Sign in to follow this  
Stooge007

[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

HA! That's Awesome!! I told you guys someone would get it for a lower price soon enough...:) :) Congrats Ali -- glad I could help.

Anyone who stll wants my receipt should PM me. I'm away this weekend but I can send it off on Monday or Tuesday.

Cheers,

grphone

There seems to be a fair bit of receipt-sending happening atm, and I was hoping to jump on the bandwagon -

would grphone, Ali AR, Bonso or any other kind-hearted soul please be able send me a copy of their receipt? blan0060@flinders.edu.au

it would be GREATLY appreciated :)

(sorry to add to the the requests but I am not allowed to PM?)

Edited by spinflux

Sorry for the long delay in getting back -- I've been on the road.

Anyway, I've just sent off a copy of my receipt to a few folks -- I got a total price of $3035 including 5 yr warranty and delivery. The price for the actual unit was $2461.

If anyone else wants a copy please PM me.

Rgds,

grphone

sorry for being the 1million person to ask, but can i please get a copy dlkenyon@optusnet.com.au

from anyone who has it.

sorry but couldn't pm

sorry for being the 1million person to ask, but can i please get a copy dlkenyon@optusnet.com.au

from anyone who has it.

sorry but couldn't pm

Hi, still awaiting a receipt from ANYONE who is happy to help out, would really help me as a bargaining chip: redskyfire@hotmail.com, thanks for everyone's advice so far : )

Hi, still awaiting a receipt from ANYONE who is happy to help out, would really help me as a bargaining chip: redskyfire@hotmail.com, thanks for everyone's advice so far : )

Sent

Bought 3 P91's today - mine, my sister in law's and a work colleague's.

We did the run around starting at Bing Lee in Burwood Sydney (they wouldn't give me the best price from the beginning, we had to keep pushing and pushing). Tried Retravision as well (their extended warranty is not as good, but they gave us their best price without having to haggle).

In the end we bought it from JB Hi-Fi in Macquarie Centre. Got it for $3030 which includes:

- The TV

- Belkin Gold Series 7 way SurgeMaster surge protector

- Additional 3 year warranty (total of 5 year warranty)

- Delivery

I'm very happy with that deal. There was no mucking around - they just gave us their best price from the start, especially after we told them about the Myer pricing. Thanks to those who sent me their receipts - it really helped a lot. You know who you are - thank you!

Just wondering what is the best price people been able to get in Perth and from which store. I called Myer Garden City today and was told they don't have stock and the wait is going to be months???

Hey, you're right I called Myer and they said they don't even have any in the warehouse, even though they are only $2800. Just called JB HI-Fi, who were blatantly rude and said they could work off $3500, and had a go at me for bringing up a Brisbane receipt. Retravision can't match the $2800. Thining of shipping from eastern states.

Hey, you're right I called Myer and they said they don't even have any in the warehouse, even though they are only $2800. Just called JB HI-Fi, who were blatantly rude and said they could work off $3500, and had a go at me for bringing up a Brisbane receipt. Retravision can't match the $2800. Thining of shipping from eastern states.

Ok, here's the latest - six weeks delivery from retailers across Australia. One of them said not to bother with Samsung, get Pioneer PDP Kuro, it's the best he's seen and only a few hundred dollars more - free delivery, installation, tutorial, mounting, five year warranty. Found about 8 web reviews saying it's the best plasma they have seen, and about $3200. PM me if you want to know more.

Ok, here's the latest - six weeks delivery from retailers across Australia. One of them said not to bother with Samsung, get Pioneer PDP Kuro, it's the best he's seen and only a few hundred dollars more - free delivery, installation, tutorial, mounting, five year warranty. Found about 8 web reviews saying it's the best plasma they have seen, and about $3200. PM me if you want to know more.

been told by 2 retailers now (after speaking with samsung on the phone) that there is a new model to be released may and they may not even be able to get stock of this screen at all. tough to know whether to chance it with a deposit (refundable) or wait and see what the new set offers. ill bet no free lcd with the new one though. :(

been told by 2 retailers now (after speaking with samsung on the phone) that there is a new model to be released may and they may not even be able to get stock of this screen at all. tough to know whether to chance it with a deposit (refundable) or wait and see what the new set offers. ill bet no free lcd with the new one though. :(

What about those of us that have already placed our orders have ETA on delivery?

Is this stock shortage applying to new orders, or they'll struggle with orders from 1-2 weeks back ago?

Does anyone know for sure??

Edit: If so, then why do retailers bother to display in store? Take them off the shelves to avoid further problems.

Edited by Drift Master

What about those of us that have already placed our orders have ETA on delivery?

Is this stock shortage applying to new orders, or they'll struggle with orders from 1-2 weeks back ago?

Does anyone know for sure??

Edit: If so, then why do retailers bother to display in store? Take them off the shelves to avoid further problems.

there are none, even on display, here. not sure what to think.

there are none, even on display, here. not sure what to think.

Are you in Sydney? I've been to Castle Hill, Rouse Hill, Parramatta, North Ryde. ALL Retailers have it on display.

I think that personal auditions are much more valuable than simply accepting the word of others, especially if you can test relevant panels side by side using the same signal source. It is standard marketing practice to "rubbish" products which a particular retailer can not get or does not sell.

Before I even looked at this forum I did several side by side comparisons between the "Full HD" 1920 x 1080P Samsung PS50P91FDX,

"HD Ready" 1365 x 768P Pioneer PDP-508XDA, "Full HD" 1920 x 1080P Panasonic TH-50PZ700A and

"HD" 1920 x 1080i Hitachi P50X01 50 inch plasma panels. The source was usually either 7HD or 10HD free to air TV.

