[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents just bought the Samsung P9 for $2537 with tonyju626's receipt at Myer Hurstville (The place he bought it at).

They just had to show them the receipt and they honoured it on the spot.

Delivery due at the end of this month though.

Very happy.

P.S. I won't be able to scan the receipt since i don't have a scanner and my camera (phone) sucks.

But if you live in Sydney and thinking of buying a P9, go to myer Hurstville and they will do it for $2537.

A Shireboi (Sylvania) here - so at Hurstville Myer quite often - how keen were they to do this transaction ?? I might drop by tomorrow and see what they are like.

Any indication on delivery time ??

EDIT - if anyone has a copy of this receipt (PM'd tony first) please forward a copy to tonyjg@iinet.net.au - thanks !!

Edited by tonyjg

What!! omg people are getting for just around $2550!!

i brought mine back in December $2900 including delivery but im in Cairns far north queensland :) because most people brought his P9 for around $2550 but in major city (like sydney, meb) anyway... so i am happy

Receipt sent to rkpv and tonyjg.

A Shireboi (Sylvania) here - so at Hurstville Myer quite often - how keen were they to do this transaction ?? I might drop by tomorrow and see what they are like.

Any indication on delivery time ??

EDIT - if anyone has a copy of this receipt (PM'd tony first) please forward a copy to tonyjg@iinet.net.au - thanks !!

The lady did it straight away with no questions. My dad actually tried to haggle some more but didn't work. :P

The lady said it would arrive at the end of this month.

Good Luck!

Am looking to buy this tv hopefully tomorrow. Can anyone send this receipt to me (tatnal@australis.net)?

Ended up buying from Myer Highpoint $2746 + $289 for 5yr warranty + $35 delivery. Should be here next week. Can't wait. Been living off a 14" for the poast 6 months since our previous tv blew.

Thanks to Cable213 for receipt and all in the forum for the useful info. I would have paid $3100 just for the tv.

Tatnal, Cable213 (or anyone else in Melbourne with sub 3k receipt), could you please email me a copy of their receipt, with the free LCD monitor promotion extended till end of Feb I don’t feel so bad that I missed the cut-off on the 15 Jan!

freman101@yahoo.com

SAMSUNG EXTENDS FREE LCD TV OFFER UNTIL FEBRUARY 29

http://www.current.com.au/2008/01/17/article/YQQZKKPKEC.html

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Edited by AndyfromMelbourne

those are some nice prices

so i paid $3k for mine at the beginning of Dec. i got it delivered within 5 days (could have been next day if i wanted).

technology prices will continually drop, if you keep holding off for a better price, you'll never end up buying anything ;)

Receipt sent to rkpv and tonyjg.

The lady did it straight away with no questions. My dad actually tried to haggle some more but didn't work. :P

The lady said it would arrive at the end of this month.

Good Luck!

That's a fantastic price.

Any chance of getting a copy of that receipt also?

My email is 88vh5150@gmail.com

Cheers in advance.

Wow seems like the cost price for the 50inch has dropped, has anyone got a good idea what one could get the 58inch for. I noticed on digital center the price for the 58 has dropped to under 5k now.

I'm a shire boy too, so might try Hurtville myer to see if they can do a deal.

anyone else been able to get a good deal from Myers Hurstville or anywhere else for that matter?

Thanks to those that provided me with copies of receipts.

I ended up with one for $2537.

Myer Brookside and Chermside (QLD) were both happy to honour the price. The salesman told me on more than one occasion that it was a very good price I had - but I already knew that.

Also took the 1 extra year warranty for $199 (expensive for Myer I guess) and $35 for delivery.

Very happy - now the wait begins - they were talking 15th of Feb, due into their warehouse.

gibby157

Myer Brookside and Chermside (QLD) were both happy to honour the price. The salesman told me on more than one occasion that it was a very good price I had - but I already knew that.

Also took the 1 extra year warranty for $199 (expensive for Myer I guess) and $35 for delivery.

Very happy - now the wait begins - they were talking 15th of Feb, due into their warehouse.

gibby157

A friend of mine just happen to glimpse Myers Parramatta's "cost price" on the computer and it was $2719. So if everyones getting $2537 that's phenomenal!

Can I get a copy of that $2537 receipt? :D

Thanks!

