[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

Thanks for your reply Justin. Itching to get down to JB but no chance today. I noticed that The Electrical Discount has the P9 at $3169 but their extended warranty is $449 :blink:

Yeah $3169 as per here:

Linky

But why not use that as a starting point for negotiating between that store and a few others?

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realised that I missed the GB so I went to JB at Macquarie Centre on Monday afternoon. I brought the print out of the forum GB post which listed the prices, and asked for a price match (for the 3yrs extended warranty i.e. $3240). The guy quickly checked it at the back office and then agreed to match it for me. I have to pay separately ($60) for the delivery though. Asked for delivery on this Saturday so I don't need to take time off work. 3 more days to go!

Still pretty happy with the final price ($3300), and faxed the free LCD TV form over to Samsung this morning after I had registered last night. Not sure when will it be delivered though?

Chewy

P.S. picked up the Blu-ray Spiderman 1-3 boxset @$54.98 on the way out of JB as well.... getting ready for the Full HD experience... :)

I was able to get mine for $2811 with an additional purchase + surge protector = $3000 at JB in Melbourne.

A few of my mate have got them at that price as well.

Any chance you could email a scan of your receipt to me (nath@internode.on.net). I am going shopping for this TV on the weekend and it would be a huge help!

I was able to get mine for $2811 with an additional purchase + surge protector = $3000 at JB in Melbourne.

A few of my mate have got them at that price as well.

Hi Do you have the details of which JB? I'm in melbourne too and have check everywhere couldnt even get close to what you got it for.

If you can provide me with the store / and the person you dealt with will be great!

Looking to get one next week before the promo ends

thanks!

PS: If you can send the scan of the reciept that would be great!

my email address is andytu@hotmail.com thanks!

sorry guys, still haven't had a chance to call our contact, but i guess for now, assume that the price has gone up.

seems like people are managing to negotiate some pretty good deals anyway.

for those that can't be bothered negotiating, or are no good at it, i have sourced a deal for MELB members only, which is not awesome, but not too bad, which is:

$3300 with extended warranty Total 3 years and delivered melb metro suburbs.

$3360 with extended warranty Total 4 years and delivered melb metro suburbs.

$3430 with extended warranty Total 5 years and delivered melb metro suburbs.

No Amex or Dinners card otherwise extra 3% charge.

Delivery destinations more than 25 km from the CBD may incur higher charge for delivery.( Del mon-fri)

if you want details of this contact, please PM me.

cheers

Well at the moment, my 3k plasma is LOST

TNT dont know where it is, Myer doesnt know where it is.

I hope it turns up this week as the money is already debited from my card, and no plasma.

It was put on the truck the same day as predator666's one was yet he got his on Monday!

I have visions of the TNT guys watching a 50" plasma drinking VB for their xmas party. Hopefuly thats not the case!

Justin

Any chance you could email a scan of your receipt to me (nath@internode.on.net). I am going shopping for this TV on the weekend and it would be a huge help!

Yes, I will scan tonight and email it to you.

Note this does not include delivery since the salesman said they outsourced their delivery and they charged $80. I am not sure if this is specific to the JB I went to. Since I am close by I decide to pick it up myself.

Keep it mind don't lay the plasma flat they must be upright.

Hi Do you have the details of which JB? I'm in melbourne too and have check everywhere couldnt even get close to what you got it for.

If you can provide me with the store / and the person you dealt with will be great!

Looking to get one next week before the promo ends

thanks!

PS: If you can send the scan of the reciept that would be great!

my email address is andytu@hotmail.com thanks!

Yes I'll email one to you too. I also know Good Guys is willing to match the same price. I'll email you the store locations where they have matched the price also.

Yes, I will scan tonight and email it to you.

Note this does not include delivery since the salesman said they outsourced their delivery and they charged $80. I am not sure if this is specific to the JB I went to. Since I am close by I decide to pick it up myself.

Keep it mind don't lay the plasma flat they must be upright.

Hi Jezz, could you send me a copy too please? princemr@gmail.com. Really appreciate that.