Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Well mine is good however 1W standby is BS, I'm measuring 32W

PQ is pretty good, although I don't really have anything to compare it too. 100Hz thing is pretty cool, with 4 settings (Off,Low,Med,High) I have it on Low as High just looks fake, like the ppl are popping out of the screen.

Also some weirdness in the PS3 menus after watching a movie, its like the TV has to detect that 100Hz or NR isn't needed anymore so you need to wait a couple of mins before the PS3 menus come smooth again!

Other than that I am very happy, damn good looking unit as well :)

32W in standby mode? sounds excessive!

couldn't agree more in regards to the 100Hz and the ppl pooping out of the screen. Was watching a james bond film and the fighting sequence looked totally fake.

Tephra is it possible to list your unit settings as you have collaborated it to your needs?

The American av sites say the same thing i.e. the 100hz or motion flicker setting needs to be set low or off, otherwise it looks artificial.

I recently saw the Sony X series - one clip looked very fluid, but fake. It is difficult to describe. It is like we are used to seeing motion blur, ghosting etc when watching TV, and when it starts to appear silky smooth or fluid like we sit back and think it looks artificial. Guess it is something you eyes adapt to over time.

Out of curiosity this panel does 24p over HMDI correctly like the Sony?

Hey all,

Finally bit the bullet and ordered mine today.

Decided to by from Myer (Knox) only cause the leg work had been done,

and all i had to do was go in and pay... thanks Deadlyone.

I ended up getting it for $3200 plus weekend delivery of $55.

I was going to push harder for free delivery... but was happy enough at that price.

Just wanted to get it asap and i missed the Friday delivery time.

The salesman Joseph was really helpful, and i mentioned 'an internet friend' aka DTV Forums

had told me about this awesome deal.

He seemed keen that i let 'my friends' know.

So feel free to say a 'friend' sent you <g>

Cheers

Chris

Good to hear you got on well. Perhaps having my ultra-cute 3y/o daughter in tow helped with the inclusive delivery ... heheh

My unit arrived at midday today, as promised. Ducked home to receive it and do a quick setup and check. Initial impression is very favourable. Unpack, plug-in, turn on, auto-setup. HD Digital FTA = very nice!! XBox = sweet. Full HD games and video from HTPC ... will check out thoroughly tonight.

Extremely happy so far.

When I picked up my Sony LCD, the sales guy mentioned about how you could lie the LCD's flat for transport, its the plasmas that you are not allowed to. He said some brand plasmas have sensors on the packaging to show if they have remained upright.

Relative safety for transporting a flat display panel laying down is proportional to the size of the panel. These panels are a rather delicate sandwich of films and components between two glass substrates. With a very large panel the weight of the glass itself causes a potential to deform. Travelling over bumps and vibrations can set up an oscillation where the contents of the sandwich may be damaged through compression and smearing.

Plasmas are generally larger than LCD, heavier glass, therefore this is more of an issue with them.

Never flex or twist your panel. In a nice rigid cardboard box, packed solid, I reckon you'd be pretty safe turning a large screen on its side to carry. I wouldn't do it once out of the box though.

D.

PS. It's a bit like stamped optical discs. Flex them and you won't see any cracks but what you've done is just make microscopic tears in the reflective film sandwiched between the polycarb layers.

Hey, Dansanhdieu,

Yeah I did get that very faint wave happening at the beginning, but after playing with the settings it has dissapeared. If you want, check out my previous post where i listed my settings from the tv.

As for the 100hz feature whilst watching bluray can't test that as i haven't got a bluray player yet. I'll have to ask my brother if i can borrow his PS3 over the weekend to test it out. In general I have found the 100hz feature is better to be turned off than on whilst watching a dvd or FTA.

Thanks alot bacco .

I have printed out your setting and config with my samsung . Now the wave seem to be disapper now . I can't really see it anymore .

Mode : Dynamic Contract : 69 Brightness : 45 Sharpness : 56 . Colour 55 Backlight 10 Digital NR off Active On Motion Plus 100hz off . Dnie on

Now i switch to Movie mode . Wave appear again . I do your config again apply all your setting correct just leave Mode on Movie Mode instead of Dynamic . this time . Wave gone again .

After playing around with it a little . i found out that have something to do with backlight feature . If i set backlight <=5 i can see the wave . If back light at max 10 i don't see anything . Bacco could you please apply your setting one more time and change backlight to 5 or 4 to see what happen .