Technically, the Pioneer was at a disadvantage due to having half the pixel count, but its RRP was actually the highest so I felt that the comparison was fair.

Many people complain that some "Full HD" flat panels perform badly with the most commonly used medium ie; free to air TV, so this test was quite relevant.

I was very impressed with both the Pioneer and Samsung panels which left the others in their wake.

Very close viewing revealed that the Samsung had greater detail, with a sharper picture and less "video noise" than the Pioneer. It was very difficult to differentiate black levels between the two, but the Pioneer definitely revealed more "shadow detail" with the darkest images.

Taking costs into account, I recommended the Samsung PS50P91FDX to all my friends.

Two of them have since purchased this panel and both are extremely happy with it, as each one has performed flawlessly.

No, I don't have any association with Samsung, and I don't even own one of these panels.

Of course, you should test competing panels for yourself, as you may disagree with my opinion.

Edited by Mr Frank

Taking costs into account, I recommended the Samsung PS50P91FDX to all my friends.

Two of them have since purchased this panel and both are extremely happy with it, as each one has performed flawlessly.

No, I don't have any association with Samsung, and I don't even own one of these panels.

Of course, you should test competing panels for yourself, as you may disagree with my opinion.

I completely agree with you.

This is what I felt:

Samsung P9 v Panasonic Z700 - Samsung wins

Samsung P9 v Pioneer XDA - Samsung wins barely when FULL HD input, otherwise Pioneer wins barely

Samsung P9 v Pioneer LX - Pioneer.. Daylight second!

I personally bought a Samsung P9. I can afford Pioneer LX but feel it's stupid paying $5000+ given the rate at which technology advances.

All these panels will be out-of-date in 3-4 years time.

I completely agree with you.

This is what I felt:

Samsung P9 v Panasonic Z700 - Samsung wins

Samsung P9 v Pioneer XDA - Samsung wins barely when FULL HD input, otherwise Pioneer wins barely

Samsung P9 v Pioneer LX - Pioneer.. Daylight second!

I personally bought a Samsung P9. I can afford Pioneer LX but feel it's stupid paying $5000+ given the rate at which technology advances.

All these panels will be out-of-date in 3-4 years time.

I will take a look this weekend at the comparison, though i remember being in Myer before and being blown away by Pioneer in general but also balked at the price tag. If the models are comparable, and I have read many VERY positive reviews and no negative (except the free to air isn't optimal like you said), then I will lean towards the Pioneer, because:

1) six week delivery time for Samsung - if they are saying this upfront it could be more

2) I live in Perth so looking at $200 delivery from eastern states - no retailers have it here under $3,400. Pioneer has free delivery, free installation

3) Pioneer has a full five year warranty - this costs$369 for Samsung? So, that's $500 saving for me

4) No free LCD - but I actually don't need one, and it's actually worth about 700, not $1199 as promised.

5) There is no forum with 30 pages of problems for the Pioneer - do a search

6) Most telling - this model is available for $3100 (retailed 5700 six months ago when it came out, and this was the only CON in reviews)no more to pay, no delivery waits, no delivery costs, fully warranted, and guaranteed quality.

I urge you also to do the comparison, the vendor assured me it's the best model he's seen. Particulary for those of us in Western Australia, check it out at Myer or Harvey Norman etc. : )

I will take a look this weekend at the comparison, though i remember being in Myer before and being blown away by Pioneer in general but also balked at the price tag. If the models are comparable, and I have read many VERY positive reviews and no negative (except the free to air isn't optimal like you said), then I will lean towards the Pioneer, because:

1) six week delivery time for Samsung - if they are saying this upfront it could be more

2) I live in Perth so looking at $200 delivery from eastern states - no retailers have it here under $3,400. Pioneer has free delivery, free installation

3) Pioneer has a full five year warranty - this costs$369 for Samsung? So, that's $500 saving for me

4) No free LCD - but I actually don't need one, and it's actually worth about 700, not $1199 as promised.

5) There is no forum with 30 pages of problems for the Pioneer - do a search

6) Most telling - this model is available for $3100 (retailed 5700 six months ago when it came out, and this was the only CON in reviews)no more to pay, no delivery waits, no delivery costs, fully warranted, and guaranteed quality.

I urge you also to do the comparison, the vendor assured me it's the best model he's seen. Particulary for those of us in Western Australia, check it out at Myer or Harvey Norman etc. : )

oh, and it has a 3 star energy rating rather than one, I already have horror stories of people's electricity bills from plasmas!!

oh, and it has a 3 star energy rating rather than one, I already have horror stories of people's electricity bills from plasmas!!

What horror stories?

I'm a little bemused by all the delay talk.

I bought mine last Thursday night, and they called yesterday telling me it's arrived. I expect delivery tomorrow (I had to work today).

D

What horror stories?

plasmas in general renowned for sucking up electricity, and samsung has one of the lowest efficiency ratings (1 star). Couple of hundred dollars a year on electricity builds up in terms of justifying the purchase price.

I'm a little bemused by all the delay talk.

I bought mine last Thursday night, and they called yesterday telling me it's arrived. I expect delivery tomorrow (I had to work today).

D

No doubt. Just regaling my stories from WA, if there is a bargain outlet then they are backed up in deliveries. We are the most isolated city in the world after all ; )

Moot point for me now too, Feb 29th was last day of promotion and without it the competitior wins hands down unless Samsung drop the price for the base unit. : )

plasmas in general renowned for sucking up electricity, and samsung has one of the lowest efficiency ratings (1 star). Couple of hundred dollars a year on electricity builds up in terms of justifying the purchase price.

Check this thread. The power consumption is not as high as you think. One guy saw his power bill reduce, expecting it to go up, after he installed his plasma.