Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I called Samsung just then and was advised that the 14 days replacement policy restarts when you swap over to the replacement TV. I have yet to speak to Myers manager to confirm this and let you guys know.

I have until this Sat to get a refund if Myer says there is no new 14 days replacement on an already replaced TV and that really scares me as I don't want to go through warranty repairs afterwards....might as well refund and get a brand new one to restart the 14 days replacement if need be......that's if I want to stick with 46F81 after all the dramas :(

BTW Samsung said they are testing one of the F81 they have there at the moment.

Any response from Myer as yet...

Any response from Myer as yet...

Called Myer again but the manager wasn't there when I called :( and I was expecting a call from them! Left message with them to call me back again :angry:

Update......confirmed that the 14 days replacement policy restarts when I receive the replacement TV! Now I feel much better knowing that I can replace it if faulty again :D

Edited by Highlighter

Went to Myer today to try and get a refund, but they wouldn't do it as it had gone over 7 days.

It's been 9 days for me. I guess I will have to go back and get a replacement organised.

As everyone said here the next batch will be on the 17th, he said 16 units of the first batch are waiting to be exchanged. All with the same problem.

I got pushed onto the Manager, as an alternative was offering me the 46 Sony X3100 for 3800, but I didn't want to pay extra. BTW Anyone know if that is cheap?

Hi all,

Would love to hear from anyone that has a PS50P91FDX who is playing SD DVDs for setup recommendations.

I have a Panasonic DVD DMR-ES15 recorder and wondered whether that will be OK relying on the TVs upscaling, or should I buy an upscaling DVD player?

thanks

Adam

Went to Myer today to try and get a refund, but they wouldn't do it as it had gone over 7 days.

It's been 9 days for me. I guess I will have to go back and get a replacement organised.

As everyone said here the next batch will be on the 17th, he said 16 units of the first batch are waiting to be exchanged. All with the same problem.

I got pushed onto the Manager, as an alternative was offering me the 46 Sony X3100 for 3800, but I didn't want to pay extra. BTW Anyone know if that is cheap?

I can get that price from Bing Lee Burwood with no hassling. I was thinking about Sony but the 1 year warranty sucks.

Hi all,

I have some 'good' news perhaps.

I called Samsung today, my first time to report the wave fault.

After trying to explain the issue, i was put on hold and the guy came back saying YES this problem is known,

and they are working on a fix.

I asked him again to confirm that they had seen, (were aware of the issue) and he replied yes a fix was in the works.

He also indicated it would most likely be a firmware fix.

I asked him about returning the unit, as had been suggested for other people who had called earlier in the week.

He mentioned that the other stock would most likely have the same issue until this 'fix' is applied.

So now i'm in limbo. I don't want to organize an exchange for another faulty unit... and sometimes its better

the devil you know. Hate to get a new panel and worst case, find it has clouding and dead pixels.

Though i'd hate to wait for a 'fix' and then pass my 14 day return period if the fix is not per my expectations.

They did not give me any call tracking numbers or anything, they just took my contact details and said would

call me when a fix was ready. Not sure if thats standard practice, cause what is my proof i called?

My insurance is you guys... i figure i'll hear pretty quick on here if others are given different information.

Cheers

Chris

i would ring your retailer and tell them you want to get a replacement.. that will give you a couple of weeks for samsung to get a fix out... if you get the fix b4 the new screen then good...

if you dont then potentially you might be stuck with the screen without a fix...

ps - great news that Sammy are now aware and in fix mode :)

Edited by Tephra

Hi folks,

I have spoke to Samsung and they confirmed their awareness of the problem.

I was advised to seek a replacement as this problem is limited to a bad batch only, which seems a little different to chris vav's experience.

It was recommended that I even wait a bit longer for a replacement to avoid the possibility of getting another dud from the same batch.

Having bought mine from Myer and noticing that the vast majority of others with this issue got theirs from Myer too I was going to wait, as it turns out the store I'm dealing with (Carindale) are out of stock anyway, so I will be getting a swap as soon as the next lot arrives in 3-5 weeks.

Dunno what you guys whose store still has stock from the same batch and you're running out of the 14 days should do.

I feel greatly reassured by this development, and would suggest to those worried about diving in on a purchase to keep the F8 on their shortlist.

Cheers

Edited by BirdieNumNum

Hi folks,

I have spoke to Samsung and they confirmed their awareness of the problem.

I was advised to seek a replacement as this problem is limited to a bad batch.

It was recommended that I even wait a bit longer for a replacement to avoid the possibility of getting another dud from the same batch.

Having bought mine from Myer and noticing that the vast majority of others with this issue got theirs from Myer too I was going to wait, as it turns out the store I'm dealing with (Carindale) are out of stock anyway, so I will be getting a swap as soon as the next lot arrives in 3-5 weeks.

I feel greatly reassured by this development, and would suggest to those worried about diving in on a purchase to keep the F8 on their shortlist.

Cheers

Hi,

So you were told to return and get a replacement?

When you call Samsung... do they give you a return authorization number or anything like,

or do they just say call and return it.. without recording your serial number etc?

If i don't need Samsungs 'approval' then i will return it.

Does the return need to happen before the replacement, or does it all go down on the same day.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chris_vav

Hi,

So you were told to return and get a replacement?

When you call Samsung... do they give you a return authorization number or anything like,

or do they just say call and return it.. without recording your serial number etc?

If i don't need Samsungs 'approval' then i will return it.

