[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

hi guys

anyone interested in a group buy for the 50" P9? now comes with FREE 26" LCD --== click me ==--

my GB will be run different to the Kuro and Pana PZ ones run recently

IF the GB goes ahead, i would try and keep to the following rules/conditions:

1) i will limit the GB to a certain number of panels (i envisage 10, no more, to keep things simple), NOT a time frame. first in, best dressed, once pricing is received. this will allow the GB to be completed in a relatively short period of time (hopefully done and dusted within a week).

2) time frame for purchase will be very limited, thus limiting to a number of panels as i think there would be more than enough interest in say 10 panels (given the free 26" LCD), per the discussion in THIS thread (see p4 and 5 mainly). this means people will need to have their finances sorted before committing.

3) i will TRY and keep pricing updated in the thread. this means however, that it may not be as attractive a deal as the Kuro and Pana PZ GB's, but i'll give it my best shot. my target is going to be less than or equal to $3k with 5 year warranty.

4) this GB will be for the 50" P9 only.

5) please take the time to read the unofficial GB code of conduct

6) retailer will most likely be in Sydney, so would prefer Sydney buyers, however i will discuss delivery.

7) i'm looking at getting pricing information this weekend, with a view to closing the GB once i reach the required 10 panels. i will take a few extra names over and above the 10, just in case anyone of the original 10 pulls out.

i'm not sure this GB will work the way i envisage, but i thought i'd give it a shot. as noted, it's nothing official yet, pending the interest i get.

i know i'm only a new member here, but i'm a long-time member (4.5 years, 10th highest post count) of Mobile Electronics Australia (aka MEA or CAA) under the same username, if you need some form of reference (search around for my posts).

please feel free to offer suggestions/comments either in this thread, or via PM.

prior to orders being placed, this EOI is subject to terminate/close without much notice :)

cheers

Edited by Stooge007

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 panels may get you a discounted price, but not at the level that say thirty would.

Please have a read through the CoC attached in my signature, and if you wanted to have a chat about the whole GB thing then feel free to drop me a PM.

If you can do 5yr under 3K and free 26 tv, count me in. :)

I've also registered my interesting the gb for pz. :)

I'm tired of waiting, always a newer model around the corner and better price as soon as you buy so time for me to get one :)

ok, here's the deal that i've sorted (i just bought one at this price :) )

long winded post ahead :lol:

1) purchase is through a large well known retailer in Sutherland Shire area of Sydney. our contact will be handling all of your details/payments. i let him know there will be people contacting him about this deal (i said about 10 or so). he's happy to do the price even if nobody else orders! please only call him if you are purchasing (i.e. no tyre kickers).

2) i would appreciate it if you didn't try to haggle the guy down more, as it's a pain for him and he's doing a pretty good deal (not stupidly low, but fair). IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE, NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO PURCHASE!

3) i'm not sure if they can deliver interstate, the guy is checking. it should be ok, as the retailer has stores nationally, BUT i'm not promising anything for those interstate folks, sorry :(

4) just a reminder that you also get a FREE 26" LCD tv if you order between now and 15 January (see here: http://www.samsung.com/au/digitall/promoti...bonusplasma.pdf ) this is what swayed me away from the Pana 700A GB and the Kuro GB.

5) purchase HDMI cables from our fellow DTV member Foxtail at http://www.hdmioz.com who will pack and ship a quality HDMI cable to you for as little as $13!! plus Express Post (don't pay $40+ per cable retail). Allow a few days for delivery!

6) all credit cards welcome, no extra for Amex! (which is nice, since it earned me 4500 frequent flyer points as a bonus!) not sure about Diners, but shouldn't be extra. pickup cash/cheque in person can also be done.

7) current stock is only 10 panels :( (might be 9 after my one :)) so get in quick if you want to ensure that you'll get one before Christmas. if they run out of stock, they should be able to get more, but order early to avoid disappointment :) delivery should take place within 2-3 days for Sydney metro, unsure about regional/interstate.

8) no limit on purchases/bulk orders, if you want 10, buy 10!

