[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

Has anyone recently bought a 50" P9 in Perth? I've been to my local myer (garden city and city) and jb hifi myaree with a copy of a receipt from each store (for $2811) but they refused and claimed the receipts were fake... which they are obviously not. Just wondering if anyone out there in Perth can advise me on where to purchase a P9 at a decent price?

thanks

Kelvin

Anyone heard of any stock issues? Went P9 shopping today (Alexandria - Bing Lee and Good Guys). Good Guys told me they have run out and no idea when the next shipment was and Bing Lee had one but would not go below $3200... Then went to the supacentre and Harvey Norman and Dick Smith had none and no idea when they were getting anymore.

Going to try Myers and JB soon and praying I can get below $3000!

Hi there

This is a great deal.

You must be sick of e mailing receipts but if you could help me out that would be great.

eagle_pt@hotmail.com

Cheers

Baggiez

Hi Baffiez,

Can you please email me a copy of the receipt. I live in Point Cook as well and JB store is close buy as well.

Please, Please, Please........

Cheers

hey guys,

Has anyone recently bought a 50" P9 in Perth? I've been to my local myer (garden city and city) and jb hifi myaree with a copy of a receipt from each store (for $2811) but they refused and claimed the receipts were fake... which they are obviously not. Just wondering if anyone out there in Perth can advise me on where to purchase a P9 at a decent price?

thanks

Kelvin

tried many stores around perth yesterday with the $2811 receipt but none would come close to it ended up buying the 50" p9 at jb cannington for $3150. hope this helps

cheers paul

hey guys,

thanks

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin, the Myer receipt you have is probably mine (other people seem to be sending it around now) and was actually from the Garden city store. The salesperson I dealt with is no longer there but I actually had my set replaced and was in there on Friday and dealt with Jonathon, who returned the first one and then re did the sale for my replacement.

My deal was $3000 total including delivery and 1 year extra warranty ($2776 screen only).

Go back to Jonathon and try to see if he will do it. Mention the recepit you have belongs to the guy who saw you last Friday to arrange replacement of his P9. He should remember.

All the best.

HI all,

I too was lucky enough to take the $2811 receipt to my local JB HIFI in Sydney and got a Sammy for $2811 plus $179 for a total of 5 years warranty....... 4 other stores including Good Guys, Clive Anthonys, Myers told me to forget it!

The TV was brought home last Saturday, then we packed the car to go on a weeks holiday......ahhhh it was a long week away.

Set it up last night.. a very proud daddy! Can anyone point me to recommended setups for it?

Now just deciding how I can show off its HD capabilities! I might start with my PC before taking the plunge on a game console. Shame the BR HD drives are still so expensive!! Anyone recommend a decent PC video card to use?

Hi Ozpanda,

Thats a really sweet deal could you please tell me which JB was this and possibly email me a copy of the receipt i am really interested in this deal.

Btw a BR drive + decent video card would probably set you back as much as a console. I would recommend an ATI card but i think a visit to whirlpool would be more helpful, they will definitely point you in the right direction.

Edited by Hellyeah

HI all,

I too was lucky enough to take the $2811 receipt to my local JB HIFI in Sydney and got a Sammy for $2811 plus $179 for a total of 5 years warranty....... 4 other stores including Good Guys, Clive Anthonys, Myers told me to forget it!

The TV was brought home last Saturday, then we packed the car to go on a weeks holiday......ahhhh it was a long week away.

Set it up last night.. a very proud daddy! Can anyone point me to recommended setups for it?

Now just deciding how I can show off its HD capabilities! I might start with my PC before taking the plunge on a game console. Shame the BR HD drives are still so expensive!! Anyone recommend a decent PC video card to use?

Hi Oz, anychance in sending me a scan of your receipt ? Thanks :)

guys

just an FYI

you need the serial number of the P9 in order to claim for the 26" LCD

so if you want to get the free LCD, you need to take delivery before the promotion cut-off date of 15 January.

afaik, the Samsung terms and conditions state that NO free LCD's will be given out after the promo closes.

so get in quick :)

Hi Kelvin, the Myer receipt you have is probably mine (other people seem to be sending it around now) and was actually from the Garden city store. The salesperson I dealt with is no longer there but I actually had my set replaced and was in there on Friday and dealt with Jonathon, who returned the first one and then re did the sale for my replacement.

My deal was $3000 total including delivery and 1 year extra warranty ($2776 screen only).