The question is : Is this TV faulty or just we have to setting correctly . If you just reset all image setting and choose between 3 mode result is

Dynamic : you can see the wave but very hard to notice it

Standard : it visible

Movie : it very ovibious there is wave go up and down the screen . i already have my sister and my mom look at it and they also argeed there is wave running up and down the screen .

To matisha or anyother new F81 owner : If you read this message please try to do the same with your TV to see what happen .

Bye the way . i already called myer to get my tv replaced but they said they won't have stock until 17 December which is not very happy for me .

I have warranty problem with Samsung in the past and very happy with solution .

Just got mine delivered today looks great, worked beautifully for about half an hour then suddenly it blew a gusset..

flickering colored lines on every source, played around for a while no luck rang samsung they said replace it so i rang Myer and am having it replaced but have to wait 2 weeks or so SPEWING. hope this does'nt put anyone off though cause it was really good for a minute..

Just got mine delivered today looks great, worked beautifully for about half an hour then suddenly it blew a gusset..

flickering colored lines on every source, played around for a while no luck rang samsung they said replace it so i rang Myer and am having it replaced but have to wait 2 weeks or so SPEWING. hope this does'nt put anyone off though cause it was really good for a minute..

So far there have been alot of TV reported as faulty . I also bought it from Myer and will get replace as soon as they have stock .

So far there have been alot of TV reported as faulty . I also bought it from Myer and will get replace as soon as they have stock .

I carn't even watch mine its flickering that badly... :angry:

on the plus side if you get a replacement tv does this mean i can fill out my free 26" forms twice with different serials (fingers crossed) :blush:

on the plus side if you get a replacement tv does this mean i can fill out my free 26" forms twice with different serials (fingers crossed) :blush:

Thats a good way to look at it. Im down in the western district more than likely going to Geelong on the weekend. Has anyone seen stock around anywhere in Geelong. If not do they have them at the Melbourne city Myers store ( If not here where would the best bet be?). Dont want to drive all the way to Melbourne and then spend the rest of the day driving around the city looking for one. If I was to buy one in Melbourne can I take it there on the day or do I have it delivered. Would a 46" screen fit into the back seat of a VZ commodore sedan fairly easy or a bit of a tight fit?

Thanks Ben

Guest GeekGuy99

Hi All,

Git my 46 incher today. Setup went well, gotta love unpacking a box that size and knowing that is all 1080P HD goodness underneith!! :) Having said that, I have to admit that HDFTA is not at all as good as I had hoped for. Can anyone give me some advice on a good FTA program to watch in HD ... which is actually HD!

Peace

Geekguy

Hi All,

Git my 46 incher today. Setup went well, gotta love unpacking a box that size and knowing that is all 1080P HD goodness underneith!! :) Having said that, I have to admit that HDFTA is not at all as good as I had hoped for. Can anyone give me some advice on a good FTA program to watch in HD ... which is actually HD!

Peace

Geekguy

Check out The David Letterman show. Its about the best FTA HD program I have seen.

Edited by ledge

anyone have the price for 52"....

There is a stock issue with 46", gotta to wait till 17/12. that's what the salesperson told me....

Is there any place in sydney that have the lcd in stock?

Cheers

I found a company in Sydney called Dancom that can supply the new f series and will match any reasonable price elsewhere, extended warrantys and all the goodies to go with it

Is there any place in sydney that have the lcd in stock?

Cheers

My suggestion is you should wait for the 2nd batch to arrive and buy after that . coz it look like me and ....another 5,6 people in this forum have a Faulty TV 46" F81 series waiting to get replace when the 2nd batch stock arrive on 17 december .

After a long time looking through discussion on this forum, I went ahead and bought a 40" M81 yesterday, and it's a mighty fine screen that'll serve my ps3 gaming well. Just one thing's puzzling me at the moment, the menu option that I need to be able to select to manually sort TV channels is greyed out and I can't find any way of 'unlocking' it so I can group the channels together for easy selection. Someone please tell me I've missed something obvious here, because it's the only thing I have a problem with at the moment.

hi, planning to get 40" soon. im going to use it for movie, console gaming, and pc gaming as well. could anyone tell me the image quality when it's hooked up to a pc? especially during gaming? any ghosting issues, etc? thanks in advance.