[eoi] - Samsung 50" P9 Group Buy

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stormrage

Heya all,

After read all the posted, I'd just like to drop in a few quick msg to Stooge, friends and members that has contected me with an interest of purchasing the Samsung PS50P91FDX and recieve a bonus LCD TV Promotion via redemtion from Samsung, with regards to stock level I'll make sure you'll get yours once payment are made final, then our office ladies will keys in the order and schedule for the delivery as requested with prior call 1hr b4 delivery on requested date.

Notes: as Stooge mentioned 1st in best dress :) [edited out store name]. I've recieved order 1 from QLD, 1 from Vic, 1 from ADL, 1 person from NSW oder 2 unit and another 1 with possibility of 3 order for the thier friend and cousin and 1 from my friend which he just call up to place an oder at 10:15 pm lol :).

I'll place an order for more to come but wether it'll arrive before xmas that I can't promise but will update how everything goes ...

Cheers

even with the reciepts i got from various people.. i went to JB, Retravision, Myers and Good guys

the best prices i got was $3400, $3210, $3550 and $3320... all with no addded warranty except for the myers one who offered the extra year...

i could not be stuffed with any more running around, so i've pm's stooge for the contact details of the GB dude, and order it from there

sorry i pulled out early, but i'm back :-)

P9 heat generate lot of heat... very hot (if you place your hand on top of the units you can feel it). Not sure how they perform on long run.

It is better off to take 1+5yrs extended warranty if provided.

Yes they do run hot, but I'm sure all large plasmas must run fairly hot. They all draw a fair bit of current and all that electricity has to be converted into light or heat (or both).

As all Plasmas draw similar currents (more or less) then they all must be pumping out some heat. Some may be better at dissipating it and some still have coling fans (like the Pana PZ's).

When I look down the back of my P9 there is a mass of heat sinks so I'm sure they are designed to handle the heat produced. Ater all we are not talking about 1st generation products here, they've had a fair time to sort out issues like this.

i think i've replied to all PM's.

looks like almost all of the panels have been spoken for, but it looks like more will be on the way.

i'll let everyone know about stock levels, and also about DOA's etc. hopefully today.

i'm also going to discuss with our contact a CLOSING date for this GB, as it could go on forever. will most likely be in the next 7 days or so, so if you want to order, GET IN QUICK! :)

cheers

Edited by Stooge007

* * * UPDATE * * *

as noted previously, our contact is off work today and tomorrow.

should be back Thursday.

in terms of extended warranty, you should be able to speak to anyone at our contacts' store, but PLEASE refrain from ordering from anyone else :)

thanks guys, apologies for any hassles.

cheers

Hi Stooge,

Just to let you know i ordered one yesterday. I faxed him a letter, with my cc details and drivers license on it even though im in Sydney. I asked him if delivery was possible for this Saturday and he said that should be fine. So i cant wait to get it this Saturday. Wanna say thank you for all your help and the hassle you have gone through..

Cheers

Gabe

Heya all,

After read all the posted, I'd just like to drop in a few quick msg to Stooge, friends and members that has contected me with an interest of purchasing the Samsung PS50P91FDX and recieve a bonus LCD TV Promotion via redemtion from Samsung, with regards to stock level I'll make sure you'll get yours once payment are made final, then our office ladies will keys in the order and schedule for the delivery as requested with prior call 1hr b4 delivery on requested date.

Notes: as Stooge mentioned 1st in best dress :) [edited out store name]. I've recieved order 1 from QLD, 1 from Vic, 1 from ADL, 1 person from NSW oder 2 unit and another 1 with possibility of 3 order for the thier friend and cousin and 1 from my friend which he just call up to place an oder at 10:15 pm lol :).

I'll place an order for more to come but wether it'll arrive before xmas that I can't promise but will update how everything goes ...

Cheers

Hi Stormrage,

I hope you have received my order via fax which i sent to your co worker . My friend unfortunately has pulled out sorry for the trouble. Hopefully you can organise delivery for this Saturday.

Cheers

Gabe

This deal sounds very good JB's told me without me trying too hard that they would sell me one for $3400. I wish I could join in but unfortunately I won't free up the funds until just before XMas. :( Once the funds are definately available I'll have to try to get a similar price.

Guest Stormrage
Tv arrives on Thursday evening cant wait woohoo!! Thanks again Stooge.

Cheers

Gabe

Enjoy the big Plasma Gabe :)

To the rest who are interested in purchasing the goods please do what Gabe did and it's the best and quicker way to secure your purchase.

1. Copy of your Driver Licence

2. Your Credit Number

3. Written authorisation from you to allow [store name deleted] charge to your credit card and sign it

4. Please include an estimate delivery date and the address where you want the goods to be deliver.

5. My fax no. (02) 9540 1685

Here is a list of product and covers

1. Samsung Plasma PS50p91FDX = $3000 ( which includes : 2 Years Manufacture Warranty Plus and an extra Extended Warranty Cover by us and delivery within Metro Sydney, NSW)

2. I'd recommended you take 5 Years Product Covers Warranty = $3240

3. For interstate delivery charge added around $20-$50 depends on the locations.

Sorry I'm the a rush, got to go and do my xmas shopping now, I'll check in later

Guest Stormrage
Did you receive my order this morning? I believe I have sent through everything I needed to that number.. First name is Gordon (QLD)

Sorry I'm not at work and I won't be there until Thursday, however if you've sent it then there is no doubt that ur oder will be key in and schedule for delivery.

Guest Stormrage
i believe all the panels are being shipped from the Sydney warehouse to all states

Correct, other store think it's not viable for them to put it thru :( sorry all shipment will be sent from Sydney Warehouse instead.

Gabe, did you go for the extended warranty (5 yrs total)?

No i only went for only 1 yr extended warranty. Reason behind.. Well i think from my past experience if electronics were to break down they will break down within the first yr. Also im not getting a KURO thats worth 5-7k so i didnt go with the extended warranty of 5 yrs.