Go back to Jonathon and try to see if he will do it. Mention the recepit you have belongs to the guy who saw you last Friday to arrange replacement of his P9. He should remember.

All the best.

Hi fast700c,

thanks for the tip. Yeah, I was told by the city myer that receipt was from Garden City. I'll go to Garbo tomorrow and have a chat with Jonathan. Hopefully, I can get a similar deal to yours.

Kelvin

guys

just an FYI

you need the serial number of the P9 in order to claim for the 26" LCD

so if you want to get the free LCD, you need to take delivery before the promotion cut-off date of 15 January.

afaik, the Samsung terms and conditions state that NO free LCD's will be given out after the promo closes.

so get in quick :)

The thing i am worried about is the "while stocks last" if i get a copy of a receipt i'll probably go for this deal but if i choose black for the 26" and they run out of black stock will i get a white or none? Do you think i will have a better chance of getting one if choose a white. I'm not that fussed on colour but the black is sexy.

The thing i am worried about is the "while stocks last" if i get a copy of a receipt i'll probably go for this deal but if i choose black for the 26" and they run out of black stock will i get a white or none? Do you think i will have a better chance of getting one if choose a white. I'm not that fussed on colour but the black is sexy.

on the redemption form, the white is a "limited special" or some junk like that.

i believe they should have plenty of stock of the black

Hi Baffiez,

Can you please email me a copy of the receipt. I live in Point Cook as well and JB store is close buy as well.

Please, Please, Please........

Cheers

Hey Narain

I've passed on copies of receipts from other members to you by e mail.

Went to Myer (Melb City) and they did the deal for $2850 (panel only) without any problems. We arranged delivery for tomorrow so I think they have plenty of stock.

Good luck to everyone chasing a deal and many thanks to forum members for sharing their information.

Cheers

Baggiez

You guys are lucky.

Ive just sat at my computer all week looking out into the hall at the smashed up box that the smashed P9 sits in until I get my new one on Tuesday. I am really pissed and if there is anything wrong with the next one I will just get my money back. It better not have ANY buzzing!

Lets keep this thread alive with info when you receive the P9, setups, issues, tips etc.

regards

Justin

I really need a copy of a receipt to stick it to the myer staff i went their last night only to find the Q9(at $2800) next to the P9($4400 but with a sign saying $300 off) i really doubt they are bringing them in for $4700 a good 300 above the rrp on the sammy website. When i mentioned people getting it around $2800 he laughed and said not possible, i wont be getting it their but will go back with proof.

Edited by Hellyeah

I really need a copy of a receipt to stick it to the myer staff i went their last night only to find the Q9(at $2800) next to the P9($4400 but with a sign saying $300 off) i really doubt they are bringing them in for $4700 a good 300 above the rrp on the sammy website. When i mentioned people getting it around $2800 he laughed and said not possible, i wont be getting it their but will go back with proof.

Silly salesman. When I showed the receipt to staff at myer and good guys they get weak at the nees and couldnt come close to it, their cost was 500 bucks above the receipt, what they said anyhow, should have bought it locally though and would have it now.

Hellyeah,

Drop me an email if you need a receipt.

adamwilson1968 @ optusnet.com.au

Adam

Guest elfinke

Hi all,

Super long time lurker, first time poster (no, not the variety that you hang on your wall :)). Anyway, I too am looking to buy one of these screens (to pair with my PS3), but don't live anywhere near a capital city - the only people I have to deal with in my municipality are Retra Vision and Harvey Normans. Nevertheless, I had been quoted $3100 for the screen only, and $3450 for the screen plus the EW up to 5 years.

However, since I've been keenly observing this thread for some time, I've been holding back from buying said screen - if I could get the screen plus warranty for $3100 or less paying by credit card, I'd be all over it.

Therefore (and to the reason of me finally registering and joining this fine community), could I possibly also get a copy of this receipt that is proving to be quiet useful for other members please?

Shoot me a copy to elfinke @ exemail dot com dot au.

I look forward to being able to join in on a 'P9 owners' thread soon!

I too was lucky enough to take the $2811 receipt to my local JB HIFI in Sydney and got a Sammy for $2811 plus $179 for a total of 5 years warranty.......

I have just confirmed with JB that it is actually 4 years total warranty.

They guy had in his head that Samsung was 3 year manu warranty instead of 2 years, so he added the extra 2 for a total of 5 years...... Not sure if he is just bluffing or not!

But I think $179 even for 2 years extra is pretty good. He told me he could go to 5 years total for another $50 if i go back in.