Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

What about unplugging one by one what you have connected to it just in case a piece of equipment is causing this. Make sure you turn the tv off whilst you do this...I'll have another look through the book...

Thanks for all the help skouta, appreciate it mate!

Just tried, still the same.

I think its the panel...

Have a look at these pics (these are from the panel itself with nothing plugged in)

dsc00923xz5.th.jpg

As you can see this is just the panel running by itself with nothing plugged in. See how the colour is just stuffed...

dsc00926vi5.th.jpg

Excuse my ignorance guys... not that acronym savvy yet...

FTA stands for?

Bacco , when you watching Free to air 7 , 10 on your Sammy . Try to open the menu and look carefully if you see any wave going up and down the picture if you look carefully .

My F81 46" Samsung have that wave no matter you watching Digital TV or HD DVD or Bluray . I am not sure if the TV is defect or i didn't setup it right .

One more thing is have you try to turn on that Motion Plus 100Hz feature on while watching Bluray .....the picture will be freeze sometime and pixelize . When i turn on that feature everything is fine . I am not very happy with my Samsung F81 compare to my older samsung 32" . Not sure it because it didn't setup it right or because of my HDMI cable .

Thanks alot if you or anyone here can help me test those problem

I think its the panel...

Have a look at these pics (these are from the panel itself with nothing plugged in)

dsc00923xz5.th.jpg

As you can see this is just the panel running by itself with nothing plugged in. See how the colour is just stuffed...

dsc00926vi5.th.jpg

It looks like either interference or if I was seeing this on an old CRT TV I would suggest that NTSC has been selected...I'm sorry I cannot help any further. Maybe you should try posting on the Samsung 1080p thread and see if someone can help there...sorry.

I think its the panel...

dsc00923xz5.th.jpg

dsc00926vi5.th.jpg

The TV is Faulty mate.

Take it back to the store and have them swap it, as Samsung offer a 14 day replacment warranty.

Hey guys

(I posted this on the new F81 thread but can't seem to find a solution)

Bought the new F81 46" today but having big problems with the picture!!!

The picture coming out is really bad at the moment, it seems all pixelated with vertical lines coming through.

I've played around with all the picture settings but still can't get it any better. :angry:

And its definitely not the source. I checked on foxtel, USB hi-def pictures and FTA on the HD channels all the same.

Even the menu colours are like this...

Wondering if anybody else has had any problems???

See pics below:

dsc00919mc9.th.jpg

dsc00916vy8.th.jpg

tried also unplugging everything, turning motion control off etc

I think it might be the panel itself.

These are pics from the panel with nothing plugged in

dsc00923xz5.th.jpg

dsc00926vi5.th.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated!!!

Edited by fake64

Hi fake64 ,

I also have a Samsung F81 46" myself 2 days ago and i believe there is something wrong with these first batch from Samsung .

My tv don't have problem like you do but it have a different problem . Even with no in plug in . if you look at it carefully you will see wave go up and down in the back ground .....i did also play with all the setting and try to unplug everything all the source and plug it back it one by one . it still have that wave go top -> bottom of my screen . Look like something wrong with this new Motion Plus technology . tv doesn't appear to have enough Frequency .

I will try to move away my subwoofer and my AVR tomorrow to see if it make any different . my old tv i have sub right next to it and Avr right on top . this new tv i have avr under the tv cabinet .

Very much appreciate if anyone could help to fix this problem . if not i believe the tv is faulty have will return to samsung .

Hey guys

The picture coming out is really bad at the moment, it seems all pixelated with vertical lines coming through.

I've played around with all the picture settings but still can't get it any better. :angry:

And its definitely not the source. I checked on foxtel, USB hi-def pictures and FTA on the HD channels all the same.

See pics below:

dsc00919mc9.th.jpg

dsc00916vy8.th.jpg

dsc00923xz5.th.jpg

dsc00926vi5.th.jpg

Hi fake64 ,

I also have a Samsung F81 46" myself 2 days ago and i believe there is something wrong with these first batch from Samsung .

My tv don't have problem like you do but it have a different problem . Even with no in plug in . if you look at it carefully you will see wave go up and down in the back ground .....i did also play with all the setting and try to unplug everything all the source and plug it back it one by one . it still have that wave go top -> bottom of my screen . Look like something wrong with this new Motion Plus technology . tv doesn't appear to have enough Frequency .