Does the return need to happen before the replacement, or does it all go down on the same day.

Cheers

Chris

I was told by Myer that the return and delivery of the new set will take place at the same time so I can keep watching the "wavy" set.

I would also hope that Samsung test the new batch before releasing these to the retailers as well as also letting people know if there is a firmware fix as I would rather apply the firmware update rather than exchange for another unknown set...

You do not need to call Samsung 1st if you can sound convincing on the phone with your supplier.

Initially the Myer guy wanted Samsung to send a tech out. I suspected that was BS but didn't care without getting the whole picture from both sides.

Then Samsung revealed that they knew about the problem and suggested requesting a replacement, without logging my details (I certainly logged theirs)

I repeated the conversation to Myer guy and he happily obliged the RA without any further confirmation.

I also hope a firmware upgrade offers a solution, but I suspect if the fault really is a bad batch, a firmware upgrade will not cut it.

I got a callback from Samsung.

At least they do follow up.. and not just ignore you.

They actually NOW wanted my address details, and serial number so that they can keep a record of the affected units.

My guess is they're trying to isolate the affected units and see what batch they came from.

I also assume this means i'm being handled under a warranty repair... now that they know my serial number.

At least the TV is actually functional... as long as they don't want to take it away without a replacement.

The guy said their tech was coming out on Monday (not to my place) to their own labs i guess and should know more

about a solution.

Sorry to piss on the party fellas, but like my neighbour, I got mine today and it does not have the fault.

Let me know if you need firmware blah blah posted - suggests a bad batch methinks

Hi,

Thats great news.

Can you let us know your firmware version to verify if it ships with a newer version or not?

I don't remember the menu steps off hand, but i think i did list them in this thread.

Thanks

Chris

Sorry to piss on the party fellas, but like my neighbour, I got mine today and it does not have the fault.

Let me know if you need firmware blah blah posted - suggests a bad batch methinks

Another question for you.. what is your panel version?

You can find this on a sticker on the lower right side of the tv just near the plastic speak trim.

So its on the side.. not the back.

My panel is SS02

I've read info from other sites indicating the SQ panels have had less problems.

Also, in your serial number do you have a PAxxxxx or a PBxxxxxx

To all those who have arranged for a replacement set from Myer City Sydney or any other Myer...

What was your process?...did u get a receipt of some sort or confirmation? Did you have to go there in person and show them the receipt?

I am a bit worried with how they arranged a replacement set with me.

I went in and spoke to the guy, and said it was faulty, showed him the receipt, then he took a photocopy of it and that was it.

He said he will arrange a replacement and put it in the system and should arrive when they get more units in on the 17th.

To all those who have arranged for a replacement set from Myer City Sydney or any other Myer...

What was your process?...did u get a receipt of some sort or confirmation? Did you have to go there in person and show them the receipt?

I am a bit worried with how they arranged a replacement set with me.

I went in and spoke to the guy, and said it was faulty, showed him the receipt, then he took a photocopy of it and that was it.

He said he will arrange a replacement and put it in the system and should arrive when they get more units in on the 17th.

I did it over the phone, I did ask for the reference number, it is the order number with a prefix, 9.

Haven't checked firmware but detaisl are:

T-PENYDAU0-1006 Software

PY46SQ

SS02

Malaysia build

S

Hmm interesting... you have PY46SQ

I have PY46SO

This must be the distinction between the SQ and SO panels.

The report from other forum is that SQ's may not have this problem.

Can anyone else chec their sets.

The only place i've seen the Model Type is on the box it came in.

Who else has an SQ panel with / without this issue.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Everyone from Adelaide

I ordered the LA46F81BDX last Sunday from JB HiFi here in metro Adelaide and it is to be delivered to me late tomorrow arvo (Friday) BUT I am now thinking of going into JB tomorrow morning with a few printouts of these forum pages and showing the TV section manager what I have been reading and either cancelling my order (it's within 7 days plus I haven't taken delivery yet) OR cancelling tomorrow's delivery and insisting I get one from the second batch that I am reading in this forum is due around 17 December (unless anyone has an update on that?).

What are your thoughts guys as I am really worried I might get a dud one like alot of you others received - I say this coz the JB sales guy last Sunday said none were available util mid December and then he spoke to his manager who "made a phone call" and then I was told they'd found 3 from somewhere and I could have one of them! Concerned by this, I said "it's not a demo model or anything like that is it" and he said "no, it's unused and in an unopened box" so, I went with the deal mainly coz of the great bonus of the 26" free Samsung LCD and also JB had a furter 10% off last weekend only which saved me another $400 over their already discounted price for the F8.

Also Chris_Vav, JB rang me yesterday with my serial number and it starts with 88 (he never mentioned PA or PB or anything like that - my serial Number is ALL numbers and no letters - so, I wonder how this affects things becuase it sure looks like the one I'm getting won't be from the second batch as everything I've read in here says they aint due here till at least 17 December?

Btw, I was seriously interested in the Sony XBR or X3100 before chossing the Sammy F8 - maybe I made the wrong choice? :unsure:

Cheers

powerman1

Hmm interesting... you have PY46SQ

I have PY46SO

This must be the distinction between the SQ and SO panels.

The report from other forum is that SQ's may not have this problem.

Can anyone else chec their sets.

The only place i've seen the Model Type is on the box it came in.

Who else has an SQ panel with / without this issue.

Cheers

Chris

Mine is OK......as per previous post

Type: PY56SO

Made in Malaysia

Version: SS02