9) PM me to get the contact details and retailer name. please only PM me if you intend on purchasing :) thanks

10) if you like the deal so much that you would like to show your appreciation by making a donation, please let me know and i'll PM you details. totally up to you, but it has saved a lot of your time and the hassle of negotiating and visiting 47 different stores to wring that extra last $ out of them!

11) you can also sign up for an in store card (not a credit card) which you can use when buying the TV. it's just a points thing, and by buying the TV you get pretty much enough points for a $20 gift voucher! sweet deal. this may only be available if you go visit the store though

12) pricing is cash/credit card only. you may be able to get an interest free period by signing up to a store credit card, not sure about that as i just put it on Amex.

13) not sure how long this GB will run for. i guess it will run for as long as they have stock, and for as long as it's a good deal. but with the FREE 26" LCD, the deal doesn't get much better!

14) please post in this thread if you actually purchase. thanks

made it this far? you must be interested in the pricing.

tell 'em the price son!!!

ok, here's the deal:

Samsung P9 50" Plasma (derr)

ticket price on it was $4,499! i think it's because they have 10% off plasmas and LCD's at the moment. we are getting a slightly better deal than $4,499 less 10% ;)

with 1 year extended warranty (i.e. total 3 years), and delivery in Sydney metro = $3,000

with 3 years extended warranty (i.e. total 5 years), and delivery in Sydney metro = $3,240

delivery may be more to regional and interstate, but could not confirm.

i took a gamble and only purchased the 1 year warranty. totally up to you which way you want to go though.

as noted above, please try and refrain from haggling the guy down even more. if you think you can do better, by all means go ahead, just don't bother our contact :)

i think that about covers it. any other questions, please post here or PM me.

if you're ready to purchase, PM me for the contacts details.

cheers and happy buying.

Edited by Stooge007

i'm pulling out of the GB, looks like someone in WA has managed to get a similar deal at Myers, and it's just around the corner from me.

so thanks for the effort, but i'll go hassle Myer Garden city..

wohoooo... free 26" TV here i come

:-)

i know i'm only a new member here, but i'm a long-time member (4.5 years, 10th highest post count) of Mobile Electronics Australia (aka MEA or CAA) under the same username, if you need some form of reference (search around for my posts).

Whilst im only new here aswell, ill happily vouch for Stooge, as im also a 'Post Whore' on MEA/CAA. :lol: Hes been around a long while and hasnt had any dramas there in that period.

You can check out our profiles here:

Stooge007

mad89

Good Luck Stooge. :)

hey Stooge

This deal sounds too good!! I was tossing between the panasonic and samsung but this free offer deal has swayed me towards the sam. Please send PM details as I pretty keen to purchase it...what was the final price (ext warranty -3 yrs (total 5yrs) and delivery)??

Cheers

vinex & eosdude - please see kgb's signature so you can PM me.

i'd rather have a PM from everyone, so i can easily check who i have and haven't sent the details to.

PM's replied to:

Slouchie

predator666

jd71

jaffa cree

please also don't forget about HDMI cables! purchase HDMI cables from our fellow DTV member Foxtail at http://www.hdmioz.com who will pack and ship a quality HDMI cable to you for as little as $13!! plus Express Post (don't pay $40+ per cable retail). Allow a few days for delivery!

cheers

Edited by Stooge007

hey Stooge

This deal sounds too good!! I was tossing between the panasonic and samsung but this free offer deal has swayed me towards the sam. Please send PM details as I pretty keen to purchase it...what was the final price (ext warranty -3 yrs (total 5yrs) and delivery)??

Cheers

price is $3k even for 3 years total warranty, and $3,240 for 5 years total warranty.

delivery to Sydney metro is included, but may be more for regional/interstate.

please see kgb's sig to allow for PMs :)

cheers

Edited by Stooge007

UPDATE

just spoke to my guy.

interstate delivery should be ok, but pricing may be a bit more expensive, as we're looking to ship them from the warehouse in Sydney, as the national stores may not entertain such a good price :(

he couldn't give me definite details, but i'd imagine it may cost an extra $50-70 or so.

please call our contact and once he has your address details, will confirm with you the extra charge (if any).

hope this helps :)

cheers

Edited by Stooge007