[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest elfinke

Yeah, despite the local 'stocktake' sales going on, there are no sticker prices anywhere near $3k and the retailers themselves aren't willing to do me a panel + delivery + warranty for less than $3300 either :(

Oh and season's greetings to all and sundry!

elfinke@exemailDOTcom.au

Thank-ing you kindly!

Edited by elfinke

Has anyone had further issues with the buzzing on their p9? Im sitting 3.5 metres away and i can hear it in the background. The noise varies depending one whats playing... Im thinking of trying to do that tile solution posted in the sticky thread.

Im sure having it 20 cm from the wall isnt helping to muffle it either :(

Still trying to get all the channels going at once! lol Each time i get one another one disappears :D I have them all but for sbs. *scratches his head*

Guest simohagz

Hi everyone,

Firstly, whoever got the sub $3,000 prices is a legend. Unbelieveable.

The best I was able to get was $3200 at JB hifi.

I live in Sydney and am looking to buy this week.

Could someone please send me a copy of the reciepts to simohagz@tpg.com.au ?

I simply cannot believe the bargaining power of some poeple...I literaaly spent an hour trying to talk him down past $3,200.

Anyways, Thanks in advance,

Simon

I simply cannot believe the bargaining power of some poeple...I literaaly spent an hour trying to talk him down past $3,200.

I only spent 10 minutes to get $2981 from the good guys Cairns

what i did is...

all i need to say is if you can do for under $3k i will pay it NOW!

and then the sales person talk to store manager for about 2 minutes and YES i got it for $2981 with free delivery :)

Edited by orican

Guest simohagz

orican,

I have been trying at warringah mall in sydney and the cheapest they will go is 3,200. After that they literally walk away from you...

I dunno where I am going to go next, I really want to seal this deal ASAP so that I dont miss out on the bonus tv.

Simo

I only spent 10 minutes to get $2981 from the good guys Cairns

what i did is...

all i need to say is if you can do for under $3k i will pay it NOW!

and then the sales person talk to store manager for about 2 minutes and YES i got it for $2981 with free delivery :)

Thats the way I do 99% of my bargaining if they will not do the price you want walk out

and go somewhere that will. Naturally I research before attempting this..

The fact your even there is a win for the store. In a very competitive industry if a sales

person just lets you walk out they are not doing their job.

Edited by omb

Thats the way I do 99% of my bargaining if they will not do the price you want walk out

and go somewhere that will. Naturally I research before attempting this..

The fact your even there is a win for the store. In a very competitive industry if a sales

person just lets you walk out they are not doing their job.

Only problem is, they are well aware that demand for P9 units are running high, stock is running low and time for the free lcd bonus is running out. Given these factors...the sales people can hold off from selling.

Thats what bing lee had basically told me when i went around with my copy of the receipts. He told me they had 3 units and were the only ones left. Everyone else was left waiting for the next shipment which will come when it comes. Luckily jb hifi had a couple left. Even then the salesmen wasnt all that impressed. Im sure they hate price matching let alone when they have a "union" of shoppers working together to pit chains against one another.

Thats why we are seeing more and more people being turned down. For now atleast.... :)

Edited by kello

Guys I'm just gathering my forces and about to go into battle down here in Hobart. I've already obtained the JB receipt for 2811 for which I'm of course very grateful, but was wondering if someone would be kind enough to send me one of the amazing Myer receipts, in the 2500 and 2800 range I believe. And thank you to those who managed to bargain so well and share these receipts with us in the first place. My email's timwog@hotmail.com. Many thanks.

Guys I'm just gathering my forces and about to go into battle down here in Hobart. I've already obtained the JB receipt for 2811 for which I'm of course very grateful, but was wondering if someone would be kind enough to send me one of the amazing Myer receipts, in the 2500 and 2800 range I believe. And thank you to those who managed to bargain so well and share these receipts with us in the first place. My email's timwog@hotmail.com. Many thanks.

You'll be lucky!, theres such a shortage of these models at the moment, and because the dealers know about the free bees, they will hold the price. :unsure:

You'll be lucky!, theres such a shortage of these models at the moment, and because the dealers know about the free bees, they will hold the price. :unsure:

Yes Colindale, that does appear to be the case in many places, though I did a ring around yesterday here in Hobart and the 3 stores I tried all have stocks. So I may get lucky. Anyone kind enough to send a receipt please? timwog@hotmail.com

phew

It is a marathon regarding through 20 pages of this thread.

I am based in perth and it seems only two members were able to get sub $3k price offf Myer Garden City, is this correct? If there are other Perth members that have purchased this panel at sub $3k price in Perth, can you please kindly which store and how much you paid for it?

Will also greatly appreciate it if some kind soul can email me a copy of their receipts so I can use for my bargaining.

My email address: ssschen@bigpond.com

Thanking you in advance, & happy new year all. :)