[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the plasma arrives 2 days late. Massive big cracks and broken inside glass. Nice folks at TNT, hopefully the baffoon that dropped it will lose his job. What a loser! Waiting to see what happens next.

Sorry to hear that. Most delivery people do not understand the plasma must sit upright. You must not lay them down.

I assume the delivery man did not strap it down. He should be shot.

To all who have requested a copy of the receipt I'll email tonight.

Hi jezz

Please add me to the receipt request list chall@optusnet.com.au

Shopping for a deal tomorrow - Thanks!

Cam

So the plasma arrives 2 days late. Massive big cracks and broken inside glass. Nice folks at TNT, hopefully the baffoon that dropped it will lose his job. What a loser! Waiting to see what happens next.

that's soooo annoying

hope it all works out!

cheers

That's terrible! I can't say I was too impressed how mine appeared to be placed inside the truck either (not face down thankfully), but I was lucky it seems.

In my experience, courier companies are absolute clowns when it comes to large items. Not intelligent people.

Sorry to hear that. Most delivery people do not understand the plasma must sit upright. You must not lay them down.

I assume the delivery man did not strap it down. He should be shot.

Thanks )

Well, they must have dropped it off the back of the truck, thats the only way it could have been smashed like this, it was upright in the truck.

That's terrible! I can't say I was too impressed how mine appeared to be placed inside the truck either (not face down thankfully), but I was lucky it seems.

In my experience, courier companies are absolute clowns when it comes to large items. Not intelligent people.

Yeh, it was your truck too predator, they both went out from Sydney together, lol, your Coolangatta yeh?. Mine arrives a couple days later all smashed. Be interesting to see what Myer does, I dont particularly want to wait for weeks for a replacement. It must have been dropped from a decent height to smash the screen like this, unreal.

Is your buzzing annoying you on yours? Had buyers remorse before even receiving mine with you guys having buzzing problems and other ones on here. See what happens anyway........

To all who have requested a copy of the receipt I'll email tonight.

hi jezz,

would greatly appreciate a copy of the receipt, my dad is in the market for this particular plasma, my email address is ankdyl1@gmail.com thanks in advance

cheers paul

Justin, so sorry to hear that. Hope you get a quick resolve. Maybe get your money back and get one locally. Makes a slight buzz look small!

Justin, so sorry to hear that. Hope you get a quick resolve. Maybe get your money back and get one locally. Makes a slight buzz look small!

Thanks man! Yeh, look if you took your P9 and dropped it from your roof, I imagine this is what it would look like. Myer are being good about it, but they have no recourse of action with TNT, hard to believe isnt it? Moron that dropped it wont even lose his job or get a reprimand, so hes out there still delivering tvs. I think Ive learnt my lesson though, I will just get locally next time. I hope I made the right choice with it in the end. I hope everything is fine when the next one comes, I dont know when that will be though. If you had your cash again, would you get another P9? At least there wll be a free lcd at the end of the day.

cheers

Justin

Thanks man! Yeh, look if you took your P9 and dropped it from your roof, I imagine this is what it would look like. Myer are being good about it, but they have no recourse of action with TNT, hard to believe isnt it? Moron that dropped it wont even lose his job or get a reprimand, so hes out there still delivering tvs. I think Ive learnt my lesson though, I will just get locally next time. I hope I made the right choice with it in the end. I hope everything is fine when the next one comes, I dont know when that will be though. If you had your cash again, would you get another P9? At least there wll be a free lcd at the end of the day.

cheers

Justin

Definately, I'm more than happy with my screen. Fantastic picture, everything is great, except the slight buzz. To be honest it really isn't that noticable. It's just that I know it's there now. My wife hadn't noticed it until I drew it to her attetion yesterday. You don't notice it when watching at normal volumes.

I'm going to see if I can get the screen swaped and can hopefully score a new receipt that will mean I can qualify for the free LCD. :D

When you finaly get a screen in one piece I promise you'll be one happy camper.

Emailed to the people who have requested.

WOW thanks for your informative email! I will be heading down there this weekend to purchase it, but when i call up the maribygong store they said they were out of stock and wont be able to get one in for another 2 weeks or so :(

Will see how i go this weekend, thanks again jezz! and all the other guys that help out!!!

With regards to the buzz:

Definately, I'm more than happy with my screen. Fantastic picture, everything is great, except the slight buzz. To be honest it really isn't that noticable. It's just that I know it's there now. My wife hadn't noticed it until I drew it to her attetion yesterday. You don't notice it when watching at normal volumes.

I agree, after watching Stooge's I wouldn't have noticed it but I was playing with the connections and standing right next to it.

With normal viewing I don't think it is an issue, I never even noticed it from the couch.

With regards to the buzz:

I agree, after watching Stooge's I wouldn't have noticed it but I was playing with the connections and standing right next to it.

With normal viewing I don't think it is an issue, I never even noticed it from the couch.

Got this from a poll on AVSForum. It relates to the 8th Gen Pioneers.

Seems it's not just the Samsungs that have a buzz.

The comments seem to sound exactly the same as the buzzing sammy owners are experiencing, so I don't think there's anything to worry about with the P91's. Seems it is something common to all plasma's to a certain extent.

If you do get one that buzzes to loud just return it for another.

8th Gen Pioneer Buzz Pole:

No buzz

41.21%

Only from back of set

16.97%

Only when sitting close (less than 4 ft)

7.27%

Yes, but it's not annoying

12.12%

Yes, and it's annoying

19.39%

Yes, and it's the reason I returned the set

3.03%

Hi there. Long time reader, first time poster...

Has anyone received their free 26" LCD yet? Or does anyone know how long it takes to arrive after the purchase confirmation is sent in? I would like to use as a computer monitor.

Thanks

CDM

Pulled the trigger on my P9 today;

50" P9

1 year extended warranty (total 3)

XBOX 360 HD-DVD add on drive

All for $3,300.

In stock and picking it up tomorrow. Bought from JB HiFi Macquarie Centre NSW. Probably not the sharpest deal out there, but considering the free 26" LCD TV, I'm more than happy I waited until December.

Thanks very much to fast700c & Jezz for the receipt copies. Made the haggling process quick and painless :)

Cheers all,

Cam

The comments seem to sound exactly the same as the buzzing sammy owners are experiencing, so I don't think there's anything to worry about with the P91's. Seems it is something common to all plasma's to a certain extent. If you do get one that buzzes to loud just return it for another.

I actually noticed it last night for the first time, moving the set, and rotating it went away to almost nothing. The thing draws nearly 520W, and is a high current device .. anything that draws that much power will make a bit of transformer noise (and plenty of heat) unfortuantely.