I will try to move away my subwoofer and my AVR tomorrow to see if it make any different . my old tv i have sub right next to it and Avr right on top . this new tv i have avr under the tv cabinet .

Very much appreciate if anyone could help to fix this problem . if not i believe the tv is faulty have will return to samsung .

Hey guys

See pics below:

dsc00919mc9.th.jpg

dsc00916vy8.th.jpg

dsc00923xz5.th.jpg

dsc00926vi5.th.jpg

After reading most of this ** long ** post last night, I decided I'd look into these Samsung plasma's on the weekend. I've been a long time fan of the Panasonics, but these Sammy's definitely looked worth checking out after all the rave comments. BTW we're very happy with our Sammy LCD computer monitors...

Well as it turned out, the significant other dragged me along to the GG VIP sale tonight (@ Taylors Lakes, Vic) to convince me to buy her the top of the line Dyson vac (RRP $999 for $775). I jokingly told her I was happy to buy it for her if I could buy a plasma TV. You could have knocked me over with a feather when she said yes! Who do you reckon got the better deal??? :-)

And then when I had a look at the Sammy's and found out the price, we definitely couldn't say no. Picked up the 42" Q91 for $1,699 which I believe is below cost price. It was only $19 more than the C91. They had about a dozen left which they wanted to clear, so I reckon I got one hell of a deal. Cost another $229 for an additional 3 years warranty for 5 years total. I'm in plasma bliss!!! Couldn't fit it in the back of the Commodore tonight - MAJOR BUMMER!!! so will have go back tomorrow with a mate and his Kluger to collect it.

Couldn't justify the extra $$$'s for the 50" as we sit about 2m from the TV in our narrowish HT room. It's definitely a step up in size from our 80cm Loewe widescreen CRT, which nonethless still has a gorgeus picture. Can't wait to set it up and see how good it is.

So which settings are recommended for the 42"? It seems that the settings published here are for the 50". Do these settings work just as well for the 42"?

Also need to get a new DVD player now, preferably one with up-converting. What do people recommend? How are the Pioneer and Sammy players? Any other sets worth looking at to go with this set?

Many thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread and made some great recommendations.

Edited by ozron

NO, sorry mate.

It wont be anything you could fix, just get it replaced asap.

hi automan ,

i also believe that my samsung is faulty too as it have the wave in the background even if nothing plug into it . .....diff problem with fake64 but i tried everything

Thing like this ....should i go back to Myer and get them replace or i have to call samsung about it .

Thanks

Ordering/Paying 2 x 52" F81 on Saturday, if lucky last two will be still in stock...

Got price too good to refuse, and the 26" freebie makes the deal even sweeter.

Sorry I can mention price its too sensitive but starts with $4???

Will let you know what they like, but already the forums are covering them as fantastic screens, and good value.

I also ordered mine (F46") last night on Bing Lee 50 months interest free. Great offer I got!! Well, over all since I don't need to pay upfront and can make interest on the $3560 I paid..over 50 months this interest on the money would be around 500 bucks so over all, I get it around for $3300 (3560-500 + 59*4, where 59 is the yearly fee for the HSBC credit card) without paying a single cent upfront...Can't be happier ....

Now just waiting for my baby to come in 2 weeks ... :rolleyes:

Can someone confirm if these F8 units do 1080p/24 @ 48Hz/72Hz?

Love the feedback about the TV, but I want some more feedback from owners. I was thinking of buying the 50 inch 1080p Samsung Plasma, but I want to use the TV as a PC monitor as well, and I think a Plasma is not up to it, even if a Plasma is much better for Tv and movies.

I was wondering if the motion blur is gone from this LCD or not and or does anyone notice any stuttering with the picture on fast action. The 100htz thing is supposed to fix this and I hate judder when I watch TV. Nice to hear the blacks are nice, but how about the realness of the Picture is that any better with this compared to a Plasma. Also fine detail, shadows ect, please be free to say your mind :)

I think I will wait till I see some reviews of the TV before I make My midn up though.

/PS I wish they made a 50 inch version, I realy wanted a 50 incher/ The 52 is toooo expensive :(

Thanks.

Edited by x2gamer2003

Bacco , when you watching Free to air 7 , 10 on your Sammy . Try to open the menu and look carefully if you see any wave going up and down the picture if you look carefully .

My F81 46" Samsung have that wave no matter you watching Digital TV or HD DVD or Bluray . I am not sure if the TV is defect or i didn't setup it right .