Last night I got a great price on the Samsung 58inch P9 (PS58P91FDX) at myer city sydney with an extra 3 years warrant y(5 years total) and delivery all up for $5000. I'm gonna head in today and put a deposit on it. Also as you guys know, you also get the bonus 26inch lcd since samsung extended the promotion till end of feb. No other place I tried could beat that price so far.

A friend of mine just happen to glimpse Myers Parramatta's "cost price" on the computer and it was $2719. So if everyones getting $2537 that's phenomenal!

Can I get a copy of that $2537 receipt? :D

Thanks!

$2537 is the sort of price you can acquire the P91 for on Ebay, obviously a repaired versions with ONE years warranty, there are quite a few available if you want A fixedup one!.

some have been returned to the retailers FIXEDUP, buyer beware!. :unsure:

Personally, unless it arrives in a BOX unopened, I would not touch it!.

Hey guys, been a long time reader, first time poster!!! Wonder if someone could send me a copy of a receipt for the P91 if they have one. I have the P91FDX (Full HD Model) currently on layby (purchased at start of dec for $3500) from JB and made a deal with one of them that if it dropped in the mean time b4 I picked it up, he would drop it too. Anything under or close to $3000 would be greatly appreciated as I am gona make sure he matches it. Can you please send it to dsanchz@gmail.com

Thanks a million guys, keep up the excellent work.

Sanchez

Edited by dsanchez

$2537 is the sort of price you can acquire the P91 for on Ebay, obviously a repaired versions with ONE years warranty, there are quite a few available if you want A fixedup one!.

some have been returned to the retailers FIXEDUP, buyer beware!. :unsure:

Personally, unless it arrives in a BOX unopened, I would not touch it!.

I am not sure If I agree with you Colindale, for a retailer to sell you a reconditioned product, by law(??) I would believe you would have to be made aware of this, and you would be within you rights to ask for a refund/replacement if it has been reconditioned. I dont think a store like Myer would be try to pass reconditioned plasma's as new TV's, it wouldn’t be very good for their reputation.

** "some have been returned to the retailers FIXEDUP, buyer beware!." - By fixed up you mean the HDMI board and the noisy transformer have been replaced for a used model, you could be right but then who is to say that the P91 advertised at HN for $3999 is not a "fixedup" TV? :wacko:

** "Personally, unless it arrives in a BOX unopened, I would not touch it!." - I agree, and I would second that by checking how long the plasma has been running in the system menu.

Although the $2537 price is brilliant, not everyone has been able to get this, a more realistic price for most people has been around the $2700+ mark, but with the growing reputation of Samsung having "issues" with the plasma's, I think there price will become more competitive to keep sales high... :)

Cheers

Andrew

PS Thanks gibby157 for a copy of the receipt!!

I am not sure If I agree with you Colindale, for a retailer to sell you a reconditioned product, by law(??) I would believe you would have to be made aware of this, and you would be within you rights to ask for a refund/replacement if it has been reconditioned. I dont think a store like Myer would be try to pass reconditioned plasma's as new TV's, it wouldn’t be very good for their reputation.

** "some have been returned to the retailers FIXEDUP, buyer beware!." - By fixed up you mean the HDMI board and the noisy transformer have been replaced for a used model, you could be right but then who is to say that the P91 advertised at HN for $3999 is not a "fixedup" TV? :wacko:

** "Personally, unless it arrives in a BOX unopened, I would not touch it!." - I agree, and I would second that by checking how long the plasma has been running in the system menu.

Although the $2537 price is brilliant, not everyone has been able to get this, a more realistic price for most people has been around the $2700+ mark, but with the growing reputation of Samsung having "issues" with the plasma's, I think there price will become more competitive to keep sales high... :)

Cheers

Andrew

PS Thanks gibby157 for a copy of the receipt!!

You must be a lot younger than me, and a lot more trust full. :lol:

"I agree, and I would second that by checking how long the plasma has been running in the system menu." "yes just like car speedo's", they can be reset!. <_<

gibby157

Hi could you please email the receipt to coolmanu_84@hotmail.com as well... many thanks

gibby157

I'd also like a copy of the receipt emckissock@yahoo.com

TIA

gibby157

Hi,

Does anyone know the name of the salesman/woman at the Hurstville store?

I went to Myer City Sydney and the guy said he would match it, but they needed a name to call and verify. Otherwise they would only do $2600.

Incidentally he also said their cost price was $2400.

Thanks!