I didnt buy it. I saved over 200 bucks by taking the $ to Sydney. I consider Geelong as a country area though really, Melbourne would be more competitive. The plasmas will only get cheaper, pay no more than $3k with no extended warranty. The guy in Sydney got a 5 yr extended for close to that price. Take no prisoners and demand the best deal! If that doesnt work, Im sure there will be another GB thing on here. I would go for the P9 if I was you though purely because they are giving a free 1k$ lcd away with it!

cheers

Justin

Hello, I would also like to confirm if the GB is still available? I only found out this post mid-last week while I was trying to make the final decision to whether to go for Samsung or the Pana. The decision is now make and I am ready to buy the P9 and the GB might be finished? :( In earlier post Stooge said he would advise an end date? So can anyone please confirm?

regards

Justin

Hi Justin,

I live in Western Sydney.

Best price I got so far was $3550 with 5 year warranty, with no option for 3 year warranty.

Can you advise where else in Sydney would do a similar/same price as the GB?

Thanks!

hi guys

sorry i haven't been around lately

as kgb noted, i just moved houses and have been away from work foir a few days, and my internet connection at home hasn't been transferred yet :(

i will try and call our contact to see what the deal is.

IF indeed the price is now $3300, then there's not much i can do about that now. i did advise at the beginning of the GB that it was first in, best dressed, and that the GB could end at any given time.

so for those that have PM'd me, i'm going to wait until i have spoken to our contact before providing details.

will update the thread ASAP.

thanks for your patience.

cheers

PS - got my panel delivered on Saturday. i'm very impressed. slight buzzing noise, but i doubt i'll be able to hear it once my Klipsch Synergy F3 pack and Onkyo 875 arrive ;)

hi guys

IF indeed the price is now $3300, then there's not much i can do about that now. i did advise at the beginning of the GB that it was first in, best dressed, and that the GB could end at any given time.

See what you can do Stooge.

When I spoke to the contact, I was told that the pricing he gave DTV caused a stirred in the branch hence the price is $3300 now.

Any cheaper you can get it would be great, or 5 year warranty for around $3300-3400 would still be good.

Hi guys,

For people like me who missed the good price on this GB.

I was originally part of the group buy, but wasn't lucky enough to be in first 10 therefore I had to wait and than

next day our contact wasn't available . So I had to go around and do some shopping. Lucky enough I found

Myer in Parramatta shopping mall and got it for $3000 with 1Year extra warranty + $25 for delivery but

then you get $60 Myer gift card. And to be deal even better I got it delivered next day.

I would reply sooner, but was just too busy playing with it.

Now Jaffa cree run to get a good deal before is too late and they run out of stock.

All you need to do is tell them that you will pay $3000 for it and they will do it.

Why to waste time playing mouse and cats game!! That’s how guy said to me.

Hi Moosey

He got it from Sydney store at below the GB cost! pretty sure it was a JB HIFI , try them in Melboune. In Geelong I didnt have much luck equaling the GB, I got GG to go to 3280 with the standard 2 yr warranty but that was as low as he would go as he went and spoke to the owner upstairs and he comes back and is disapointed I didnt buy it. I saved over 200 bucks by taking the $ to Sydney. I consider Geelong as a country area though really, Melbourne would be more competitive. The plasmas will only get cheaper, pay no more than $3k with no extended warranty. The guy in Sydney got a 5 yr extended for close to that price. Take no prisoners and demand the best deal! If that doesnt work, Im sure there will be another GB thing on here. I would go for the P9 if I was you though purely because they are giving a free 1k$ lcd away with it!

cheers

Justin

Thanks for your reply Justin. Itching to get down to JB but no chance today. I noticed that The Electrical Discount has the P9 at $3169 but their extended warranty is $449 :blink:

Hi guys,

For people like me who missed the good price on this GB.

I was originally part of the group buy, but wasn't lucky enough to be in first 10 therefore I had to wait and than

next day our contact wasn't available . So I had to go around and do some shopping. Lucky enough I found

Myer in Parramatta shopping mall and got it for $3000 with 1Year extra warranty + $25 for delivery but

then you get $60 Myer gift card. And to be deal even better I got it delivered next day.

I would reply sooner, but was just too busy playing with it.

Now Jaffa cree run to get a good deal before is too late and they run out of stock.

All you need to do is tell them that you will pay $3000 for it and they will do it.

Why to waste time playing mouse and cats game!! That’s how guy said to me.

Sounds great Banko.

I live close to Parramatta so I will definitely go there this weekend.

Can you PM me the sales person that served you that way I can just walk in and ask for him/her to give me the same price.

Or even better, a copy of the receipt.

Thanks for your reply Justin. Itching to get down to JB but no chance today. I noticed that The Electrical Discount has the P9 at $3169 but their extended warranty is $449 :blink:

Yeah $3169 as per here:

Linky

But why not use that as a starting point for negotiating between that store and a few others?

Realised that I missed the GB so I went to JB at Macquarie Centre on Monday afternoon. I brought the print out of the forum GB post which listed the prices, and asked for a price match (for the 3yrs extended warranty i.e. $3240). The guy quickly checked it at the back office and then agreed to match it for me. I have to pay separately ($60) for the delivery though. Asked for delivery on this Saturday so I don't need to take time off work. 3 more days to go!

Still pretty happy with the final price ($3300), and faxed the free LCD TV form over to Samsung this morning after I had registered last night. Not sure when will it be delivered though?

Chewy

P.S. picked up the Blu-ray Spiderman 1-3 boxset @$54.98 on the way out of JB as well.... getting ready for the Full HD experience... :)

Hi Guys

been reading lots of the reply and very interested in this TV, any chance you guys can email a copy of the reciept before i head down to JB to huggle.

please email reciept to andytu@hotmail.com

Thanks heaps,

Andy