One more thing is have you try to turn on that Motion Plus 100Hz feature on while watching Bluray .....the picture will be freeze sometime and pixelize . When i turn on that feature everything is fine . I am not very happy with my Samsung F81 compare to my older samsung 32" . Not sure it because it didn't setup it right or because of my HDMI cable .

Thanks alot if you or anyone here can help me test those problem

Hey, Dansanhdieu,

Yeah I did get that very faint wave happening at the beginning, but after playing with the settings it has dissapeared. If you want, check out my previous post where i listed my settings from the tv.

As for the 100hz feature whilst watching bluray can't test that as i haven't got a bluray player yet. I'll have to ask my brother if i can borrow his PS3 over the weekend to test it out. In general I have found the 100hz feature is better to be turned off than on whilst watching a dvd or FTA.

I found that Myer Canberra City would only match $3300 however Myer at Tuggers matched the $3200 (delivery extra $35) however I was told that there is not stock left in the Sydney Warehouse and that next delivery is mid January. Hopefully Canberra Myers can also draw on the Melbourne warehouse which seems to have stock left..........

Cheers

Got mine from Canb City Myer yesterday $3200 +$315 add warranty +$35 delivery - 18 months interest free - gotta love you guys! I simply took the info from this forum with the names of sales reps from other Myer stores. No dramas.

I'm finding out today about delivery dates, as I had things were a bit slow with that and I had to go back to work.

Bit worried now after reading the posts re: F81 PQ above....

Cheers

Hmm...I am going now to the shops to order mine on the Bing Lee 50 months interest free offer... I was hoping the TV would fit in my Mazda 6 Hatch..I will make sure to check this with the salesguy.

Stinger723, who told you that this TV has to be kept upright? I checked packaging for one of these at Bing Lee and it has good thermocol padding around the LCD and the guys at Bing lee were taping it up (the last display model on the floor for a customer) and put it upside down and packaged it... Let me know as it will save me $40 for delivery

Hi

Just the guys at myer storeroom said shouldn't be put on its side as thats the way it is supposed to be transported. After opening it up I can't see a major problem putting it on its side. The tv really isnt that heavy (especially conpared to my old 32inch widescreen I just had to move :)

HI

Picked up my new 46" from Myer yesterday (had to borrow a ute)

PROBLEM Looks like it is faulty. After turning on it will work for anywhere between 5 seconds and a few minutes. Then Picture goes (showing just lines) and sound continues for a few seconds then it turns off. It then turns itself on again after a few seconds.!!!!

I have rung samsung who said to ring Myer. Myer would of replaced it for me if they had any stock left (3 wk wait) ARRRGGHH

Spoke to tech at samsung and am getting a tech to come out and look at it (not sure when though)

Suppose partially my fault they had none left at myer I'pilly as I told everyone the great price I got.

Any ideas what the problem could be. I played with most settings. Assuming it faulty powersupply.

HI

Picked up my new 46" from Myer yesterday (had to borrow a ute)

PROBLEM Looks like it is faulty. After turning on it will work for anywhere between 5 seconds and a few minutes. Then Picture goes (showing just lines) and sound continues for a few seconds then it turns off. It then turns itself on again after a few seconds.!!!!

I have rung samsung who said to ring Myer. Myer would of replaced it for me if they had any stock left (3 wk wait) ARRRGGHH

Spoke to tech at samsung and am getting a tech to come out and look at it (not sure when though)

Suppose partially my fault they had none left at myer I'pilly as I told everyone the great price I got.

Any ideas what the problem could be. I played with most settings. Assuming it faulty powersupply.

Just out of curiosity, when you had it in your ute, did you have it upright or lying flat on its side?

Well mine is good however 1W standby is BS, I'm measuring 32W

PQ is pretty good, although I don't really have anything to compare it too. 100Hz thing is pretty cool, with 4 settings (Off,Low,Med,High) I have it on Low as High just looks fake, like the ppl are popping out of the screen.

Also some weirdness in the PS3 menus after watching a movie, its like the TV has to detect that 100Hz or NR isn't needed anymore so you need to wait a couple of mins before the PS3 menus come smooth again!

Other than that I am very happy, damn good looking unit as well :)

I bought a Samsung 40" M81 mid september. Havnt had a problem with it but tonight it has been making a humming noise when its a dark screen/doesnt have a signal from anything. its really annoying and quite audible. Does anyone else who has one have the same thing or should i ring samsung?

Thanks