[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a few of you in melb. can't get the 3k price too.

I thought I was the only one who can't get this deal even with a receipt 3+ weeks ago.

The sales person did offer me 3123 2+1 warranty inclusive delivery.

But settled for a pana. PZ.

I've just bought mine from Myer Garden City, Perth for $2811 (after extensive bargaining) on Tuesday and got it delivered on Thursday. Didn't bother with the extended warranty as they wanted to charge me an extra 240 for just one year. I've read that samsung is reasonably reliable (being in the top 3 brands for plasma reliability) with repair rates of only approx 3% a year. In general, found it pretty difficult to get the P91 for that price in Perth... must be the lack of competition here! Good luck to those still looking :D

Hi Kelvin, did you end up dealing with Jonathon or did you speak to one of the other guy's. I don't know what was going on with the extended warranty, if you look at the price list hanging off the cash register it is only $189 for a 1 year extended warranty on a Plasma under $3000. But anyway pleased they came to the party. Now enjoy.

Hi Kelvin, did you end up dealing with Jonathon or did you speak to one of the other guy's. I don't know what was going on with the extended warranty, if you look at the price list hanging off the cash register it is only $189 for a 1 year extended warranty on a Plasma under $3000. But anyway pleased they came to the party. Now enjoy.

Hi Fast700c,

yeah I did go through Jonathon. He mentioned that he couldn't give me exactly the same deal with the warranty but I'm not fussed about it anyway. Its a fantastic tv, really enjoying it :) Thanks for your advice

Massive props to the people sending out the receipts!!!! Armed with the JB $2811 receipt today I went around a few stores in southside Brisbane. Good Guys Hyperdome reckoned they couldn't possibly do any better than $3400 for the TV only. Myer Hyperdome wouldn't budge past $3300 for the TV.

Walked into JB Hifi Hyperdome though and after just a moment's hesitation as they saw the price, they agreed to do the TV for $2811. I bought additional warranty which may have influenced their decision.

So yeah, Brisbane people, try JB Hifi at Logan Hyperdome! PM me if you want details on the guy I dealt with.

Edited by orbitor

Any one having problems with the fax number where you send the paperwork?

I have tried on 3 different fax machines and it takes over 20 minutes for it to get a failed transmission.

Hi guys I have been a longtime lurker of this thread. The best I was able to get so far is 3250 for the tv at Harvey Norman at QV at Melbourne.

Could anyone send me some receipts under 3k? Are you all paying cash? (I assume so)

I did the rounds today, and had no luck getting anything below 3.3K (without extended warranty).

Not even the JB in Maribynnong would match 2.8K, which was a bit of a bummer :(

yeah..far out similar thing for me, KB'd from all nunawading and knox retailers

Melb seems to be pretty tough to crack - if its as simple as going to the retailer/salesperson who sold it for 3100 with extended - shouldn't we just do that? then theres the issue of stock...

guess just gotta either pay it or wait till Christmas settles?

Got my Samsung P9 50' in Myer Hurstville(Sydney) for $2557(panel) + $189 (3 year Myer Warrenty, 3 year in total) + $35 (Delivery) with Bertzz's Receipt. Paid in Myer Card(6months interest free) and Credit Card (Master)

Very happy with the price and can't wait to see the TV....

Cheers guys especially Bertzz!!

Hi Tony. I live in Sydney so if you could email the recipt it would be very much appreciated. email to shanedryan@yahoo.com

yeah..far out similar thing for me, KB'd from all nunawading and knox retailers

Melb seems to be pretty tough to crack - if its as simple as going to the retailer/salesperson who sold it for 3100 with extended - shouldn't we just do that? then theres the issue of stock...

guess just gotta either pay it or wait till Christmas settles?

yep!

i have given up and looking at the Samsung, looking at Sony W 40" model instead, comes with PS3, were able to bring it down to $2295 at GG so after i get rid of the ps3 for $550. I'm only paying $1745 for a Full HD Sony 40" LCD!

Receipt Sent. Sorry, haven't come back here for a while.

The price actually is $2537 + $189 + $35 and I used the $20 Myer voucher(got it when I applied Myer Card) so the total should be $2761, not the $2741 on the receipt....

Can I request a copy of that receipt also to deviousgolf@gmail.com

Thanks in advance ...

Guest ballbag

Hi there

Sorry to tap on to the end of everyones hard work, but can I get a copy of one of the cheap (2500-2700) invoices for the Samsung? I am going to try find someone to price match in the ACT.....

have been tossing up about the Samsung for a while and with the bonus 26inch LCD, I would like to get in!

Email to ball_bag001@yahoo.com

Hi all,

just bought my baby from myer sydney cbd. Took in the receipt from tonyju. They wouldnt match $2761 for the panel, extra yr warranty and delivery. Although they offered $2999 which included extra yr warranty so i snapped it up, tried to get delivery free but they wouldnt have it. So im pretty happy with the deal.

I will try and scan the receipt for you guys when i get a chance.

Thanks to tonyju for the receipt.

And all others who bargained for their life!

Cheers!

Hi all,

just bought my baby from myer sydney cbd. Took in the receipt from tonyju. They wouldnt match $2761 for the panel, extra yr warranty and delivery. Although they offered $2999 which included extra yr warranty so i snapped it up, tried to get delivery free but they wouldnt have it. So im pretty happy with the deal.

I will try and scan the receipt for you guys when i get a chance.

Thanks to tonyju for the receipt.

And all others who bargained for their life!

Cheers!

can someone please send the reciepts to damokat @ adam.com.au

without the spaces before and after the @ of course.

I am trying to buy one of these tommorow!!

If anyone has a copy of tonyju's receipt or any others close to 3k I would appreciate it immensely.

Edited by skeet182

If anyone has a copy of tonyju's receipt or any others close to 3k I would appreciate it immensely.

Email sent.

Could someone please me a copy of one of these receipts as well. I am looking at buying today.

haydnb1@gmail.com

Best I could get yesterday was $3500 delivered with 5 year warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by haydnb

I've been trying for a few days in warringah mall, sydney, couldn't get a price below $3300.

Does anyone have a copy of a sub $3K receipt they cam email me ( beeosk@tpg.com.au )

Thanks for any assistance

Edited by og013